PDA

View Full Version : The Western Conference Playoff Race - Last day seeding breakdown (update)

DenButsu
03-16-2009, 09:13 AM
My latest blog entry (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/blog.php?b=211). :cool:
........(if you had a few extra minutes, you could read my other ones too, hint, hint, cough, cough.... :smoking: )

-------------------------------

With just about one month remaining in the regular season we can start talking in a more meaningful way now about the Western Conference playoff picture. We may start to see some separation between some individual teams and maybe an upper seed pack and a lower seed pack.

Overall, the seeding in the West, with the obvious exception of the Lakers (who have already locked up the Pacific Division title), is still completely up in the air. The Spurs still look pretty solid to finish at the 2 seed and take the Southwest, but with only 2.5 games up separating them from the pack, and the 3-8 seeds currently only separated by 2.5 games themselves, the field really remains wide open. And the Northwest Division race, where the top 3 teams are now separated by just a single game, looks like it just might go right down to the wire, possibly even being decided when Denver and Portland play their final game of the season against each other.

Here are the NBA standings by conference. (http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html)

As of this post they look like this:

Western W L PCT GB CONF DIV
L.A. Lakers 1p 53 13 0.803 0.0 36-7 11-2
San Antonio 2 44 21 0.677 8.5 28-11 9-4
Houston 3 43 25 0.632 11.0 27-13 6-6
Denver 4 42 25 0.627 11.5 26-14 9-3
New Orleans 5 41 24 0.631 11.5 23-14 6-3
Portland 6 41 25 0.621 12.0 21-19 7-5
Utah 7 41 26 0.612 12.5 28-11 9-3
Dallas 8 40 27 0.597 13.5 22-20 5-7
Phoenix -- 36 31 0.537 17.5 22-17 9-4

I think it's going to be difficult for New Orleans, in spite of CP3's badassitude, to hold on to that 5 spot. The final stretch of their schedule is positively brutal: Utah. @ Miami. Phoenix. @ Dallas. Dallas. @ Houston. @ San Antonio. 6 of 7 against playoff teams, and 4 of 7 on the road. Tough stuff for them to be facing when they're trying to claw their way up past Houston and San Antonio, and keep Dallas from passing them by.

Houston is a big question mark for me. They're 11-4 over the last month since losing T-Mac, but I still wonder whether they can sustain that kind of play without him through the final stretch. And 10 of their final 14 look like pretty tough games to me (@ New Orleans. Detroit. @ San Antonio. @ Utah. @ Phoenix. @ LA Lakers. Portland. Orlando. New Orleans. @ Dallas). I think they'll probably get passed by by the top 2 teams in the NW.

And that Nortwest Division is the biggest question mark of all. For a while there it looked like Denver was going to drop off, and Portland and Utah have both been the talk of the town. But then, both those teams have just started finding ways to lose some games while the Nuggets have reversed their skid. And to me it looks like schedules favor the Nuggets the most and operate against Portland the most, with Utah right there in the middle. Portland also runs the risk of their inexperience getting the better of them in the final stretch. And in spite of Denver's recent slump and Utah's recent surge, I see both of those teams returning to trajectories that are more reflective of their current winning percentages. Additionally, 9 of Portland's remaning 16 games and 8 of Utah's 15 are on the road, where both teams have struggled this season (with the Blazers at 13-20 and the Jazz at 13-19 away from home). So it may just be this Nuggets fan's wishful thinking, but I see them emerging with the division title.

At the bottom of things, I think it'll stay the same, with Dallas holding onto that 8th seed not quite able to climb their way up the pecking order, and Phoenix unable to claw their way back into the playoff picture.

So with all of that said, here is my prediction:

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Nuggets
4. Jazz
5. Rockets
6. Blazers
7. Hornets
8. Mavericks

Where do you think things will end up?

cro_2pac
03-16-2009, 09:40 AM
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Jazz
4. Rockets
5. Hornets
6. Blazers
7. Nuggets
8. Mavericks
this is my prediction

lakers4sho
03-16-2009, 10:09 AM
At the very least, I think that the Nuggets will surpass the Blazers. It's going to be a neck-to-neck race between Nuggets, Jazz, and Rockets for 3rd seed IMO.

todu82
03-16-2009, 10:16 AM
1. L.a. Lakers
2. San Antonio
3. Houston
4. Utah
5. New Orleans
6. Denver
7. Portland
8. Dallas

jimbobjarree
03-16-2009, 11:15 AM
what a suprise your latest blog came after the Nuggets finally win 2 games :eyebrow:

1: Lakers
2: San Antonio
3: Houston
4: Jazz
5: Denver
6: Portland
7: New Orleans
8: Dallas

DenButsu
03-16-2009, 11:33 AM
what a suprise your latest blog came after the Nuggets finally win 2 games :eyebrow:

:laugh2:

Uh-huh, dude.

What a surprise.

Actually, the big "coincidence" is that it's exactly one month before the end of the season. That's the reason for the timing.

And in fact, even though the Nuggets have the div. lead right now, I still consider it essentially a 3-way tie. On any given day (or two days) it could change at this point. I know how tentative their hold is on it.

So if it will make you feel better, if Utah passes us by later on, please feel free to go ahead and post the updated standings.

:clap:

JordansBulls
03-16-2009, 01:30 PM
My latest blog entry (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/blog.php?b=211). :cool:
........(if you had a few extra minutes, you could read my other ones too, hint, hint, cough, cough.... :smoking: )

-------------------------------

With just about one month remaining in the regular season we can start talking in a more meaningful way now about the Western Conference playoff picture. We may start to see some separation between some individual teams and maybe an upper seed pack and a lower seed pack.

Overall, the seeding in the West, with the obvious exception of the Lakers (who have already locked up the Pacific Division title), is still completely up in the air. The Spurs still look pretty solid to finish at the 2 seed and take the Southwest, but with only 2.5 games up separating them from the pack, and the 3-8 seeds currently only separated by 2.5 games themselves, the field really remains wide open. And the Northwest Division race, where the top 3 teams are now separated by just a single game, looks like it just might go right down to the wire, possibly even being decided when Denver and Portland play their final game of the season against each other.

