PDA

View Full Version : The Eastern Conference Playoffs (closer then you think)

IrespectNumber3
03-20-2009, 02:19 PM
IMO...I think the East Playoffs is going to be very close from 1-7 depending on Matchup's So im gonna breakdown where each team should Want to Place...

8. Bulls Bucks Nets Knicks...I think for whichever team gets in the playoffs just be blessed enough to be there I really don't see any of these teams advancing past the cavs unless something drastic happens and they move up

7. Pistons: You guys are 3-1 vs Orlando somehow someway you must climb to 6th and face Orlando...Or hope Orlando can somehow get to 2nd you guys are 1-3 vs Boston....Hamilton and Iverson need to get healthy before mid April 2 round possibility if the Pistons somehow get the Magic and win in a 5-6 game series I can really see them playing a 7 game with the Celts...but im really unsure past that

6. 76ers (warning) at 6 and 7 is not where you want to be playing the Celts or the Magic can lead to serious problems...you've been playing great of lately but having those 2 in a 7 game serious I just dont see you winning all 4 at this spot...must win games and get to 5

5 Heat...the heat most likely will play the hawks home court would be great if it reaches a potential game 7...from now until the playoffs they need to at least stay .500 on the road...the heat may have the healthiest team going into playoffs with all of there starters and bench players there...not to mention Dwade....2nd round possibility For them somebody else has to step up besides Dwade consistently throughout the playoffs if they want any chance at Lebron

4. Hawks have probably the best starting group going into the playoffs even without Marvin Williams...the Hawks need to maintain a winning streak and secure home court...If they get past D-Wade its going to prepare them alot for Lebron and I can see a 7 game series

3. Magic...Like I said before with the Pistons the magic need to do whatever it is they can to avoid the Pistons in the first round...there a good solid team and can beat the Heat or 76ers if they drop to 6...but you really dont want to play the pistons... if the magic play the 76ers i doubt its going to prepare them for the Celts...so i stop right there

2. Celtics...NEED TO GET HEALTHY 2 weeks before the playoffs...They celtics have been playing without there big three for so long if they dont get there chemistry back in full strength by late april they could be in trouble...the 1st round might seem easier to them if there 75 -80 percent but the magic will be ready...if they pass the magic and draw lebron by then if the Celts are STILL healthy...theyll be in the finals

1. Cavs...The first round will be 4 or 5 games ...Banking on that home record might not be the same come playoff time because teams are going to try to upset you at home and snatch that away quickly...For the cavs to beat the heat or the hawks they have to not give them much of a chance at All if the 4th qtr comes and theres a 5 point gap at any moment and they lose on the road....the loss is going to be catastrophic and 2 times more devastating because the opposing teams head will be souped...If im the cavs I want the Pistons to play the Celts before I get to the third round and I want to get out of the 2nd round quickly and healthy as possible...That home record will mean nothing if any team beats you at home in the playoffs before you reach the Celts so they need to keep that...We will win everygame mentality in the playoffs...If that is there then theyll be in the finals....

JordansBulls
03-20-2009, 02:33 PM
The Bulls would take the Cavs 7 games.

rabueed
03-20-2009, 02:36 PM

lol, u actually believe that??

IrespectNumber3
03-20-2009, 02:38 PM

because your a bulls fan ill say ok...*anything is possible* (gordon for 3) but because im a heat fan...I know you can't stop D-wade so i doubt you can stop Lebron either...and Im pretty sure if i said if we played you guys in a series ud say ud win in 6

superkegger
03-20-2009, 02:47 PM
I see the Cavs, Celtics, Magic, Hawks taking the 1-4 seeds in that order and all winning their opening round playoff series in a max of 6 games.

