PDA

View Full Version : I want to surprise my boyfriend ... help me!

Virginia
03-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Hi,

I am thinking of surprising my boyfriend by taking him out to a Raptors game at the end of this month but I dont know much about basketball so I would really appreciate some help and advice please! I just need a few tips!

I am more of a hockey fan and it shocks me to see that last minute raptors tickets are sold cheaper than face value whereas hockey ones are sold 2 or 3 times higher. Are the seats going to be filled up or are we going to find ourselves sitting alone?

Now, more importantly, which game should I go for: against the Oklahoma City Thunder or the Chicago Bulls. We have no specific preferences, we just want to see a good game.

And lastly, where are the best seats in upper bowl? Are we going to be able to see anything? I found tickets in lower bowl section 102 row 32 for $100 the pair, is that a good deal?

Again, some help would be really appreciated. Thank you!

Zefflin
03-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Every guy except any sad sappy sucker didn't read all the way through that and thought to themselves..."why would i help this girl out for her boyfriend?"

Sad reality.

:shrug:

abe_froman
03-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Every guy except any sad sappy sucker didn't read all the way through that and thought to themselves..."why would i help this girl out for her boyfriend?"

Sad reality.

:shrug:

why not?

b_rad23
03-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Bulls=Close game
OKC=Durant

Zefflin
03-14-2009, 04:55 PM
why not?

Go ahead then.

handbanana55
03-14-2009, 04:57 PM
maybe go see Chicago but OKC might be a more interesting game and 100 bucks isnt to bad

Kyle N.
03-14-2009, 04:58 PM
You won't be sitting alone don't worry about that. As far as seats, I don't know the ACC but I've found the experience at games in the upper level as enjoyable as the lower level but the tickets you found are really a great deal. I would reccomend getting them. Another thing I would do is go out for a late lunch/early dinner kind of thing. The food as the games isn't very good and is way overpriced.

abe_froman
03-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Go ahead then.

i dont know the arena(font live in tor)

bulls if you want the raps to have sure fire win,okc would be more exciting game to watch but the outcome is uncertain

SJSHARKIES
03-14-2009, 05:04 PM
I would go with Oklahoma, they have Durant who is the best player out of the 3 teams arguably along with Bosh, it will be a close game and there is nothing more exciting than a close game.

BrizzleBear
03-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Watch the bulls you get to Derrick Rose well worth the money.

GodsSon
03-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Alright, i would say pick the Bulls because they are a better overall team, and the game should be more entertaining...plus they have a very good player anyway. The seats are a good deal, but 102 at the ACC is behind the basket, and not far from the upper bowl, sooo, if you can find tickets on the upper bowl but with more of a side view, look into that...if not, those tickets are fine.

Jonathan2323
03-14-2009, 05:11 PM
would your boy friend want to see the Raptors play? they are horrible. surprise him with something esle.

IDB Josh M
03-14-2009, 05:12 PM
100 bucks for a pair of tix in the lower section?!?! Go for it! If he's a basketball fan, I'm certain he'll appreciate them regardless of what game.

As for the game itself, OKC = more competition whereas Bulls = sure Toronto win. (who knows though, maybe Derrick Rose can keep the game close).

I wish I had a girlfriend who got me Lakers tix. On that note, are there any lakers fans who's girlfriend surprised them with Clippers tickets?

fanfromtheCAPE
03-14-2009, 05:20 PM
forget basketball want to surprise him bring another dude home he will be surprised lol jk

Hellcrooner
03-14-2009, 05:28 PM
He will apreciate the present even if you get the worst seats.

theuuord
03-14-2009, 05:32 PM
would your boy friend want to see the Raptors play? they are horrible. surprise him with something esle.

Do you have a girlfriend? Are you in his relationship? Maybe he's a Raptors fan.

Jeez. :pity:

Chicago is a better team, but Oklahoma City has more exciting players overall. If he's a big Raptors fan, take him to see Chicago - it'll probably be a better game - but if he's just a big basketball fan, take him to see OKC instead.

As for the seats, I can't help you, but this website could: http://www.seatdata.com Best site for seats I've seen.

But like someone said earlier, he'll likely appreciate just going to a game with you.

fairandbalanced
03-14-2009, 05:32 PM
I advice you to buy Hockey tickets...........now that will be a surprise.

what54!?
03-14-2009, 05:33 PM
You may or may not be sitting by yourselves. idk :shrug:

Take him to the bulls game. That would probably be the better of the two

Jonathan2323
03-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Do you have a girlfriend? Are you in his relationship? Maybe he's a Raptors fan.

Chicago is a better team, but Oklahoma City has more exciting players overall. If he's a big Raptors fan, take him to see Chicago - it'll probably be a better game - but if he's just a big basketball fan, take him to see OKC instead.

As for the seats, I can't help you, but this website could: http://www.seatdata.com Best site for seats I've seen.

But like someone said earlier, he'll likely appreciate just going to a game with you.

get off my ***. geez. i do have a girlfriend and i asked a question read the post again. :pity: .

abe_froman
03-14-2009, 05:45 PM

dude chill,he was giving a half joking response,ya know because they suck(anyone can see that)

VCaintdead17
03-14-2009, 05:48 PM
OKC. They are more exciting, where as the Bulls, are kinda boring. But the bulls have more name value, so either way, you should be fine

superkegger
03-14-2009, 08:44 PM
I'd go with oral sex while letting him watch the raptors game on TV. Cheaper and he'll enjoy it just as much, if not more. :shrug:

Kyle N.
03-14-2009, 08:45 PM
I'd go with oral sex while letting him watch the raptors game on TV. Cheaper and he'll enjoy it just as much, if not more. :shrug:

You've obviously have never been to a Raptors game. :eyebrow:

ggg
03-14-2009, 08:48 PM
put the tickets inside the cake.

mrblisterdundee
03-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Just perform some kinky sexual act with him. Going to a Raptors game is a waste of time. Besides, what do you need to know about going to a sporting event? You buy the tickets, you go watch the game, and you most likely cheer. There is also a high likelihood of food and beverage consumption.

ggg
03-14-2009, 08:59 PM
you dont want no sexual act thats just gon be another buzzed night. take him to lunch, put the tickets inside the cake, deliver the cake to him. and bam! he'd be all excited. take the bulls game, if theres a heat game, take heat. d.wade is fire ryt now.

superkegger
03-14-2009, 09:03 PM
You've obviously have never been to a Raptors game. :eyebrow:

nope, don't need to have been either. Oral sex is better.

Of course, if you gave him oral sex at the Raptors game....

Giaps
03-14-2009, 09:03 PM
I'd recommend posting this in the Toronto Raptors section. They would know the arena/seats/prices better.

PS. Stop acting like pigs.

BSD8393
03-14-2009, 09:09 PM

or she could go with oral sex at the game. it would be very exciting and would most likely make the news.

superkegger
03-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Who's acting like a pig? If you're refering to me suggesting oral sex, I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Men love sex, giving him that would be a good present, especially if it is not the norm.

magichatnumber9
03-14-2009, 09:10 PM
If you can get tickets with a decent view then you should have a great time. I like Durant so I would see the OKC game. Have fun