Here are the NBA standings by conference. (http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html)

As of this post they look like this:

Western W L PCT GB CONF DIV
L.A. Lakers 1p 53 13 0.803 0.0 36-7 11-2
San Antonio 2 44 21 0.677 8.5 28-11 9-4
Houston 3 43 25 0.632 11.0 27-13 6-6
Denver 4 42 25 0.627 11.5 26-14 9-3
New Orleans 5 41 24 0.631 11.5 23-14 6-3
Portland 6 41 25 0.621 12.0 21-19 7-5
Utah 7 41 26 0.612 12.5 28-11 9-3
Dallas 8 40 27 0.597 13.5 22-20 5-7
Phoenix -- 36 31 0.537 17.5 22-17 9-4

I think it's going to be difficult for New Orleans, in spite of CP3's badassitude, to hold on to that 5 spot. The final stretch of their schedule is positively brutal: Utah. @ Miami. Phoenix. @ Dallas. Dallas. @ Houston. @ San Antonio. 6 of 7 against playoff teams, and 4 of 7 on the road. Tough stuff for them to be facing when they're trying to claw their way up past Houston and San Antonio, and keep Dallas from passing them by.

Houston is a big question mark for me. They're 11-4 over the last month since losing T-Mac, but I still wonder whether they can sustain that kind of play without him through the final stretch. And 10 of their final 14 look like pretty tough games to me (@ New Orleans. Detroit. @ San Antonio. @ Utah. @ Phoenix. @ LA Lakers. Portland. Orlando. New Orleans. @ Dallas). I think they'll probably get passed by by the top 2 teams in the NW.

And that Nortwest Division is the biggest question mark of all. For a while there it looked like Denver was going to drop off, and Portland and Utah have both been the talk of the town. But then, both those teams have just started finding ways to lose some games while the Nuggets have reversed their skid. And to me it looks like schedules favor the Nuggets the most and operate against Portland the most, with Utah right there in the middle. Portland also runs the risk of their inexperience getting the better of them in the final stretch. And in spite of Denver's recent slump and Utah's recent surge, I see both of those teams returning to trajectories that are more reflective of their current winning percentages. Additionally, 9 of Portland's remaning 16 games and 8 of Utah's 15 are on the road, where both teams have struggled this season (with the Blazers at 13-20 and the Jazz at 13-19 away from home). So it may just be this Nuggets fan's wishful thinking, but I see them emerging with the division title.

At the bottom of things, I think it'll stay the same, with Dallas holding onto that 8th seed not quite able to climb their way up the pecking order, and Phoenix unable to claw their way back into the playoff picture.

So with all of that said, here is my prediction:

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Nuggets
4. Jazz
5. Rockets
6. Blazers
7. Hornets
8. Mavericks

Where do you think things will end up?

Honestly for the Mavs they would do better getting the 7th seed because they always play the Spurs well. Not sure who wants the 8th seed, but if anyone has a chance against the Lakers it would be Portland or New Orleans.

New Orleans has shown they can win in LA while Portland has shown LA can't win at Portland. Either of those two teams would give the Lakers all they can handle. Lakers would still eventually win, but having a long series will hurt them in later rounds.

DenButsu
03-16-2009, 01:33 PM
What do you think of the Mavs' chances to actually climb up into 6-7 territory?

Fire&Ice2&33
03-16-2009, 01:42 PM
-----HOUSTON ROCKETS HOUSTON ROCKETS HOUSTON ROCKETS-----

as long as we get a top 4 spot im good...and we dont care who we take on!!! Yao is ready to step up!! lol who is ready

what54!?
03-16-2009, 01:49 PM
-----HOUSTON ROCKETS HOUSTON ROCKETS HOUSTON ROCKETS-----

as long as we get a top 4 spot im good...and we dont care who we take on!!! Yao is ready to step up!! lol who is ready
better hope its not the jazz.....

jimbobjarree
03-16-2009, 02:48 PM

Uh-huh, dude.

What a surprise.

Actually, the big "coincidence" is that it's exactly one month before the end of the season. That's the reason for the timing.

And in fact, even though the Nuggets have the div. lead right now, I still consider it essentially a 3-way tie. On any given day (or two days) it could change at this point. I know how tentative their hold is on it.

So if it will make you feel better, if Utah passes us by later on, please feel free to go ahead and post the updated standings.

:clap:

haha I shall lol, should be an interesting end in the northwest

RealistRocket34
03-16-2009, 02:53 PM
1. Lakers

2. Spurs

3. Rockets

4. Jazz

5. Hornets

6. Nuggets

7. Mavericks

8. Blazers

lakerboy
03-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Let's go Phoenix,........ SHOOT FOR #8!!

Nirvanaskurdt
03-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Watch out for PHX .. they have a slim...super slim shot of catching the 8th spot. WORD.:cool:

superkegger
03-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Honestly for the Mavs they would do better getting the 7th seed because they always play the Spurs well. Not sure who wants the 8th seed, but if anyone has a chance against the Lakers it would be Portland or New Orleans.

New Orleans has shown they can win in LA while Portland has shown LA can't win at Portland. Either of those two teams would give the Lakers all they can handle. Lakers would still eventually win, but having a long series will hurt them in later rounds.

I don't think New Orleans has that great of a chance against the Lakers The season series is tied 2-2, but we beat them in New Orleans twice, once when they had peja, the second time they didn't. Then they beat us the next time in LA, and then we beat them. I'm not sure that's showing the ability to handle the Lakers when you lose the season series 3-1 and lose both home games.

Portland on the other hand would be a bad matchup for the Lakers. We can't win in the Rose Garden. Though the Blazers haven't had much of any success at Staples. IT would probably got 6 or 7 games. Just a bad matchup for the lakers.

What do you think of the Mavs' chances to actually climb up into 6-7 territory?

Zero.

king4day
03-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Let's go Phoenix,........ SHOOT FOR #8!!

Not sure that's exactly who LA fans should be rooting for. Better off hope we miss out. Without Bynum back, Shaq will be a real thorn for the Lakers.

Chronz
03-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Lakers
Spurs
Jazz
Rockets
Hornets
Nuggets
Blazers
Mavs

Gibby23
03-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Not sure that's exactly who LA fans should be rooting for. Better off hope we miss out. Without Bynum back, Shaq will be a real thorn for the Lakers.

Not really, with or without Bynum Lakers would win in 5.

Chronz
03-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Watch out for PHX .. they have a slim...super slim shot of catching the 8th spot. WORD.:cool:

Its not as slim as you think, they have a really easy schedule to close out the year. They could reach 48 Wins but they have to beat Dallas.

