PDA

View Full Version : Jim Boeheim will be looking for win #800 in Friday's game against Oklahoma

Wrigleyboy25
03-25-2009, 10:52 AM
As if Friday's game couldn't be any bigger for either school, Coach Boeheim will be in pursuit of his 800th win, a mark Jim Calhoun just recently reached with much fanfare.

A little extra incentive there for Jimmy.

Blake Griffin also has some extra motivation-he was the final cut from the under 18 US team by the selection committee which featured Jim Boeheim.

Chest Rockwell
03-25-2009, 01:13 PM
And I hope he gets it.

YankeePride13
03-25-2009, 02:29 PM
And I hope he doesn't.

Wrigleyboy25
03-25-2009, 02:31 PM
And I hope he doesn't.
Shocker!

We wouldn't want any more evidence to disprove your misguided claim that he isn't an elite coach.

SidTheKid
03-25-2009, 02:32 PM
I hope he gets it :shrug:

YankeePride13
03-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Shocker!

We wouldn't want any more evidence to disprove your misguided claim that he isn't an elite coach.

Pretty sure I ruined you in that argument and had the entire board agreeing with me on that one....

BUT...

Once again you're wrong. I don't want them to win because I have Oklahoma beating them in my bracket :)

Wrigleyboy25
03-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Pretty sure I ruined you in that argument and had the entire board agreeing with me on that one....

BUT...

Once again you're wrong. I don't want them to win because I have Oklahoma beating them in my bracket :)
Lol. In what world was everyone agreeing with you? He is an elite coach. You had nobody saying otherwise. Some people said they wouldn't put him with Coach K and Dean Smith which is fine, but he's without a shadow of a doubt an elite coach.

YankeePride13
03-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Lol. In what world was everyone agreeing with you? He is an elite coach. You had nobody saying otherwise. Some people said they wouldn't put him with Coach K and Dean Smith which is fine, but he's without a shadow of a doubt an elite coach.

Everyone said...he's good, not elite. I can up the thread if you'd like....

With that said...previewing this game...

Cuse really have the makeup this year to win a title. They hit those checklists you look for in championship teams (point guard play, experience, coaching, etc.). I also like them having the ability to really sink in that 2-3 and throw a couple of guys on Griffin(s).

Anyone know the line for this game?

sdweston757
03-25-2009, 03:10 PM
i dont want him to get it because i have ok in the final 4

and i hope griffin dunks on devildorf

Padres Son
03-25-2009, 03:34 PM

BUT...

Pretty sure I wasn't agreeing with you.

Since you've stated that 'Cuse has the makeup to win a national championship... would you consider Boeheim an elite coach if he wins his second national title? His resume would be almost identical to Jim Calhoun's... and you've already stated that Calhoun is an elite coach.

YankeePride13
03-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Pretty sure I wasn't agreeing with you.

Since you've stated that 'Cuse has the makeup to win a national championship... would you consider Boeheim an elite coach if he wins his second national title? His resume would be almost identical to Jim Calhoun's... and you've already stated that Calhoun is an elite coach.

I would definitely give it much more consideration.

Winning national championships is huge, and his 2nd in 6 years would be even more gigantic.

I'm not going to be stubborn and hold to a stance after he accomplishes more in his career. I'm saying with his resume right now, he's not an elite coach.

He wins another national title, he very well might step into that plateau. He's done a phenomenal job this year with this team.

Sport
03-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Boeheim isn't an elite coach? You kidding? He is in my mind a top 5 coach in the nation right now, and I don't even like 'Cuse. When you are at a certain University for 30+ years, your doing something right.

In the end, I don't care who wins tonight because I had ASU beating OU in this game, so for me it doesn't really matter. Since I like the Oklahoma football team, I guess I'll cheer for the Sooners.

METS4LIFE1988
03-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Jim Boeheim will be looking for win #800 in Friday's game against Oklahoma

And he won't get it.