PDA

View Full Version : What I hate about the NBA

yojoe792
03-14-2009, 03:53 PM
B****ing.

These guys are employed. They are essentially paid employees. Players receive massive amounts of money and fame, to do their job.

WHAT DON'T THEY GET?

The NBA isn't a park pickup game. If you don't like your team, you don't just ask for a switch. It's their job to get up every morning, show up to practice on time, play hard, and be a good teammate. In return, they make huge dough.

I'm not crazy about my job. I'd rather be doing something more fun with an MBA, like being a sports agent. But it pays big, so I shut up, and I do it.

No, not NBA players. Not Shawn Marion, not Stephon Marbury, not Allen Iverson. For some reason, this is a game, not a job, and NBA players treat it like ****. It's an insult to the league and its fans.

I'm pissed off and tired of this.

Kakaroach
03-14-2009, 03:55 PM
I agree this is sad. People are struggling in this times and NBA players, ESPECIALLY STEPHON ****ING MARBURY, don't care and aren't willing to take a paycut when he makes over $20 million a year.

yojoe792
03-14-2009, 06:36 PM
No one agrees I guess...

S.J.Basketball
03-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Yea I hear ya. You're getting paid a lot of money to stay in shape and play a sport. Dream come true. Ego's get big and attitudes form and an automatic sense of entitlement develops. It's how it goes when you get paid that much money.

LA_Raiders
03-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Stern and his endless love for LeBroom...

IDB Josh M
03-14-2009, 07:04 PM
I could be wrong, but I think the players are entitled to more money if they win a championship.

yojoe792
03-14-2009, 07:14 PM
I could be wrong, but I think the players are entitled to more money if they win a championship.

:confused:

This has nothing to do with the amount of money they make, it has to do with the fact that they are paid HUGE, yet request trades as if the league is a pickup game. They are paid to do their job. So shut the ***k up and do it.

aZekuiS
03-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Shouldn't you put Kobe in there aswell? I remember kobe whining about wanting out before they got Gasol to stop his crying.

BigEric
03-14-2009, 07:24 PM
I hate the the fact that when I watch an NBA game I get no excitement from any team.

Go watch college basketball you feel the excitement and energy.

Rhino
03-14-2009, 07:53 PM
This sport has been a joke on a professional level for awhile now. Your right most of the players could care less and it shows. Their own officials can't even call one decent game consistently.

superkegger
03-14-2009, 07:58 PM
I understand to an extent. But these guys have been pampered probably since their 6th grade AAU team. They're prima dona's.

While I don't like it when they complain about being on a bad team or in an unfavorable situation, it's not limited to the NBA, it's pretty prevalent in Pro sports as a whole. A lot of it probably has to do with the fact that with 24 news/sports networks, constantly putting a camera and microphone in front of these guys, we simply hear more of it now than ever. I'm sure players have felt the same way for years, just never had an outlet for it, and now they do, so it just becomes more public.

BoltLakerPadre
03-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Then don't watch the NBA. There are plenty of people who love it, plenty of athletes who work their *** off, and plenty of other options for people who don't want to watch.

KnicksorBust
03-14-2009, 08:38 PM
:confused:

This has nothing to do with the amount of money they make, it has to do with the fact that they are paid HUGE, yet request trades as if the league is a pickup game. They are paid to do their job. So shut the ***k up and do it.

I don't think this problem is just limited to just NBA athletes...

JaysFan87
03-14-2009, 08:47 PM
B****ing.

These guys are employed. They are essentially paid employees. Players receive massive amounts of money and fame, to do their job.

WHAT DON'T THEY GET?

The NBA isn't a park pickup game. If you don't like your team, you don't just ask for a switch. It's their job to get up every morning, show up to practice on time, play hard, and be a good teammate. In return, they make huge dough.

I'm not crazy about my job. I'd rather be doing something more fun with an MBA, like being a sports agent. But it pays big, so I shut up, and I do it.

No, not NBA players. Not Shawn Marion, not Stephon Marbury, not Allen Iverson. For some reason, this is a game, not a job, and NBA players treat it like ****. It's an insult to the league and its fans.

