PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howards passing

JayW_1023
03-19-2009, 08:02 AM
My main gripe for Howards game has always been his passing, especially finding open guys out of double teams. It seems always when I criticize a player, they somehow prove me wrong the next day.

Seven assists yesterday is pretty impressive for him and he has done this numberous times recently. He is already a tremendous athlete, but it good to see his basketball IQ is catching up.

MAC10TIZZY
03-19-2009, 08:39 AM
My main gripe for Howards game has always been his passing, especially finding open guys out of double teams. It seems always when I criticize a player, they somehow prove me wrong the next day.

Seven assists yesterday is pretty impressive for him and he has done this numberous times recently. He is already a tremendous athlete, but it good to see his basketball IQ is catching up.

good looks son!!!!!!!!!!

The Answer3
03-19-2009, 09:03 AM
I don't watch a lot of Magic games but from what I've witnessed, Dwight would be a much better player if his passing game was better. He has improved from last year or so, but he isn't on lets say Shaq's level. He also needs to refine his post game a bit more, he's using more spin moves and hookshots but its not at an elite level. He needs to be more aware when and where the double team's coming and passing out of the low post.

EX-TREME
03-19-2009, 09:54 AM
patrick ewing have done a great job with howard

_Sn1P3r_
03-19-2009, 11:09 AM
He had a great game yesterday. Only time will tell when he gets a quadruple double with PTS/REB/AST/BLK.

DitchDat
03-19-2009, 12:30 PM
And he's still so young. Can you imagine how good he will be in a few years?

DreamShaker
03-19-2009, 12:56 PM

Ewing did a great Job with Yao as well....

JayW_1023
03-19-2009, 02:45 PM
If Dwight gets Ewings jumper he'll be unstoppable.

GoatMilk
03-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Ewing and his "stale post moves"
oh I love Shaq

superkegger
03-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah, Dwight's passing is a weaknes. But he's only 23, I mean how many big men were great passes at 23? And if they were great passes, could they do all the other things Dwight does? It'll take some more time for him to develop it, but it'll come.

mrblisterdundee
03-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Howard will become as good a passer as Shaq. It just takes experience.

LTS
03-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Yeah give him few years he will be gettin more assists

superkegger
03-19-2009, 06:15 PM
It's not totally about the asissts, just about passing better when he's doubled.

chicagowhitesox
03-19-2009, 06:21 PM
i doubt it. he really has no post skills or passing ability. he relies on his athletic ability too much still. he could be one of the best big men ever if he develops in those areas, though.

DieselPowered32
03-19-2009, 10:04 PM
The only problem with Howard is his not yet develpoed as a consistent passer....one game he can have 7 ast and in another he turns it over and struggles with the double teams...perferct example is when Orlando plays Detroit

Ollie Tabooger
03-19-2009, 10:49 PM

he also did a good job on that snickers commercial. No relevance, and i apologize for this, but yeah that commercial was so funny

BigDiesel32
03-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Well it was against the Bucks and their was no Andrew Bogut. Not trying to take away anything from him. His passing has gotten slightly better, but again stats don't tell the entire story for his passing, a lot of times guys like Shaq, Yao and Duncan are great passers their shooters just can't make them all the time.

Dwight has the best shooters around him, so he should be averaging at least 2+ APG.

SteveNash
03-20-2009, 12:09 AM
Yeah, Dwight's passing is a weaknes. But he's only 23, I mean how many big men were great passes at 23? And if they were great passes, could they do all the other things Dwight does? It'll take some more time for him to develop it, but it'll come.

KG.

And what else does Howard do? Dunk? KG can do that.

Chronz
03-20-2009, 12:44 AM
KG.

And what else does Howard do? Dunk? KG can do that.

Then why doesnt he? He gets injured if he tries to throw it down hard, you cant give Dwight an inch, hes becoming like Shaq if he gets position you have to foul to stop him from converting, KG was never like that.

SteveNash
03-20-2009, 01:46 AM
Then why doesnt he? He gets injured if he tries to throw it down hard, you cant give Dwight an inch, hes becoming like Shaq if he gets position you have to foul to stop him from converting, KG was never like that.

I said KG could, not that he did.

Besides that Dwight wanted to be the next KG, he was compared to him, he idolized him. His limited skillset and slow development forced him to move to center.

And please lets stop with the Shaq comparisons. Shaq was also a better passer than Dwight is now. Shaq was a lot better at establishing position, catching the entry pass, footwork to get closer to the basket, and had more moves to finish once he got their.

All Dwight has is being able to set better screens (mostly because he can't score consistently on his own) and the luxury of going up against much weaker competition.

EX-TREME
03-20-2009, 12:03 PM
he also did a good job on that snickers commercial. No relevance, and i apologize for this, but yeah that commercial was so funny

yeah that commercial was awesome lol

EX-TREME
03-20-2009, 12:06 PM
I said KG could, not that he did.

Besides that Dwight wanted to be the next KG, he was compared to him, he idolized him. His limited skillset and slow development forced him to move to center.

And please lets stop with the Shaq comparisons. Shaq was also a better passer than Dwight is now. Shaq was a lot better at establishing position, catching the entry pass, footwork to get closer to the basket, and had more moves to finish once he got their.

All Dwight has is being able to set better screens (mostly because he can't score consistently on his own) and the luxury of going up against much weaker competition.

shaq was a center in high school and college while dwight was a perimeter and got a growth spurt and was forced to play center in high school. it takes a lot of experience. dwight got potential

Kakaroach
03-20-2009, 06:48 PM
He's getting better, but is still not on a level such as Shaq or when C. Webb was in the league.