PDA

View Full Version : Contracts & FA

TheDiggler
03-21-2009, 03:07 PM
I haven't found a Thread like this, so I opened one. Feel free to close it, if it's not wanted, but to me the talk on contracts of the roster is really interesting.

1. Does someone of you know a website, or has a good link about the Magic rosters contracts ? (if not, feel free to post many informations on contracts to all the Magic players and stuff like this)

2. Turkoglu. Starting five player who is becomning free Agent ? Your thoughts about it ? Absolutely keep him, or not ? Ideas, wishes for an other guy, something like that.

3. What's with the other players ? Anyone with running out contract the Magic schould keep or not ?

4. Do you think, there are becoming free Agents (of other teams) that might be interesting for Orlando ? Thoughts.

(please keep player wishes realistic)

Thanks for comments.

EX-TREME
03-21-2009, 04:56 PM
I haven't found a Thread like this, so I opened one. Feel free to close it, if it's not wanted, but to me the talk on contracts of the roster is really interesting.

1. Does someone of you know a website, or has a good link about the Magic rosters contracts ? (if not, feel free to post many informations on contracts to all the Magic players and stuff like this)

2. Turkoglu. Starting five player who is becomning free Agent ? Your thoughts about it ? Absolutely keep him, or not ? Ideas, wishes for an other guy, something like that.

3. What's with the other players ? Anyone with running out contract the Magic schould keep or not ?

4. Do you think, there are becoming free Agents (of other teams) that might be interesting for Orlando ? Thoughts.

(please keep player wishes realistic)

Thanks for comments.

1. this is the only thing i found : Orlando Magic Salaries (http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/orlando.htm)

2. i think we need to keep him. it going to be hard but i think he will stay here. he is a good playmaker at sf that can compliment jameer.

3. gortat should be otis main goal to sign this summer along with hedo. gortat has been a great backup for dwight.

4. i think we are fine but i think we should take a look at a player like joe smith

:)

Dray13
03-21-2009, 06:07 PM
^I agree 100% on re-signing Gortat. I don't have the exact stats..but I think he's 2nd or 3rd in rebounds per 40 minutes and Dwight number one.

Jeremy Richardson and Tyrone Lue are more than likely gone. I'd also like to see Turk and JJ signed to an extension. Both players deserve it.

NYCkid12
03-22-2009, 11:01 PM
what has jj reddick done to deserve an extension? let him go...hes terrible on D and all he theres plenty on cheaper options who can put up the same offensive numbers

Dray13
03-22-2009, 11:55 PM
I don't know if you watch any Magic games at all but..His defense has been very good when he's been in there. Against Utah he pretty much shut down Kyle Korver and he's been their closing SG for most of the season. If his defense is as horrible as you say it is he wouldn't be closing out tight games. The reason I'd like an extension..is because he's become a solid part of this team. He's shooting better, passing better and playing better D. You could move Pietrus to backup SF, behind Hedo (which is a role he has played this season) Start Courtney Lee at SG and JJ as his backup.

MagicBucsSox
03-23-2009, 12:33 AM
Turkgulo isn't a FA he has another yr on his deal he has an ETO. He wants 10per and Otis shouldve traded him at the dead line when he had the chance cause he gon walk

TheDiggler
03-23-2009, 06:16 AM
what has jj reddick done to deserve an extension? let him go...hes terrible on D and all he theres plenty on cheaper options who can put up the same offensive numbers

names ? please give concrete examples of players that (in your opinion) would be a better solution than JJ

TheDiggler
03-23-2009, 06:45 AM
First, thanks to 'EX-TREME' for the link !

So, the others don't see reasons for a change ?
You like Pietrus and Lee ? Do they score enough, play good enough D and are the right pieces ? Or do you think the Magic should go for a better/different SG player ?
JJ seems to be a talking point. But I kind of like the idea of 'DRAY13', even if I'm not sure if this is something for future.

If I get you right you want the Magic like this:
Howard - Gortat
Lewis -
Hedo - Pietrus
Lee - JJ
Nelson -

I like Skip, so what is with Alston ? Would he want to do the backup when Nelson returns ? We have Daddy Johnson, Lue, Richardson, Battie, too. I think some will leave, if not all of them.

@MagicBucsSox

You are sure, we're going to lose Hedo, because Otis won't pay him enough ? So he definitely will leave Orlando ? You have links for that or something like this ?

What if that happens ? What should the Magic do then ?

EX-TREME
03-23-2009, 10:22 AM

You like Pietrus and Lee ? Do they score enough, play good enough D and are the right pieces ? Or do you think the Magic should go for a better/different SG player ?
JJ seems to be a talking point. But I kind of like the idea of 'DRAY13', even if I'm not sure if this is something for future.

Howard - Gortat
Lewis -
Hedo - Pietrus
Lee - JJ
Nelson -

I like Skip, so what is with Alston ? Would he want to do the backup when Nelson returns ? We have Daddy Johnson, Lue, Richardson, Battie, too. I think some will leave, if not all of them.

@MagicBucsSox

You are sure, we're going to lose Hedo, because Otis won't pay him enough ? So he definitely will leave Orlando ? You have links for that or something like this ?

1. no problem man :)

2. i think we are set at the sg. lee is going to be starter and pietrus 6th man at sg and sometimes sf

3. i like DRAY13 idea too. jj spread the floor and have a pretty good basketball IQ when on the floor. he is a good defender also. svg has fall in love with him LOL

4. i think he have no choice than to be backup to nelson. i think he will be fine with it.

5. johnson wil stay another year as a third stringer pg, lue is a expiring as well richardson. battie have a another year left in his contract.

