PDA

View Full Version : What are YOU doing for the tournament?

Fool
03-17-2009, 08:20 PM
This should be fun...I'm just wondering what other people are doing for the tournament? Are you going to be watching just a few games (in the 1st couple of rounds) or are you going to watch every game possible?

Plus, what does your setup look like? (TV, sound system, food, etc)

Me, I'll be laying in my friend's basement Thursday and Friday all day with lots of Mountain Dew and Doritos. Hopefully I can get some kind of big white board so we can keep track of games and stuff. I'm not sure what I'll be doing for the later rounds though.

Mane
03-17-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm going to watch every game humanly possible.

I'm getting early dismissal on Thursday and Friday, because my 3rd and 4th periods both of those days are complete jokes.

Hopefully i'll have a 3 lb. box of cheez-its, a ton of soda, and some loaded potato skins or something. Hopefully it'll be awesome.. because every other year it is.

ccugrad1
03-17-2009, 08:34 PM
I am in a pool with a neighbor. You draw a team at random out of an envelope in each bracket-- So for the NCAA Tourney, I am UCLA, Boston College, Stephen F. Austin, and Northern Iowa fan!!!

Fool
03-17-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm lucky, spring break this week so I won't even have to miss school.

Mane
03-17-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm lucky, spring break this week so I won't even have to miss school.

Mostly everyone is, my schools ****ing stupid and has spring break for like two days over Easter.

Its all good though.. My mom is cool with me getting out early, because theres no way i wouldn't just leave school anyway.

In basketball class, our homework was to fill out a bracket :laugh:

mkool65
03-17-2009, 10:31 PM
We have 3 HD TV's that we will have hooked up to games. The main one with sound hooked up is 48" I think and a nice sound system. Probably having 10 people over or so, firing up the grill and partying all day! Then a little bigger party for the State game on Friday.

yboord028
03-17-2009, 10:34 PM
I'll watch it on my laptop sitting on my bed in my dorm when I don't have classes :sigh:...

SidTheKid
03-18-2009, 11:35 AM
I'll just try to watch every possible game I can focusing mainly on my Dukies though :up:

sdweston757
03-18-2009, 01:15 PM
ill be in class... following every score on my phone

mkool65
03-18-2009, 01:55 PM
I have skipped class on the first days of March Madness for years now, how can you handle that?

yboord028
03-18-2009, 03:14 PM
I have 3 80 minute classes and a 55 minute discussion, I think I might go to my first 80 minute, skip my 2nd, go to my 3rd but bring my laptop. The discussion I really can't do anything about, I have to attend that and can't really bring a laptop.

Actually it works out quite well, I can see an hour or so of the 12 o'clock games then go to class and see an hour of the 2:30 games.

SidTheKid
03-18-2009, 03:16 PM
I have 3 80 minute classes and a 55 minute discussion, I think I might go to my first 80 minute, skip my 2nd, go to my 3rd but bring my laptop. The discussion I really can't do anything about, I have to attend that and can't really bring a laptop.

Actually it works out quite well, I can see an hour or so of the 12 o'clock games then go to class and see an hour of the 2:30 games.

Sounds good. I see you have it all planned out :up:

Wake's Fastball
03-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Betting heavily. Watching from a bar or room TV.

Mane
03-18-2009, 06:11 PM
I have skipped class on the first days of March Madness for years now, how can you handle that?

There have been 2 times where i've been stuck in school for the first half of Maryland games... Once against UTEP, and the other time against Davidson.. luckily they won both of those games or i would've gone nuts in school. Luckily this year its at 2:55. I'm getting out around 11 this year.. gonna be ****ing awesome.

DamnGoat
03-18-2009, 11:01 PM
I have Thursday and Friday off and will be at the sports bar right down the road from my house or at my house...either way I'll probably be hammered.

Fool
03-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Mostly everyone is, my schools ****ing stupid and has spring break for like two days over Easter.

Its all good though.. My mom is cool with me getting out early, because theres no way i wouldn't just leave school anyway.

In basketball class, our homework was to fill out a bracket :laugh:

you have a BASKETBALL class? (jealous)