PDA

View Full Version : Sean Williams released from jail after arrest in Denver for disorderly conduct

DenButsu
03-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Nets' Williams out of jail, facing charges

New Jersey Nets forward Sean Williams was released from the Douglas County Jail on Monday night after trashing a computer monitor and other electronics inside a Park Meadows mall store earlier in the day, police said.

Lone Tree police were called to the AT&T Mobility store about 2 p.m. Williams was arguing with a clerk when he picked up the computer monitor and threw it, destroying a printer and other equipment in the process, police reported.

The damages were estimated at about $1,300.

Williams, 22, faces mis-demeanor disorderly conduct and criminal mischief charges.

Nets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe told The Associated Press the team was aware of the incident and looking into it. Williams was not free from jail in time to play in Monday's game against the Nuggets at the Pepsi Center.

Williams, a former first-round draft pick for the Nets, earns $1.3 million this season.

The Nets declined to provide him an attorney, The Newark Star-Ledger newspaper reported.

"That's up to him," Nets president Rod Thorn told the newspaper.

Thorn did not know whether Williams would accompany the team on its flight home after the game. Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_11929695?source=rss)

theimortalone
03-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Wow.... :pity:

Gibby23
03-17-2009, 10:43 AM
I thought you were saying the Nets released him.

DenButsu
03-17-2009, 11:17 AM

Sorry for the confusion, I just edited the thread title to "released from jail" for clarification.

king4day
03-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Time for the Net's to part ways with this one. They gave him a chance and he's blown it time and time again.
The guy is given an opportunity most would give their left nut for, and instead of embracing it, he ****'s on it. What an *******.

UK Bull
03-17-2009, 12:55 PM

They should do. What is wrong with him? he's got some issues

what54!?
03-17-2009, 01:08 PM
two words. Anger management

carter15
03-17-2009, 02:24 PM
he was just starting to play well also...i dont think we shud release him...he has the potential to be a very solid player and was giving us grat minutes off the bench....im sure something can be done about his attitude.

magichatnumber9
03-17-2009, 03:22 PM
he was just starting to play well also...i dont think we shud release him...he has the potential to be a very solid player and was giving us grat minutes off the bench....im sure something can be done about his attitude.

Thats the wrong mentality to have with this guy. He needs time away from the game to get some councling and help. A good game will make you feel good for an hour or two and then your issues come storming back. This guys blew it with B.C and keeps having these legal problems. I hope he gets it together.

jkiddvc20
03-17-2009, 03:31 PM
WTF is wrong with him everytime the Nets give him another chance he blows it. Sean has got to go. It is such a shame with his ability he could of been something special but is just sh***** it away.

Verbal Christ
03-17-2009, 03:32 PM
sounds like another eddie griffin. hopefully it doesnt end the same way for williams.

jimbobjarree
03-17-2009, 03:34 PM
I wish I was a lone tree policeman

DenButsu
03-17-2009, 06:52 PM
I wish I was a lone tree policeman

Why?

(I definitely am really glad I'm not a Lone Tree policeman).

Kakaroach
03-17-2009, 07:17 PM
two words. Anger management Lol true that. This guy obviously needs to take some time off from the NBA. I feel bad for Nets fans, first Devin Harris now this.

jimbobjarree
03-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Why?

(I definitely am really glad I'm not a Lone Tree policeman).

sounded cool

superkegger
03-17-2009, 07:49 PM
What a waste of talent. People like that piss me off. I've got no talent or size or height or nothing, and these ****wads that have it, throw it away. ****ing worthless piece of trash.