BTW i heard we might resign foyle

MagicBucsSox
03-23-2009, 01:12 PM

Howard - Gortat
Lewis -
Hedo - Pietrus
Lee - JJ
Nelson -

@MagicBucsSox

I read it in espnmag. Turk wanted a new deal but Otis didn't wanna pay him as he shouldn't. The kings are dying for Turk back and I'm sure that's where he lands. If/when he opts out this summer I say let him walk, actually sign a pf this. Summer like brandon bass or Charlie villanueva anyone to help dwight, put shard at sf and trade for a 20point perimeter scorer

TheDiggler
03-24-2009, 09:24 AM
I'll try to find it @ 'MagicBucsSox'

I'm not sure what to think of that, yet. I like Turk. He plays good ball and brings important numbers, but: we have 2 SF's with one of them being an All-Star, which is not Hidayet. It's a thing we should think about.

Playing Shard or Turk on PF is like, wasting big parts of their play.
Maybe we should try it, let Turk walk to a Team which is willing to pay him, if that is what he wants. With a true PF, one that can score and defend, we could be even more stronger. We have plenty of good shooters, but Dwight might need some help down there.

But by now and for the rest of the season:
Turk and Lewis in the starting five, who is your "favourite" PF of them both ? Who should play PF and SF ?
(right now I'm not really sure who SVG was starting more on PF, maybe someone can tell me that)

Like ther User 'MagicBucsSox' said: Can we improve by letting Turkoglu walk and sign a good PF (maybe villanueva who gets FA) ?

rapjuicer06
03-24-2009, 02:38 PM
first thing i would do if i were otis this offseason is talk to shard and restructure that ridiculous contract. i'd let hedo walk, when he's on his on, when he's off he can't score a damn thing. and he seems to be off a lot nowadays. bring in a pf, that should be the main focus this offseason.

MagicBucsSox
03-24-2009, 03:40 PM
first thing i would do if i were otis this offseason is talk to shard and restructure that ridiculous contract. i'd let hedo walk, when he's on his on, when he's off he can't score a damn thing. and he seems to be off a lot nowadays. bring in a pf, that should be the main focus this offseason.

took the words out my mouth

Brandon bass baby

EX-TREME
03-24-2009, 04:37 PM
took the words out my mouth

Brandon bass baby

i would love to get bass on our team

JNore151
03-24-2009, 07:57 PM
nah yo charlie V is perfect for our team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheDiggler
03-25-2009, 09:59 AM
I heard of Bass. Charlie Nueva is great guy. Looks evil ... and brings good ball.
Do you think Bass could be a starter, and a scoring and defending starter that could really improve the Magic ? Unfortunately I haven't seen him play, yet ... and his still young to the league, no ?

For this season, i often thought about bringing Gortat and Dwight on the floor together. Dwight PF Gore-Tat on C. What do you think of it ?

EX-TREME
03-25-2009, 12:49 PM
I heard of Bass. Charlie Nueva is great guy. Looks evil ... and brings good ball.
Do you think Bass could be a starter, and a scoring and defending starter that could really improve the Magic ? Unfortunately I haven't seen him play, yet ... and his still young to the league, no ?

For this season, i often thought about bringing Gortat and Dwight on the floor together. Dwight PF Gore-Tat on C. What do you think of it ?

bass could that tough pf that we need. he hustles and defend good. he is young and cheap.

stan have tried that a couple of times and it worked very great. now can we use gortat and dwight at the same time against teams like detriot or boston.

johnMcCain
03-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Hello i hate Obama!!
As a Magic fan i think it was a big mistake to even sign Miguel Pietrus he just plan sucks!! As many of u were talking JJ Redick has improved in every aspect of his game get rid of Pietrus please otis!

rapjuicer06
03-25-2009, 11:36 PM
i like pietrus, but i'm slowly starting to hate hedo

TheDiggler
03-26-2009, 08:58 AM

I like Piétrus too. Why, the slow hate on Hedo ?

rapjuicer06
03-26-2009, 02:22 PM
he's been shooting awful this whole year.....and i just wish we would of traded him away

JNore151
03-26-2009, 03:06 PM

i just wish he would stop taking those crazy shots...yo man i like hedo but he isnt worth having lewis play PF.......we should use the money we're gonna save frm not re-signing him and get charlie v or if we get really lucky throw all dat money at david lee or sign and trade deal with NY......eitherway if we get a true PF our lineup will have NO holes in it

C-Howard back up Gortat
PF-charlie v or david lee back up tony
sf-lewis back up MP
sg - lee back up reddick
pg-nelson back up rafer and aj

mixed in with our deep playoff run experience this yr.....yo man i smell a dynasty!!!!!!!!!!!!

am i reachin? or is this at all possible? we could use anthor big man someone like kenny thomas he would be cheap and he is a tough vet.....

rapjuicer06
03-26-2009, 03:46 PM
isnt charlie a restricted free agent though?

EX-TREME
03-26-2009, 04:24 PM
isnt charlie a restricted free agent though?

yup he is

TheDiggler
03-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Charlie V and Sessions will be Free Agents and the Bucks main-targets to resign ...

EX-TREME
03-27-2009, 12:05 PM
how about udonis haslem?

JNore151
03-27-2009, 01:13 PM
^^^^nah man.....imo hes not consistant, id rather have tony start....the bucks main person to resign is sessions (im assuming), they'll probly trade redd, so yea they probly keep charlie.....ive been watching some knicks games (my dad is a new yorker) i remeber last yr some magic fans (including me) wanted to trade for chris wilcox....im glad we didnt hes playing like hot garbage....i wouldnt mind getting nick collison tho, but what could we trade to get him?

EX-TREME
03-27-2009, 01:52 PM
nick collison would be nice to have.

BTW i heard paul milsap might be free agent this offseason

JNore151
03-27-2009, 02:58 PM
^^^ he is but boozer will most likley be traded in the offseason, so u gotta assume the jazz will lock up milsap....