IrespectNumber3
03-20-2009, 02:52 PM
I dont see how you can count the pistons heat or 76ers out yet...I think when there playing full strength they can beat any team in the east to be honest

what54!?
03-20-2009, 02:53 PM
sorry jordansbulls thats pure homer talk. I know about the whole cavs-bulls history but its diiferent now

carter15
03-20-2009, 02:55 PM

no chance..ill give the bulls a game 3 win.

still1ballin
03-20-2009, 03:00 PM
IMO Cavs would sweep Bulls

Pierzynski4Prez
03-20-2009, 03:06 PM
because your a bulls fan ill say ok...*anything is possible* (gordon for 3) but because im a heat fan...I know you can't stop D-wade so i doubt you can stop Lebron either...and Im pretty sure if i said if we played you guys in a series ud say ud win in 6

No, we'd sweep you like last time

b_rad23
03-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Last time was different. The Bulls were good (especially defensively) and the Heat were ancient.

No more.

Pierzynski4Prez
03-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Last time was different. The Bulls were good (especially defensively) and the Heat were ancient.

No more.

Bulls have just about the same team as last time, except add Rose, Salmons, and Miller.

If the Heat were young then, They had to be just little kids when they won the title the year before. I'd think their even younger now with Chalmers, Beasley, and no Shaqtus.

I'm not trying to disrespect the Heat or try to play up the Bulls, I know we are not nearly as good as that 2 years ago, even with the same guys(WTF happened???). But the Heat and Bulls have had some of the best games I've seen this year. It would definitely be a fun series to watch. I just wish you still had Posey so Tyrus could break his nose.

mballa22191
03-20-2009, 03:13 PM
No, we'd sweep you like last time

yeah if bulls some how beat Cleveland and play heat in second round its a sweep for sure ;) ... on a serious note im guaranteeing a win for bulls at home against the heat on 3/26

Pierzynski4Prez
03-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Bulls have just about the same team as last time, except add Rose, Salmons, and Miller.

If the Heat were young then, They had to be just little kids when they won the title the year before. I'd think their even younger now with Chalmers, Beasley, and no Shaqtus.

I'm not trying to disrespect the Heat or try to play up the Bulls, I know we are not nearly as good as that 2 years ago, even with the same guys(WTF happened???). But the Heat and Bulls have had some of the best games I've seen this year. It would definitely be a fun series to watch. I just wish you still had Posey so Tyrus could break his nose.

You changed your saying from young to ancient while i was typing, so Omit my 2nd paragraph

IversonIsKrazy
03-20-2009, 03:15 PM
my predictions.

Cavs beat Bulls 4-1
Pistons beat Magic 4-2
Celtics beat 76ers 4-1
Hawks beat Heat 4-3

Cavs beat Hawks 4-3
Celtics beat Pistons 4-2

Cavs beat Celtics 4-3

abe_froman
03-20-2009, 03:19 PM
IMO Cavs would sweep Bulls

agreed

each game but one,will be over by half time

tdunk21
03-20-2009, 03:22 PM

y do some people make themselves look stupid....bulls would take cavs in 7....lmfao....get off tht crack boy....

tdunk21
03-20-2009, 03:26 PM
my predictions.

Cavs beat Bulls 4-1
Pistons beat Magic 4-2
Celtics beat 76ers 4-1
Hawks beat Heat 4-3

Cavs beat Hawks 4-3
Celtics beat Pistons 4-2

Cavs beat Celtics 4-3

i agree

mballa22191
03-20-2009, 03:31 PM
y do some people make themselves look stupid....bulls would take cavs in 7....lmfao....get off tht crack boy....

Bulls have beat the cavs this year. and are pretty good home team this adds but to maybe a couple wins for bulls

NYtilIdie
03-20-2009, 03:42 PM
The Cavs have a mean 1-2 punch with Mo and LeBron I know the Bulls can't stop them and the Cavs have a slightly better front court then the Bulls which is always good

superkegger
03-20-2009, 03:59 PM
I dont see how you can count the pistons heat or 76ers out yet...I think when there playing full strength they can beat any team in the east to be honest

I can count them out, because Cleveland, Boston, Orlando, and Atlanta have shown they have the ability to win, do so consistently, and play at a higher level than the lower seeds have. They're a reason that Atlanta has now started to pull away from Miami, it's because they're a better team.