I understand your logic and frustration, but u are not looking at eh whole picture and are not looking at the market they are in. Regardless of what job u do in life you work in a market. Others make a tone more than you and other make significantly less than you but whatever they make they make in a market. Now understanding that you can see that the in the NBA market there are better jobs and worse jobs. More exciting jobs and less exciting jobs. Just like teh person working for a company on Wall Street or Bay Street(Canadian version) or for a person working at the restaurant downtown or uptown. Whatever u do in life there are better places to work in your field and worse players. Now for everyday ppl like me and you its hard to imagine this when players make that much money, but they live in that world and we dont so its really hard to understand. And like me and you who sometimes or all the time hate our jobs, you would be surprised how many pro athletes hate their job but continue to do it for the money.

yojoe792
03-14-2009, 09:46 PM
I understand your logic and frustration, but u are not looking at eh whole picture and are not looking at the market they are in. Regardless of what job u do in life you work in a market. Others make a tone more than you and other make significantly less than you but whatever they make they make in a market. Now understanding that you can see that the in the NBA market there are better jobs and worse jobs. More exciting jobs and less exciting jobs. Just like teh person working for a company on Wall Street or Bay Street(Canadian version) or for a person working at the restaurant downtown or uptown. Whatever u do in life there are better places to work in your field and worse players. Now for everyday ppl like me and you its hard to imagine this when players make that much money, but they live in that world and we dont so its really hard to understand. And like me and you who sometimes or all the time hate our jobs, you would be surprised how many pro athletes hate their job but continue to do it for the money.

True, true.

But put it this way.

Neither of us LOVE our job. In my case, it pays really well, so I stay with it, but it's not fun. Judging by your last post, you're not crazy about your job either, but you need to stick with it.

Do I b**ch about my situation to my boss? To my co workers? The public? No.

I'm guessing you don't either, and if you do, that's a shame. NBA players just moan and moan and moan. Shutup, do your job, your paid big.

NYMetros
03-14-2009, 09:49 PM
B****ing.

WHAT DON'T THEY GET?

I agree somewhat. But what has Allen Iverson done recently that makes you throw his name in there?

jrodmesche
03-14-2009, 10:01 PM
why dont you gize stop *****ng Nba players work hard but for some reason all yall just think they skip on to the court and get paid 20 mil for it well your wrong.

smith&wesson
03-14-2009, 10:23 PM
B****ing.

WHAT DON'T THEY GET?

with all due respect my man i disagree. These players arent just doing a job and getting paid for it. they are athletes. they worked theyre whole lives to get to where they are. If kobe is the best player in the leugue and knows it why would he want to play with a laker team that doesnt have a gasol or odem. He feels that he should be playing on a contending team and u know what he is right. He is way too talented to be on a team thats not making the playoffs. All he had to do was make some noise and managment went out and got gasol. And look what happend after that. last year they went to the finals and it looks like he is going back there again this year. and as much as money theyse players make. they know theyre employers have 20 times that amount of money. Do they deserve to get mistreated ? Look what happend to marbury. Im not a marbury fan but the guy sat on the bench for the whole season ? and only when they were short players due to a trade dantoni asks him to play. the trueth is he came to training camp in shape and ready to play and they didnt let him. 22 mill a year and they dont play him ? at that point the money becomes irellevant. plus these are some of the most competative ppl in the world. why train your *** off your whole life to get to the nba and play for owners that dont care about championships. Look at pheonix theyre owner only cares about money. I will agree that these guys get a paycheck and should shut up and do theyre job. but attitude reflects leader ship. If your franshize is lead by greedy owners who dont care about winning then why waste your career you worked soo hard your whole life to establish. what these players do is put pressure on the owners to suround them with better players and a more winning team or they ask to be traded. and i dont blame them. the lakers were content with just selling seats having kobe play on a crap team because the fans woulds still go to the games. and if kobe just shut his mouth and played for his paycheck the lakers wouldnt be as good as they are today. BUT he put pressure on the his gm to trade him and when the gm realized he wasnt going to get equal value he knew he would have to put together a good team or kobe would be gone. thus the fans would be gone. thus his job would be gone. I agree with you about getting paid and acting profesional but the trueth of the matter is the rich owners of any sports team is hardly profesional. they are greedy and only out for profit gain. i dont play them because they are owners but thats the nature of the business. what do you think ? im interested in seeing what you have to say .. because you have alot of good points too.

Vinny642
03-15-2009, 04:17 AM
I hate it too... spoiled *** players, choosing what they get to do as in being released, demanding trades, not playing. Its sickening

extreme k.closs
03-15-2009, 06:38 AM
B****ing.

WHAT DON'T THEY GET?

i agree. It's pretty pathetic the way these guys act, being as to how they get paid millions. Yeah it is kind of an insult to people who work regular jobs, and don't have any say like players do in there jobs. They act like being a famous millionare is so bad.And i've always wondered if gang crap has played apart in some players choices on teams. Not saying they're all gangbangers but just say some guy is a blood or some of his family is part of it, and the other guy on team is a crypt or family related thing? Just wondered if that crap has ever played apart in why some players want to leave a team.

nalej85
03-15-2009, 06:48 AM
I don't think this problem is just limited to just NBA athletes...

Exactly

Ollie Tabooger
03-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Stern and his endless love for LeBroom...

:clap: agree totally

Ollie Tabooger
03-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Shouldn't you put Kobe in there aswell? I remember kobe whining about wanting out before they got Gasol to stop his crying.

no kobe shouldnt be put in there.