PDA

View Full Version : Wow, it must suck to be a...

_KB24_
03-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Just wondering what teams you guys actually feel sorry for? Two i can think of right out of my mind are the Kings and Knicks. The Kings went from being a power house to garbage in a matter of 3-4 years. And yes, this is coming from a Lakers fan.

JJ81
03-17-2009, 05:02 PM
I feel for the Lakers because with Bynum healthy all year they could have got 72

bahama0811
03-17-2009, 05:06 PM
The Clippers, they always find a way to suck.

Kyle N.
03-17-2009, 05:11 PM
I feel sorry for the Sonics having to move and the Clippers for being bad year in and year out. You'd think they could pull out a few really good years.

Jaydes
03-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Suns....Hands down...

This team was looking at winning a championship, now, they cant get to the playoff's

Coming form a Philly fan...

I also feel sorry for Cowboys fans. ..... Because they are ugly....:D

:eyebrow:

LTS
03-17-2009, 05:14 PM
The clippers (they always lose)
The Kings have a future despite the general feelings 2-3yrs they should be back in the playoffs
the hidden loser- The Suns- They have so many old large contract players and one day theyll wake up and no one will trade with them and they will have no youth and no title for all there efforts

AFlagRules
03-17-2009, 05:21 PM
The Raptors. Self explanatory.

DreamShaker
03-17-2009, 05:28 PM
I feel for the Lakers because with Bynum healthy all year they could have got 72

:pity:

DreamShaker
03-17-2009, 05:31 PM
I feel bad for Suns fans...so many shouldawouldacouldas and right when the run and gun Suns looked revitalized and ready to contend...Amare goes down....between the "sold" draft picks (Iggy, Rondo, ect.), the Shaq trade, the Amare suspension, the Porter hiring, the Joe Johnson leaving and becoming a star....everything....

Punkindrublic03
03-17-2009, 05:37 PM
The city of Seattle and all Seattle Supersonics fans

king4day
03-17-2009, 05:37 PM
I feel bad for Suns fans...so many shouldawouldacouldas and right when the run and gun Suns looked revitalized and ready to contend...Amare goes down....between the "sold" draft picks (Iggy, Rondo, ect.), the Shaq trade, the Amare suspension, the Porter hiring, the Joe Johnson leaving and becoming a star....everything....

Probably the greatest franchise to never win a ring...

Personally I feel for the Clippers and their fans. They've gotten to round two of the playoffs I believe once and that's it. They've been the laughing stock of the league since I started watching basketball (around when NBA Jam came out....I never heard the announcer say, "the Clippers......WIN THE GAME"

I also feel for the New Orleans. The team name "Jazz" couldn't have fit any city better and it moved when they left for Utah.
Anytime a team moves, they should be forced to leave the franchise and it's history behind.

The Ooh Child
03-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Wow, it must suck to be a T-Wolves fan

abe_froman
03-17-2009, 05:42 PM
feel bad for memphis or minny who always get forgotten about

sacgiants1213
03-17-2009, 05:43 PM
The clippers... that franchise is being run into the ground.

superkegger
03-17-2009, 05:45 PM

eh, they have a good future. Worse to be a clippers fan, no present, not future, no nothing.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
03-17-2009, 05:46 PM
clips no doubt... especially living in the deep shadows of the lakers...

junion
03-17-2009, 05:55 PM
supersonics - they had a lot of loyal fans at their games, even thru their down years, and the team pretty much lost the crowd. and the whole team had to leave their homes, and move their families. i think that sucks

clippers - no matter what they find a way to suck. they have so much talent right now, but it still doesnt work.

suns - i feel sorry for that team because its not the players' fault that they suck. its more of the management's fault.

jimbobjarree
03-17-2009, 06:00 PM
I feel bad for all who have suffered as many annoying injuries as the Jazz have this season, its been a rough one....and for those teams tanking when the draft is so weak

The Ooh Child
03-17-2009, 06:03 PM
eh, they have a good future. Worse to be a clippers fan, no present, not future, no nothing.

