PDA

View Full Version : Seth Curry to transfer

hotpotato1092
03-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Stephen's little brother Seth, the nation's 20th leading scorer will transfer from Liberty according to ESPN news. I'm sure the basketball factories like Duke, Kansas and UNC will at least look at him after how well both curry's have done. In the end I have a feeling he ends up at a big east school like syracuse or pitt, not sure why I just have a gut feeling.

jim51990
03-24-2009, 07:54 PM
come to providence seth please

NYK|NYY
03-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Would be cool if he went to a Big East school.

Wake's Fastball
03-24-2009, 08:30 PM
come to providence seth please

Another Providence fan!! There is a god!

And yes, Seth, come to Providence.

Chateamsfan
03-24-2009, 10:33 PM
He's got to come to North Carolina!

superkegger
03-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Does college basketball have the rule where you have to sit out a year after you transfer?

LivingThroughMe
03-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Does college basketball have the rule where you have to sit out a year after you transfer?

Scott Martin sat out this year after leaving Purdue for Notre Dame.

Wake's Fastball
03-24-2009, 11:51 PM

Yeah. There are some extenuating circumstances (Tyler Smith comes to mind), but pretty much everyone has to.

yboord028
03-24-2009, 11:55 PM
Yeah. There are some extenuating circumstances (Tyler Smith comes to mind), but pretty much everyone has to.

Yeah there are some times when you can get off, like Will Harris who transferred from Virginia to UAlbany got a waiver because he wanted to be closer to home to help his family out, things of that nature.

Phelps89
03-25-2009, 12:23 AM
Come to Iowa Seth..Please!!!

LivingThroughMe
03-25-2009, 12:50 AM
Come to Iowa Seth..Please!!!

:laugh:

cubfan23
03-25-2009, 01:59 AM
Yeah there are some times when you can get off, like Will Harris who transferred from Virginia to UAlbany got a waiver because he wanted to be closer to home to help his family out, things of that nature.

yeah some of those waivers are ******** though. I remember doing a 1page essay on a few players who were using that excuse and it was just crap. But anyways he may go to VT since his dad is an alum and all.

JakeDelbreezy
03-25-2009, 09:49 AM

The whole Baylor team got waivers when they had that tragedy a few years back when one teammate murdered another. But I remember when Alex Stephenson transferred from UNC to Souther Cal to be closer to sick family members they wouldn't let him play right away. UNC sent letters saying they were fine with allowing him to play, and even went above that making additional request etc and the NCAA still wouldn't allow him to play.

noturnormalhero
03-25-2009, 10:35 AM
The big east or ACC is where i'd go if i were him. Providence isn't too bad. The schools you mentioned are all possibilities. Same goes for any school in the Big East or ACC. We're all being homers here so i'll be one too lol. Canes could definitely use a PG and it looks like the chances of John Wall committing here is limited so that would be a nice pickup. He'd get a lot of playing time and face ACC competition lol. Who knows where he'll end up. Havent seen or read any reports on where he's interested in going. Should be interesting from here on out.

YankeePride13
03-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Boy, these big programs really missed the boat on both of these kids.

He must have signed early to Liberty, because I find it hard to imagine that the big time programs wouldn't be all over him last year when they found out Steph Curry had a younger brother in High School.

sdweston757
03-25-2009, 03:14 PM
i would take him

Chest Rockwell
03-25-2009, 05:25 PM
I don't see anyway Curry goes to Duke.

homestarunner93
03-25-2009, 06:01 PM
He should come to Clemson. We need a SG/PG now that Rivers is gone.

LivingThroughMe
03-25-2009, 08:14 PM

I agree. If he wants ACC for better competition, he would probably play the most minutes at schools like: BC, VaTech, NCS, Georgia Tech.

Sport
03-25-2009, 08:27 PM
VaTech seems like a logical location.

sdweston757
03-25-2009, 08:47 PM
i never said that he was coming to duke, i just said i would have him if he wanted to come

Sport
03-25-2009, 11:07 PM
i never said that he was coming to duke, i just said i would have him if he wanted to come

In that case, come to Minnesota. We got Tubby!:cry:

Chest Rockwell
03-25-2009, 11:28 PM

I don't know if this was directed towards me or not, but if it was, I wasn't directing my post towards you. I didn't even know you posted. I was referring to the original post where it had Duke as a possible destination.

sdweston757
03-25-2009, 11:32 PM
^^^ true that. double true

xmoney328
03-26-2009, 07:23 PM
i can see S. Curry in a UNC uniform....however a say i goes to VA Tech....because they miss out on the other Curry!

Corey
03-26-2009, 08:44 PM
I'd love him in a Kansas jersey. Especially with Sherron Collins leaving after this year.

metsfreak
03-27-2009, 02:55 AM
Like someone said above Virginia Tech seems like a logical destination but........where they didn't recruit either of the Curry boys I think they will be left out. I think Morgantown and Huggins would be a great choice :D

thedfactor
03-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Definitely should go Big East for best competition. I would love him at Syracuse, but if he went anywhere in the conference I would be happy.

homestarunner93
03-28-2009, 03:06 PM
He's probably headed to the ACC. NC State, Wake, Duke, Clemson, and VA Tech have all been granted permission to talk to him. There's no way he'll go to NC State, VA Tech passed on his brother and him already, and Wake's already loaded at his position. I think it will come down to Duke and Clemson. If he knows what's good for him, Seth will be a Clemson Tiger.

Sport
03-28-2009, 03:13 PM
He's probably headed to the ACC. NC State, Wake, Duke, Clemson, and VA Tech have all been granted permission to talk to him. There's no way he'll go to NC State, VA Tech passed on his brother and him already, and Wake's already loaded at his position. I think it will come down to Duke and Clemson. If he knows what's good for him, Seth will be a Clemson Tiger.

Kakaroach
03-28-2009, 04:11 PM
He'll end up at VirginaTech.

homestarunner93
03-28-2009, 08:08 PM
What's so funny? Clemson has a great program with Oliver Purnell at the helm. Seth has the position to him self. Meanwhile, Duke always recruits great players. Seth will just end up as another member of the crowd. Clemson is sure as hell better than Minnesota.

He'll end up at VirginaTech.
How much do you want to bet he won't?

And the plot thickens! Let the speculation begin! Seriously though, Virginia Tech is already in the red in terms of scholarships for next season so I seriously doubt Curry will end up a Hokie unless hes willing to pay his own way, which seems unlikely.
http://www.techhoops.com/2009/03/24/seth-curry-transferring-from-liberty/
:eyebrow:

homestarunner93
03-29-2009, 06:06 PM
http://www.accsports.com/blogs/david-glenn/200903275062/acc-schools-prominent-on-seth-currys-wish-list.php

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=192&f=1118&t=4144181

Clemson, Duke, or Wake.

Sabres39
03-29-2009, 07:40 PM
Duke lands Seth Curry! (http://www.mynewsadvance.com/index.php/chris_lang/comments/curry_lands_at_duke/)

Man, our 2010 team is going to be sick!

sdweston757
03-29-2009, 07:53 PM

hmmmmmm....

Kakaroach
03-29-2009, 08:50 PM
WOW lol. I def. did not see that one coming. Duke should be a lot better the year after next year. :)

LivingThroughMe
03-29-2009, 09:09 PM
*sigh*

metsfreak
03-30-2009, 01:14 AM
Duke lands Seth Curry! (http://www.mynewsadvance.com/index.php/chris_lang/comments/curry_lands_at_duke/)

Man, our 2010 team is going to be sick!

You do realize that he has to sit out next year, right?

03-30-2009, 01:51 AM
You do realize that he has to sit out next year, right?
Yes, he does, which is why he said 2010 team...

metsfreak
03-30-2009, 01:52 AM
Yes, he does, which is why he said 2010 team...

:hide: I guess I was thinking about this being 09 and next year 2010 and not thinking about how basketball seasons are spread over 2 years numerically speaking.

Sport
03-30-2009, 01:56 AM
What's so funny? Clemson has a great program with Oliver Purnell at the helm. Seth has the position to him self. Meanwhile, Duke always recruits great players. Seth will just end up as another member of the crowd. Clemson is sure as hell better than Minnesota.

How much do you want to bet he won't?

http://www.techhoops.com/2009/03/24/seth-curry-transferring-from-liberty/
:eyebrow:

Hmm, looks like Duke got him.

