PDA

View Full Version : The Cavs will have just as tough of time with ATL/MIA as Boston with Orlando

Boston Faithful
03-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Assuming the Cavs get the one spot and to the second round, I think they will have just as hard of a time with Atlanta or Miami as Boston will with Orlando. First off, Orlando is right there with San Antonio and Houston. I think the only teams capable of winning an NBA Championship are Cleveland, Boston and LA. So Orlando without Jameer Nelson is going to be equal to Atlanta or Miami. Miami has D-Wade and Atlanta has a solid all-around team. If Boston and Cleveland meet in the Conference Finals, I see both their second round series going 4-2. I personally think D-Wade will give LeBron lots of trouble in a second round matchup.

what54!?
03-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Ok this is coming from a heat fan. If we do get past the hawks, (which I hope we do) the cavs will still beat us in seven game series. They have a better team. Even if we do have D-Wade other people will need to step up. I would want to say J.O. but I don't see it happening sicnce he's not the same player. It would have to be Michael Beasley which I think he could do but if he would is unknown.

I can't speak for the Hawks though.

philab
03-18-2009, 12:44 PM
That's not true, but I understand where you're coming from.

Atlanta especially could give Cleveland real fits with Bibby and Johnson in the backcourt. Miami's good enough to steal a game or two, but the Cavaliers have clearly shown this season that they can handle Wade and the Heat.

Orlando's a much better team than either Atlanta or Miami, though. With Howard in the middle and all those shooters, it can take a lot out of a team chasing them around all night. Plus, it's not a given that Boston has homecourt advantage against Orlando.

In the end, though, Boston and Cleveland should meet in the ECF. It's possible that both series end 4-2, but not all 4-2 series are alike. For me at least, Orlando is a much tougher opponent than Miami and, to a lesser extent, Atlanta.

nyybronxborn
03-18-2009, 12:46 PM
orlando is a tougher team then either miami or atlanta
orlando is the 3rd best team in the league (but that is my opion im not sold on the lakers )still i like celtics to win the east and lakers to win the west , and celtics win it all

b_rad23
03-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Orlando obviously is a better team, but I could see scenarios where the Heat or Hawks were to advance or prove to be an extremely tough out. Wade can get hot, the young guys can perform and the team as a whole could mesh and get hot. The Hawks could get hot too and could definitely be too athletic and outrun a tired or older team.

cmstophe
03-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Orlando has a superstar big man. Thus, this thread is false.

superkegger
03-18-2009, 12:59 PM
I think the Hawks could really give Cleveland a run for their money. They are balanced and athletic. As of late they've been hot and their defense very good. If they're fully healthy and playing the great defense they can, the Cavs could definitely have a tough series on their hands, as the Boston Celtics know all too well.

Chronz
03-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Yes to Atlanta, not so much to Miami. Any team that can go big in the backcourt is going to give Cleveland fits.

marlinsfan24
03-18-2009, 07:00 PM
It is the NBA playoffs, so yeah any team can give any team a tough time

As a Heat fan, Magic>>>>Hawks/Heat

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-18-2009, 07:10 PM
We have played the Hawks and Heat, and as a Cavalier fan it just looked like we had an easier time against those teams, as opposed to playing the Magic.

Sure both will be tough they aren't bad teams, but I MUCH rather play them then Orlando.

superkegger
03-18-2009, 07:47 PM
We have played the Hawks and Heat, and as a Cavalier fan it just looked like we had an easier time against those teams, as opposed to playing the Magic.

Sure both will be tough they aren't bad teams, but I MUCH rather play them then Orlando.

Well to be fair, the first game the Hawks played against you they had no Josh Smith and lost, the second game they beat you, the third game they lost on a questionable call. So I wouldn't say you've exactly had an easy time against the Hawks.

cmstophe
03-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Well to be fair, the first game the Hawks played against you they had no Josh Smith and lost, the second game they beat you, the third game they lost on a questionable call. So I wouldn't say you've exactly had an easy time against the Hawks.

...why don't you mention the guys the Cavs were missing? :rolleyes:

And a loss is a loss. The Hawks lost fair and square the third game. Don't complain about calls, please. If it was the other way I highly doubt you'd say "The Cavs lost on a questionable call".

superkegger
03-18-2009, 08:38 PM
...why don't you mention the guys the Cavs were missing? :rolleyes:

And a loss is a loss. The Hawks lost fair and square the third game. Don't complain about calls, please. If it was the other way I highly doubt you'd say "The Cavs lost on a questionable call".

The first two games the Cavs were fully healthy, in the 3rd game, Ben Wallace was out. Didn't mean to dimish the loss of Ben Wallace to the Cavs, didn't totally notice it.

I'm not complaining about the call. I'm simply saying that the Hawks have given the Cavs problems and the games vs them haven't been easy. I'm not debating the validity of the win, just putting it in context, that it was a one point victory and could have easily gone the other way.