I don't think they have much of a future (mainly because a lot of people think Jefferson is going to bounce), but they at least have some options for their future. And I guess they had a good run with Garnett and Cassell.

I agree, it definitely is much worse to be a Clippers fan.

greg_ory_2005
03-17-2009, 06:06 PM
The Clips. No matter who they have, they always suck.

Nirvanaskurdt
03-17-2009, 06:07 PM
The Suns.... they go from near Championship caliber team to out of the playoffs all together.. :pity:

DAMN YOU STEVE KERR!!! DAMN YOU TO HELL!! :mad:

Brosiff
03-17-2009, 06:10 PM
I dont feel bad for any teams or their fans. Im a philly fan and thats enough said. Yes the phils just did win the WS so that helped, but still ive seen and dealt with as much heartbreak in my 26yrs of life as any sports fan (with all their major sports teams combined).

FoSSi984
03-17-2009, 06:12 PM
I actually feel sorry for the Lakers cuz they don't have a true fan out there lol

abe_froman
03-17-2009, 06:14 PM
but it sucks being a bulls fan sometimes

KnicksorBust
03-17-2009, 06:18 PM
can we say players too? cuz right now it has to suck to be an iverson fan. the nuggets lose you and get billups and become amazing. the pistons (always great) get you and play below .500 basketball. then you get injured and they start winning again. a great player, one of the best scorers i've ever seen, dragged 4 defensive players to an nba finals, and now his rep as a great player is definately taking a hit.

DreamShaker
03-17-2009, 06:18 PM
but it sucks being a bulls fan sometimes

Eh...yall are one coach and gm firing away from being a good team...and there was that whole MJ era thing....

abe_froman
03-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Eh...yall are one coach and gm firing away from being a good team...and there was that whole MJ era thing....

post mj era has been pretty bad(hell pre mj era was pretty hit or miss to),and gm firings are hard to come by with this franchise,plus further way than that

LAX
03-17-2009, 06:23 PM
I actually feel sorry for the Lakers cuz they don't have a true fan out there lol
i feel sorry for LAker haters, cuz no matter how much they hate... the LAkers will always be one of the top teams in the nba lol

IBleedPurple
03-17-2009, 06:25 PM

:clap:

sexicano31
03-17-2009, 06:33 PM
For the past two years, the mets. First they blow a 7 game lead with 17 to play then get the best pitcher in the majors and cant crack the playoffs

dgreat5000
03-17-2009, 06:51 PM
The rockets...they never get out the 1st round cuz of the curse of tmac...their team is always solid, but they never get out.

jetsfan89
03-17-2009, 06:51 PM
For the past two years, the mets. First they blow a 7 game lead with 17 to play then get the best pitcher in the majors and cant crack the playoffs

first off, its an nba forum :D

second, shut up :cry:

ill go with the suns and the clippers

Cromedome
03-17-2009, 06:53 PM
It doesn't suck to be a Knick fan living in New York City...because even if the Knicks do play bad, hey, we still live in New York City.

(which is more than I can say for timberwolves fans and bobcat fans).

Kakaroach
03-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Clippers and Raptors. The two most disappointing teams this season.

xabial
03-17-2009, 06:56 PM
I live in NY and im a knicks fan. Its hard bein a knicks fan for 2 reasons.

1.we only have 2 rings which is pretty sad considering we are one of the most historical NBA franchises.
( the last was won '73) we should be like celtics and lakers.
2.We desperatly needed a PG. So they decide to draft a SF He injures his back into the 1st game into the summer league He has back problems that require surgery. No impact on this team this year. (2008 draft class was one of the most talented draft classes and we waste it on international player thats injury prone) Not to mention our 2nd highest pick in knicks history. Our startin Pg now is also unhealthy now.

We are stepping in the right direction though.