I was laughing because you said Seth would come to Clemson 'if he knew what was good for him'. That's funny. Because Clemson is such a powerhouse?:D

I don't know if you caught on, but when I said Minnesota, it was obviously a joke.:rolleyes: The fact that you were serious about Clemson just makes me :jawdrop:

gocubs2118
03-30-2009, 08:44 AM
YAY, Duke lands another one dimensional player. They don't have enough of those, especially playing guard.

sdweston757
03-30-2009, 10:55 AM
another thread that turns into duke bashing^ it just never gets old.

gocubs2118
03-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Its the truth. Did you not watch the Villanova game?

sdweston757
03-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Its the truth. Did you not watch the Villanova game?

nah i didnt watch it.. who won??

gocubs2118
03-30-2009, 02:58 PM
nah i didnt watch it.. who won??

Not the one dimensional Duke guards.

homestarunner93
03-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Hmm, looks like Duke got him.

I was laughing because you said Seth would come to Clemson 'if he knew what was good for him'. That's funny. Because Clemson is such a powerhouse?:D

I don't know if you caught on, but when I said Minnesota, it was obviously a joke.:rolleyes: The fact that you were serious about Clemson just makes me :jawdrop:

Clemson > Minnesota big time. Seth was considering Clemson, anyone with knowledge about the situation knew that. I don't think a powerhouse was the best place for him, he needed to go somewhere where he'd be the premier scorer. He could've been that at Clemson. I love how you waited to respond until you knew he was going to Duke. What would you have said if he had gone to Clemson? Likely nothing.

sdweston757
03-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Not the one dimensional Duke guards.

Duke guards
Scheyer- shoot, pass, play defense, and handle the ball
Smith- perimeter shot, run the floor, and finish
Henderson- score, rebound, block shots and dunk

not to mention they can all shoot free throws

They dont really seem that one dimensional to me...

SidTheKid
03-30-2009, 07:19 PM
I'll welcome Curry with open arms. He makes the 2010 recruiting class that much better.

gocubs2118
03-30-2009, 08:17 PM
I'll welcome Curry with open arms. He makes the 2010 recruiting class that much better.

That will hopefully not include Harrison Barnes. This is not Duke bashing, I just really want him to stay home.

SidTheKid
03-30-2009, 08:25 PM
That will hopefully not include Harrison Barnes. This is not Duke bashing, I just really want him to stay home.

I hear ya. From what I hear though Duke is at the top of his list right now.

gocubs2118
03-30-2009, 09:05 PM
I hear ya. From what I hear though Duke is at the top of his list right now.

Probably. In the end it will be between Duke and Iowa State.

Sport
03-31-2009, 01:31 AM
Clemson > Minnesota big time. Seth was considering Clemson, anyone with knowledge about the situation knew that. I don't think a powerhouse was the best place for him, he needed to go somewhere where he'd be the premier scorer. He could've been that at Clemson. I love how you waited to respond until you knew he was going to Duke. What would you have said if he had gone to Clemson? Likely nothing.

Ok, first off. Clemson is not > big time to Minnesota. Sorry, Homer.

Second, sorry I wasn't on this site at the exact moment you wrote that. Silly me for having a life.:rolleyes:

Your a homer. It's obvious. No need to be upset about it.

YankeePride13
03-31-2009, 08:25 AM
Probably. In the end it will be between Duke and Iowa State.

Hate to break it to you, but Barnes isn't going to Iowa State...

Duke's got this kid locked up.

This coming from a Carolina fan...

gocubs2118
03-31-2009, 12:06 PM

I wouldn't say he is locked up at all and I don't care if you are a Carolina fan. Barnes grew up in Ames, is very close to his family and has a very good relationship with Greg McDermott. He very well may end up going to Duke but its dumb to say Duke has him "locked up".

homestarunner93
03-31-2009, 05:10 PM

Second, sorry I wasn't on this site at the exact moment you wrote that. Silly me for having a life.:rolleyes:

Its obvious that Seth Curry was considering Clemson too. Its also obvious that he could've been the man at a major school had he gone to Clemson as well. His loss :shrug:.

kvrnm
03-31-2009, 11:46 PM

i would agree that clemson is > over minnesota... why is that so irrational?

SidTheKid
04-01-2009, 02:43 PM

It's very hard to judge what school college prospects are leaning towards but as of right now I think he will end up going to Duke.

Sport
04-02-2009, 12:42 AM
i would agree that clemson is > over minnesota... why is that so irrational?

I'd say they're pretty equal. They're both mediocre at sports. I don't get where someone comes off saying that Clemson is big time better than Minnesota.:shrug: