PDA

View Full Version : For the Philadelphia Sixers what should they do with Elton Brand next year?

JordansBulls
03-15-2009, 06:32 PM
For the Philadelphia Sixers what should they do with Elton Brand next year?

Should they keep him next year or try to trade him?

Kyben36
03-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Trade him, they are better without him.

Hawkeye15
03-15-2009, 06:52 PM
He makes $65 million over the next 4 years. Good luck trading him. They are stuck with him since Isaiah is out of the NBA now, and McHale was demoted to coach only

TheShock45
03-15-2009, 06:52 PM
we are better without him but we would still lack a superstar and since im all in favor for rebuilding i would like to trade him in some blockbuster to whoever has the number 1 pick and try to get a superstar that way if you look at the nba now its pretty much you have to get your best player in the draft and thats what the sixers are missing

superkegger
03-15-2009, 07:05 PM
They should just get some shooters that can actually be consistent and produce. I think that would solve a ton of problems for them.

still1ballin
03-15-2009, 07:08 PM
trade him

Hawkeye15
03-15-2009, 07:13 PM
how do you trade a guy who has been hurt for 2 years basically, that makes $67 million over the next 4 years?

superkegger
03-15-2009, 07:15 PM
wow, they really need some shooting. They have 2 guys who shoot over 36% from 3. One being Speights, who takes 0.1 threes per game. :rolleyes:

The other, donyell marshal who plays an average of 6:42 a game.

They get some shooters, they become more balanced and a better team. Move Thad to the bench in place of an outside shooter at the 2.

Phitin' Phan
03-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Trade him. I don't see us going anywhere with Brand. And I would also trade Iggy so Thad can play SF. I'm in favor of rebuilding the team with Thad, Speights, and Lou Williams.

JJ81
03-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Elton:eyebrow:

dbow1920
03-15-2009, 07:42 PM
as a sixers fan i like what he did this year, when he was in the lineup he was our leader in PPG and Rebounds...the only reason we werent as successful as we could be when he was in the lineup is because we tried to force the ball to him in a halfcourt offense, instead of trying to be the running team that we are...i would love to keep him just because we really need a PF because Thaddeus Young is playing the position and he is a natural SF and too small to play the 4...so i would keep him, unless we are blown away by an offer

FKD215
03-15-2009, 07:54 PM
I agree with Dbow. The Sixers are in no way better without him: 1. he barely got to play before the injury - we have no basis to make that determination, and 2. the Sixers are a .500 team without him, and 3. the Sixers have no starting 4.

The idea that a .500 team is better without a 20/10 guy who plays hard on D and brings it every night is absurd. And I'm not buying the "he slows down the fast break" argument, either. Fast break teams go nowhere in the playoffs. Figuring out how he fits is the Sixers' only way to get past round 1.

jetsfan89
03-15-2009, 07:59 PM
I'd keep him :shrug:

TheShock45
03-15-2009, 08:12 PM
also why do people go owe he's due over 60 million dollars no one will want him
but what about the teams that the players dont want im sure the kings, raptors, t'wolves and thunder instead of having to overpay for a mediocre player would be willing to trade for a superstar

ggg
03-15-2009, 08:19 PM
buyout. and he'll sign wit the jazz.

North Yorker
03-15-2009, 08:22 PM
If Babcock was still the GM he would probably trade Bosh to Philly for Brand straight up, thank god that wont happen.

However a trade that could be good for both teams would be Bosh+Kapono for Igoudala+Brand, this assuming that he tells BC that he would opt out and Bosh fits Philly's style better.

elnino9
03-15-2009, 08:23 PM
im not ready to give up on him. i still think that we can be very effective with him in the lineup. I we can get another shooter or two, we can definately win with him in there.

Korman12
03-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Keep him, hope next year goes better unless a much better offer is available. If the team still doesn't find success with him then consider a trade.

Trade him. I don't see us going anywhere with Brand. And I would also trade Iggy so Thad can play SF. I'm in favor of rebuilding the team with Thad, Speights, and Lou Williams.

As for that I disagree nearly 100%. Iguodala, whether some people agree or not, is still the team's best player. Young, Speights, and Williams are not good enough to build around. This isn't a situation like in Oklahoma City or Memphis where you can be confident in those player's abilities.