Flash812
03-16-2009, 05:10 PM
New Orleans will get either the 3rd or 4th seed. They have won 9 of last 11 and lots of the team had the flu against Chicago which they played horrible. LA, SA, N.O. and Utah are the 4 best teams and only ones with a chance to get to the Finals.

Kakaroach
03-16-2009, 05:33 PM
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Nuggets
4. Jazz
5. Rockets
6. Hornets
7. Blazers
8. Mavs

x_notorious
03-16-2009, 06:59 PM
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Nuggets
4. Jazz
5. Hornets
6. Blazers
7. Rockets
8. Mavericks

DenButsu
03-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Its not as slim as you think, they have a really easy schedule to close out the year. They could reach 48 Wins but they have to beat Dallas.

You think 48 wins buys the 8th seed? I guess possibly so, but if Dallas, at 27 losses now, maintains their current clip of a .597 winning percentage, they'll finish at 49-33. And teams in the West around this time have tended to finish strong.

I'm thinking 49 could open the door, but nobody's safe without 50.

The Answer3
03-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Nugz have the easiest schedule so they should come outta the NW. I picture something like this:

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Rockets
4. Nuggets
5. Hornets
6. Blazers
7. Utah
8. Mavs

Young2Kinsler
03-17-2009, 11:25 AM
what do you think of the mavs' chances to actually climb up into 6-7 territory?

zero

Young2Kinsler
03-17-2009, 11:27 AM

I hope Phoenix pulls it off. I'd be so thrilled if Dallas doesn't make the playoffs.

DenButsu
03-20-2009, 08:15 AM
Some of the games in the upcoming week that could potentially cause some shifting in the WC standings:

Friday, March 20
Boston at San Antonio

Sunday, March 22
Houston at San Antonio

Monday, March 23
Denver at Phoenix

Tuesday, March 24
Houston at Utah

Wednesday, March 25
Denver at New Orleans
Utah at Phoenix

Thursday, March 26
Phoenix at Portland

Also, looking at this tough stretch of their remaining schedule, I have a hard time seeing Phoenix (currently 3 1/2 games out of the playoffs) stealing that 8th seed:

Mon, Mar 23 Denver
Wed, Mar 25 Utah
Thu, Mar 26 @ Portland
Sat, Mar 28 @ Utah
Sun, Mar 29 @ Sacramento
Wed, Apr 1 Houston
Fri, Apr 3 Sacramento
Sun, Apr 5 @ Dallas
Wed, Apr 8 @ New Orleans

Verbal Christ
03-20-2009, 08:30 AM
i wish PHX would catch Dallas. Lakers vs PHX would be must see TV in my house. and how much better could it get then watching shaq destroy the lakers?

DenButsu
03-20-2009, 09:46 AM
i wish PHX would catch Dallas. Lakers vs PHX would be must see TV in my house. and how much better could it get then watching shaq destroy the lakers?

I don't consider the Lakers invincible, but if they get taken out I don't think it will look like destruction - attrition is more like it. And I'd put their chance of falling in the first round like Dallas did at close to zero.

JordansBulls
03-20-2009, 10:23 AM
I don't consider the Lakers invincible, but if they get taken out I don't think it will look like destruction - attrition is more like it. And I'd put their chance of falling in the first round like Dallas did at close to zero.

Dallas is the worst team to play the Lakers in round 1.

DenButsu
03-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Dallas is the worst team to play the Lakers in round 1.

Do you mean most or least likely to defeat L.A.?

Iron24th
03-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Do you mean most or least likely to defeat L.A.?

I think he means "least likely to defeat L.A" which is right.

Verbal Christ
03-20-2009, 12:33 PM

i agree, but with that said out of all the possible 1st round matchups i would say PHX would have the best chance against the Lakers. i say that because of the rivalry between shaq and kobe and i understand its a team game but i feel as if PHX matches up very well against LA and if Shaq decides this is his last hoorah and takes us back to 2001 Shaq i think it could be a much tighter series then some feel it could be. obviously im assuming PHX could catch DAL, and its all hypothetical, but would provide some good drama and subplots. Nash,Barbosa,Richardson,Shaq is nothing to sleep on especially come playoff time.

Verbal Christ
03-20-2009, 12:44 PM
^^ heard that before, they can run into a buzz saw as much as the next team. the playoffs are about being able to play half court offense and great defense. currently the lakers are 19th in the league giving up 100 PPG, if you slow down shaq into a half court player and run your offense through him it could expose the lakers glaring weakness in the paint. if PHX decides to 'out run' LA it will not amount to success. again its all hypothetical on my part.

thephoenixson28
03-20-2009, 01:06 PM
The Suns have ZERO chance against LA. Are u high?

What happened to the western conference last season? I rest my case. you are crazy to think the suns have ZERO chance against L.A any team in the west can come out with the championship so if a suns over the lakers win in a 7 game series and the suns come out on top I wouldn't consider it a upset cuz the west is stacked so don't sleep on anyone. So what are you smoking cuz it has you deliusional.

Verbal Christ
03-20-2009, 01:28 PM
The Suns have ZERO chance against LA. Are u high?

What happened to the western conference last season? I rest my case.

you're 'resting your case' on what happened last season? yeah i think you're STILL HIGH from last year. by the way if you havent noticed shaq is playing a hell of alot better than last year, add richardson and you have a totally different PHX team from what happened in '08.

Chronz
03-20-2009, 01:31 PM
^^ heard that before, they can run into a buzz saw as much as the next team. the playoffs are about being able to play half court offense and great defense. currently the lakers are 19th in the league giving up 100 PPG, if you slow down shaq into a half court player and run your offense through him it could expose the lakers glaring weakness in the paint. if PHX decides to 'out run' LA it will not amount to success. again its all hypothetical on my part.

Theyre in the top 5 in defensive efficiency if Im not mistaken.

theimortalone
03-20-2009, 01:54 PM
No one is beating the lakers in the west.

Oh get over yourself dude seriously. By the looks of it, you are already banned with 26 posts! :eyebrow:

"I rest my case!"

goku
03-20-2009, 03:48 PM
New Orleans will get either the 3rd or 4th seed. They have won 9 of last 11 and lots of the team had the flu against Chicago which they played horrible. LA, SA, N.O. and Utah are the 4 best teams and only ones with a chance to get to the Finals.

not with the second unit the hornets have they are a 1 man team really cp3 would have to play the whole game

ragee
03-20-2009, 04:36 PM
1. Lakers

2. Spurs

3. Rockets

4. Jazz

5. Hornets

6. Nuggets

7. Mavericks

8. Blazers

The Blazers, no. 8?! What a prediction!

