PDA

View Full Version : Just how good was Terry Cummings before his injury?

JordansBulls
03-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Just how good was Terry Cummings before his injury?

Who would you compare him to in the league nowadays?

nalej85
03-15-2009, 08:37 PM
I can't speak about his first few seasons with Clippers or Bucks; I remember his Spurs days though. He was a 19/8 type of player then. He was that rare combination of power and finesse. He had one of the nicest strokes for a big guy(besides "Big Smooth"Sam Perkins, and Derrick Coleman). He wasn't afraid to bang. I remember Dennis Rodman being acquired and Cummings breaking his leg, can't remember which happened first but he eventually started coming off the bench .Even until his last game, he was still a pretty good player and under-rated passer. I was mad when NY traded him and John Starks for Sprewell at first but I guess it ended up for the better. John Starks career quickly faded with G.S. Funny, I can't think of similar players to T. Cummings, maybe P. Gasol is the closest?

Hawkeye15
03-15-2009, 09:03 PM
I am old enough to remember him. His shot was way behind his head. He was kind of the Ricky Pierce/Paul Pierce kind. Played a little bigger than Paul, but was an unbelievable scorer. He would have no problem today. Kind of a cross between Boozer and Pierce.

DJ CHACH
03-15-2009, 09:09 PM
boozer mixed with alonzo

Lakers09
03-15-2009, 09:26 PM
how far into his career did he get injured? I dont know much about him.
:shrug: