PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone hoping there comes a time when all the top marketing franchises .....

JordansBulls
03-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Is anyone hoping there comes a time when all the top marketing franchises are contenders at the same time?

Like having the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks, Bulls, Sixers, Rockets, Pistons and Spurs all being legit title contenders the same year?

Is it even possible?

What would that do for the NBA?

yojoe792
03-15-2009, 10:13 PM
:shrug:

ItsTheLastAce
03-15-2009, 10:17 PM
I think if that were to happen the rest of the league would really suck

IndyRealist
03-16-2009, 12:06 AM
I don't think so. One or more of the teams will realize that they don't have enough to win a championship and either make a risky move and have it blow up in their face, or they'll blow it up and try to start over.

Wilson
03-16-2009, 12:08 AM
It would be amazing for the league, they'd make a ton of money.

PSD would be an interesting place, there would be a LOT of fighting going on during the play-offs...:p

abe_froman
03-16-2009, 12:44 AM
Is anyone hoping there comes a time when all the top marketing franchises are contenders at the same time?

Like having the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks, Bulls, Sixers, Rockets, Pistons and Spurs all being legit title contenders the same year?

Is it even possible?

yes there is someone who wants that,and his name is david stern...as well as the fans of each of those franchises

Jaji
03-16-2009, 12:54 AM
No! We want Utah!

LAcowBOMBER
03-16-2009, 01:05 AM
I don't think there are ever 8 legit title contenders

superkegger
03-16-2009, 01:12 AM

Is it even possible?

Spurs are a top marketing franchise? How do you figure? Their finals ratings were among all time lows...

But I think the best thing for the NBA is big cities to have good teams, NY/LA/Chicago along with the other eastern seaboard teams.

But along with that, to have mega stars on, like true mega stars, not just stars because they're in such a big city, on the best teams. That = mad money for the NBA

As a sidenote, I think a Cavs-Lakers finals this year is David Stern's wet dream.

AllTheWay
03-16-2009, 02:03 AM
Only the fans of the top market teams would really want that to happen.

So yes, I would.

Kyle N.
03-16-2009, 02:11 AM
Spurs are a top marketing franchise? How do you figure? Their finals ratings were among all time lows...

But I think the best thing for the NBA is big cities to have good teams, NY/LA/Chicago along with the other eastern seaboard teams.

But along with that, to have mega stars on, like true mega stars, not just stars because they're in such a big city, on the best teams. That = mad money for the NBA

As a sidenote, I think a Cavs-Lakers finals this year is David Stern's wet dream.

That's what I was thinking. The Spurs are a small market.

Duncan = Donkey
03-16-2009, 02:12 AM
no. i want the suns as contenders

Hellcrooner
03-16-2009, 03:58 PM
it would be enough if Lakers, Celtics, Knicks, Bulls were contenders.

Wich could happen as Soon as 2010-11

lakers and Celtics have the tools.

Bulls have the young core and some cap to add a player

Knicks ahve the Cap.

C_Mund
03-16-2009, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't be a fan. I don't see it being too far off though, seeing as so many players spend half their career chasing championships. I mean, teams like the defending champion Celtics signing Marbury for the minimum, San An getting Drew Gooden after he's bought out...
Team building is pretty much dead, it's all about big teams attracting players at the last possible minute.
I don't know. Maybe it's always been like that and I've just started to notice it more recently.

JordansBulls
03-16-2009, 04:26 PM
it would be enough if Lakers, Celtics, Knicks, Bulls were contenders.

Wich could happen as Soon as 2010-11

lakers and Celtics have the tools.

Bulls have the young core and some cap to add a player

Knicks ahve the Cap.

That would be great. Lakers and Celtics have their team and the Knicks get Lebron and Bosh and the Bulls get Wade and Amare.