PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Games that Made Your Franchise What it is?

JordansBulls
03-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Top 5 Games that Made Your Franchise What it is?

If you could narrow it down to just 5 games in particular what were the top 5 Games in your franchise's history that made your franchise successful or unsuccesful?

Here are mine for the Chicago Bulls.

1.) 1988 1st Round Game 5. 1st Series we had HCA. It was the final game of the series, if we lose this game we have no excuses.

2.) 1989 1st Round Game 5. This was the elimination game in that series, if we lose and more importantly if MJ misses the shot we lose in round 1 of the playoffs and don't advance to the ECF. With the win we took the series and managed to even upset the Knicks in round 2 and then we advance to the ECF. With no advancement to the eastern conference finals it sets back our teams progress tremendously.

3.) 1991 NBA Finals Game 2. One of the most important games ever. Down 1-0 in the series, if we lose this game we could have literally lost the series and may never have developed that championship mentality.

4.) 1992 East Semifinals Game 7. Defending champions but playing in an elimination game. If we lose this game, our dynasty aspirations never get fulfilled and we never 3 peat perhaps.

5.) 1998 ECF Game 7. This game if we lose ends our dynasty.

Those were the 5 games in my mind that made our team succeed throughout the years.

What 5 games come to mind for your teams success or for your team being unsuccesful?

blackjack_119
03-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Portland Trailblazers:

1977 NBA Finals Game 6: Portland wins its first and only NBA Championship. That team however solidified the Blazers in Portland. Since that season, Portland sold out every single game until the 1995 season when they moved into the Rose Garden.

2000 WCF Game 7: I don't even want to recap it. We had the Lakers crushed and gave it away. Would have easily won an NBA title had we not choked down the stretch.

1990 NBA Finals Game 3: After having just beaten the Defending Champion Detroit Pistons on their home court by one point in overtime, Portland needed only to win three consecutive games at home (2-3-2 format at the time) They didn't show up in Game 3. They also became the first team to lose games 3-5 in an NBA finals.

1992 NBA Finals Game 3: (See 1990 NBA Finals games 3) After having beaten Chicago on the road by 11 in overtime, once again Portland only needed to win the middle three games at home to win it all. Michael Jordan reminded Portland that they would have been better off with him playing along side Drexler rather than against him. Portland lost by 10.

1991 WCF Game 1: That 1991 Trailblazers team was flat out dominant. Had they not narrowly lost game one, I think they win it all that year. Jordan's Bulls were good, but that Blazers team was dominant and more experienced. If Chicago lost to Portland in 1991, Jordan may not have beaten Portland the year after either. Who knows.

JordansBulls
03-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Portland Trailblazers:

1977 NBA Finals Game 6: Portland wins its first and only NBA Championship. That team however solidified the Blazers in Portland. Since that season, Portland sold out every single game until the 1995 season when they moved into the Rose Garden.

2000 WCF Game 7: I don't even want to recap it. We had the Lakers crushed and gave it away. Would have easily won an NBA title had we not choked down the stretch.

1990 NBA Finals Game 3: After having just beaten the Defending Champion Detroit Pistons on their home court by one point in overtime, Portland needed only to win three consecutive games at home (2-3-2 format at the time) They didn't show up in Game 3. They also became the first team to lose games 3-5 in an NBA finals.

1992 NBA Finals Game 3: (See 1990 NBA Finals games 3) After having beaten Chicago on the road by 11 in overtime, once again Portland only needed to win the middle three games at home to win it all. Michael Jordan reminded Portland that they would have been better off with him playing along side Drexler rather than against him. Portland lost by 10.

1991 WCF Game 1: That 1991 Trailblazers team was flat out dominant. Had they not narrowly lost game one, I think they win it all that year. Jordan's Bulls were good, but that Blazers team was dominant and more experienced. If Chicago lost to Portland in 1991, Jordan may not have beaten Portland the year after either. Who knows.

Sadly I would have chosen all of those games as well. Maybe instead of 1992 game 3 I would have chosen game 6 as that was the game you guys were up 15 going into the 4th.

jimbobjarree
03-21-2009, 09:13 PM
the 1998 finals :pity:

EX-TREME
03-21-2009, 09:43 PM
the 1998 finals :pity:

heartbreaking loss at game six

our is nba finals in 95

DreamShaker
03-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Game 7 1994 NBA Finals.

Game 1 1994 NBA Finals.

The game where Sampson hit that game winner against L.A. to go to the 86 Finals.

Those are the 3 main ones....