MagicBucsSox
03-27-2009, 03:40 PM
boozer gon opt out. He already said he wants to be in Miami with his sick son and the wifey so he has to be thinking heat magic area so millsap I think will stay. Charlie would be good but I don't see him as help for dwight. I'd like a trade for ty Thomas. Or a guy who isn't a need to score but can hit an open mid j ala Horace grant

MagicBucsSox
03-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Charlie V and Sessions will be Free Agents and the Bucks main-targets to resign ...

the bucks coach hates Charlie LOL

EX-TREME
03-27-2009, 05:51 PM
the bucks coach hates Charlie LOL

yeah how about that :laugh2:

EX-TREME
03-27-2009, 05:52 PM
^^^ he is but boozer will most likley be traded in the offseason, so u gotta assume the jazz will lock up milsap....

hmm. here is a crazy thought. lets trade hedo and jj for boozer lol

MagicBucsSox
03-27-2009, 09:31 PM
TTL get boozer lewis would have to rework his deal. My ultimate wet dream is if Kobe were to opt out which I honestly think he will if they don't win it. Or in '10 in land wade who loved SVG or my main man durant

LeonFSU
03-28-2009, 12:23 AM
Just FYI guys, teams cannot restructure contracts in the NBA. Rashard's ridiculous contract is entirely guaranteed.

EX-TREME
03-28-2009, 01:45 PM
TTL get boozer lewis would have to rework his deal. My ultimate wet dream is if Kobe were to opt out which I honestly think he will if they don't win it. Or in '10 in land wade who loved SVG or my main man durant

i would love to get durant but i doubt we get him. otismight be concerned if this might affect the chemestry.

PennyMy#1
04-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Does anyone now, how much cap we could free, if we would let Turk (and Lue) walk, to spent it in PF free agent ? Would Villanueva be possible, or some other guy ?

EX-TREME
04-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Does anyone now, how much cap we could free, if we would let Turk (and Lue) walk, to spent it in PF free agent ? Would Villanueva be possible, or some other guy ?

i want turk to stay. his stats are down but he brings intangbles to the table. he is a 6 10 small forward who can shoot over smaller defenders drive and create shots for others.

villanueva is a free agent but bucks is going to sign him.

sNaKeS
04-05-2009, 07:30 PM
I guess i'll put my 2 cents in also. I agree with ex-treme in that villanueva will see a lot of $$$ from the bucks and a lot of other teams for that matter. I disagree in that we should resign turkoglu, Otis should have traded him at the end of last year when his value was high. I'd like to also bring up that while watching the 76ers beat the pistons, allen iverson and rasheed wallace will be FA this offseason. I'm saying a big HELL NO to iverson, but I wonder if otis would even consider bringing in rasheed with his history as a bad ***, he is everything this team needs.

atomik102
04-06-2009, 04:05 AM
charlie v thinks he is better then what he is, i wouldnt see smith trying to sign him

atomik102
04-06-2009, 04:10 AM
whats with everybody hating on turgs,this man has carried us to wins the past 2 seasons, we knew his numbers would be down and if he wants to walk for more money let him, but i dont see why everybody is hating on him

EX-TREME
04-06-2009, 04:40 AM
I guess i'll put my 2 cents in also. I agree with ex-treme in that villanueva will see a lot of $$$ from the bucks and a lot of other teams for that matter. I disagree in that we should resign turkoglu, Otis should have traded him at the end of last year when his value was high. I'd like to also bring up that while watching the 76ers beat the pistons, allen iverson and rasheed wallace will be FA this offseason. I'm saying a big HELL NO to iverson, but I wonder if otis would even consider bringing in rasheed with his history as a bad ***, he is everything this team needs.

i don't think that otis is intrested in rasheed wallace. he would demand alot of money and from what i know he might ruin chemestry. and why don't you want hedo? just because of his contract?

EX-TREME
04-06-2009, 04:50 AM
whats with everybody hating on turgs,this man has carried us to wins the past 2 seasons, we knew his numbers would be down and if he wants to walk for more money let him, but i dont see why everybody is hating on him

Reasons

1. he has taken a hit statwise
2. upcoming contract
3. we don't have a banger
4. former nelson hater might be turk haters :D

sNaKeS
04-06-2009, 12:47 PM
i don't think that otis is intrested in rasheed wallace. he would demand alot of money and from what i know he might ruin chemestry. and why don't you want hedo? just because of his contract?

That's what I figure you would say about sheed, but really he is what this team needs though, a banger down low who would dispel those double teams for dwight but he would be an idiot and possibly ruin team chemistry. I just thought i'd put it out there, thats all. And with turk it's a combination of his contract and I don't think he's that good. He will want a lot of money this offseason and I think he was a 1 year wonder last year.

atomik102
04-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Turgs isnt a banger who cares, he creates mis matchs with just about all the teams in the nba we are one of if not the biggest team, plus we can run with smaller teams, i love turgs, like i said before if he wants to leave for more money then let him he wont win a championship the only way i would hate him if he goes to the pistons lol

EX-TREME
04-07-2009, 05:05 AM
Turgs isnt a banger who cares, he creates mis matchs with just about all the teams in the nba we are one of if not the biggest team, plus we can run with smaller teams, i love turgs, like i said before if he wants to leave for more money then let him he wont win a championship the only way i would hate him if he goes to the pistons lol

agreed. i mean not many teams matchup with us because of shard and turk. we need to resign him and gortat. i think someone like battie will be gone and we make a move at a cheap pf or draft a pf.

PennyMy#1
04-10-2009, 12:58 PM
What do you think of signing a true PF and let Turk come of the bench ?

We don't really have a 15 or 20 ppg bench player. I think it would make us way more deep and harder to defend. Right now, if you have an opponent that totally shuts us down at the perimeter, we have Dwight scoring 30, 40, 50 points but I think at the end we would lose such a game ...