This is my prediction:

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Jazz
4. Rockets
5. Blazers
6. Nuggets
7. Hornets
8. Mavs

ragee
03-20-2009, 04:41 PM
No one is beating the lakers in the west.

I bet before the Finals last year, you thought no team can beat the Lakers! Lakers is a tough team but I think the Spurs and the Jazz can pull it off...

Lakers4ItAll
03-20-2009, 04:47 PM
UTA/HOU series would be fun to watch

ragee
03-20-2009, 04:57 PM
UTA/HOU series would be fun to watch

JAzz vs Lakers would be better!:D

Kakaroach
03-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Laker aren't gonna lose if the play the Mavs or the Blazers. If Phoenix somehow gets in, they have a chance to throw down the Lakers.

theimortalone
03-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Laker aren't gonna lose if the play the Mavs or the Blazers. If Phoenix somehow gets in, they have a chance to throw down the Lakers.

:nod: I agree! :clap:

IversonIsKrazy
03-20-2009, 11:20 PM
i looked at the schedules, the Blazers & NUggets got the easiest schdules left. this is how i c the standings.

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Rockets
4. Hornets
5. Nuggets
6. Blazers
7. Jazz
8. Mavs

lakers def Mavs 4-1
Spurs def Jazz 4-2
Rockets def Blazers 4-2
Hornets def Nuggets 4-3

Lakers def Hornets 4-2
Spurs def Rockets 4-3

Lakers def Spurs 4-3

KB24PG16
03-20-2009, 11:36 PM

:laugh: its over phoenix might as well tank save get some rest for the aging team

ragee
03-20-2009, 11:38 PM

Hey! I am not saying the Blazers will whoop the Lakers butt but they have enough firepower to match the Lakers... They are a very young team and lacks experience but that could also be the factor for them to win... If tey face each other, Lakers has a bettr chance of winning the series but don't just count the Blazers that easily...

Vinny642
03-20-2009, 11:48 PM
not with the second unit the hornets have they are a 1 man team really cp3 would have to play the whole game

its not that recently we didn't have Peja so we started J Wright and only play him for like 15-20 minutes... Cp3 and West do a shitload yes but I think wright and Posey will be better come playoff time. Cp says he is ok with play hella minutes as long as we win. I can't wait for playoff time though, so freaking exciting for all fans that their team is in the playoffs....

also any team in the playoffs has a chance to win.

sciferguy
03-21-2009, 12:05 AM
lakers havent faced a healthy blazers lineup and 1 of those wins was without ROY, 2 without oden even though they are pretty good without oden...I think Portland is the 1 team Phil doesn't want to see because he knows how his teams fold against them at the Rose garden..and Portland has the firepower to steal a game or 2 away...Phoenix is the only other team I see giving the Lakers a run for their money...Shaq feeds off showing up the Lakers and seeing how he's played lately he might just use all his energy to dominate L.A. and kobe.... not caring about the next round because it gets no better then sending Kobe and Phil home packing...even with Amare gone they are doing very well

DenButsu
03-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Today, Houston passes by San Antonio for the 2nd seed, and New Orleans narrows the gap a half game, resulting in a half game separating each of the 2-7 seeds:

W L PCT GB
1 L.A. Lakers 55 14 .797 0
2 Houston 47 25 .653 9.5
3 San Antonio 45 24 .652 10
4 Denver 45 25 .643 10.5
5 New Orleans 44 25 .638 11
6 Portland 44 26 .629 11.5
7 Utah 43 26 .623 12
8 Dallas 42 28 .600 13.5
9 Phoenix 38 31 .551 17

jimbobjarree
03-22-2009, 10:25 PM
we'll beat the rockets on tuesday to cut the gap from 2-7 to 1 1/2 games

DenButsu
03-22-2009, 10:26 PM

That should be a great game.

jimbobjarree
03-22-2009, 10:32 PM
should be...if the Jazz win expect a torrid time on Wednesday in this forum with all the baiting going on.

and I hope the game doesnt take too much out of us that we fold easily to the Suns the next night

G-Funk
03-22-2009, 10:51 PM
First off all the Suns need to worry about making the playoffs before starting talks on how they can beat the Lakers.

superkegger
03-22-2009, 11:03 PM
I would personally love to see the standings finish like this
LA
Houston
SA
Denver
Portland
New Orleans
Utah
Dallas

Giving us some absolutely wonderful first round playoff series.

G-Funk
03-22-2009, 11:07 PM
^^^ I would prefer if Suns can take the 8th seed. Other than that it looks really good

New Orleans vs. Spurs rematch.

Houston vs. Jazz would be awesome series.

Lakers vs. Suns round 3

Denver vs. Blasers would be pretty nice too.

superkegger
03-22-2009, 11:29 PM
If I had a large sum of money, I'd be willing to bet it on Phoenix not making the playoffs. It would be good for the NBA, the whole Shaq back in LA, but really, it's not happening.

AllTheWay
03-22-2009, 11:47 PM
haha wow.....PHX won't even make the playoffs yet there is talk of them upsetting the lakers? lolz

superkegger
03-22-2009, 11:51 PM
Well they beat the lakers once, and their swarming D really gives the Lakers problems.

IversonIsKrazy
03-23-2009, 01:32 AM
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Rockets
4. Hornets
5. Nuggets
6. Blazers
7. Jazz
8. Mavs

lakers def Mavs 4-1 <-- kinda **** series.
Spurs def Jazz 4-2 <-- 2007 WCF re-match. D-Will VS Parker, and Boozer VS Duncan
Rockets def Blazers 4-2 <-- None have gone past first round in a while, so it would be good.
Hornets def Nuggets 4-3 <-- Pretty good, CP3 VS Billups.

Lakers def Hornets 4-2 <-- C'mon, a series of CP3's team against Kobe's, that would be amazing.
Spurs def Rockets 4-3 <-- Southwest competition. Series would be close & good.

Lakers def Spurs 4-3 <-- And the lakers VS spurs just keep on going...

Thas how i c the Western COnference Playoffs finishing as.