Sorry for my rant But now its off my chest :)

Hawkeye15
03-17-2009, 06:59 PM

yeah, feel for the Lakers too. No worry about salary cap, free agents love it there, sell out crowds, not making the playoffs is considered the biggest failure in franchise history. Tough stuff

MossIsBoss
03-17-2009, 07:06 PM
a clipper

LTS
03-17-2009, 07:15 PM

I'm not sure why a couple of you come in and out but this is under NBA which means you should be talking about NBA teams but no harm no foul just trying to inform you

Kings Faithful
03-17-2009, 07:21 PM
i feel sorry for LAker haters, cuz no matter how much they hate... the LAkers will always be one of the top teams in the nba lol

I love how some people say the Lakers have no future...they may have no future in young rising talent on their team but the league will never let the Lakers descend to the status of....lets say the Kings or the Wizards right now. When the Lakers lose Kobe or Pau the next thing you will see is a massive trade sending Sasha or Jordan Farmar for Brandon Roy or Lebron James or something along those lines. I wouldn't want to win all the time like the Lakers do anyways, its like playing NBA 2k9 and having all the best players on your team...it gets boring. If you never have to rebuild you can't get as attached to the players on your team and that's why you see Laker fans CONSTANTLY bashing on their own players until they have breakout games then all of a sudden "we love you Jordan Farmar!" Then if they don't perform well the next game its "WHATS WRONG WITH JORDAN!?!?!? TIME FOR A TRADE!!"

LTS
03-17-2009, 07:28 PM
I love how some people say the Lakers have no future...they may have no future in young rising talent on their team but the league will never let the Lakers descend to the status of....lets say the Kings or the Wizards right now. When the Lakers lose Kobe or Pau the next thing you will see is a massive trade sending Sasha or Jordan Farmar for Brandon Roy or Lebron James or something along those lines. I wouldn't want to win all the time like the Lakers do anyways, its like playing NBA 2k9 and having all the best players on your team...it gets boring. If you never have to rebuild you can't get as attached to the players on your team and that's why you see Laker fans CONSTANTLY bashing on their own players until they have breakout games then all of a sudden "we love you Jordan Farmar!" Then if they don't perform well the next game its "WHATS WRONG WITH JORDAN!?!?!? TIME FOR A TRADE!!"

Agreed

Just noticed your from Grass Valley as well LOL good point though

still1ballin
03-17-2009, 07:43 PM
i feel bad for the rest of the league because when bynum comes back on to the court.

wwwhat
03-17-2009, 07:46 PM
I'd say it'd suck to just not have any hometown team. Hell, I'd go watch the Clippers if they were the only team around me.

SaimoNETS
03-17-2009, 08:09 PM
it sucks to be a Nets fan sometimes.

at the beginning of the season, i was sure they'd hold on to the 7th seed in the east and then they started playing badly & injuries tore them apart.

And now, as it looked like they had a strong possibility of making the playoffs, Devin Harris gets injured. :(

God hates the Nets.

LA_Bron
03-17-2009, 08:11 PM
Clippers fan:
Sharing the city with the Lakers AND with a below .500 record? The only sell out games are when... you guessed it, when they play the Lakers. They don't play with a chip on their shoulder; they play with a Livingston's broken leg. Things can't be much worse unless you are a

Kings fan:
Longest drought to the NBA finals, ugly stadium surrounded by nothing. I thought they were passionate about their team but turns out 90% of them were bandwagons. Kings fans in PSD, you guys can defend yourselves and I fully do support you, but I know too many "hardcore" Kings fans in real life that just gave up on their team. Sorry we broke your hearts and swatted the only chance you guys had at a title. Robert Horry, anybody?

Honorable mention:

Knicks fans:
It should be noted that I am a fan of NY teams with the exception of the Mets. With such a deep, rich history, I can't imagine what fans in NY are going through with this ugly stench for the last few seasons. Chin up fellas! Marbury's contract finally comes off next season!

Cavs fans:
Every success you see must be bittersweet because you know it'll all be over in 2010, and you'll be talking about the good ol' days longer than LeBron's actual tenure in Cleavland. Yes, the good ol' days with zero championships.