09 FA's on Pf are some names like
Leon Powe
Sheed Wallace
Drew Gooden
Carlos Boozer
Charlie V-Nueva

I wouldn't sign Boozer I think. But Sheed as Vet could help us. I like what Gooden can bring to a team or Charlie V. Leon Powe is something like a "sleeper" ...

EX-TREME
04-10-2009, 05:12 PM
What do you think of signing a true PF and let Turk come of the bench ?

We don't really have a 15 or 20 ppg bench player. I think it would make us way more deep and harder to defend. Right now, if you have an opponent that totally shuts us down at the perimeter, we have Dwight scoring 30, 40, 50 points but I think at the end we would lose such a game ...

09 FA's on Pf are some names like
Leon Powe
Sheed Wallace
Drew Gooden
Carlos Boozer
Charlie V-Nueva

I wouldn't sign Boozer I think. But Sheed as Vet could help us. I like what Gooden can bring to a team or Charlie V. Leon Powe is something like a "sleeper" ...

i like the idea because if we put turk to the bench we will get firepower of the bench and give us toughness with a pf in the lineup, the problem is that if stan will ever make turk a 6th man. our offense is built on inside out with dwight commanding double teams and 3 point shooters camping outside the three point line. if we put a pf with dwight in the lineup it will disrupt the offense and take away spacing from dwight so i think a pf should be suited off the bench. but if we have a pf in the line-up we add toughness, defends better and rebound the ball better

villanueva is not coming here. bucks will sign him. sheed is not coming here. he will command money and he is a player that is not good for the chemestry. but he is a banger in the post, can defend well and can shoot the 3 ball well. i doubt drew will come here. carlos is a pipedream. i like leon powe. he is tough, can defend, rebound the ball.

MagicBucsSox
04-10-2009, 05:58 PM
In order to retain Hedo Turkoglu and Marcin Gortat, while also avoiding the luxury tax will force Orlando to make some moves to reduce salary.

Orlando's 09-10 payroll is projected at $70 million and the NBA's tax threshold is expected to drop from $71 million to about $68 million, which would result in a mandatory payment of the tax.

"We'd have to pay the tax, yes," General Manager Otis Smith said. "But that's today."

Smith said he believes that he will be able to ensure that the Magic remain a contender while getting the club under the tax.

real gm

EX-TREME
04-10-2009, 06:20 PM
In order to retain Hedo Turkoglu and Marcin Gortat, while also avoiding the luxury tax will force Orlando to make some moves to reduce salary.

Orlando's 09-10 payroll is projected at $70 million and the NBA's tax threshold is expected to drop from $71 million to about $68 million, which would result in a mandatory payment of the tax.

"We'd have to pay the tax, yes," General Manager Otis Smith said. "But that's today."

Smith said he believes that he will be able to ensure that the Magic remain a contender while getting the club under the tax.

real gm

all i can say is good bye battie we will miss you

PennyMy#1
04-11-2009, 08:06 AM
So, as Lue and Richardson. If we buy in the draft ...

What do you think of the Birdman ? Him at PF and Dwight on C is something that defensivly could work pretty well, but sure, he's no 15 ppg guy.
Powe is realistic too, I think. Boozer is too expensive and I don't like him as I said. The others were just guys that I know that become FA. Bass as name that i would like. But I don't see him leaving Dallas ...

EX-TREME
04-11-2009, 08:41 AM
So, as Lue and Richardson. If we buy in the draft ...

What do you think of the Birdman ? Him at PF and Dwight on C is something that defensivly could work pretty well, but sure, he's no 15 ppg guy.
Powe is realistic too, I think. Boozer is too expensive and I don't like him as I said. The others were just guys that I know that become FA. Bass as name that i would like. But I don't see him leaving Dallas ...

maybe. but i think otis will look in to the draft instead. how about Craig Brackins

MagicBucsSox
04-11-2009, 10:48 PM
this for you ex-treme

http://******.com/src_wiretap_archives/58478/20090411/kings_interested_in_re_acquiring_hedo/

PennyMy#1
04-12-2009, 08:33 AM
I posted that list in an other thread, too. Here you can have a complete look at the Free Agency of 2009. With Lee being a steal of the Draft, I hope we can land another one this year, but have also been chosing Vazquez over Granger, so, who knows ?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-09-10

Atlanta
RESTRICTED
Thomas Gardner
Othello Hunter
Mario West
Josh Childress
Solomon Jones
Marvin Williams
UNRESTRICTED
Zaza Pachulia
Mike Bibby
Ronald Murray

Boston
RESTRICTED
Glen Davis
Leon Powe
UNRESTRICTED
Eddie House (P)
Mikki Moore

Charlotte
RESTRICTED
Raymond Felton
Sean May
Sean Singletary (T)
UNRESTRICTED
Juwan Howard

Chicago
RESTRICTED
Aaron Gray
UNRESTRICTED
Ben Gordon
Lindsey Hunter
Jerome James (P)

Cleveland
UNRESTRICTED
Zydrunas Ilgauskas (ETO)
Eric Snow
Wally Szczerbiak
Anderson Varejao (P)
Lorenzen Wright

Dallas
RESTRICTED
Ryan Hollins
UNRESTRICTED
Brandon Bass
Devean George (P)
Gerald Green
Jason Kidd
James Singleton

Denver
RESTRICTED
Linas Kleiza
Johan Petro
UNRESTRICTED
Chris Andersen
Anthony Carter
Steven Hunter (ETO)
Dahntay Jones

Detroit
RESTRICTED
Walter Herrmann
Will Bynum (T)
UNRESTRICTED
Kwame Brown (P)
Allen Iverson
Antonio McDyess
Rasheed Wallace

Golden State
RESTRICTED
Rob Kurz
C.J. Watson
UNRESTRICTED
Jamal Crawford (ETO)
Marcus Williams

Houston
RESTRICTED
Luther Head
UNRESTRICTED
Ron Artest
Brian Cook (P)
Dikembe Mutombo
Von Wafer

