PDA

View Full Version : New Celtics Aura

ds637
03-21-2009, 01:06 AM
Do you guys get the same feeling I do now about the Celtics?
They may not be more talented than other NBA teams, and they may not have a better record then other teams.
Its just the feeling I get watching them. They can be without KG or Allen and still you just feel like they are the better team. They can be down by 20 and I still feel like the game is in hand.
I am a Bulls fan and this is what I saw when Jordan was around. The confidence of a championship caliber team, even when some of the top players are out, is amazing. Im sorry I am not the greatest writer and cant word it that great but there are more talented teams out there and all that other crap but even a depleted celts team can make them look bad because they feel like winners right now

cmoneytakemoney
03-21-2009, 01:25 AM
We're starting to get healthy now and it showed tonight. KG only played 14 minutes in his first game back and we still went into Texas and beat the Spurs. Once we get Tony Allen, Powe, and Scal back we're going to be a very tough out.

LAKERS 24/7
03-21-2009, 01:26 AM
It's because they have a great defensive system, which all the players understand. They can just plug players into the system and although they may not be as effective, they do a better job than most other teams.

ds637
03-21-2009, 01:27 AM
Do you guys get the same feeling I do now about the Celtics?
They may not be more talented than other NBA teams, and they may not have a better record then other teams.
Its just the feeling I get watching them. They can be without KG or Allen and still you just feel like they are the better team. They can be down by 20 and I still feel like the game is in hand.
I am a Bulls fan and this is what I saw when Jordan was around. The confidence of a championship caliber team, even when some of the top players are out, is amazing. Im sorry I am not the greatest writer and cant word it that great but there are more talented teams out there and all that other crap but even a depleted celts team can make other good team look bad because they feel like winners right now
I dont even think they are goig to win the title this year, its just the team as a whole conveys a level of confidence that i haven't seen in awhile.

ds637
03-21-2009, 01:29 AM
It's because they have a great defensive system, which all the players understand. They can just plug players into the system and although they may not be as effective, they do a better job than most other teams.

That might be it. Championship caliber teams just play defense to a level where they make teams look bad

KeithLBC
03-21-2009, 01:43 AM
I think they've got good chemistry and feel that they could win every game, just like any other championship contending team. I don't think anything's really changed for them since the current team was assembled last year :shrug:

KeithLBC
03-21-2009, 01:50 AM
Yeah so why are you going to say umm Fail? That makes absolutely no sense to me. Fail? WTF?

Maybe it's just his way of hating on the Celtics because he doesn't like them. Still, no reason to insult the guy :cool:

I hate the Celtics, but respect them because they're a good team.

ds637
03-21-2009, 01:54 AM
I am a bulls fan.
All I am saying is i havent seen a team since the bulls that is like the celtics. Despite whether they win another title or not, they always give the feeling as if they are a title team and contend like it.

Frrrrank!!!
03-21-2009, 02:01 AM
Wow this thread is pretty cool. Bulls fan being pumped about the C's!:worthy:

ds637
03-21-2009, 02:27 AM
Wow this thread is pretty cool. Bulls fan being pumped about the C's!:worthy:

Heh. Im not pumped about them. They just have the feel of a champion. They lose their top players and people who would be scrubs on other teams fill in and they win. It is nice to see a team like this again who plays defense and just flat out are winners

bostncelts34
03-21-2009, 08:22 AM
well, we werent too good without garnett this time. 5-5 i beleive?

I dont know why you say the celtics might not be as talented as other teams? lol Just as talented as the lakers,cavs and so on. Just had a small rough stretch without KG. I mean, during these last 10 gamesthey didnt have.. lost Rondo,allen,powe,davis,scal,allen,KG for some portion of that rough stretch. Not easy to do. Still the team to beat noo matter what their record says though. celtics=defending champs.

Kakaroach
03-21-2009, 09:40 AM
They are a very talented team, thats why they have the feel of champions. KG, Pierce, Starbury and Allen were all guys that averaged like 22+ PPG on their old teams. Throw in Rondo who will be a lesser version of Jason Kidd and good frontcourt depth. That spells championship to me.

BTownTeamsRKing
03-21-2009, 09:46 AM
they got alotta swagger. thats for sure. The same reason that their enemies hate them, is the same reason that gives them the strength to pull through the tough stretches.

im feelen very confident about this team. Rondo and now even PERKINS is playing at a new level.

btw i have to throw this in because i dont think anyone outside of Boston and SA saw it, But believe it or not, the so-called cancer, Stephon Marbury, TOOK A CHARGE IN THE PAINT AGAINST TIM DUNCAN! i couldnt believe it when i saw it. Send the tape to isiah!!!!

BTownTeamsRKing
03-21-2009, 09:48 AM
well, we werent too good without garnett this time. 5-5 i beleive?

I dont know why you say the celtics might not be as talented as other teams? lol Just as talented as the lakers,cavs and so on. Just had a small rough stretch without KG. I mean, during these last 10 gamesthey didnt have.. lost Rondo,allen,powe,davis,scal,allen,KG for some portion of that rough stretch. Not easy to do. Still the team to beat noo matter what their record says though. celtics=defending champs.

my man, u can say it all u want, but ima let Pierce,Ray, KG and co prove it.

69centers
03-21-2009, 10:15 AM
The scary things is that after missing like 13 games, KG didn't look rusty other than his first two shots. He looked at lot rustier last year, after missing 9 games with the back strain. He scored 5 straight hoops in the 3rd, and it probably took him 4 games to get back to that rhythm last year. That's a really good sign.

The team also looked like they benefited immensely by his on court and bench presence. It really shows how much of a team leader he his. Pierce may be the team veteran and captain, but KG is the driving force. I really do think they're going to win it all this year. The Cavs just don't have the bench depth.

KINGofKINGS28
03-21-2009, 10:42 AM
We gonna repeat.... Then next year 3peat

op12
03-21-2009, 10:50 AM
if they can get past the cavs i think they will repeat. i dont think the lakers have enough of an inside presence, just like last year and i think we can take the spurs in a series. i look for the cavs/celtics series winner to take it this year.

Frrrrank!!!
03-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Heh. Im not pumped about them. They just have the feel of a champion. They lose their top players and people who would be scrubs on other teams fill in and they win. It is nice to see a team like this again who plays defense and just flat out are winners

Just nice to see another teams fan admit they are overly impressed.:)

Wilson
03-21-2009, 11:10 AM
The scary things is that after missing like 13 games, KG didn't look rusty other than his first two shots. He looked at lot rustier last year, after missing 9 games with the back strain. He scored 5 straight hoops in the 3rd, and it probably took him 4 games to get back to that rhythm last year. That's a really good sign.

The team also looked like they benefited immensely by his on court and bench presence. It really shows how much of a team leader he his. Pierce may be the team veteran and captain, but KG is the driving force. I really do think they're going to win it all this year. The Cavs just don't have the bench depth.

I was reading about the game and Garnett was saying he felt pretty good. He said he missed a few assignments, but that he's feeling pretty good about where he's at right now. He also mentioned how important it was to be back on the bench, so you're right about that as well...

It's definately possible for you guys to repeat this year, but I wouldn't get so confident about next year yet. You never know who's going to get better, and what teams are going to make the changes necessary to match up with the Celtics...

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Well with KG back they get back a key player in their defensive scheme. Their definitely tough no doubt about it.

Nets fan 93
03-21-2009, 12:30 PM
The Key to this team is Paul Pierce. They have updated the bench a bit and already had Allen and House...I remember when the Nets vs'd them I thought it was gonna be a win the Nets were up 3 with only about 25 seconds ledt and PP lifted the team to I think an 8 point win. He is the key.

wwwhat
03-21-2009, 01:37 PM

He probably didn't look rusty because it was a knee or ankle injury (I forgot). But back problems are far worse for a basketball player. It makes you so stiff and you can't contort or twist the way you normally can, making doing simple tasks hard, at least with an ankle sprain you can still play at a relatively high level but with a back problem it's much harder, it's why so many players sit out with back spasms and why Danilo Gallinari will need surgery on his back sooner or later so he can play at a high level.

BTownTeamsRKing
03-21-2009, 06:01 PM
The Key to this team is Paul Pierce. They have updated the bench a bit and already had Allen and House...I remember when the Nets vs'd them I thought it was gonna be a win the Nets were up 3 with only about 25 seconds ledt and PP lifted the team to I think an 8 point win. He is the key.

Pierce converted another one!

Wilson
03-21-2009, 06:39 PM
The only thing I hate more then stupid threads is stupid threads made by stupid Celtic's fans. Why don't you post this thread under the Celtic's page.

...this thread was started by a Bulls fan...

DoubleDragon
03-21-2009, 07:20 PM

Celts got some great swagger, no doubt. Comes with being the champ. However, IMO, it's going to take a lot more than swagger to beat a healthy Cavs with homecourt advantage. As much as we'd (Lakers) would LOVE the rematch with a hopefully healthy Bynum back by then (hopefully) against the Celts. They probably won't be there (unfortunately), unless Posey miraculously shows up in green.
Lakers and Cavs this year. I wish it would be the Celts though.
sorry Boston. No repeat.

bostncelts34
03-21-2009, 09:57 PM
celtics suck.

yea..defending champs definitly suck.:rolleyes::clap::smoking:

BTownTeamsRKing
03-21-2009, 11:04 PM

...this thread was started by a Bulls fan...

the only i think i hate more than stupid threads is stupid people complaining about them. j/p dont delete this

im not gonna try to convince anyone that the Celtics are going to repeat, but ihave to say, the Celtics are by far the deepest team.

durtee
03-21-2009, 11:17 PM

This is correct. The Pistons were the same way. They are well balanced and the commitment to defense keeps them in ball games regardless of who is on the floor.

Giantwarrior
03-21-2009, 11:28 PM
just wait, 2-3 years from now. the big three will be gone or will be washed up.

marvILLous
03-22-2009, 12:04 PM
^too bad that's completely irrelevant to what this thread is about.

BTownTeamsRKing
03-22-2009, 12:27 PM
just wait, 2-3 years from now. the big three will be gone or will be washed up.

and cleveland will be lebronless. so your point being...