03-17-2009, 01:43 AM
Must be spring.

Hockeytown
03-17-2009, 04:42 PM
I missed it what happened?

Tragedy
03-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Last I heard anything was on the 15th..

Tigers manager Jim Leyland admitted Sunday that he has "serious doubts" about whether Joel Zumaya will be ready for Opening Day.
Zumaya hasn't pitched in a game since he felt soreness in his shoulder earlier this month. The Tigers have several different options to fill his late-inning vacancy, including Juan Rincon and Casey Fien. Leyland had a few nice things to say about the 24-year-old Fien on Sunday: "He looked good. The track record says he's a strike thrower."
Source: Rotoworld.com

I have serious doubts as to whether or not Zumaya will ever become the pitcher we all thought he could have been.

mark1125
03-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Last I heard anything was on the 15th..

Source: Rotoworld.com

I have serious doubts as to whether or not Zumaya will ever become the pitcher we all thought he could have been.

I am there with ya Tragedy. Million dollar arm and questionable brains + injuries. He may prove yet to be useful, but nothing near what we expected in 06'.

stanpapi
03-17-2009, 10:56 PM
...or the new Steve-O, but I've seen this movie too many times. I feel for the guy, and I hope against hope that he proves me wrong. But I don't see this working out.

JackB
03-18-2009, 07:19 AM
WHAT ?? I am in shock . Injured?? We were counting on him.

mark1125
03-18-2009, 07:31 AM
WHAT ?? I am in shock . Injured?? We were counting on him.

That was our first mistake.

JackB
03-19-2009, 07:29 AM
They should send him to the minors IF he ever gets healthy and keep him there .IF he stays heathy ALL season maybe take a look at him NEXT year.I would forget about counting on him for this season. Move foward like he isn't even on the roster. Well we did get one year of hope from him. NEXT !!!

theoldgoalie
03-19-2009, 04:05 PM
They should send him to the minors IF he ever gets healthy and keep him there .IF he stays heathy ALL season maybe take a look at him NEXT year.I would forget about counting on him for this season. Move foward like he isn't even on the roster. Well we did get one year of hope from him. NEXT !!!

Let him live the life down below and maybe that will light a fire under his butt. All he has really done is take up space on this roster since 2007. Maybe if he does well in the minors, we can trade him off and get some value for him. Right now it is just not working out and it seems that he has taken a page right out of Fernando Rodney's book......"How to make a living in the Majors strictly on potential." Rodney has done a great job of that for the last few years and now it seems Zumaya is doing the same.....Cut these bums loose...If it comes back to bite us.....So be it, but I truly doubt it will.

Tragedy
03-19-2009, 06:33 PM
I am there with ya Tragedy. Million dollar arm and questionable brains + injuries. He may prove yet to be useful, but nothing near what we expected in 06'.
I think some day he may prove worthy of being a solid pitcher, but I don't think he'll ever claim the role as being the super Closer that most thought he could be.

Kind of sad.

stanpapi
03-30-2009, 09:09 AM

Every time we bring him back, he's going to straighten out the pen, then he leaves it in more trouble than he found it. Just leave him in AAA for a good year, or at least most of it. The guy has to (A) recover, then (B) prove that he can be relied upon every day (and that we don't have to worry about Guitar Hero injuries, stunt bike injuries, bull pen injuries, or just injury for the sake of injuries. He's real-life version of Nuke Laloosh -- million-dollar arm, 10-cent head.

michigansports8
03-30-2009, 03:40 PM
stan i agree he hasnt had succes for a complete year with out injury since 2006 and honestly i knew he was going to be an injury hazard not many peopele can throw 100 through a succesfull carreer? not kerry wood hes just a perfect example of what happens when you push the mph. And honestly im getting sick of even talking about zumya i dont even remember the last time i saw him pitch? i say send him to the minors and if he plays lousy then keep him down there until his contract expires theres no reason wasteing a good spot in the bullpen with some one season wondor in 06 thats been injury prone ever since. note he was somehwat succesful in 07? but i still dont have much faith in him what do you guys think? i am sad tho that he wasnt as succesful as we thought hed be kinda another mark fidrich?