PDA

View Full Version : Jonny Flynn

oldenpolynice
03-24-2009, 05:31 PM
What do you think is the ceiling for his NBA career? Mid-level point guard? All-Star point guard? I think if he works on his outside shooting, he can be an All-Star prospect.

We'll have to wait another year to see though. He has decided to stay one more year at Syracuse and he seems adament about it. That means he'll be entering the 2010 NBA Draft.

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2009/03/24/jonny-flynn-will-stay-another-year-at-syracuse/

klvanzu
03-24-2009, 05:38 PM
I really think he'll be an all star, and possible super star. He's got that swagger like Chris Paul. His handles are sick, he's super quick/fast, good leaper, has good vision. He actually reminds me a lot of Paul in college.

LTS
03-24-2009, 05:43 PM
he's a good player and staying another year is a great decsion

sdweston757
03-24-2009, 05:47 PM
im not sold on him yet.

BTownTeamsRKing
03-24-2009, 06:00 PM
the next AI. quote it.

hes got some of the best handles in college basketball along with a great ability to score in various ways. super quick and plays with heart. the next AI. i just hope he is more of a teammate

josh-hamilton32
03-24-2009, 06:03 PM
i think he could be very good

oldenpolynice
03-24-2009, 06:54 PM
I really think he'll be an all star, and possible super star. He's got that swagger like Chris Paul. His handles are sick, he's super quick/fast, good leaper, has good vision. He actually reminds me a lot of Paul in college.

I've heard the A.I. comparisons, but never Chris Paul before. Dude seems like a legitimate talent. I hope another year of college ball seasons him into a lottery pick.

superkegger
03-24-2009, 07:23 PM
I love the kid. He's an awesome talent. I think he'll be an multiple time all star.

Cassidy28
03-24-2009, 08:07 PM
He'll be pretty good

jrilla1210
03-24-2009, 08:11 PM
A few good games in the Big East and the NCAAS and now we're comparing him to Paul. Im not sold yet. Maybe im just having Tyrus Thomas nightmares. Great run in the tourney with LSU skyrocketed his stock and now look.

Kakaroach
03-24-2009, 08:27 PM
I think he'll be an All-Star. Prolly gonna be the next Baron Davis.

unwantedplayer
03-24-2009, 08:38 PM
I think he'll be an All-Star. Prolly gonna be the next Baron Davis.

But probably less injury prone. Kid has great talent, but sometimes the transition into the NBA doesn't always work out great.

BleedGreen1014
03-24-2009, 08:57 PM
this is me being a homer-love flynn, great player, WILL BE GREAT IN THE NBA
this is me not being a homer-love flynn, great player, WILL BE GREAT IN THE NBA

Kakaroach
03-24-2009, 09:00 PM
^^ lol BleedGreen yea hopefully not as injury-prone as B-Diddy

oldenpolynice
03-24-2009, 09:04 PM
this is me being a homer-love flynn, great player, WILL BE GREAT IN THE NBA
this is me not being a homer-love flynn, great player, WILL BE GREAT IN THE NBA

So, basically you're on Jonny Flynn's jock...

DreamShaker
03-24-2009, 09:08 PM
I have liked what I have seen so far. I'm kinda suprised to see the AI comparisons...I honestly hadn't even heard of him until the conference title run.

oldenpolynice
03-24-2009, 09:31 PM
I have liked what I have seen so far. I'm kinda suprised to see the AI comparisons...I honestly hadn't even heard of him until the conference title run.

They've been saying it on nationally-casted Syracuse games since the beginning of the season. They also call that dude Maze out of Tennessee the next Iverson, too. So, really, we can't put much stock in that.

leftie5
03-24-2009, 09:47 PM
I have only seen him play a few games this season, but it seems like he is a really strong player. Quick and athletic as well.

He seems like a good defender and the thing I like most about him is he gets after it and is passionate about the game. A little small height wise, but he 'plays a lot bigger' than he is.

DirtyThirty
03-25-2009, 09:32 AM

agreed

BleedGreen1014
03-25-2009, 09:59 AM
So, basically you're on Jonny Flynn's jock...

is that a bad thing?

Wrigleyboy25
03-25-2009, 10:15 AM
He's not the next AI. Not even close. He's not quick enough and he isn't as good around the basket. He's good around the basket, but he's not even the best penetrating guard on his own team--that'd be Eric Devendorf.

