PDA

View Full Version : The NBA/ABC Schedulers are stupid

SC1211
03-22-2009, 06:03 PM
They replaced the San Antonio-Houston game with Detroit-Miami. This is a prime example of David Stern and the ESPN Sensationalist Machine making this a superstar game over bona fide basketball fundamentals. Apparantly showing off NBA poster boys like D-Wade is more important. While the nation watched two fading Eastern Conference first round-caliber teams, they missed an excellent battle for the No. 2 see in the West between two legitimate contenders. Nice job, NBA. You really nailed that one today.

goku
03-22-2009, 06:08 PM
this was a good game went down to the final seconds

MiamiHeat
03-22-2009, 06:09 PM
yeah it was a good game

many people think the Spurs are a boring team to watch
:shrug:

marlinsfan24
03-22-2009, 06:11 PM
If this was a boring game, then you'd have a legit reason to be mad, but this was quite a great game.

Kakaroach
03-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Good game but the Heat-Pistons game was pretty good as well. You couldn't have gone wrong either way.

todu82
03-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Yeah the Rockets/Spurs would have been a better choice as the game of the week but at least the Pistons/Heat game was good.

pippsux
03-22-2009, 06:37 PM
The NBA is trying too hard to force feed Wade, Kobe and Lebron on us. Let the players determine how we like them. I for one have gotten sick and tired of these 3, all deserving MVP winners, but it is a team game and there are some young players out there that nobody knows anything about. There are some teams that deserve more press and attention.

I hate the Jazz, but they deserve some face time. C'mon NBA be like the NFL, let the product do the talking.

Wilson
03-22-2009, 06:48 PM
yeah it was a good game

many people think the Spurs are a boring team to watch
:shrug:

I think the Spurs are great to watch. Tony Parker is pretty exciting (as is Manu when he's healthy), Tim Duncan is a great player, and their home crowd is pretty good. Nothing wrong with some defense...

By the way is it just me, or were you gone for ages?

The NBA is trying too hard to force feed Wade, Kobe and Lebron on us. Let the players determine how we like them. I for one have gotten sick and tired of these 3, all deserving MVP winners, but it is a team game and there are some young players out there that nobody knows anything about. There are some teams that deserve more press and attention.

I hate the Jazz, but they deserve some face time. C'mon NBA be like the NFL, let the product do the talking.

I remember getting really sick of how much I heard about LeBron a few years ago. Now I just ignore a lot of it, and just try to appreciate what these great players do on the court. No matter who you like more, Kobe, LeBron and Wade are all great players...

Beno7500
03-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Damn I totally agree with you.

what54!?
03-22-2009, 06:58 PM
It was a good game. Stop hating.

Second yeah stern likes to show the stars. A lot of people don't like watching the spurs. What can I say.

Nets fan 93
03-22-2009, 07:06 PM
What is the big deal...I dont care less what channel I watch the game on...woo hoo ABC...Big deal...If I get to watch the game ...I am happy

Giaps
03-22-2009, 07:15 PM
You are understandably sour about this because you are a Rocket fan, but I'd rather see Wade than the Rockets or Spurs any day.

superkegger
03-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Umm, it's march madness, and the ratings for any game would be down. So you put one of your biggest stars out there. It was the right call by the NBA. They're a business, they have to make money.

Lakermania33
03-22-2009, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=pippsux;8815563]The NBA is trying too hard to force feed Wade, Kobe and Lebron on us. Let the players determine how we like them. I for one have gotten sick and tired of these 3, all deserving MVP winners, but it is a team game and there are some young players out there that nobody knows anything about. There are some teams that deserve more press and attention.

I see what you are try'n to say but I wouldn't put Kobe in that conversation. I know you will look at my user name and say say of course you would say that but I am a cut and dry fan who calls it as I see regardless of the team. The NBA has taken the Lakers off NBA TV, something they would never do to LBJ and D-Wade. Secondly, the Spurs and Rockets should have been on regular TV. Let's look at this; a game that has an impact on the #2 seed in the West vs the NBA's attempt to highlight one of their 2 made superstars. In addition, Rip Hamilton, AI, and Rasheed all sat this game out. How else could you explain it. Yes both games were good games with bad officiating down the stretch but I would much rather see Spurs and Heat vice a game that has no bearing on a top seed.

what54!?
03-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Umm, it's march madness, and the ratings for any game would be down. So you put one of your biggest stars out there. It was the right call by the NBA. They're a business, they have to make money.
:laugh: at the link in your sig.

Thats messed up. :(

IversonIsKrazy
03-22-2009, 11:32 PM
i h8d the pistons-heat game. Just shows u how SUperstars rule the NBA. Who saw Rodney Stuckey's touch foul on D-Wade's finger-tip which they called, BUT, Rodney Stuckeys whole arm gets RAPED by D-Wade in final secs, and no foul, u gotta be kidding me.