Hawkeye15
03-15-2009, 08:31 PM
look, Elton never had these injury problems before last season. He makes too much money to trade. THere is a good chance he can come back and be fine. They have no choice but to be patient at this point

More-Than-Most
03-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Keep him and maybe get Korver back in the offseason... I think he is a free agent.

dre1990
03-15-2009, 08:32 PM
no way any1 wants that contract

Knowledge
03-15-2009, 08:47 PM
keep him and get shooters.

boms-4
03-15-2009, 08:52 PM
i dont think anyone wants that kind of contract on there hands

nalej85
03-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Don't trade him or give up on him yet. He played half a season with the 76ers and everybody is ready to defecate on him. Honestly, I don't think that its an " Elton Brand doesn't fit into 76ers offense" situation. I think 76ers are for the most part, a team that relies on quickness and athleticism. It works for Atlanta but not 76ers.

They would improve with a few floor spreaders.
1. A starting point guard that can actually shoot well consistently from three point range
2. A better bench including a reserve point guard that shoots above 40% would help as well

I wonder why Donyell Marshall and Kareem Rush don't get minutes?

On the plus side, Marreese Speights and Thaddeus look like upcoming studs. Is there a possibility Brand will be back for playoffs?

Phitin' Phan
03-15-2009, 09:28 PM
Keep him, hope next year goes better unless a much better offer is available. If the team still doesn't find success with him then consider a trade.

As for that I disagree nearly 100%. Iguodala, whether some people agree or not, is still the team's best player. Young, Speights, and Williams are not good enough to build around. This isn't a situation like in Oklahoma City or Memphis where you can be confident in those player's abilities.

I know he is the best player on the team but we have two starting SFs and I think Thad has more potential. And yes I also realize that those three are not good enough to build around. This team needs a superstar SG to become a contender and I have no idea how we will get one and have both Iguodala and Brand under contract. And there is no way we ever draft one.

The Sixers are in a tough situation and I think it will be hard to get this team into a situation where we are as good as Orlando, Cleveland, and Boston.

JordansBulls
03-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Don't trade him or give up on him yet. He played half a season with the 76ers and everybody is ready to defecate on him. Honestly, I don't think that its an " Elton Brand doesn't fit into 76ers offense" situation. I think 76ers are for the most part, a team that relies on quickness and athleticism. It works for Atlanta but not 76ers.

They would improve with a few floor spreaders.
1. A starting point guard that can actually shoot well consistently from three point range
2. A better bench including a reserve point guard that shoots above 40% would help as well

I wonder why Donyell Marshall and Kareem Rush don't get minutes?

On the plus side, Marreese Speights and Thaddeus look like upcoming studs. Is there a possibility Brand will be back for playoffs?

I'm not sure if having Brand on the Sixers makes a difference or not. They don't improve with him.

mrblisterdundee
03-15-2009, 09:45 PM
They should try to trade him. Thadeus Young is obviously going to be a great player. Trading Brand will open up room for the 76'ers to go after a shooting guard and a cheaper replacement back-up power forward.

SeoulBeatz
03-15-2009, 09:46 PM
As a sixers fan, i would love to keep elton.

he actually played pretty well with us.

people say we're winning without him, but you know what happened 2 days before elton got injured, we changed coaches.

and all of a sudden iggy started playing better, the offense started moving, and i could def see elton fitting in nicely with us.

he is slow, but not so slow that he'll bring down our whole teams fastbreak.

so yeah, keep him and see what he can do next year.

i still believe in the dude, but usually when a person gets injured for a year people start underrating them heavily (see wade last year, did the dude get ANY attention when he was injured? nah, thats the way it works)

liljoecapp
03-15-2009, 09:50 PM
trade him to charlote or chicago theyll take him

SteveNash
03-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Try to trade Miller and Iguodala.

JordansBulls
03-15-2009, 10:06 PM
Try to trade Miller and Iguodala.

You think that they would be better off with Brand over those 2?

lilpujols5
03-15-2009, 10:13 PM
how about Brand to the Bulls for Hinrich and Salmons.