Verbal Christ
03-23-2009, 08:10 AM

LOL ... no back to back this time. you guys have been waiting for us since when? friday? better put the kids to bed early, eat your wheaties and dress your wifey in all red cuz the big bad wolf is coming to salt lake. we've been playing (and beating) top notch competition while you guys have been struggling in the eastern conference. ron artest is gonna force feed you his dick tommorrow count on it.

Brother J
03-23-2009, 08:19 AM
How ironic is it?

If rockets pass 1st round without T-mac?

Young2Kinsler
03-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Well Suns fans, just know here in Dallas I am behind you guys 100%! Lets go Suns! Seriously I would be so thrilled if you guys passed us, I might even cry. I'm so sick of this franchise thinking we can get by just because we made the playoffs, maybe this will wake up the front office and fans, and bring about change. Dallas would get anally pounded by the Lakers anyways, so I'd rather have the tiniest of shot at the lottery, than be swept in the first round.

jimbobjarree
03-23-2009, 11:26 AM
LOL ... no back to back this time. you guys have been waiting for us since when? friday? better put the kids to bed early, eat your wheaties and dress your wifey in all red cuz the big bad wolf is coming to salt lake. we've been playing (and beating) top notch competition while you guys have been struggling in the eastern conference. ron artest is gonna force feed you his dick tommorrow count on it.

I'm pretty sure we'll take you, I'm more worried about the Suns game on the road the next night

JayW_1023
03-23-2009, 11:44 AM
I agree with Pop that the Spurs' priority is health over a good regular season record. Throughout the years we've shown to be a good road team in the postseason.

Verbal Christ
03-23-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm pretty sure we'll take you, I'm more worried about the Suns game on the road the next night

yep, get those refs 'taken care of' tonite and you guys might have a chance. considering you play like horseshit on the road and on back-to-backs i'd be concerned if i were you also about the 9th place suns. what i find extremely humorous is the whole "injury" point the jazzholes try to make, give me a break. LMAO

jimbobjarree
03-23-2009, 02:56 PM
^dont know what your blabering on about, the game isnt even tonight..but yeah sure the refs are against you, the league is against you, the media is against you...how are you doing it, your such martyrs.

I'm looking forward to the game, and please pop into the Jazz forum afterwards to discuss the game, I always enjoy your views.

Verbal Christ
03-23-2009, 02:58 PM
^^ i dont troll ... unlike many of your 'comrades' ... i'll have enough to "blabber" about with all the jazzhole clowns who come into the ROX forum. that is if the jazz win, funny how when we beat you guys no jazzhole shows up to 'congratulate' .. an go ahead and draw attention away from the pathetic officiating that went on LAST GAME with the 'woe is me' card you want us to use. we were in the midst of a brutal stretch when we played you last, now its more of an even contest. should be very entertaining.

jimbobjarree
03-23-2009, 03:12 PM
^^ i dont troll ... unlike many of your 'comrades' ... i'll have enough to "blabber" about with all the jazzhole clowns who come into the ROX forum. that is if the jazz win, funny how when we beat you guys no jazzhole shows up to 'congratulate' .. an go ahead and draw attention away from the pathetic officiating that went on LAST GAME with the 'woe is me' card you want us to use. we were in the midst of a brutal stretch when we played you last, now its more of an even contest. should be very entertaining.

I popped by your forum both times when we lost, it all seemed calm then, but when you lose everything erupts. Didnt say you troll, I enjoy your views, you put up a good argument and provide some entertainment.

and yeah should be a cracker, now Booz is getting close to being 100 percent and we're finally back at home after the weekend off we should be raring to go..I just hope Memo is 100% after being slapped in the eye.

astrosmaniac
03-23-2009, 05:47 PM
should be...if the Jazz win expect a torrid time on Wednesday in this forum with all the baiting going on.

and I hope the game doesnt take too much out of us that we fold easily to the Suns the next night

there will be baiting and flaming either way, especially if there are any questionable calls either way

DenButsu
03-23-2009, 09:59 PM
there will be baiting and flaming either way, especially if there are any questionable calls either way

If there's baiting and flaming we mods will bust out the nightsticks and start cracking some skulls. :guns:

(okay, slight exaggeration - but don't bait and flame, that's the main point)

jimbobjarree
03-24-2009, 04:02 AM
so denver and portland go onto lose....perfect night for us

Brother J
03-24-2009, 07:35 AM
Yeah I hope Suns make it

JordansBulls
03-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Latest standings

2 Houston 47 25 .653 9 ½
3 San Antonio 45 24 .652 10
4 Denver 45 26 .634 11
5 New Orleans 44 25 .638 11
6 Utah 43 26 .623 12
7 Portland 44 27 .620 12
8 Dallas 42 28 .600 13 ½

Phoenix 39 31 .557 16 ½

theimortalone
03-24-2009, 09:30 AM
The Suns are creepin up! :D :clap:

mitch91
03-24-2009, 10:55 AM
watch out mavs suns are coming to get yous!

we have already caught up 3 games in 11days i think i read.

i think we can do it and give the lakers a tough first round match-up....also a very exciting one at that

Young2Kinsler
03-24-2009, 11:20 AM
The Suns are creepin up! :D :clap:

Let's go Suns!!!! Please knock Dallas out of the playoffs, we need it.

GoatMilk
03-24-2009, 11:24 AM
oh please Phoenix get that 8th spot
L.A. REALLY wants to see you...

jimbobjarree
03-24-2009, 11:29 AM
PHX lose to us on Wednesday then go and beat Portland and I will kiss you

gcoll
03-24-2009, 11:34 AM
I'd love to see the Suns make the playoffs.....without Stoudemire though, I don't see us going all that far.

theimortalone
03-24-2009, 12:13 PM
PHX lose to us on Wednesday then go and beat Portland and I will kiss you

You sure you guys can beat us in Phoenix tomorrow night? ;) Especially coming off of a back-2-back? :)

king4day
03-24-2009, 01:34 PM
If the Suns can maintain their 3 game deficit or improve on it by the time we play Dallas, then (assuming we then beat Dallas), we could be in good shape. The schedule for us now is extremely difficult.
Beating Utah tomorrow and going 500 on the road should keep us on pace.