Indiana
RESTRICTED
Jarrett Jack
Josh McRoberts
UNRESTRICTED
Maceo Baston
Marquis Daniels (T)
Travis Diener (P)
Stephen Graham
Rasho Nesterovic

L.A. Clippers
RESTRICTED
Alex Acker (T)
Steve Novak
UNRESTRICTED
Ricky Davis (P)
Jason Hart
Fred Jones
Brian Skinner (P)

L.A. Lakers
RESTRICTED
Shannon Brown
UNRESTRICTED
Trevor Ariza
Kobe Bryant (ETO)
Lamar Odom

Memphis
RESTRICTED
Juan Carlos Navarro
Hakim Warrick
UNRESTRICTED
Chris Mihm
Quinton Ross
Adonal Foyle
Mike Wilks

Miami
RESTRICTED
Joel Anthony
Yakhouba Diawara (P)
Jamario Moon
Chris Quinn (P)
UNRESTRICTED
Mark Blount (ETO)
Jamaal Magloire
Jermaine O'Neal (P)

Milwaukee
RESTRICTED
Ersan Ilyasova
Ramon Sessions
Charlie Villanueva
UNRESTRICTED
Malik Allen (P)
Keith Bogans
Francisco Elson (P)
Damon Jones

Minnesota
RESTRICTED
Bobby Brown (P)
UNRESTRICTED
Rodney Carney
Jason Collins
Kevin Ollie
Shelden Williams

New Jersey
UNRESTRICTED
Maurice Ager
Trenton Hassell (ETO)
Jarvis Hayes (T)
Stromile Swift

New Orleans
UNRESTRICTED
Ryan Bowen
Devin Brown (P)
Melvin Ely
Sean Marks

New York
RESTRICTED
David Lee
Nate Robinson
UNRESTRICTED
Eddy Curry (ETO)
Al Harrington (P)
Quentin Richardson (ETO)
Chris Wilcox

Oklahoma City
UNRESTRICTED
Damien Wilkins (ETO)
Desmond Mason
Malik Rose
Joe Smith
Robert Swift

Orlando
RESTRICTED
Marcin Gortat
Jeremy Richardson
UNRESTRICTED
Anthony Johnson (P)
Tyronn Lue
Hedo Turkoglu (ETO)

Philadelphia
UNRESTRICTED
Royal Ivey (P)
Donyell Marshall
Andre Miller
Theo Ratliff
Kareem Rush

Phoenix
RESTRICTED
Louis Amundson (T)
UNRESTRICTED
Matt Barnes
Grant Hill

Portland
RESTRICTED
Channing Frye
UNRESTRICTED
Raef LaFrentz
Shavlik Randolph
Michael Ruffin

Sacramento
RESTRICTED
Ike Diogu
Rashad McCants
Will Solomon
UNRESTRICTED
Calvin Booth
Drew Gooden
Bobby Jackson
Cedric Simmons

San Antonio
UNRESTRICTED
Michael Finley (P)
Ime Udoka
Jacque Vaughn

Toronto
RESTRICTED
Carlos Delfino
Joey Graham
UNRESTRICTED
Shawn Marion
Anthony Parker
Jake Voskuhl

Utah
RESTRICTED
Paul Millsap
Kyrylo Fesenko (T)
UNRESTRICTED
Morris Almond
Carlos Boozer (P)
Jarron Collins
Brevin Knight
Kyle Korver (ETO)
Mehmet Okur (ETO)
Ronnie Price

Washington
UNRESTRICTED
Juan Dixon
Mike James (P)
Etan Thomas (ETO)

Key: ETO = Early Termination Option; P = Player Option; T = Team Option[/QUOTE]

PennyMy#1
04-12-2009, 08:38 AM
I don't know Brackins. I think maybe we should look for a role player in the draft. Someone on the SF (?) that can shoot 3's of course. Because I see us desperatly in need of a true PF I would prefer to get one in FA because, then you'll know what you'll get. I would rather take a complete 2,3,4 year NBA PF that has already proven his abilities in the League for some time then spend a pick on a guy that you may not now what he's going to be like. We don't need a PF with mins. like Jeremy Richardson. We need a PF that we can let play about good 20-25 mins a game, I think.

EDIT: My dream move would be acquiring Marvin Williams, but that's really, really unrealistic ... what do you guys think of Hakim Warrick ?

EX-TREME
04-12-2009, 11:24 AM
this for you ex-treme

http://******.com/src_wiretap_archives/58478/20090411/kings_interested_in_re_acquiring_hedo/

link doesn't work

I posted that list in an other thread, too. Here you can have a complete look at the Free Agency of 2009. With Lee being a steal of the Draft, I hope we can land another one this year, but have also been chosing Vazquez over Granger, so, who knows ?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-09-10

Atlanta
RESTRICTED
Thomas Gardner
Othello Hunter
Mario West
Josh Childress
Solomon Jones
Marvin Williams
UNRESTRICTED
Zaza Pachulia
Mike Bibby
Ronald Murray

Boston
RESTRICTED
Glen Davis
Leon Powe
UNRESTRICTED
Eddie House (P)
Mikki Moore

Charlotte
RESTRICTED
Raymond Felton
Sean May
Sean Singletary (T)
UNRESTRICTED
Juwan Howard

Chicago
RESTRICTED
Aaron Gray
UNRESTRICTED
Ben Gordon
Lindsey Hunter
Jerome James (P)

Cleveland
UNRESTRICTED
Zydrunas Ilgauskas (ETO)
Eric Snow
Wally Szczerbiak
Anderson Varejao (P)
Lorenzen Wright

Dallas
RESTRICTED
Ryan Hollins
UNRESTRICTED
Brandon Bass
Devean George (P)
Gerald Green
Jason Kidd
James Singleton