That could def. work for both teams.

doesnt effect bulls cap space for next year's free agency and it gives the Sixers a point guard and a g/f who can both shoot.

charlsdq7
03-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Were gonna keep him...we cant trade him cuz of his big contract....plus hes gonna make this team much better next yr no doubt

done2perfection
03-15-2009, 10:46 PM
When Brand is fully healthy he helps this team.The coaching change happened at a time we turned this team around and i don't think it was because Elton was hurt.This is a defensive rebounding team that gets blocks and starts fast breaks.Elton helps us huge in both of those areas.He will also help in the half court as soon as we sign a guy who can spread the floor and shoot.He will lead the Sixers next year in Pts,Reb,and Blks.

SeoulBeatz
03-15-2009, 11:05 PM
i still have faith, people will obviously keep hating and thats alright because when a players injured in the NBA they are forgotten. thats the way it is, happened to wade, boozer, shaq even had his downtime, Brand will be back.

SteveNash
03-15-2009, 11:21 PM
You think that they would be better off with Brand over those 2?

I think they could get more value trading them. And that playing Young at the 4 in the playoffs is never going to get you anywhere. So they might as well give up on that now, trade Miller and Iguodala for players that can shoot to give Brand the space he needs so he can go back to being a 20/10 player.

codes238
03-16-2009, 12:48 AM
they need to trade him and the only gm dumb enough to do that is mike dunleavy... i can see brand going back to the clips

JordansBulls
03-16-2009, 10:25 AM
how about Brand to the Bulls for Hinrich and Salmons.

That could def. work for both teams.

doesnt effect bulls cap space for next year's free agency and it gives the Sixers a point guard and a g/f who can both shoot.

I wouldn't trade Salmons. I would trade Hinrich and Deng to them for Brand though.

Rose
Salmons
Tim Thomas
Tyrus
Miller

JayW_1023
03-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Keep him and acquire someone who can actually shoot the basketball.

what54!?
03-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Keep him and acquire someone who can actually shoot the basketball.:laugh:

DitchDat
03-16-2009, 02:07 PM
try to use him, get 3 point shooters in the offseason.

lakerboy
03-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Trade him. You're not going to keep him and trade all the other guys, won't you?

ElMarroAfamado
03-16-2009, 02:43 PM
they are BETTER without him ....that is evident...
the sixers dont need em
but yeah its going to be difficult doing anything with the guy....
the only thing they can prob do is send him to a team that also has a superstar complaining that he wants out but thats unlikely

extreme k.closs
03-16-2009, 03:05 PM
I wouldn't trade Salmons. I would trade Hinrich and Deng to them for Brand though.

Rose
Salmons
Tim Thomas
Tyrus
Miller

I was thinking that exact same trade when i first read this thread. I think it would give the sixers the shooters they need and give the bulls the low post prescence they need cause miller sure as hell is not a post player

TYoung21
03-16-2009, 08:36 PM
The problem is you need shooters along with an inside presence (Spurs, Magic..) No one on the team can hit a 3 more than once a game it seems. We need to just draft the best shooter available or trade for a shooter. Also get rid of willie "2 for 11" green

dbow1920
03-16-2009, 09:03 PM
they are BETTER without him ....that is evident...the sixers dont need em
but yeah its going to be difficult doing anything with the guy....
the only thing they can prob do is send him to a team that also has a superstar complaining that he wants out but thats unlikely

we really arent...the breakout midway through the season was mainly a result of a coaching change...Mo Cheeks tried to force the ball to Brand and create a Halfcourt game, when this team is clearly built to run...when DiLeo took over he got us back to that and the first 2 games that brand was in the lineup we won both and brand was even able to score 27 points in one of those games...we really are worse without him...watch and see...this team with elton brand is a shooter away from being a top team in the league

Toxeryll
03-17-2009, 12:01 AM
they should have signed josh smith instead of brand since smith actually looks good on a running team like philly

Lakers4ItAll
04-06-2009, 01:35 AM
Brand is a solid player I would want him on my team anyday

EX-TREME
04-06-2009, 05:50 AM
trade him

Kakaroach
04-06-2009, 09:25 AM
I would keep him, mostly because nobody will trade for him. Start him or play him at the 5. That gives the 76ers more running in the open court that they like and if the game slows down, pound it inside to Brand. They would give up size advantages, but would proly score more.