If Phoenix reaches the playoffs we really have nothing to lose. Amare being out and Barbosa possibly missing some extensive time too, we're not expected to do much. If I'm a Lakers fan though, I'd rather play a team they match up better again. The Suns may not beat (or maybe they will), but we'll certainly make it interesting.

theimortalone
03-24-2009, 02:19 PM
If the Suns can maintain their 3 game deficit or improve on it by the time we play Dallas, then (assuming we then beat Dallas), we could be in good shape. The schedule for us now is extremely difficult.
Beating Utah tomorrow and going 500 on the road should keep us on pace.

If Phoenix reaches the playoffs we really have nothing to lose. Amare being out and Barbosa possibly missing some extensive time too, we're not expected to do much. If I'm a Lakers fan though, I'd rather play a team they match up better again. The Suns may not beat (or maybe they will), but we'll certainly make it interesting.

Very well said sir! :up:

jimbobjarree
03-24-2009, 02:26 PM

You sure you guys can beat us in Phoenix tomorrow night? ;) Especially coming off of a back-2-back? :)

no...but its worth a try lol

...we're unbeaten on ESPN/TNT this season, lets hope that counts for something

JayW_1023
03-26-2009, 07:56 AM
Parker has almost singlehandedly beat the Hawks...his play is scary this season.

Young2Kinsler
03-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Damnit Mavs, quit any and all winning. We need the Suns to pass us ASAP!

theimortalone
03-26-2009, 10:00 AM
no...but its worth a try lol

...we're unbeaten on ESPN/TNT this season, lets hope that counts for something

So much for that win.... I have no doubt that we will lose to you guys on Saturday tho. Who knows tho right? :shrug:

DrDEADalready
03-26-2009, 10:04 AM
^^ no. the jazz only play tough at home. away from SL,UT they become roadkill.

How dare you use my location in your post. How dare you!!!! :pity:

fredv
03-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Your just upset because your team lost to the Jazz. Its okay, it happens. Calm down, everything will be just fine! :) I promise! :D

At least our season doesn't end in a couple of games...

jimbobjarree
03-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Anyway, good game from the Suns last night, I hope they bring that intensity against Portland, its annoying, we could have done with playing them tonight instead, we would definatly have won if so. Good luck making 8th, we need shaq and nash in the playoffs..and old grant lol.

Bucsfan
03-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Anyway, good game from the Suns last night, I hope they bring that intensity against Portland, its annoying, we could have done with playing them tonight instead, we would definatly have won if so. Good luck making 8th, we need shaq and nash in the playoffs..and old grant lol.

they played well last night, shaq is just so big and boozer standing next to him makes him look like a midget, we shouldve brought koufas in there to try and at least block shaq a little bit lol

we will be seeing them in a couple of days!!!

should be a fun race to the finish!

CP3_Beast09
03-26-2009, 07:54 PM
omg last nights game between Hornets and Nuggets was frustrating for me nodoy was helpin paul and melo had a good night well get em next though

jimbobjarree
03-26-2009, 08:11 PM
I watched it..the Hornets were awful, you let us down :pity:

DenButsu
03-26-2009, 08:27 PM
omg last nights game between Hornets and Nuggets was frustrating for me nodoy was helpin paul and melo had a good night well get em next though

The refs were (see youtube thread).

and jj, give a little credit where it's due - the Nuggets played some pretty damn solid defense, and some great offense in Nene's absence (his presence is generally the key to opening up the floor spacing). The Hornets not playing up to snuff was in large part a direct result of the defensive pressure they faced from Denver - a lot of their many turnovers were forced, for example. And Melo, Billups and J.R. all played excellent games.

jimbobjarree
03-26-2009, 09:14 PM
I didnt say you werent good. The Hornets just looked absolutely lost on offense, I was like, go on Paul, show me why everyone thinks your the best PG in the league..and he couldnt, they had nothing...impressive D by the Nuggs, and you guys hit your shots, big shot and JR were big, and of course Melo every night...but I think thats your problem, you have too many inconsistant guys. If they all click on one night your an elite team, if not you suck...highlighted by that game in Utah where you clicked first half, and fell apart in the second.

I really really hope we get each other 4 and 5...but those peskey blazers will ahve something to say about that with their easy run in

DenButsu
03-28-2009, 06:58 AM
Current standings, including breakdown of remaining games into vs. +.500 teams away and at home, and vs. sub .500 teams away and at home, so you can get a rough idea of the relative remaining difficulty of schedules.

Remaining games
W L PCT GB G-REM .500+a .500+h .500-a .500-h
SAS 48 24 .667 10 10 2 3 4 1
DEN 47 26 .644 11.5 9 2 1 1 5
HOU 47 26 .644 11.5 9 3 3 2 1
POR 45 27 .625 13 10 2 3 3 2
UTH 44 27 .620 13.5 11 6 1 0 4
NOH 44 27 .620 13.5 11 4 4 3 0
DAL 43 29 .597 15 10 2 5 2 1
PHX 40 32 .556 18 10 3 1 3 3

Incidentally, I think both espn and nba.com have it wrong right now, and Houston should actually be ahead of Denver - they won the season series 3-1, and even if that had been tied they have the better conference record. I'm not sure why both sites have them switched, but I'm pretty damn sure it's a mistake.

DenButsu
03-28-2009, 07:01 AM
I really really hope we get each other 4 and 5...but those peskey blazers will ahve something to say about that with their easy run in

Yeah, if you look at the post above, I was just going through and analyzing each team's remaining schedule, and I was almost shocked (but not saddened, of course) to see how tough Utah's final stretch is. By far the hardest of all teams competing for WC seeding.

jimbobjarree
03-28-2009, 10:10 AM
yeah but IMO we have the strongest team, so it evens out :p

I dont know, I think the schedule was in our favor in the end as I sure as hell wouldnt want to play this stretch with no D Will, Booz, Memo, AK, Millsap, Korver and whatever other injuries we've had this year.

also Dirk..why miss that possible game winner last night :(

...and big big week for the NW division next week, and a big week for Utah to prove to themselves that they arent completely useless on the road, we have to beat on of Denver or Portland..have to

DrDEADalready
03-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Oh god why must we have a horrible schedule but I think its better we have it now than when we were injured in the year. cause we might not be where we are at now. if we had a tougher schedule earlier on.