Denver
RESTRICTED
Linas Kleiza
Johan Petro
UNRESTRICTED
Chris Andersen
Anthony Carter
Steven Hunter (ETO)
Dahntay Jones

Detroit
RESTRICTED
Walter Herrmann
Will Bynum (T)
UNRESTRICTED
Kwame Brown (P)
Allen Iverson
Antonio McDyess
Rasheed Wallace

Golden State
RESTRICTED
Rob Kurz
C.J. Watson
UNRESTRICTED
Jamal Crawford (ETO)
Marcus Williams

Houston
RESTRICTED
Luther Head
UNRESTRICTED
Ron Artest
Brian Cook (P)
Dikembe Mutombo
Von Wafer

Indiana
RESTRICTED
Jarrett Jack
Josh McRoberts
UNRESTRICTED
Maceo Baston
Marquis Daniels (T)
Travis Diener (P)
Stephen Graham
Rasho Nesterovic

L.A. Clippers
RESTRICTED
Alex Acker (T)
Steve Novak
UNRESTRICTED
Ricky Davis (P)
Jason Hart
Fred Jones
Brian Skinner (P)

L.A. Lakers
RESTRICTED
Shannon Brown
UNRESTRICTED
Trevor Ariza
Kobe Bryant (ETO)
Lamar Odom

Memphis
RESTRICTED
Juan Carlos Navarro
Hakim Warrick
UNRESTRICTED
Chris Mihm
Quinton Ross
Adonal Foyle
Mike Wilks

Miami
RESTRICTED
Joel Anthony
Yakhouba Diawara (P)
Jamario Moon
Chris Quinn (P)
UNRESTRICTED
Mark Blount (ETO)
Jamaal Magloire
Jermaine O'Neal (P)

Milwaukee
RESTRICTED
Ersan Ilyasova
Ramon Sessions
Charlie Villanueva
UNRESTRICTED
Malik Allen (P)
Keith Bogans
Francisco Elson (P)
Damon Jones

Minnesota
RESTRICTED
Bobby Brown (P)
UNRESTRICTED
Rodney Carney
Jason Collins
Kevin Ollie
Shelden Williams

New Jersey
UNRESTRICTED
Maurice Ager
Trenton Hassell (ETO)
Jarvis Hayes (T)
Stromile Swift

New Orleans
UNRESTRICTED
Ryan Bowen
Devin Brown (P)
Melvin Ely
Sean Marks

New York
RESTRICTED
David Lee
Nate Robinson
UNRESTRICTED
Eddy Curry (ETO)
Al Harrington (P)
Quentin Richardson (ETO)
Chris Wilcox

Oklahoma City
UNRESTRICTED
Damien Wilkins (ETO)
Desmond Mason
Malik Rose
Joe Smith
Robert Swift

Orlando
RESTRICTED
Marcin Gortat
Jeremy Richardson
UNRESTRICTED
Anthony Johnson (P)
Tyronn Lue
Hedo Turkoglu (ETO)

Philadelphia
UNRESTRICTED
Royal Ivey (P)
Donyell Marshall
Andre Miller
Theo Ratliff
Kareem Rush

Phoenix
RESTRICTED
Louis Amundson (T)
UNRESTRICTED
Matt Barnes
Grant Hill

Portland
RESTRICTED
Channing Frye
UNRESTRICTED
Raef LaFrentz
Shavlik Randolph
Michael Ruffin

Sacramento
RESTRICTED
Ike Diogu
Rashad McCants
Will Solomon
UNRESTRICTED
Calvin Booth
Drew Gooden
Bobby Jackson
Cedric Simmons

San Antonio
UNRESTRICTED
Michael Finley (P)
Ime Udoka
Jacque Vaughn

Toronto
RESTRICTED
Carlos Delfino
Joey Graham
UNRESTRICTED
Shawn Marion
Anthony Parker
Jake Voskuhl

Utah
RESTRICTED
Paul Millsap
Kyrylo Fesenko (T)
UNRESTRICTED
Morris Almond
Carlos Boozer (P)
Jarron Collins
Brevin Knight
Kyle Korver (ETO)
Mehmet Okur (ETO)
Ronnie Price

Washington
UNRESTRICTED
Juan Dixon
Mike James (P)
Etan Thomas (ETO)

Key: ETO = Early Termination Option; P = Player Option; T = Team Option[/QUOTE]

nice list

I don't know Brackins. I think maybe we should look for a role player in the draft. Someone on the SF (?) that can shoot 3's of course. Because I see us desperatly in need of a true PF I would prefer to get one in FA because, then you'll know what you'll get. I would rather take a complete 2,3,4 year NBA PF that has already proven his abilities in the League for some time then spend a pick on a guy that you may not now what he's going to be like. We don't need a PF with mins. like Jeremy Richardson. We need a PF that we can let play about good 20-25 mins a game, I think.

EDIT: My dream move would be acquiring Marvin Williams, but that's really, really unrealistic ... what do you guys think of Hakim Warrick ?

maybe you are right. and i never seen hakim warrick. and from what i can see from his rbd average his not a very good rebounder

MagicBucsSox
04-12-2009, 11:58 AM
i like brandon bass and al harrington

MagicBucsSox
04-12-2009, 12:00 PM
treme this was the link

The Kings are reportedly interested in bringing forward Hedo Turkoglu back to Sacramento this offseason.

Orlando will need to make some moves in order to re-sign Turkoglu, because their current payroll puts them over the luxury tax threshold.

Sacramento, before even approaching Turkoglu, will have to decide whether or not they want to spend the money needed to sign a player of Hedo's caliber.

Via ESPN

Sacramento Kings
real gm

PennyMy#1
04-12-2009, 12:29 PM
@EX-Treme
Yes, I saw his REB stats. Was a surprise for me, but I would like him. I think he could improve his REB skills in Orlando and become a solid guy ... he still has his ups and downs I think which he has to eliminate. Young player ...

