PDA

View Full Version : Game Predictions - March 14, 2008

mrblisterdundee
03-14-2009, 04:14 PM
The Jazz will beat the Heat. They are simply too much for Dwayne Wade. Utah has the advantage at every position except for shooting guard. As of this post, they are in the third period of overtime.

Charlotte will beat Minnesota. With Al Jefferson out, there is nobody on the Timberwolves to stop Emeka Okafur. Gerald Wallace should also have an easy night against Mike Miller. Boris Diaw shouldn't encounter any troublesome match-ups. The Timberwolves are just too young, and are missing their most important piece.

New Orleans will beat Chicago. People can talk about Derrick Rose as much as they want, but Chris Paul is still the better point guard. Tyson Chandler is too big for anybody on the Bulls to effectively guard him. The same can be said for David West. Chicago is better at the shooting guard and small forward positions, but that won't be enough.

San Antonio will beat Houston. Yao Ming will have a big game, but so will Tim Dincan. Tony Parker will dominate Aaron Brooks. Also, the Spurs' front court depth, with Kurt Thomas and Drew Gooden, will be too much for Houston's younger big men not named Yao Ming. Ron Artest and Bruce Bowen will both have a grinding defensive game, and cancel each other out in terms of advantage. Shane Battier could be an X-factor. In the end, though, the Spurs are too consistent and have more positions covered.

Denver will beat the Clippers. Nothing else needs to be said.

The Suns will beat the Thunder. Shaquille O'neal dominating on the Thunder big men will be the deciding factor in this game. Russell Westbrook will likely have a better game than Steve Nash. Jason Richardson will be free to do whatever he wants. Grant Hill will be guarding Jeff Green most of the time, but Green will still have another solid game. With Durant, the Thunder might have had a chance. Without him, they don't have enough fire power.

ggg
03-14-2009, 08:52 PM
how can artest and bowen cancel each other out? lol. bowen's offense is canceled out at the opening tip.

mrblisterdundee
03-14-2009, 08:58 PM
how can artest and bowen cancel each other out? lol. bowen's offense is canceled out at the opening tip.

Ron Artest's offense will be canceled out by Bruce Bowen.

I Stole Home
03-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Minnesota will beat Charlotte
NOH will beat the Bulls

Those are the only games i care about as a Knick fan

b_rad23
03-14-2009, 10:15 PM
The Jazz will beat the Heat. They are simply too much for Dwayne Wade. Utah has the advantage at every position except for shooting guard. As of this post, they are in the third period of overtime.

Charlotte will beat Minnesota. With Al Jefferson out, there is nobody on the Timberwolves to stop Emeka Okafur. Gerald Wallace should also have an easy night against Mike Miller. Boris Diaw shouldn't encounter any troublesome match-ups. The Timberwolves are just too young, and are missing their most important piece.

New Orleans will beat Chicago. People can talk about Derrick Rose as much as they want, but Chris Paul is still the better point guard. Tyson Chandler is too big for anybody on the Bulls to effectively guard him. The same can be said for David West. Chicago is better at the shooting guard and small forward positions, but that won't be enough.

San Antonio will beat Houston. Yao Ming will have a big game, but so will Tim Dincan. Tony Parker will dominate Aaron Brooks. Also, the Spurs' front court depth, with Kurt Thomas and Drew Gooden, will be too much for Houston's younger big men not named Yao Ming. Ron Artest and Bruce Bowen will both have a grinding defensive game, and cancel each other out in terms of advantage. Shane Battier could be an X-factor. In the end, though, the Spurs are too consistent and have more positions covered.

Denver will beat the Clippers. Nothing else needs to be said.

The Suns will beat the Thunder. Shaquille O'neal dominating on the Thunder big men will be the deciding factor in this game. Russell Westbrook will likely have a better game than Steve Nash. Jason Richardson will be free to do whatever he wants. Grant Hill will be guarding Jeff Green most of the time, but Green will still have another solid game. With Durant, the Thunder might have had a chance. Without him, they don't have enough fire power.

:clap::clap::clap:
Looking good. So far you're right about the Clippers game!

pete_one
03-14-2009, 10:21 PM
heat beat jazz in 3OT and Chi twon is whooping Nola's *** god damn!