Bucsfan
03-28-2009, 10:16 AM
yeah but will the jazz? they like to choke on the road...they have definetely stepped it up on the road, but still nothing compared to average team

I just think the jazz just get alot more fired up when at home because ESA gets SOOO loud and the crowd gets behind them then when they hit the road they dont have it

I dont get it, but it could force teh jazz to play the lakers or spurs on the road in the playoffs unless they step it up big time

Bucsfan
03-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Oh god why must we have a horrible schedule but I think its better we have it now than when we were injured in the year. cause we might not be where we are at now. if we had a tougher schedule earlier on.

i dont know about that, we lost to alot of stupid teams..remember when we lost to the wizards? okc? NYK? i could go on

this last stretch will either be a blessing to get a ready for the playoffs, or a curse and destroy our record going into the playoffs

JayW_1023
03-28-2009, 10:28 AM
People always talk about how great Deron Williams and Chris Paul are...but Tony Parker is arguably having just as good a season, if not better.

For those who haven't noticed yet...Parker has taken his playmaking to another level...and his midrange game is vastly improved.

jimbobjarree
03-28-2009, 11:05 AM
looking at the remaining schedules I say the Spurs take the 2nd seed easy with like 57 wins, then Rockets 3rd with about 54. Nuggets and Blazers have such easy schedules and will take 4th and 5th only dropping about 2 more games each..whoever wins last day takes the NW. Then the Jazz, if we want the NW we can only afford to drop 2 games, which I have booked for the Portland road game second night of a back to back, and the Spurs game of course, hopefully the Lakers rest their stars on the last night. But then again the Mavs/Nuggs on the road could be a losses too, but I think we can take NOLA. So we could get round 50-53 wins.

then I see the Mavs coming 7th with 50 wins and NOLA just behind them on 49...NOLA look awful without Chandler in the team, they are going to struggle down the stretch. But will make an exciting NOLA-Lakers series, an all texas SAS-Dallas series, and all NW Portland-Denver series, and of course Houston-Utah as always

DenButsu
03-28-2009, 11:13 AM
I think we'll have plenty of breathing room by that last game - and that we'll actually pass by Houston for that 3rd seed. Not to take anything away from Houston, but Denver is also finding some renewed life right now (see J.R. and Melo's recent production), and the schedule is definitely in our favor.

RocketsRule
03-28-2009, 11:23 AM
I think we'll have plenty of breathing room by that last game - and that we'll actually pass by Houston for that 3rd seed. Not to take anything away from Houston, but Denver is also finding some renewed life right now (see J.R. and Melo's recent production), and the schedule is definitely in our favor.

The Rockets' schedule also features a lot of sub-par teams as well. We only play one elite team in the Lakers', and even then we could put a good fight against them. It should still be a tight race between the Nuggets, Spurs, and Rockets for those 2nd, 3rd and 4th seeds.

jimbobjarree
03-28-2009, 11:23 AM
we've seen denver lose that life quickly though. For me I think Utah will be on the road at either Houston or Denver on the first night of the playoffs, two teams who I think we can beat in 6 games

DenButsu
03-28-2009, 01:59 PM
we've seen denver lose that life quickly though. For me I think Utah will be on the road at either Houston or Denver on the first night of the playoffs, two teams who I think we can beat in 6 games

And we've also seen Utah lose a hell of a lot of road games, especially against .500 plus teams, and you've got six of those +.500 road games remaining in your schedule.

In fact, if I'm reading the Utah schedule correctly, the last time they beat a winning team on the road was on December 19th, 2008 in Detroit.

jimbobjarree
03-28-2009, 02:20 PM
and your quick to forget all the injuries we've had this year, while you have had significantly less. Take away those injuries and we'd have a road record like yours, and would definately be comfortably leading the NW.

i still think you guys are as bad on the road, i mean losing to the kings, nets (by 44), Pacers without Granger, Bucks without Redd and Bogut, scraping wins against the thunder, Griz...your not exactly a good road team

DenButsu
03-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Dude, Melo missed like an entire month, as did the Birdman... Nene and K-Mart have both missed their fair share of games as well. No excuses for not beating a winning team on the road since December. :no:

jimbobjarree
03-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Dude, Melo missed like an entire month, as did the Birdman... Nene and K-Mart have both missed their fair share of games as well. No excuses for not beating a winning team on the road since December. :no:

there are many excuses dude, our main man deron was injured and then hampered for two months, our whole offensive focus Boozer was out for like 3 months, for some games we have had no deron, Memo or no booz, deron or no AK, Booz or no booz, millsap, okur (the rockets game we took to double OT). If only one player was out at a time it wouldnt be an issue, but when we got injuries we got them bad and in masses. I'd say there were no excuses for a plus .500 team not to beat us this season.

No excuses for not winning one since Booz came back, especialy that Heat game :pity:, but all the other ones since have been the second night of a back to back, which is hardly a measuring stick

but whatever, the playoffs is all that matters, and with no back to backs in them I maintain that we would beat Houston or Denver in our first round match up comfortably enough.

Chronz
03-29-2009, 12:12 AM
I was completely wrong in my estimations, though in my defense I did them without glancing at the remaining schedule and mostly on how strong I think the teams are. The Nuggets will probably end up with the 4th seed but the Jazz are still the superior team. Their depth is just crazy.

DenButsu
03-29-2009, 09:04 AM
I was completely wrong in my estimations, though in my defense I did them without glancing at the remaining schedule and mostly on how strong I think the teams are. The Nuggets will probably end up with the 4th seed but the Jazz are still the superior team. Their depth is just crazy.

I still like the Nugs against just about any team in the West outside the Lakers if we have home court advantage.

And I still think we'll take the 3rd seed.

jimbobjarree
03-29-2009, 09:16 AM
I'd prefer the Nuggets over th Rockets, but as like you I think we can take anyone outside the Lakers or Spurs (shame we wont have homecourt advantage). But fair play Den, you should be confident with the season you've had.

After that Suns game I was going to come in here and say we dont deserve a decent seed after giving away that huge lead, but we fought, and we're still there with a game in hand over Portland with the tiebreaker...next week is huggge for us, Portland then Denver, could swing it either way, and you cant just rely on us being a poor road team to beat us.

Tblaze
03-29-2009, 09:38 AM
I don't like our odds against: Lakers, SA, Denver and Utah if they have HC other then that I give us a chance.

jimbobjarree
03-29-2009, 09:42 AM
you v the Lakers would be great, you could easily take them to 7 games IMO if they cant win in your building...shame your better than an 8th seed lol. I think you've got the edge on us for 5th, we'll end up 6th and play houston/denver.