@MagicBucsSox
I would like Bass, too. But, I think Mavs will re-sign him. He does his job pretty well there. And what I have heard of Harrington is, that: He wants to stay in NY, but I'm really not sure if NY wants to keep him :laugh: He can do 3's that's good, but I'm not sure about his support in the paint ...

Do you think Hedo will go after the Kings money ?

To bring in someone totally different, what do you think of McDyess. He brings in nearly 10 and 10. He's a vet, ok. But we could sign him cheap, which could be good if we want to keep Hedo. The second guy that I think is interesting is Von Wafer. He brings in much energy, but plays a position we're not in need, yet ... Do you think Piétrus will stay with us ? And the third guy I always liked is Desmond Mason. Would be a solid bench player, but with very good defensive abilities. Was injured this season, but coming off the bench he could be nice option to guard so difficult guys. What do you think ?

EX-TREME
04-12-2009, 02:53 PM
@EX-Treme
Yes, I saw his REB stats. Was a surprise for me, but I would like him. I think he could improve his REB skills in Orlando and become a solid guy ... he still has his ups and downs I think which he has to eliminate. Young player ...

@MagicBucsSox
I would like Bass, too. But, I think Mavs will re-sign him. He does his job pretty well there. And what I have heard of Harrington is, that: He wants to stay in NY, but I'm really not sure if NY wants to keep him :laugh: He can do 3's that's good, but I'm not sure about his support in the paint ...

Do you think Hedo will go after the Kings money ?

To bring in someone totally different, what do you think of McDyess. He brings in nearly 10 and 10. He's a vet, ok. But we could sign him cheap, which could be good if we want to keep Hedo. The second guy that I think is interesting is Von Wafer. He brings in much energy, but plays a position we're not in need, yet ... Do you think Piétrus will stay with us ? And the third guy I always liked is Desmond Mason. Would be a solid bench player, but with very good defensive abilities. Was injured this season, but coming off the bench he could be nice option to guard so difficult guys. What do you think ?

mcDyess would be nice since he is a nightmare for us when we face the pistons. he could be a hustle guy off the bench. as for wafer i think he will stay in houston. and we are set at sg position. pietrus will stay with us. i heard luis scola is a free agent.

MagicBucsSox
04-12-2009, 03:16 PM
naw if and hopefully when turk walks,i think we can wheel boozer and his sweet j in. he wants to be in miami with his fam but they're locked up inside. so i think we're 2nd best and the op to play with d12 and a contender can book him
pipedream still

PennyMy#1
04-13-2009, 08:55 AM
mcDyess would be nice since he is a nightmare for us when we face the pistons. he could be a hustle guy off the bench. as for wafer i think he will stay in houston. and we are set at sg position. pietrus will stay with us. i heard luis scola is a free agent.

I thought about Wafer only, if Pietrus would leave. It's nice to hear that he's going to stay. I thought exactly the same way about McDyess ... and Scola, I really like him ! Could be a good fit, but I'm not sure about his shooting ... ? He's never beyond the arc is he ? But, doesn't matter that much, would be a good guy to play a little different when he's in. Could make us more variable and help Dwight in the paint.

PennyMy#1
04-13-2009, 08:58 AM
naw if and hopefully when turk walks,i think we can wheel boozer and his sweet j in. he wants to be in miami with his fam but they're locked up inside. so i think we're 2nd best and the op to play with d12 and a contender can book him
pipedream still

I don't know. I'm not that "Fan" of Boozer. I would like Marvin Williams way more, when we talk about pipe dreams :)

Sure, Boozer is a better PF than Turk, but, why do you want him to leave ? I would rather see Turk coming of bench ... You don't like him ?:confused:

EDIT: A bench including Alston, Turkoglu, Gortat and Piétrus sounds OK to me :laugh:

EX-TREME
04-13-2009, 09:26 AM
I thought about Wafer only, if Pietrus would leave. It's nice to hear that he's going to stay. I thought exactly the same way about McDyess ... and Scola, I really like him ! Could be a good fit, but I'm not sure about his shooting ... ? He's never beyond the arc is he ? But, doesn't matter that much, would be a good guy to play a little different when he's in. Could make us more variable and help Dwight in the paint.

well scola is a free agent but i think rockets will sign him too. just a thought. but yeah he would be nice to have to help our our frontcourt.

PennyMy#1
04-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Who do you guys think will quit ?

Battie ? Lue ? Richardson ? Foyle ? Those are likely I think .... if they do, we need get some new guys in. Thoughts ?

Gortat could too, but I see him re-sign ...

MagicBucsSox
04-13-2009, 05:47 PM
I don't know. I'm not that "Fan" of Boozer. I would like Marvin Williams way more, when we talk about pipe dreams :)

Sure, Boozer is a better PF than Turk, but, why do you want him to leave ? I would rather see Turk coming of bench ... You don't like him ?:confused:

EDIT: A bench including Alston, Turkoglu, Gortat and Piétrus sounds OK to me :laugh:

no diss bro but your effin crazy to pefer marvin williams over booz. havent we he enough of sf's? how about getting our big man so help in the paint? every big man in history has had a decent pf next to him except ours.
williams is a bum and tickles me everytime i think of the ballers drafted after him. pietrus and williams are just as good. i like turk i have since Sac but im tired of all the shooters and hope we dont pay him his demand. dude if we got boozer mark my words if he stays healthy we will win the chip hands down , no, HANDS DOWN

PennyMy#1
04-14-2009, 09:52 AM
I like the "hands down" no "HANDS DOWN" ... :laugh: Good one !

Didn't sound like a diss to me. I'm here to discuss and it's no problem to me, if somebody can tell me, and/or prove me, that my opinion might be wrong or not as good as I thought ...