LTS
03-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Clippers fan:
Sharing the city with the Lakers AND with a below .500 record? The only sell out games are when... you guessed it, when they play the Lakers. They don't play with a chip on their shoulder; they play with a Livingston's broken leg. Things can't be much worse unless you are a

Kings fan:
Longest drought to the NBA finals, ugly stadium surrounded by nothing. I thought they were passionate about their team but turns out 90% of them were bandwagons. Kings fans in PSD, you guys can defend yourselves and I fully do support you, but I know too many "hardcore" Kings fans in real life that just gave up on their team. Sorry we broke your hearts and swatted the only chance you guys had at a title. Robert Horry, anybody?

Honorable mention:

Knicks fans:
It should be noted that I am a fan of NY teams with the exception of the Mets. With such a deep, rich history, I can't imagine what fans in NY are going through with this ugly stench for the last few seasons. Chin up fellas! Marbury's contract finally comes off next season!

Cavs fans:
Every success you see must be bittersweet because you know it'll all be over in 2010, and you'll be talking about the good ol' days longer than LeBron's actual tenure in Cleavland. Yes, the good ol' days with zero championships.

yeah thats true to a degree we had some bandwagon fans that fell off but thats for the better and our problem is not Horry making that shot but mostly we have management to blame for our recent fall from grace

tsb77
03-17-2009, 08:27 PM
I have to say it must suck to be a Seattle fan, because at least the other fans have teams to root for.

LA_Bron
03-17-2009, 08:42 PM
I find most Kings fans on the PSD are respectful usually, and I really admire that. I can't say the same thing for the Laker fans. When it comes to our players, they are easily hated if they go a stretch where they don't put up numbers.

So tired of seeing "ZOMG TRADE *player name* he's trash!" Puke, Odumb, Gasoft... I've heard 'em all and it's borderline embarrassing seeing my own fans trash our players so quick so fast.

superkegger
03-17-2009, 09:07 PM
I don't think they have much of a future (mainly because a lot of people think Jefferson is going to bounce), but they at least have some options for their future. And I guess they had a good run with Garnett and Cassell.

I agree, it definitely is much worse to be a Clippers fan.

Jefferson signed an extension through 2012-2013. He's not bouncing any time soon.

It doesn't suck to be a Knick fan living in New York City...because even if the Knicks do play bad, hey, we still live in New York City.

(which is more than I can say for timberwolves fans and bobcat fans).

Can't speak for Charlotte, but Minneapolis/St. Paul is a beautiful area.

that is such ignorant BS man. The Lakers have had great ownership and management, and that is why they've been so successful. If the League was as fixated on not letting big time franchises sputter, why did the Celtics ahve about 20 years of medicority? Or the knicks have the recent what, 5 years of a complete **** team.

aloysius8
03-17-2009, 09:20 PM

This.

Rapsjaysleafs
03-17-2009, 09:30 PM
I know its an NBA thread but it sucks being a fan of all teams toronto
Raptors-Bosh leaving, Triano coach, Bargnani only bright spot
Leafs- 1967 - enough said
Jays-Who??
We still support though!

IversonIsKrazy
03-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Wow, it must suck to be a CLippers & Raps fan.

DenButsu
03-17-2009, 10:08 PM
The city of Seattle and all Seattle Supersonics fans

This is the correct answer.

IMHO

MAC10TIZZY
03-17-2009, 10:33 PM

IMHO

dont be a hipicrit, dude

_Sn1P3r_
03-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Wow, it must suck to be a CLippers & Raps fan.

:sigh:

EX-TREME
03-18-2009, 04:00 PM
clips

td0tsfinest
03-18-2009, 11:18 PM
hey its the circle of life..you'll be on the top one day and be at the bottom the next. Some teams stay longer at the bottom than usual and some teams stay at the top for a short time.

Big Zo
03-18-2009, 11:22 PM
I don't feel bad for any of the teams because all the players, excutives, and owners are a hell of a lot wealthier than me.

BroSweets
03-18-2009, 11:49 PM
It sucks being a Wizards fan. Automatically you have a target on your back because of who Gilbert Arenas is. Then, we can't keep any of the decent starters outside of Antawn Jamison healthy. I can't remember a time when the Wizards had their entire starting lineup healthy, and I'm afraid I never will see a time when that happens.

theuuord
03-18-2009, 11:49 PM

IMHO

Exactly what I was going to say.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Definitely the Clippers.