IversonIsKrazy
03-22-2009, 11:33 PM
but it goes by what gets most viewers. I would rather watch spurs-rockets as well, but d-wade gets more viewers. U noe wuts weird though, Miami's stadium are always half empty, u think D-wade would sell tickets like AI.

prash
03-23-2009, 12:59 AM
I do'nt get why they didn't just put them both on as they usually do after football season is over.

Lakers4ItAll
03-23-2009, 01:06 AM
It's a business and the NBA is out to make $$ 1st. Wade/Iverson alone are going to draw more $ than the Spurs/Rockets anyday

Kyle N.
03-23-2009, 02:04 AM
The Kings didn't and don't have any nationally televised games this year. Not that anybody wants to watch them, but still.

LAKERS 24/7
03-23-2009, 02:39 AM
The Kings didn't and don't have any nationally televised games this year. Not that anybody wants to watch them, but still.

Nice sig man. way to be a fan. (not being sarcastic)

Seriously sometimes the NBA just makes me sick. As hardcore fans, we deserve to watch better games than they show. And it honestly could not matter to me that the NBA canceled the laker games on NBATV because I live in socal and we can't watch them here anyway. But I do feel bad for the fans who don't get to watch Kobe on a regular basis.

On a side note, I'm surprised that the rockets are playing so well. I never thought theyd overtake the spurs for the 2nd spot w/out mcrady. won 16/20 maybe they are better without him?

Venomous88
03-23-2009, 04:40 AM
Uhhh, the Spurs get national television every week it seems. Stern should've showed that match up between Wade and LeBron. Or the Heat and Bulls classic. But they usually show Suns, Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, or Cavs on Sundays. I thought today was a breathe of fresh air to watch the game on my tv in HD rather then a little stream on the internet. Stop crying, the Heat hardly got any national exposure this year.

JayW_1023
03-23-2009, 05:26 AM
I'm sick of seeing that godawful Wizards team too many times on National TV broadcasts.

EX-TREME
03-23-2009, 10:38 AM
I'm sick of seeing that godawful Wizards team too many times on National TV broadcasts.

me too

MiamiHeat
03-23-2009, 10:47 AM
I think the Spurs are great to watch. Tony Parker is pretty exciting (as is Manu when he's healthy), Tim Duncan is a great player, and their home crowd is pretty good. Nothing wrong with some defense...

By the way is it just me, or were you gone for ages?

Yeah same here I love watching Tony Parker, and Duncan
I was just mentioning since we had a poll asking who was most boring team to watch and many people voted Spurs.

Yeah I was gone for like a month
I'm back did you miss me? :cool:

king4day
03-23-2009, 10:58 AM
That was an incredible matchup.
I agree though that all they want right now is ratings. Be it Kobe, LBJ, or Wade.

Wilson
03-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Yeah I was gone for like a month
I'm back did you miss me? :cool:

I did initially, but then I moved on. So yeah, I think we should just be friends...

fairandbalanced
03-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Realistically speaking...........how many of you will tune in to watch Eva longoria? I mean whenever the Spurs are on TV, it seems we have to watch her gestures 3/4 of the time.

Lakers4ItAll
03-23-2009, 03:12 PM
I could give a **** about seeing her, i tune in so I can watch some.

Realistically speaking...........how many of you will tune in to watch Eva longoria? I mean whenever the Spurs are on TV, it seems we have to watch her gestures 3/4 of the time.

Hoopsadvocate
03-23-2009, 04:42 PM
LOL @ original post if you want fundamentals watch the WNBA.

And your crazy if you actually think the majority of viewers rather watch spurs v rockets than the D Wade show at Detroit which was a great game like everyone many said. Dont believe me make a poll.

IRUAM #21
03-23-2009, 04:55 PM
I did initially, but then I moved on. So yeah, I think we should just be friends...

Did you just break up with him ?

Kyle N.
03-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Nice sig man. way to be a fan. (not being sarcastic)

Seriously sometimes the NBA just makes me sick. As hardcore fans, we deserve to watch better games than they show. And it honestly could not matter to me that the NBA canceled the laker games on NBATV because I live in socal and we can't watch them here anyway. But I do feel bad for the fans who don't get to watch Kobe on a regular basis.

On a side note, I'm surprised that the rockets are playing so well. I never thought theyd overtake the spurs for the 2nd spot w/out mcrady. won 16/20 maybe they are better without him?

Ha ha, thanks man. I don't even really like McCants, or Obama for that matter but I thought it would be funny. Anyway I have a correction to make, the Kings were on NBA TV once against the Nuggets, so they were on at least once.

Wilson
03-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Did you just break up with him ?

Yep. Of all the people I've not known very well who I've had to break up with, this was the hardest...

tbron
03-23-2009, 11:27 PM
lol at this thread

bball1217
03-23-2009, 11:40 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't remember the Rockets ever being scheduled to play on ABC yesterday, and I follow their schedule pretty closely. Plus, the Heat-Pistons game was a great game with a lot of great plays, the Rockets game also was a great game, but it was more of a playoff-style battle with no flash to it, just battling it out the entire game, which was fun to watch for me.

So does it really matter which was on national t.v. when both were great games. Anyway I live in Houston, so I got to watch both games, so I'm not complaining.