I think I prefered Marvin Williams over Boozer only because I just like him more. You know sometimes there are just players you don't hate, or that don't even play bad ... but you just don't like them somehow. You have no "connection" to them. I never had that "I-want-that-guy-on-my-team"-Feeling with Boozer. Don't know how to explain ... but it's not bashing against him or something like that.

But, I do agree and feel the same when we talk about a decent big man next to Dwight. I just never really, seriously thought about Boozer, yet. And like I said, I don't see Marvin W. going anywhere ... and as you said, Boozer to Orlando ist pipe dream, isn't it ? I heard Chicago may overpay him, while we, even if Turk leaves won't have that much money ?

I think the playoffs will show us where to go. If we get big problems with our shooters, we must make a change. We even have serious problems ever playing the Pistons so, we need a guy. The question is just, if we should give up one (Turk) to get a good one, or if we should just add a role-player-like-PF and keep the shooters and Turk. I'm not sure.

It depends on who we could get ? Let's say, Turk walks. To SAC or wherever. Boozer goes to the Bulls (?). Who could we get then ?

BucinOrlando
04-14-2009, 04:22 PM
I don't see Turk as a guy I would like to leave even if he is asking for more money. Think about how many games he's won for us in the fourth quarter this season. He went cold over the past five games, or so, but isn't that why we brought in guys like Lewis? Isn't he supposed to step up and win games in the clutch too?
D12 is a beast, our guards are solid, even without Nelson, after the Alston signing. We have a good nucleus that has won a lot of games and fought for one of the top spots in the East all year, no matter who was injured or off. We just need other guys to recognize when it's their turn to step up...if D12 is in foul trouble or Hedu is not shooting well. I'd like to see another nasty big next to Dwight, but all in all, we have a really good team that could advance far into the playoffs.
The current rest for our starters might be just what they need for this post season and another big could push us over the top for next, as D12 continues to develop.

EX-TREME
04-14-2009, 04:41 PM
I don't see Turk as a guy I would like to leave even if he is asking for more money. Think about how many games he's won for us in the fourth quarter this season. He went cold over the past five games, or so, but isn't that why we brought in guys like Lewis? Isn't he supposed to step up and win games in the clutch too?
D12 is a beast, our guards are solid, even without Nelson, after the Alston signing. We have a good nucleus that has won a lot of games and fought for one of the top spots in the East all year, no matter who was injured or off. We just need other guys to recognize when it's their turn to step up...if D12 is in foul trouble or Hedu is not shooting well. I'd like to see another nasty big next to Dwight, but all in all, we have a really good team that could advance far into the playoffs.
The current rest for our starters might be just what they need for this post season and another big could push us over the top for next, as D12 continues to develop.

i don't want him to leave orlando either. he is so valueble for us even tho his scoring is down he has a important role for this team and if he leaves then i think it could effect chemestry big time.all the players compliment each other as well. we have other guys to pick up the scoring slack like lewis d-12 and nelson. all we need now is a big to help dwight.

MagicBucsSox
04-14-2009, 11:42 PM
I like the "hands down" no "HANDS DOWN" ... :laugh: Good one !

Didn't sound like a diss to me. I'm here to discuss and it's no problem to me, if somebody can tell me, and/or prove me, that my opinion might be wrong or not as good as I thought ...

I think I prefered Marvin Williams over Boozer only because I just like him more. You know sometimes there are just players you don't hate, or that don't even play bad ... but you just don't like them somehow. You have no "connection" to them. I never had that "I-want-that-guy-on-my-team"-Feeling with Boozer. Don't know how to explain ... but it's not bashing against him or something like that.

But, I do agree and feel the same when we talk about a decent big man next to Dwight. I just never really, seriously thought about Boozer, yet. And like I said, I don't see Marvin W. going anywhere ... and as you said, Boozer to Orlando ist pipe dream, isn't it ? I heard Chicago may overpay him, while we, even if Turk leaves won't have that much money ?

I think the playoffs will show us where to go. If we get big problems with our shooters, we must make a change. We even have serious problems ever playing the Pistons so, we need a guy. The question is just, if we should give up one (Turk) to get a good one, or if we should just add a role-player-like-PF and keep the shooters and Turk. I'm not sure.

It depends on who we could get ? Let's say, Turk walks. To SAC or wherever. Boozer goes to the Bulls (?). Who could we get then ?

bass, millsap,trade. david lee in a sign n trade. odom. charlie v, artest hmmmm? harrington. frye, j o'neal,okur, gooden, wilcox. we may never get another stud on this team for long as shard is still here

MagicBucsSox
04-14-2009, 11:43 PM
i perfer millsap or bass

PennyMy#1
04-15-2009, 08:53 AM
David Lee and Harrington want to stay in NY. Lee maybe does, Harrington Idk and I don't think so. Odom, don't think he's a very good fit on and off-court for our team. Bucks absolutely want to keep their FA's Nueva (and Sessions). J-O'neal is always that injured guy to me. So no, thanks. Gooden might re-sign with the Spurs if he wants to be on a competitive team, but I rather see him signing where the money is and that might or won't be Orlando. Idk much about Frye. Maybe he could be a thought for us. Just like Wilcox. I'm really not sure about those guys, but I think Utah doesn't want to give up that many players. Okur, Millsap and Boozer ? I sooner see them giving up Boozer and keep Okur and Millsap.
Who do I forgot ? Uhm, Artest ! Just some crazy guy ... :laugh:

So I agree with you, Millsap or Bass would be really good fitting and young guys for us. I prefer Millsap over Bass but, I rather see Bass leaving Dallas then Millsap leaving Utah. I would really like Drew Gooden too, but I'm somehow sure he will keep following teams that will pay him big money, instead of signing for less with team he could win something.

MagicBucsSox
04-15-2009, 10:55 AM
millsap is restricted so thats gon cost and utah can just match it. so maybe a sign n trade.
same with lee, ill believe he wants to stay when he resigns