PDA

View Full Version : March 20, 2009

mrblisterdundee
03-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Dallas Mavericks vs. Indiana Pacers:

Indiana will win. Dirk Nowitzki has an affinity for choking against inferior teams. Gerald Green's past dunk title won't help him guard Danny Granger. T.J. Ford will hobble Jason Kidd. Troy Murphy will even outplay Eric Dampier.

Charlotte Bobcats vs. Toronto Raptors:

Charlotte will win. Toronto is softer than a goose down pillow. Emeka Okafor is going to have a gaunt Italian kid to push around. Chris Bosh will once again barely fail to be tough enough. Gerald Wallace and Shawn Marion should be an even, entertaining match-up. Raja Bell should have an easy night with only Terry to deal with. The combo of Felton and Augustin should keep the Spaniard on his heals.

Sacremento Kings vs. New York Knicks:

New York City will win. Sadly, David Lee will be the most dominant post player in the game. Spencer Hawes will be somewhere too. Kevin Martin will score a lot in a futile effort. Nobody will notice Al Harrington as he drops between 20 and 30. Finally, I predict that Nate Robinson will jump over somebody.

Miami Heat vs. New Jersey Nets:

New Jersey will win. Dwayne Wade will go through the motions of trying to carry a team. Jermaine O'neal will stand near the rim, talking about how good he used to be in Indiana, Brook Lopez probably won't gain much street credit in the Rookie of the Year race for taking on a non-factor. Devin Harris will do whatever he damn well pleases. Vince Carter will shake the cobwebs off and power dunk on the pretty boy from Miami.

Memphis Grizzlies vs. New Orleans Hornets:

New Orleans will win. I have one thing to say: "Chris Paul."

Utah Jazz vs. Oklahoma:

Utah will win. Russell Westbrook and Deron Williams should be an interesting match-up, with Williams winning of course. Kevin Durant will outperform everybody else through raw talent. Jeff Green will be dog-piled by Carlos Boozer and Paul Milsap. Mehmet Okur will prove why he is the second best center from Europe, and why Kristc is about the fifteenth to the twentieth.

Los Angeles Clippers vs. Detroit Pistons:

Detroit will win. Rip Hamilton will let off more steam from the Chauncey trade by having another monster game. Detroit's defense will stifle a crappy team; whoopty doo.

Boston Celtics vs. San Antonio Spurs:

San Antonio will win. With Kevin Garnett out, there's nobody on the bench to yell at the reserves when they inevitably fall apart. Tim Duncan will move no larger of a radius of three feet, but will still get 23 points, 14 rebounds, three assists, and two blocked shots. Tony Parker and Rajon Rondo will be playing hyper tag the entire game.

Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Houston Rockets:

Houston will win. Yao Ming doesn't have any room for Love in his heart, or in his post.

Washington Wizards vs. Denver Nuggets:

What do you think? No, you dumb ***. It's a rhetorical question.

Philadelphia 76'ers vs. Golden State Warriors:

I'll give you two hints. One team has four options that can all potentially average 20 points per game. The other team only has one.

superkegger
03-20-2009, 07:44 PM
This thread pretty much convicences me that this guy doesn't actually pay that much attention to the NBA or know much about it.

Gerald Green? He's played like 20 minutes this month. How he makes your game prediction write up I don't know.

:sigh: stop embarassing yourself.

DerekRE_3
03-20-2009, 08:07 PM
This thread pretty much convicences me that this guy doesn't actually pay that much attention to the NBA or know much about it.

Gerald Green? He's played like 20 minutes this month. How he makes your game prediction write up I don't know.

But those 20 minutes...were fabulous.

dolfan720
03-20-2009, 08:07 PM
i like it exept that the heat will win and celtics will win

superkegger
03-20-2009, 08:14 PM
But those 20 minutes...were fabulous.

Yeah, in March, Gerald Green, 22:13 minutes, 4 games, 7 points, 2 boards, 1 TO, 1 personal foul.

He had an even better February.

Total games: 4
Total Minutes played: 29:59
Total points scored: 20
Total rebounds: 3
Total assists: 1
Total turnovers: 2
Total steals: 2

So clearly, if you're writing about the Mavs, you'd want to be sure to include a highlight about his guy.