Kyle916
03-18-2009, 11:57 PM
As a Kings fan, it sucks to be one... badly.

extreme k.closs
03-19-2009, 12:02 AM
As a Kings fan, it sucks to be one... badly.

sums it all up

Where's KG?
03-19-2009, 12:04 AM

Homer......I dont think anyone is winning 72 anytime soon. Hell the Celtics last year had Allen, Pierce, and KG healthy all year.....and they couldnt even do it.

Also, gotta go with Sonics hands down......TWolves fan here that lives in Portland Oregon. I have never seen such a faithful city have the heart of its sports just pulled out and gone in literally an offseason. Its so wierd how this league works....I watch the Blazers just rise and rise each of the 6 years I have lived out here. (Moved from Minnesota) I see the Wolves crumble and begin to rebuild, and the Sonics just get pulled out and moved where.....Oklahoma F^%&IN City......Im not hatin on OKC, but Seattle loved them boyz.

Drunk Kosar 19
03-19-2009, 12:22 AM
....a white man

thrilla11
03-19-2009, 12:45 AM
i feel sorry for Laker fans because they win all the time and don't get into the lottery every year
shhheesshhhh how boring is that
X]

theLgndKllr35
03-19-2009, 01:09 AM
Mets fan in September

LAX
03-19-2009, 01:26 AM
are you an idiot? they lost games with him in the line up at the beginning of the season!!
you do know there are 82 games in the regular season. who's the idiot now lol

Kyle N.
03-19-2009, 01:33 AM
Clippers fan:

Kings fan:

Honorable mention:

Knicks fans:

Cavs fans:

The arena isn't surrounded by nothing. You make it seem like the Kings will never get another chance at a championship. And you can have good ol' days even if you don't win a championship. The Kings didn't win a championship and their years from 2000-2005 or so are considered the good ol' days because it was fun and exciting basketball to watch that most Kings fans will remember for a while.

KG2TB
03-19-2009, 01:58 AM
Definitely have to say the Clippers. Yikes!

mrblisterdundee
03-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Wow, it must suck to be a Clippers fan.

knickfan33
03-19-2009, 07:07 PM
It definetly was the knicks, but as a knick fan, i dont feel sorry anymore.
Now that we put Walsh in charge we seem to be headed in the right direction.
Def, the Thunder.... It's gonna be a while before they get a good fan base... even with the future stars....

the nets too... the nets haev been consistently good for years, and still no1 shows up to watch the nets.

knickfan33
03-19-2009, 07:10 PM
i feel sorry for Laker fans because they win all the time and don't get into the lottery every year
shhheesshhhh how boring is that
X]

lmao i hope thats sarcasm......

that just made me think of shaq.... so i feel bad for the magic... who wouldnt pay shaq 100 million, only to give it to rashrd lewis...lmao....

could you imagine shaq and howard?

BSD8393
03-19-2009, 07:35 PM
I feel bad for Laker fans, because mental retardation does not sound fun.

lorenz00
03-19-2009, 07:54 PM
clippers!!! it sucks to be a clippers fan because Lakers is running the show %_% and Raptors! most disappointing team in the NBA!

VCaintdead17
03-19-2009, 07:55 PM
It kinda sucks being a pacer fan. :(
It sucks how you are not sure if your franchise will even be around in 3-4 years.

KobeIs
03-20-2009, 03:29 AM
The Clippers, they always find a way to suck.

:clap:

Shortys4711
03-20-2009, 03:59 AM

LMAO Yeah right

Wheel
03-20-2009, 04:21 AM
I feel bad for the Clippers Owner seeing that he has to put up with Elgin Baylor's crying and accusations of prejudice, discrimination etc, despite keeping Baylor on for so many years with losing teams and horrible lottery picks. They should have gotten rid of Baylor after two years and not kept him around so long. So what he is a Hall of Famer he is not a good executive nor does he have an eye for talent. Buy him a rocking chair.

Breatnach
03-20-2009, 06:50 AM
Hmm, although I can't say it is the worst - but being a Wolves fan has not been easy.