MTone8788
04-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Don't trade him.

And for those saying the Sixers are better without him, that's bs. You don't know. Their was a coaching change, and even without Brand the team has had big losing slumps, so it's not him.

At the beginning of the season, Elton Brand and Thad Young were playing the best. Iguodala, Miller and Lou all were not playing how they should. Give them a chance to all play together under a good coach and we'll see...

koreancabbage
04-06-2009, 11:53 AM
rofl, Brand is pretty good and can only make a team better- he's not a black hole like Randolph or Oneal (Raptors :rolleyes:) in the post.

Philly is certainly not better without Brand- sheesh. he's only played in a handful of games and he's a given 20-10 guy. its all about team chemistry and Philly would only benefit him waiting out the remaining of the season and wait for next year.

and plus- can't trade him unless you include Miller/Iguadala/Young in a blockbuster deal cuz noones wants that contract and reoccuring injury with no upside to this trade (that would be the 3 aforementioned players)

KB24PG16
04-06-2009, 11:54 AM
id keep him he can only make your team better and they need a post up guy

charlsdq7
04-06-2009, 12:22 PM
were gonna keep him and hopefully get rid of Sammy D and get AI bak pliz!!!!!!1

29$JerZ
04-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Keep him and make him work on playing at a fast pace.
You do that your good.

pd7631
04-06-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm still on the fence with the whole Elton Brand thing. Aside from a 3 point shooter he's exactly what the team needs to get to that next level(or at least to be able to score more than 28 points against NJ in a half), but it didn't work for the short time he played this year. I do believe it can work, but one of my biggest issues with having him on the team is that he'll be 34 at the end of his contract, and he's not the tallest PF in the league, so as his legs start to go he could be virtually useless while making 18 million dollars(or close to it).

I definitely think we need to give it another shot next year at making it work, but if he's looking good and the team's struggling...I think a decision has to be made to either take what you can get from the guy, or decide to trade some of the young pieces(Iggy, Young, Lou) for some players that better fit Elton. I would hate to see that happen though because I wouldn't want us to try and build around a guy who's only going to get worse when we have a great nucleus to build around in Iggy, Young, Speights, and Lou.

the #1 priority for the Sixers this offseason has to be to try and deal Samuel Dalembert/Willie Green or Reggie Evans for a couple of 3 point shooters.

JordansBulls
04-06-2009, 12:59 PM
I think they could get more value trading them. And that playing Young at the 4 in the playoffs is never going to get you anywhere. So they might as well give up on that now, trade Miller and Iguodala for players that can shoot to give Brand the space he needs so he can go back to being a 20/10 player.

So if Young can't play the 4 are they planning on having him at the 3? Is playing Young at the 4 like playing Marion at the 4?

pd7631
04-06-2009, 01:10 PM
So if Young can't play the 4 are they planning on having him at the 3? Is playing Young at the 4 like playing Marion at the 4?

The ideal situation for the Sixers is to have Iggy at the 2 and Thad at the 3, it didn't work earlier in the year but there's differing opinions on whether or not Iggy can't play the 2 or he just was playing very badly at the time. Personally, I think that a lineup of Iggy at the 2 and Thad at the 3 can work, and that Iggy was just playing terrible at the beginning of the season.

Another possibility would be to bring in Allen Iverson to replace Willie Green as the starting 2 or he could be the starting PG should Andre Miller walk.

PG-Andre Miller--------------------PG-Allen Iverson
SG-Allen Iverson-------------------SG-Andre Iguodala
SF-Andre Iguodala-----------------SF-Thaddeus Young
PF-Elton Brand---------------------PF-Elton Brand
C-Samuel Dalembert----------------C-Samuel Dalembert
6th man-Thaddeus Young-----------6th man-Lou Williams

I like the lineup with Andre Miller a lot with Thad and Lou being the primary guys off the bench. It also would allow us to take Sam out for Thad and go with a small(but fast) lineup with Thad at the 4 and Brand at the 5.

To answer your comparison between Thad and Marion......Thaddeus is the superior offensive player at the 4(when compared to Marion) but Thaddeus isn't near strong enough to guard legit PF's, Marion is the better defender between the two.