DenButsu
03-29-2009, 09:50 AM
I'd prefer the Nuggets over th Rockets, but as like you I think we can take anyone outside the Lakers or Spurs (shame we wont have homecourt advantage). But fair play Den, you should be confident with the season you've had.

After that Suns game I was going to come in here and say we dont deserve a decent seed after giving away that huge lead, but we fought, and we're still there with a game in hand over Portland with the tiebreaker...next week is huggge for us, Portland then Denver, could swing it either way, and you cant just rely on us being a poor road team to beat us.

How do you feel about that Suns win? In a way, I think it could be spun either way (gutsy "hanging in there" win after giving up a big lead -- or pathetic giving up of an easy win after earning a big lead, luckily resulting in a win, but a bad win). Either way, you end up with the W, which at this point is the most important thing, but I'm curious what you think that game says about your team.

jimbobjarree
03-29-2009, 11:23 AM
it speaks volumes about our motivation and our mental toughness, which is a huge reason for why we suck on the road. We nailed them, them lost interest, gave them the ball and almost gifted them a victory, and only started to play when we realised we were in trouble, but we had the mental toughness to carry through. It shows we have the ability to win in tough circumstances, and that the mental toughness is their...but we lack the motivation to do it. As I said in the Suns forum, that game is at their place, and they win, simple as. We will never be a great team unless we get mentally tougher, until then, we will always roll in pressure situations (aka 4th quarter in road games).

but was great to see us pull outa that hole, and be clutch for probably the first time all year, Deron with the killer crossover to tie the game up..clutch

Chronz
03-29-2009, 04:08 PM
I still like the Nugs against just about any team in the West outside the Lakers if we have home court advantage.

And I still think we'll take the 3rd seed.

Yeah your team has the easiest road from here on out, it would take a complete collapse or the Rockets winning out against all the playoff teams below them to get it.

The Jazz and Mavs have a really tough schedule they could conceivably switch places and the suns could still bounce either of them.

Kakaroach
03-29-2009, 04:12 PM
Jazz have prolly the toughest schedule left. I'm thinking 6th seed maybe 5th if we get a key win or two on the road.

Chronz
03-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Jazz have prolly the toughest schedule left. I'm thinking 6th seed maybe 5th if we get a key win or two on the road.

Im hoping for it believe me, theres nothing that I want more than a Rockets-Jazz matchup but they could still drop to 8th just as easily.

jimbobjarree
03-29-2009, 04:21 PM
important night for New Orleans..they are playing terrible and have started slipping into the abyss

Kakaroach
03-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Im hoping for it believe me, theres nothing that I want more than a Rockets-Jazz matchup but they could still drop to 8th just as easily. Yeah, me too lol. But the last thing I want is to face the Lakers in the first round.

jimbobjarree
03-29-2009, 04:28 PM
but I definatly want to face the Lakers at some point, that series will be fierce

Kakaroach
03-29-2009, 04:31 PM
but I definatly want to face the Lakers at some point, that series will be fierce Yeah, hopefully in the WCF. That would be epic. Just like ya said JimBob, Hornets-Spurs game could affect standings tonight.

JordansBulls
03-29-2009, 05:31 PM
but I definatly want to face the Lakers at some point, that series will be fierce

Round 1 would be nice

jimbobjarree
03-29-2009, 06:20 PM
nah not round one, we want more at stake...and a longer playoff experience

though as you said earlier, we'd be the best 8th seed for a long time

DenButsu
04-15-2009, 07:47 PM
From the Denver Post (http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2009/04/14/playoffs-playoffs-heres-the-breakdown/), a complete breakdown of the possibilities in the West (just a bit dated, since Utah already lost against the Lakers).

Playoffs?! Playoffs?! (Here’s the breakdown)
by Benjamin Hochman on April 14, 2009

Hopefully, this answers all questions about what the heck could/will happen in the Western Conference playoffs:

WESTERN CONFERENCE
1. LOS ANGELES LAKERS
2. Denver or Houston
3. Denver, Houston, Portland, or San Antonio
4. Houston, Portland, or San Antonio
5. Houston, Portland, or San Antonio
6. New Orleans, Dallas, or Utah
7. New Orleans, Dallas, or Utah
8. New Orleans, Dallas, or Utah

Denver will be seeded:
• #2 if Nuggets win OR Rockets lose
• #3 if Nuggets lose and Rockets win

Houston will be seeded:
• #2 if Rockets win and Nuggets lose
• #3 if Rockets win and Nuggets win OR if Spurs and Blazers lose.
• #4 if Rockets lose, Spurs win and Blazers lose OR if Rockets lose, Spurs lose and Blazers win.
• #5 if Rockets lose and Spurs and Blazers win.

Portland will be seeded:
• #3 if Blazers win and Rockets and Spurs lose.
• #4 if Blazers win and either Rockets or Spurs win (or both win) OR if Blazers and Spurs both lose.
• #5 if Blazers lose and Spurs win.

San Antonio will be seeded:
• #3 if Spurs win and Rockets lose.
• #4 if Spurs win, Rockets win and Blazers lose.
• #5 if Spurs lose OR if Rockets and Blazers win.

New Orleans will be seeded:
• #6 if Hornets win OR if Mavericks and Jazz lose.
• #7 if Hornets lose and either Mavericks or Jazz win (but not both)
• #8 if Hornets lose and Mavericks and Jazz win.

Dallas will be seeded:
• #6 if Mavericks win and Hornets lose.
• #7 if Mavericks win and Hornets win OR if Mavericks lose and Jazz lose.
• #8 if Mavericks lose and Jazz win.

Utah will be seeded:
• #6 if Jazz win and Hornets and Mavericks lose.
• #7 if Jazz win and either the Hornets or Mavericks win (both not both)
• #8 if Jazz lose OR Hornets and Mavericks win.

madiaz3
04-15-2009, 08:00 PM
From the Denver Post (http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2009/04/14/playoffs-playoffs-heres-the-breakdown/), a complete breakdown of the possibilities in the West (just a bit dated, since Utah already lost against the Lakers).

Great clarifying post

superkegger
04-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Houston really screwed the pooch.

superkegger
04-15-2009, 11:00 PM
so its set then?
LA
Denver
SA
Portland
Houston
Dallas
NOH
Utah

BlondeBomber41
04-15-2009, 11:22 PM
so its set then?
LA
Denver
SA
Portland
Houston
Dallas
NOH
Utah

If Portland wins then yeah thats it. Otherwise they swap with Houston.