Mostly because you can't do anything about the fact that your GM keeps making one bad at a time (though the last two years have been an improvement). We had a future Hall of Famer and in ten years, only one year were we able to perform. Prior to that, the GM was greedy and tried to cheat the NBA (I think he personally should have been liable, and should have lost his job instead of the team being fined) and the year following the WCF, Spree and SamIam became greedy and played lack-hearted when they were denied their extensions.

Furthermore, you can't ever hope to land a real Superstar (even before they actually are Superstars, like Mayo), because no one seems to be keen on living in Minnesota.

And because this franchise has never been really successfull and doesn't enjoy a huge fan-base (attendance), I constantly find myself afraid of reading the headline that our owner has lost interest and will sell...

The pickle on the crap sandwhich is the fact that the last team to leave Minnesota and relocate has become arguably one of the most successfull in the History of the NBA.

Ok, sorry for that... normally I don't whine like that, but it feels good to get it off my chest! :)

And actually I'm looking forward to the off season, when we most likely have 4 first rounders to pick and trade from and hopefully also healthy starters in Foye, Al, Love, Brewer (& others)

Looking forward to seeing the 09-10 Wolves and a young nucleus of players growing together and a combination of draft picks and expiring contracts to trade for the missing pieces to at least make the playoffs again!

BigEric
03-20-2009, 06:51 AM
The bandwagon Kings fans were the fans that were at the Oracle when they beat Dallas.

I'm as big a Kings fan as the next and I live in Jersey and still support.

The Kings will be back, the rivalry will be as well.

I wouldn't want to be a Pacers fan, just because of the fact that one of knows anything about them. People know the Clippers suck. I don't know ,haha, I'd rather be known for something than to be not known at all.

LA_Bron
03-27-2009, 07:43 AM
The arena isn't surrounded by nothing. You make it seem like the Kings will never get another chance at a championship. And you can have good ol' days even if you don't win a championship. The Kings didn't win a championship and their years from 2000-2005 or so are considered the good ol' days because it was fun and exciting basketball to watch that most Kings fans will remember for a while.

I guess with zero champs in your life time (assuming you weren't born in the 50s) you have to remember the times you got close. Sorry, call us spoiled but in lala land, it's title or nada. Don't care how much fun and exciting game your team plays-I'll take a snooze team championship like the Spurs over an exciting team. I'm sure it was fun and all, but do you really consider heartbroken years a "good ol' days"?

JayW_1023
03-27-2009, 10:54 AM
The Timberwolves...they were showing alot of promise and they made some good moves...and they finally got a sucker to take Rashad McCants off their hands.

The good thing is that their young guys can develope now so they should be in much better shape next year...especially if they get a high draft pick.

illhoops
03-27-2009, 12:37 PM
I'd have to say the Knicks first. They have some nice young talent, but Isaiah kind of put them in a bad situation. They've made some nice moves recently by getting rid of Randolph and Marbury so Free Agency should be interesting next season.

Secondly, I'd have to say the Bulls. I know the 6 championships were a while back, but the expectations have always been high for this team. Pax needs to make some moves!

Follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/illhoops

DerekRE_3
03-27-2009, 01:10 PM
I guess with zero champs in your life time (assuming you weren't born in the 50s) you have to remember the times you got close. Sorry, call us spoiled but in lala land, it's title or nada. Don't care how much fun and exciting game your team plays-I'll take a snooze team championship like the Spurs over an exciting team. I'm sure it was fun and all, but do you really consider heartbroken years a "good ol' days"?

Yeah, I do. That was beautiful basketball to watch. Everyone touched the ball, and it seemed like guys were more happy if they got a nice assist rather than a made shot. That team had amazing chemistry, and pretty much everyone on that team said that they have never been on a team like that in their careers.

Kyle N.
03-27-2009, 04:35 PM

The Kings weren't just exciting they were good. And yeah I have so many great memories from the time. So the fact we didn't get a plus one in the championship column means that none of it mattered and that I should forget that all of it happened? No, obviously not. Those Kings were great to watch back in the good ol' days.