IversonIsKrazy
04-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Sixers need a lot of Shooters and a superstar. U can't beat a competitive playoff team w/ Iggy as ur franchise guy.

Kakaroach
04-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Yeah, they need to trade Dalmebert and keep Brand. Maybe trade him to OKC for a draft pick and fillers? Their looking for a center who is good defensively and can rebound.

VCaintdead17
04-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Just keep him.

EHL
04-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Sixers has shown that they are a better team without Brand. Trade him.

Question is who will take that contract with 209 and 2010 FA around the corner?

JordansBulls
04-07-2009, 12:45 AM
Sixers has shown that they are a better team without Brand. Trade him.

Question is who will take that contract with 209 and 2010 FA around the corner?

I'm wondering if the Bulls would do it?

toisdabest81
04-07-2009, 01:03 AM
Keep him for another year

EHL
04-07-2009, 01:28 AM
I'm wondering if the Bulls would do it?

For whom? Luol Deng+ filler maybe? I think John Salmons has filled Deng's role quite efficiently. And he's waaayy cheaper. Kirk Hinrich + filler? I dont know who else would be near Brand's salary.

pd7631
04-07-2009, 01:33 AM
For whom? Luol Deng+ filler maybe? I think John Salmons has filled Deng's role quite efficiently. And he's waaayy cheaper. Kirk Hinrich + filler? I dont know who else would be near Brand's salary.

There's no way in hell the Sixers would trade EB for Deng. We already have Iggy and Thad at SF.

Hinrich would be more attractive because Andre Miller might walk and we could use a quality PG. But I don't think that trade makes us any better either.

We just need to keep him and cut the fat off(i.e.-Sammy D, Willie Green) the team for a couple 3 point shooters

EHL
04-07-2009, 01:36 AM
There's no way in hell the Sixers would trade EB for Deng. We already have Iggy and Thad at SF.

Hinrich would be more attractive because Andre Miller might walk and we could use a quality PG. But I don't think that trade makes us any better either.

We just need to keep him and cut the fat off(i.e.-Sammy D, Willie Green) the team for a couple 3 point shooters

Yeah, you're right about the Deng part. Maybe a three team trade could move Brand.

I think Philly needs to make some room for Iverson. He was at his best as a Sixer so let him retire as a Sixer.

JordansBulls
04-07-2009, 11:08 AM

Hinrich and Tim Thomas for Elton Brand.

MilfHunter07
04-07-2009, 11:11 AM
why would the sixers ever do that trade?

GCOOKIE7
04-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Just make like veggies and DIPPPPPPPP HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JayW_1023
04-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Hold onto him and get a proven shooter. Perhaps they could draft Stephen Curry.

TYoung21
04-07-2009, 03:53 PM
I want him out. I think Speights can start at PF and move Thad and Iggy down to the 3 and 2. Any team want a big for a shooter?

pd7631
04-07-2009, 04:27 PM
I want him out. I think Speights can start at PF and move Thad and Iggy down to the 3 and 2. Any team want a big for a shooter?

No way...I'd rather trade Sammy D and move Speights to center. We don't need to trade EB to move Thad and Iggy down to the 3 and 2. Elton's a good player and he was doing fine before he got hurt, if the rest of the team can gel around him he gives us exactly what we need.

allvalleychamp
04-07-2009, 04:41 PM
trade him to the warriors for maggette and azabuke

goku
04-07-2009, 04:42 PM
get some shooters i believe they dont shoot threes good bigman need spacing to be effective trade samuel for troy murphy

Knowledge
04-07-2009, 04:56 PM

Why? We need him to get where we wanna be. Name the last team to win a championship without a big man. Jordan's Bulls? <---No pun intended.

unwantedplayer
04-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Trade him. They could get another player that will be more useful than him.

pd7631
04-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Getting rid of Elton would be a huge mistake for the Sixers. All you have to do is look at how we did last year in the Playoffs, or more recently our last game against the Nets. If we can't get out in transition we can't do anything offensively. Trading Elton would be getting rid of the player that solves our biggest issue. Like I said before, this team will be fine if we get one or two real solid 3 point shooters to spread the floor. Earlier this season we sucked with Elton because he would draw doubles and the rest of the team couldn't make open shots. He did a great job shot blocking for us on defense and everbody knows what kind of rebounder he is. The team needs to adjust, and they've started doing that. Thad Young started seeing a shooting coach and his outside shot is much improved.

