PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Wrigleyboy25
03-16-2009, 08:31 PM
http://www.mlive.com/sports/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/03/big_ten_will_outshine_big_east.html

It's one thing to say the Big 10 is better than the Big East (as goofy as that is)...but it is totally different to say each BE team will lose in the first or second round...including OSU "rocking" Lville's world.

Wake's Fastball
03-16-2009, 09:12 PM
He's an idiot is what's wrong with him. Yeah, I think the top Big East teams have some serious problems with consistency, but not when compared to the top Big 10 teams. Whatever, to each his own.

Wake's Fastball
03-16-2009, 09:13 PM
The fact that he's writing in the middle of Big 10 country doesn't help things either.

superkegger
03-16-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm a big ten fan, but the big east is clearly so much better. Plus I feel like big ten teams tend to choke in the tourney. I don't know if the stats back that up, just a general feeling. I guess it's probably due to the fact that I probably pick big ten teams to go farther than they should. lol

mkool65
03-16-2009, 09:43 PM
mlive has about as biased of reporting as you can get. Big East is better than the Big Ten by a significant amount, not as much as the AP top 25 would indicate but still by some amount.

Mane
03-16-2009, 09:58 PM
considering Maryland beat the best team in the big ten, yet lost to Georgetown, I'm pretty sure the big east is better.

Padres Son
03-16-2009, 10:35 PM
I wouldn't consider that journalism. It's a ridiculous opinion piece.

superkegger
03-16-2009, 10:44 PM
considering Maryland beat the best team in the big ten, yet lost to Georgetown, I'm pretty sure the big east is better.

Thats a horrible way to look at it. The Big East is better, but that's just a horrible way to look at it.

That's like saying, Western Kentucky beat Louisville, yet lost to Houston, Conference USA must better.

dbroncos78087
03-16-2009, 11:29 PM
I dont know much about CBB but when a conference gets 3 #1 seeds and several other top seeds (at least 2 #3 seeds i believe) and some other lower ones they are probably pretty good.

croce_99
03-17-2009, 02:56 AM
I wouldn't consider that journalism. It's a ridiculous opinion piece.

The guy did a great job with that piece. The fact we're talking about his article means he succeeded.

Obviously his article wasn't realistic at all, but most journalists don't write what everyone wants to read. They have to "spice" it up a little bit and this idiot sure did :laugh2:

Mane
03-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Thats a horrible way to look at it. The Big East is better, but that's just a horrible way to look at it.

That's like saying, Western Kentucky beat Louisville, yet lost to Houston, Conference USA must better.

Thats true... but Maryland beat 2 pretty good Big Ten teams.. yet got destroyed by Georgetown..

It is a bad way to look at it, but i really think the big ten is absolutely nowhere near the caliber of the big east.

mkool65
03-17-2009, 03:29 PM
So since Michigan beat UCLA, the Big Ten is better than the Pac 10
MSU beat Texas so we are better than the Big 12
Penn State also beat GT so we got the ACC beat
And Minnesota beat Louisville so that cancels out Maryland beating us who lost to Georgetown so we are equal with the Big East. Awesome, tied for the best conference.

/thread

Mane
03-17-2009, 03:37 PM
So since Michigan beat UCLA, the Big Ten is better than the Pac 10
MSU beat Texas so we are better than the Big 12
Penn State also beat GT so we got the ACC beat
And Minnesota beat Louisville so that cancels out Maryland beating us who lost to Georgetown so we are equal with the Big East. Awesome, tied for the best conference.

/thread

Didn't I just ****ing say thats a bad way to look at it?

Thats true... but Maryland beat 2 pretty good Big Ten teams.. yet got destroyed by Georgetown..

It is a bad way to look at it, but i really think the big ten is absolutely nowhere near the caliber of the big east.

Oh i guess not :rolleyes:

Fool
03-17-2009, 08:04 PM
As much as I agree with the idea of the Big East being (obviously) better than the Big Ten, I really am getting sick of all the Big Ten hate.

thesparky33
03-19-2009, 03:06 AM
The Big Ten really only has 1 top tier team this year in MSU, but the strength the conference has is that all of the other teams are strong solid teams from 2nd to 8th place, with only a few teams being pretty bad. Only 4 teams didnt make the tournament... that's pretty good.

DamnGoat
03-19-2009, 03:26 AM
The guy is just a Big Ten homer.

I love the Big Ten, but the only two teams I see as serious Final Four contenders are Purdue and Michigan State, that's it. Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Minnesota and Michigan will probably all be done after the first weekend.

But I will say, as a conference the Big Ten was a tad underrated this year. They have this reputation for ugly basketball and all that garbage, but it was a very good season top to bottom with 7 NCAA bids and Penn State just barely missing the cut.

Sport
03-19-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm bias towards the Big Ten, but that comment is quite ridiculous. The Big Ten is SOOOO inconsistant, it's actually hard to watch sometimes.

MoJay
03-19-2009, 01:28 PM
I don't think Ohio State will rock UL world but I hope so and I don't think it will be a blowout like everyone expects I mean it is in Dayton and I am looking forward to a close game even with a chance of OSU winning

Ollie Tabooger
03-19-2009, 09:45 PM
That guy really is an idiot. I'm a wisconsin fan, but i think the Big Ten is highly overrated. Dickie V said earlier that he thinks the Big Ten is the 3rd best conference behind the Big East and the ACC. I don't even think that. The Big 12 is easily better than the Big Ten. Theres no way any of that guy's predictions will happen, especially wisconsin in the elite 8, and Michigan in the finals? Seriously? They'll be out by the 2nd round

Ollie Tabooger
03-19-2009, 09:47 PM
I don't think Ohio State will rock UL world but I hope so and I don't think it will be a blowout like everyone expects I mean it is in Dayton and I am looking forward to a close game even with a chance of OSU winning

you gotta get passed siena first

RHBoys
03-21-2009, 03:48 AM
Sorry...I'm still heartbroken over UCLA's failure to put the ball in the hole 3 years in a row. Wowzer!!! ((((Sniffles))))

Padres Son
03-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Scorecard right now...

Big East -- 6-1
Teams remaining: Pitt, UConn, Louisville, Syracuse, Marquette, Villanova

Big Ten -- 4-3
Teams remaining: Michigan, Michigan St., Purdue, Wisconsin

and just for the hell of it...

ACC -- 3-4
Teams remaining: UNC, Duke, Maryland