mrs rose
03-20-2009, 04:12 PM
i agree

CAVS BEAT BULLS 4-2
HEAT BEAT HAWKS 4-1
CELTICS BEAT 76ERS 4-1
PISTONS BEAT MAGIC 4-3

HEAT BEAT CAVS 4-2
CELTICS BEAT PISTONS 4-3

SHOCKER OF THE YEAR!!
HEAT BEAT CELTICS 4-3:):):dance:

KINGofKINGS28
03-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Celts win it all to repeat.... We got the big 3 and were winning 3 championships in a row.. So we have next year locked too.... Sorry guys

mballa22191
03-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Celts win it all to repeat.... We got the big 3 and were winning 3 championships in a row.. So we have next year locked too.... Sorry guys

celtics record on road last year in playoffs was like 3-11... east is better this year. celtics are worst. You may win but nothing is a given.

BullsNumber1Fan
03-20-2009, 04:28 PM
My Predictions:

Cavs beat Bulls 4-2
Magic beat Pistons 4-3
Celtics beat 76ers 4-1
Heat beat Hawks 4-3

Cavs beat Heat 4-2
Celtics beat Magic 4-2

Cavs beat Celtics 4-3

ottograham14
03-20-2009, 04:31 PM

Never know, the Bulls could take the Cavs to 7. Did anyone see the Hawks last year taking the Celtics to 7..........I dont think so and dont ever come back with that you did.

Doesn't really matter anyways because the only two teams that matter are the two on a collision course for the ECF's.......the Cavs and Celtics.

Ollie Tabooger
03-20-2009, 04:41 PM
CAVS BEAT BULLS 4-2
HEAT BEAT HAWKS 4-1
CELTICS BEAT 76ERS 4-1
PISTONS BEAT MAGIC 4-3

HEAT BEAT CAVS 4-2
CELTICS BEAT PISTONS 4-3

SHOCKER OF THE YEAR!!

you keep living in your own little fantasy world. Theres no way they beat the hawks in 5.

Lakers4ItAll
03-20-2009, 04:52 PM
:laugh: you wish! As much as I want to see the Cav's lose the Bull's would be lucky to win 1 game!

D.Rose#1
03-20-2009, 05:38 PM
i dont think the bulls would end up winning the series but it would be a competitive series. I dont think we would get swept

mrs rose
03-20-2009, 07:13 PM
you keep living in your own little fantasy world. Theres no way they beat the hawks in 5.

my belief is stronger.. than your doubt....
~dwyane tyrone wade jr~

EX-TREME
03-21-2009, 03:03 PM
CAVS BEAT BULLS 4-2
HEAT BEAT HAWKS 4-1
CELTICS BEAT 76ERS 4-1
PISTONS BEAT MAGIC 4-3

HEAT BEAT CAVS 4-2
CELTICS BEAT PISTONS 4-3

SHOCKER OF THE YEAR!!

:laugh:

mrs rose
03-21-2009, 03:26 PM
:laugh:

my belief is stronger.. than your doubt....
~dwyane tyrone wade jr~

missionh1llpart
03-21-2009, 03:31 PM
First off, Charlotte is making the playoffs and Chicago is not.

Second off, even if Lebron stays healthy in the playoffs, I still think the Celtics would beat them, but what does everyone think if Lebron were to get hurt and miss some time in the playoffs? I don't see Delonte West bringing that team a championship.

tdunk21
03-21-2009, 07:51 PM
First off, Charlotte is making the playoffs and Chicago is not.

Second off, even if Lebron stays healthy in the playoffs, I still think the Celtics would beat them, but what does everyone think if Lebron were to get hurt and miss some time in the playoffs? I don't see Delonte West bringing that team a championship.
:rolleyes:

missionh1llpart
03-21-2009, 09:48 PM
:rolleyes:

Charlotte isn't going to do well in the playoffs, but I think they'll make it.

And if Lebron gets hurt, the Cavs hopes off a championship this year has completely gone down the tube. I don't really see why that's something to roll your eyes at.

Becks2307
03-21-2009, 10:02 PM
d.wade will not let the heat lose in round one.

dre1990
03-21-2009, 10:44 PM

The Bulls would have trouble takin the cavs to 5 games