The only way I'd be happy with this team trading Elton is if we did it as a salary dump. But aside from getting another all-star caliber post player, there's no trade we could make that would make us better than if we kept EB.

bringinwood
04-07-2009, 05:52 PM
It's always been said that, in the NBA, you rarely get better through free agency...

It's usually via trade or the draft... With that said, it was high risk and there is potential for high reward... You have to explore your options through trading him... If you get some expirings for him and cap flexibility for 2010, I say don't hesitate.... If you don't then hold onto him and take the initial risk you ventured into when you signed him to that massive deal...
It's a risk either way, because if you trade him, there's potential that he will regain form for a fraction of what his trade value is...

JordansBulls
04-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Getting rid of Elton would be a huge mistake for the Sixers. All you have to do is look at how we did last year in the Playoffs, or more recently our last game against the Nets. If we can't get out in transition we can't do anything offensively. Trading Elton would be getting rid of the player that solves our biggest issue. Like I said before, this team will be fine if we get one or two real solid 3 point shooters to spread the floor. Earlier this season we sucked with Elton because he would draw doubles and the rest of the team couldn't make open shots. He did a great job shot blocking for us on defense and everbody knows what kind of rebounder he is. The team needs to adjust, and they've started doing that. Thad Young started seeing a shooting coach and his outside shot is much improved.

The only way I'd be happy with this team trading Elton is if we did it as a salary dump. But aside from getting another all-star caliber post player, there's no trade we could make that would make us better than if we kept EB.

Well if you are saying just save him for the playoffs than I can agree with that. Maybe his impact will be felt at that time. But for the season, it doesn't appear they miss him much.

pd7631
04-08-2009, 01:17 AM
Well if you are saying just save him for the playoffs than I can agree with that. Maybe his impact will be felt at that time. But for the season, it doesn't appear they miss him much.

Did you read my post? I said that you can look back at last year's playoffs or MORE RECENTLY THEIR LAST GAME AGAINST NJ to see why they need Elton so bad. Anytime we can't get our transition game going we can't do anything on offense. We are a fast break team, but Phoenix we are not. What do I mean by that? Phoenix gets out on breaks and runs guys to the corners for threes, we don't have that option, so if teams stop ball against us then we're forced into a half court offense....and that's where Elton comes in. Not only do we need Elton for the playoffs but we especially need him to be more than a 40-45 win team and a 5th-7th seed type team.

pd7631
04-08-2009, 01:21 AM
^^plus I can't even count the number of games that we've dug ourselves big holes in that we have been lucky enough to crawl out of. Our record this season is more of an indication of how hard we play and not how well we play. We could easily be at the bottom of the standings if we didn't scrap and claw our ways to wins most nights.

blazerman
06-21-2009, 04:48 AM
Well either play him and hope for the best or trade him to Memphis for some expiring contracts and anything else.

Theres some talent in Philly but there is one major problem that will continue to hurt them every yr and that is their management overpays players to the point that they dont have any flexibility in trades or with the cap.

Dalembert, Brand and Iggy to name a few, 6ers were so worried about losing Iggy that they just gave him a big longterm contract when they probably could have gotten him for 20 million less.

Well see if what they do with Miller now!

JordansBulls
06-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Source: Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnnG13QYnfazOQAvGb_6.sQ5nYcB?slug=aw-draftnotes061909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

League executives say Philadelphia 76ers forward Elton Brand(notes) and the four years and $65 million left on his contract are available.

Looks like they want to get rid of him.

Penetra8r
06-21-2009, 10:28 AM
If they can find a team to send him, trade him.

SeoulBeatz
06-21-2009, 12:25 PM
everyone in philly is pretty content with keeping him.

we desperately need a low post presence and brand is that.

people said we played poorly the month brand was here, well for that same month we also had an incredibly shiity coach in mo cheeks who didnt know how to use brand.

i feel with eddie jordan and the new princeton offense and the addition of another shooter after Jason Kapono this offense would thrive and NEEDS brand.

its easy to kick a man when he's down and im sure it makes a lot of hater fans feel good about themselves, but brand is still a very solid player and i have no doubt he'll fit in.