He's incredibly talented but I don't think he's a superstar. He'll be solid.

And I am not sold on him sticking around for another year yet. What do you want him to say? He's in the middle of the NCAA Tournament being asked that question. 'Melo and Greene basically said they'd be back too.

If SU makes it to the Final 4 or title game especially, I think he'll go.

nyjets28
03-25-2009, 10:18 AM
the guy is very talented no question about it.. great at penatrating and makes passes like hes got eyes in the back of his head.. needs to work on his shot a little but i think he cud be a tremendous nba player

Lindystud36
03-25-2009, 10:33 AM
Kids smart, going back to college to develop his body and his game, when he goes pro he will be stronger faster and quicker, hell be more mature and will be ready to make a major impact. The knicks only going to wish he came out this year so they could grab him

How does he comepare to brandon Jennings??

AIsixersFK
03-25-2009, 10:34 AM
In high school we played Flynn twice my senior year.....We wen't 17-2 that year w two losses to Niagara falls. Dude was sick then and even better now. I remember one play where a kid on his team missed a 3 and he jumped up and did a behind the back dunk while the ball was still in the air. He has tremendous upside and only looks to continue to improve his game. He will be a star in the NBA.

BleedGreen1014
03-25-2009, 10:49 AM
i really feel like flynn will stay 1 more year and leave with paul harris, cause harris will be a senior next yr

Korman12
03-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Love the player, tremendous collegiate talent, but experts are a little reserved about his ceiling. Hope he becomes a good player though.

EX-TREME
03-25-2009, 01:15 PM
he will be a nice player

klvanzu
03-25-2009, 09:11 PM
A few good games in the Big East and the NCAAS and now we're comparing him to Paul. Im not sold yet. Maybe im just having Tyrus Thomas nightmares. Great run in the tourney with LSU skyrocketed his stock and now look.

A few good games? I guess you don't watch college basketball. The comparison to Paul is a very viable argument. I'm not talking about Chris Paul in the NBA, I'm talking about the player I watched in college. Obviously, CP3 has become a much better player since his days at Wake Forest. Look at the numbers of Paul and Flynn, what they've done for their teams, and also how they match up physically.

Look at the Comparison:
Flynn: 6'0 185lbs
Freshman: 15.7ppg 5.3apg 2.7rpg 46%FG 1.5spg
Sophomore: 17.3ppg 6.7apg 2.8rpg 46%FG 1.5spg

Paul: 6'0 180lbs
Freshman: 14.8ppg 5.9apg 3.3rpg 50%FG 2.7spg
Sophomore: 15.3ppg 6.6apg 4.5rpg 45%FG 2.4spg

Paul was a little more rounded as a player, but the comparison can definitely be made. Physically they're extremely similar, though Flynn may be slightly more athletic.

I'm not saying Flynn will be on the level of Paul, but at worst he'll be a player similar to T.J. Ford (numbers wise).

oldenpolynice
03-25-2009, 10:58 PM
A few good games? I guess you don't watch college basketball. The comparison to Paul is a very viable argument. I'm not talking about Chris Paul in the NBA, I'm talking about the player I watched in college. Obviously, CP3 has become a much better player since his days at Wake Forest. Look at the numbers of Paul and Flynn, what they've done for their teams, and also how they match up physically.

Look at the Comparison:
Flynn: 6'0 185lbs
Freshman: 15.7ppg 5.3apg 2.7rpg 46%FG 1.5spg
Sophomore: 17.3ppg 6.7apg 2.8rpg 46%FG 1.5spg

Paul: 6'0 180lbs
Freshman: 14.8ppg 5.9apg 3.3rpg 50%FG 2.7spg
Sophomore: 15.3ppg 6.6apg 4.5rpg 45%FG 2.4spg

Paul was a little more rounded as a player, but the comparison can definitely be made. Physically they're extremely similar, though Flynn may be slightly more athletic.

I'm not saying Flynn will be on the level of Paul, but at worst he'll be a player similar to T.J. Ford (numbers wise).

Nice breakdown. There are other things to factor in (defense, assist-to-turnover ratio, three-point shooting, pace factor, etc.) but yeah it's a good indication that Flynn's going to be a competitive player in the NBA.