BullsNumber1Fan
03-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Wow, these might be the most unpredictable day so far.:rolleyes: Your 1st 3 predictions were off.:laugh:

The Heat win in triple OT, the Wolves won by 8, and the Bulls were beatingthe Hornets by 35 at one point in the game. Not even close, sorry man.

Kohaku
03-15-2009, 02:13 AM
Hey buddy looks like your prediction was a bit off there xD.

Vinny642
03-15-2009, 02:25 AM
Wow, these might be the most unpredictable day so far.:rolleyes: Your 1st 3 predictions were off.:laugh:

The Heat win in triple OT, the Wolves won by 8, and the Bulls were beatingthe Hornets by 35 at one point in the game. Not even close, sorry man.

:cry::cry::mad:
we played terribly today good job bulls, only cp did good...

Lakers09
03-15-2009, 02:58 AM
haha none of you analysis was right...nice try though. Try to make one every day, its interesting seeing what other fans think!

superkegger
03-15-2009, 03:25 AM
:laugh:

A few observations on your basketball genius.

With Al Jefferson out, there is nobody on the Timberwolves to stop Emeka Okafur.

He was unstoppable, on his way to 9 points and 5 boards in 30 minutes.

Boris Diaw shouldn't encounter any troublesome match-ups.

Nope, no trouble in his awesome 12 and 7 with 3 assists, awesome.

And the Wolves beat the Bobcats.

(you were right about gforce though)

New Orleans will beat Chicago.

wrong right off the bat, not good.

People can talk about Derrick Rose as much as they want, but Chris Paul is still the better point guard.

this bold prediction held true.

Tyson Chandler is too big for anybody on the Bulls to effectively guard him. The same can be said for David West. Chicago is better at the shooting guard and small forward positions, but that won't be enough.

Chander and West combined for 14 points and 13 boards, 5 TO's and 4 blocks in 70 minutes.

Tyrus and Noah comibned for 14 points 13 boards, 1 TO, 4 assists and 1 block in 53 minutes.

Who was too much for who?

San Antonio will beat Houston. Yao Ming will have a big game, but so will Tim Dincan.
If by big for yao you meant 18 and 11 and for Duncan 15 and 12, i guess. I don't think I'd call those big games, but about what you'd expect.

Tony Parker will dominate Aaron Brooks.

I don't know that I'd call what TP did dominating Aaron Brooks. He had the better game sure, but dominate him, i dont think so.

Ron Artest and Bruce Bowen will both have a grinding defensive game, and cancel each other out in terms of advantage.

Bruce Bowen and his grinding 4 seconds of play.

Shaquille O'neal dominating on the Thunder big men will be the deciding factor in this game.

Yes shaq's 12 and 3 in 25 minutes dominted the outcome of this game.

Russell Westbrook will likely have a better game than Steve Nash.

Nothing to do with you here, but when was the last time anyone saw the two starting point guards combine for 15 turnovers and 15 assists? wtf.

Jason Richardson will be free to do whatever he wants.

By this I assume you meant he'll have a good game, not go 3-9 for 6 points. But if by do whatever he wants you mean he'll slack off and be mostly useless, then spot on.

You kill me man. Like, cool if you want to predict the games. But man, this post just cracked me up. Maybe next time to be so sure in your basketball knowledge and let it make you look like a fool.

BullsNumber1Fan
03-15-2009, 10:53 AM
:cry::cry::mad:
we played terribly today good job bulls, only cp did good...

Yea, NOBODY came to play for you guys. CP3 was killing, but nobody was doing anything. Tyson helped us more than you guys and David West looked very disinterested. James Posey could hit any shot and Rasual Butler wasn't doing anything. Julian Wright wasn't to bad though.

Vinny642
03-16-2009, 02:15 AM
Yea, NOBODY came to play for you guys. CP3 was killing, but nobody was doing anything. Tyson helped us more than you guys and David West looked very disinterested. James Posey could hit any shot and Rasual Butler wasn't doing anything. Julian Wright wasn't to bad though.
Noah pissed me off DWest would KILL him in a fight, he better Shut his mouth, he didn't deserve any respect yet.

BullsNumber1Fan
03-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Noah pissed me off DWest would KILL him in a fight, he better Shut his mouth, he didn't deserve any respect yet.

I don't know about that, pot heads are pretty crazy!:p I was laughing so hard when Noah took that 15 foot jump shot over Tyson and swished it. It made my day because it was the first time he ever shot that far from the hoop.