D-Leethal
06-21-2009, 04:55 PM
He should get traded for a faceup big man like Bosh or Amare who thrive in the uptempo game

JordansBulls
06-23-2009, 03:34 PM
He should get traded for a faceup big man like Bosh or Amare who thrive in the uptempo game

Yeah but they ain't going to trade them for him.

Mc Uncle Cola
06-23-2009, 03:48 PM
lol they cant trade his contract

TYoung21
06-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Just need a PG that shoot off the P&R, so hopefully Miller played his last game as a sixer.

LT.CARDWISIE
06-23-2009, 07:36 PM
trade a package of players with brand to raptors for BOSH;);)

SeoulBeatz
06-23-2009, 07:46 PM
trade a package of players with brand to raptors for BOSH;);)

lol all these people thinking proposing we magically trade Brand for Bosh.

thats not gonna happen, no one wants brand except for people in philly and im completely fine with that. i know that he will return to his 20-10 form and we need a bruiser like him in the paint.

PhillyBoomerang
06-23-2009, 07:47 PM
he is not going anywhere!

NY Greenman
06-23-2009, 07:51 PM
He's been injured, so the chance of trading him is slim., and don't forget, that if he can come back and perform to the level that he can, he will be a huge part of the team. Much love for my boy from Peekskill.

BoomBaby35
06-23-2009, 08:04 PM
For the Philadelphia Sixers what should they do with Elton Brand next year?

Should they keep him next year or try to trade him?

Trade him to the pacers for TJ Ford and Marquis Daniels.

RaysFan
06-23-2009, 08:18 PM
The only team I can see trading for him is Cleveland. They could give Philly expiring contracts, JJ Hickson, and maybe a pick.

ggg
06-23-2009, 08:46 PM
cheeks is not that good of a coach imo. elton will have his comeback with eddie jordan. not a bigcomeback like "wow". but he's gonna get shots that he like and he's gonna make them.

raptor fan
06-23-2009, 10:05 PM
involve him in a 3 way deal?:

Clippers trade: Baron Davis + DeAndre Jordan
Clippers get: Corey Maggette

Golden State trades: Corey Maggette + Ronny Turiaf
Golden State gets: Elton Brand + DeAndre Jordan + Jason Smith

Philadelphia trades: Elton Brand + Jason Smith
Philadelphia gets: Baron Davis + Ronny Turiaf

L.A saves some money
Golden State gets bigger at the 4 position. brand/biedrins would be a good front court
Philly gets rid of brand and gets a PG in return

jdub81192
06-23-2009, 10:31 PM
i think they should trade him to the cavs for there draft pick and delonte west and wally serbiak, philly gets the shooters they need and a pick and cavs get the big man they need

Bausman
06-24-2009, 12:24 AM
Leave him alone... they didnt have any shooters so teams could clog the paint, now that they have Kapono that opens things up for brand's back to the basket game, and for AI2 to slash and penetrate.

Also having a new coach will make the adjustment of adding elton back into the line up much easier. Philly, IF healthy, could be a top team in the east.

dre1990
06-24-2009, 12:45 AM
NO ONE wants the contract he has. Philly better get used to having him around

Reyes6
06-24-2009, 12:49 AM
I never understood why, in a game of chemistry a player would be so quick to be traded. He needs to learn the team, they are very different from the Clippers... He went from a team with OMG I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO to a much faster paced 76ers. He needs time, just as every player does after signing a big contract. Give him a couple more years, plus you aren't going to get anything near his value. Especially not in a time where everyone is looking to shed cap for 2010.

dibacco59
06-24-2009, 01:00 AM
Leave him alone... they didnt have any shooters so teams could clog the paint, now that they have Kapono that opens things up for brand's back to the basket game, and for AI2 to slash and penetrate.

Also having a new coach will make the adjustment of adding elton back into the line up much easier. Philly, IF healthy, could be a top team in the east.

i thought i was the only one