NYMetros
03-20-2009, 08:16 PM

San Antonio will win. With Kevin Garnett out, there's nobody on the bench to yell at the reserves when they inevitably fall apart. Tim Duncan will move no larger of a radius of three feet, but will still get 23 points, 14 rebounds, three assists, and two blocked shots. Tony Parker and Rajon Rondo will be playing hyper tag the entire game.

KG is playing tonight.

You spelled embarrassing wrong. ;)

DerekRE_3
03-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Yeah, in March, Gerald Green, 22:13 minutes, 4 games, 7 points, 2 boards, 1 TO, 1 personal foul.

He had an even better February.

Total games: 4
Total Minutes played: 29:59
Total points scored: 20
Total rebounds: 3
Total assists: 1
Total turnovers: 2
Total steals: 2

So clearly, if you're writing about the Mavs, you'd want to be sure to include a highlight about his guy.

I'm glad we agree. :nod:

superkegger
03-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Yeah, and Dirk is really choking tonight, 17 and 5 in the first half, what a disappearing act.

DerekRE_3
03-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Yeah, and Dirk is really choking tonight, 17 and 5 in the first half, what a disappearing act.

Gerald and Diaw are being such beasts. Wallace has 13 and 6 at the half and Diaw has 16 and 5. :drool:
I don't think Gerald Wallace knows how to do a pull up jumper, because he is going right to the rim every time. I love it.

soundjunkies2
03-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Dallas Mavericks vs. Indiana Pacers:

Indiana will win. Dirk Nowitzki has an affinity for choking against inferior teams. Gerald Green's past dunk title won't help him guard Danny Granger. T.J. Ford will hobble Jason Kidd. Troy Murphy will even outplay Eric Dampier.

Charlotte Bobcats vs. Toronto Raptors:

Charlotte will win. Toronto is softer than a goose down pillow. Emeka Okafor is going to have a gaunt Italian kid to push around. Chris Bosh will once again barely fail to be tough enough. Gerald Wallace and Shawn Marion should be an even, entertaining match-up. Raja Bell should have an easy night with only Terry to deal with. The combo of Felton and Augustin should keep the Spaniard on his heals.

Sacremento Kings vs. New York Knicks:

New York City will win. Sadly, David Lee will be the most dominant post player in the game. Spencer Hawes will be somewhere too. Kevin Martin will score a lot in a futile effort. Nobody will notice Al Harrington as he drops between 20 and 30. Finally, I predict that Nate Robinson will jump over somebody.

Miami Heat vs. New Jersey Nets:

New Jersey will win. Dwayne Wade will go through the motions of trying to carry a team. Jermaine O'neal will stand near the rim, talking about how good he used to be in Indiana, Brook Lopez probably won't gain much street credit in the Rookie of the Year race for taking on a non-factor. Devin Harris will do whatever he damn well pleases. Vince Carter will shake the cobwebs off and power dunk on the pretty boy from Miami.

Memphis Grizzlies vs. New Orleans Hornets:

New Orleans will win. I have one thing to say: "Chris Paul."

Utah Jazz vs. Oklahoma:

Utah will win. Russell Westbrook and Deron Williams should be an interesting match-up, with Williams winning of course. Kevin Durant will outperform everybody else through raw talent. Jeff Green will be dog-piled by Carlos Boozer and Paul Milsap. Mehmet Okur will prove why he is the second best center from Europe, and why Kristc is about the fifteenth to the twentieth.

Los Angeles Clippers vs. Detroit Pistons:

Detroit will win. Rip Hamilton will let off more steam from the Chauncey trade by having another monster game. Detroit's defense will stifle a crappy team; whoopty doo.

Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Houston Rockets:

Houston will win. Yao Ming doesn't have any room for Love in his heart, or in his post.

Washington Wizards vs. Denver Nuggets:

What do you think? No, you dumb ***. It's a rhetorical question.

Philadelphia 76'ers vs. Golden State Warriors:

I'll give you two hints. One team has four options that can all potentially average 20 points per game. The other team only has one.

Rip isn't playing and KG is playing.