You're missing the whole point of what I was saying. I'm simply making the point that the Hawks haven't been an easy win for the Cavs this year, and should they meet in the playoffs, it could be an interesting series.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Would the Hawks be a tough sereies, yes. But not as tough as a series with Orlando.

I dont see the Heat being a tough series for the Cavs.

superkegger
03-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Would the Hawks be a tough sereies, yes. But not as tough as a series with Orlando.

I dont see the Heat being a tough series for the Cavs.

I'm inclined to disagree. With no Jameer, and with the Hawks playing the way they are, I think they're equally potent. Since Jameer went down 13-6 (not including that game Jameer went down vs the Mavs), in that same stretch the Hawks are 13-8. I'm not saying they are equal, but if you've seen the Hawks as of late, they're scorching. That defense has been clicking. If they can roll into the playoffs like that, they could be a very tough out. They'll still be an out to the Cavs, but a tough one.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-18-2009, 09:04 PM
The first two games the Cavs were fully healthy, in the 3rd game, Ben Wallace was out. Didn't mean to dimish the loss of Ben Wallace to the Cavs, didn't totally notice it.

I'm not complaining about the call. I'm simply saying that the Hawks have given the Cavs problems and the games vs them haven't been easy. I'm not debating the validity of the win, just putting it in context, that it was a one point victory and could have easily gone the other way.

You're missing the whole point of what I was saying. I'm simply making the point that the Hawks haven't been an easy win for the Cavs this year, and should they meet in the playoffs, it could be an interesting series.

I see what your saying, and it makes sense.

I just remember seeing leBron in the Magic game that we lost, and he was truly struggling to get to the rim. But Hawks are tough, they just don't have the depth to stay with the Cavaliers in a 7 game series. That's biased, but they really don't have too much depth.

superkegger
03-18-2009, 09:06 PM
I see what your saying, and it makes sense.

I just remember seeing leBron in the Magic game that we lost, and he was truly struggling to get to the rim. But Hawks are tough, they just don't have the depth to stay with the Cavaliers in a 7 game series. That's biased, but they really don't have too much depth.

No, they don't have depth, especially if Marvin is out, they have Flip and Zaza, and thats pretty much it. I just think that having watched a couple of their games as of late (vs NO and UTAH) and watching them stiffle those teams, that they could be a very tough out if they keep playing like that.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-18-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm inclined to disagree. With no Jameer, and with the Hawks playing the way they are, I think they're equally potent. Since Jameer went down 13-6 (not including that game Jameer went down vs the Mavs), in that same stretch the Hawks are 13-8. I'm not saying they are equal, but if you've seen the Hawks as of late, they're scorching. That defense has been clicking. If they can roll into the playoffs like that, they could be a very tough out. They'll still be an out to the Cavs, but a tough one.

They have been playing some good D. But they have been beating these teams at home. Really the only impressive win was against the Hornets where they stifled CP3. They also beat Utah and Portland but we all know those two teams cant win on the road.

My argument for Orlando would be that even though they are implementing a new point guard into their system, they are still playing very well. I'm sure you seen that game vs the Cavs yesterday. They were playing very well in Cleveland where the Cavs are ALMOST ;) unbeatable. And Orlando has shown to be a very good road team.

And since both Orland and the Hawks would be the road teams, I'm going to lean towards the team that has had success on the road. Orlando at a very respectable 23-11 on the road is much tougher than facing a team who is 14-21 on the road. Especially in a 7 game series where the first 2 games are going to be in the opponents building and 4 out of the seven will be as well. I would much rather see the Hawks.

Dmunk08
03-18-2009, 09:48 PM
the HAWKS WILL be tough for any team.......i repeat ANY TEAM they face. they are definetly going to the second round this year.....they'll have home court advantage......i don't think any team wants to play them if u ask them.

Kenny
03-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Cavs beat both of these teams within 6 games.. Heat in 5 games..

ugafan
03-18-2009, 10:19 PM
As a Hawks fan, I'm obviously biased.
I think the Hawks match up well with the Cavs.(Much like the Celtics)
Obviously the Cavs are better than the Hawks, but so were the Celtics last year(and this year) we just match up so well. Josh Smith matches up well with LeBron defensively, and will get some help.
I think the Hawks beat Miami, and lose to the Cavs in 6.

superkegger
03-18-2009, 10:39 PM
As a Hawks fan, I'm obviously biased.
I think the Hawks match up well with the Cavs.(Much like the Celtics)
Obviously the Cavs are better than the Hawks, but so were the Celtics last year(and this year) we just match up so well. Josh Smith matches up well with LeBron defensively, and will get some help.
I think the Hawks beat Miami, and lose to the Cavs in 6.

that doesn't sound all that biased to me. :shrug:

ugafan
03-18-2009, 10:48 PM
that doesn't sound all that biased to me. :shrug:

It was more of a disclaimer :p

b_rad23
03-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Dwyane Wade.

superkegger
03-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Dwyane Wade.

Great point. Lot of insight there.