PDA

View Full Version : How would Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando do if they were in the west?

shonk688
03-14-2009, 03:36 PM
:)

superkegger
03-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Probably about the same, maybe 2-3 game difference.

cmstophe
03-14-2009, 03:47 PM
They would lose a little more but still be the top NBA teams. Duh.

macc
03-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Considering all 3 teams pretty much dominate the West I'm sure they would do fine. An Elite team is an elite team no matter what division you are.

lakers4sho
03-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Switching to a different conference would have more effects on a middle to lower tier teams than on elite teams like BOS, CLE, or LAL.

LaKeRs824
03-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Considering all 3 teams pretty much dominate the West I'm sure they would do fine. An Elite team is an elite team no matter what division you are.

they would be behind the lakers the jazz and spurs

1. Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Celtics
4.Jazz
5.Cavs
6.Magic

they dominate the teams in the west that dont deserve to be in the NBA, the cavs and celtics are a combined 0-4 against the lakers

the only team to sweep the lakers this year are the magic and they still dont scare the laker team one bit

cleveland, boston, and the magic beat up on the crappy teams in the east and make there record seem better than it really is

im prolly going to get the hate from the fans of the eastern teams cuz i am a die hard laker fan, but facts are facts

lebron, although an amazing player, doesnt show up against the good teams

celtics not deep enough, despite mikki moore and starbury, to contend with the lakers

magic, no chance.

RaysFan
03-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Cleveland has owned the West this year. I think they are something like 23-4.

And LeBron doesn't show up against good teams? Well I don't know if that is true or not but his record against the Top-9 in the West is 12-4. That isn't bad.

da wood
03-14-2009, 04:09 PM
that is a good question

cmoneytakemoney
03-14-2009, 04:14 PM
If Boston and Cleveland were in the West they would compete with the Lakers for the #1 seed but, Orlando would probably be a #5 or #6 seed. The Celtics and Cavs both beat up on the West so, I know they'd still be 2 of the best teams in basketball.

cmstophe
03-14-2009, 04:18 PM

How did he single handily dominate the Celtics in January then? answer this please, dont dodge it.

JordansBulls
03-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Pretty much what they are doing now.

JabberJaw
03-14-2009, 04:28 PM
The Lakers swept both the C's and Cavs. They (big 3 in the East) would still be fighting for a top spot in the West, but would have worse records than they do now. The Celtics lost to the CLIPPERS. That is probably the worst team in the league. The Cavs have been squeeking out victories all year, to some of the leagues worst. When you see the clearly deeper West teams 4 times a year, as opposed to 2 times a year, you are going to catch some loses in there. The West is still so much deeper. Maybe the big 3 teams would be ok, but I don't think so. The Lakers record of 52-13 is more impressive than the Cavs IMO. Especially since the Lakers have won the season series over the top teams in the league, except the Magic.

cmstophe
03-14-2009, 04:37 PM
The Cavs have been squeeking out victories all year, to some of the leagues worst.

No they haven't. Just because they did that the past 3 days doesnt mean they've been doing it all year. The first 2-3 months of the year they blew every single bad team they faced out of the gym by like 20-30 pts.

IDB Josh M
03-14-2009, 05:03 PM

x2 with a catch.

The East has an advantage over West teams because of the time difference. It seems like a ridiculous proposition, however looking at the NFL, the Eastern teams held a winning percentage against the Western teams, and that percentage went up when it was West coming out East.

While professional athletes don't have an excuse for something as trivial as JetLag, I think the time difference would have SOME affect older teams (like the Spurs, like the Suns).

Like I said, seems too small to have some affect, but if the temperature is a mere one degree above zero Celsius, you're not going to make water freeze.

The Panch
03-14-2009, 05:56 PM
I would say if the Cavs, Celtics, and Magic switched conferences with the Lakers, Spurs, and Jazz, the the Cavs and Celtics would probably have a few more loses, and the Magic would be fighting for a 5th seed, maybe 6th, and the the Lakers, Spurs, and Jazz would probably all finish the season with 55 to 60 wins each

LaKeRs824
03-14-2009, 09:09 PM
How did he single handily dominate the Celtics in January then? answer this please, dont dodge it.

how did he not show up against the two games vs the lakers, or how bout that game against the rockets...

like i said i got mad respect for lebron but it seems like when being presured by a good defense or being in the spotlight with kobe, he just doesnt show up

im not saying hes invisibly in big games, hes still a great player and there r gunna be games against quality teams that he explodes for big numbers but he hasnt done so against the best in the west only the crap of the west

Hawkeye15
03-14-2009, 09:13 PM
1. Cavs
2. Lakers
3. Celtics
4. Spurs
5. Jazz
6. Magic

LaKeRs824
03-14-2009, 09:24 PM
1. Cavs
2. Lakers
3. Celtics
4. Spurs
5. Jazz
6. Magic

how can u say cavs would be number 1, if they arent even number one and there in the eastern conference...there in a weaker conference and still behind LA...u dont make sense my friend:confused:

KmB728
03-14-2009, 09:32 PM

1. Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Celtics
4.Jazz
5.Cavs
6.Magic

they dominate the teams in the west that dont deserve to be in the NBA, the cavs and celtics are a combined 0-4 against the lakers

the only team to sweep the lakers this year are the magic and they still dont scare the laker team one bit

cleveland, boston, and the magic beat up on the crappy teams in the east and make there record seem better than it really is

im prolly going to get the hate from the fans of the eastern teams cuz i am a die hard laker fan, but facts are facts

celtics not deep enough, despite mikki moore and starbury, to contend with the lakers
magic, no chance.

oh so thats why the Celtics beat the Lakers last year in the finals... thanks for clearing that up for me

Rocco007
03-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Judging from the fact that LA swept both Bos and Cleve..They would still be the team to beat for the best record....I also feel Orlando plays a more suitable game for the West..I think Bos and Clev both take a step back..If everyone was healthy..

1. LA
2.Orl
3.Bos
4.SA
5.Clev

bogmon
03-14-2009, 10:02 PM
I think the Cavs and Celts would likely be upper echelon in the West, but the Magic would definitely slip a bit....I really dont see them as being any better than any of the 4-8 seeds in the West.

Hawkeye15
03-14-2009, 10:22 PM
how can u say cavs would be number 1, if they arent even number one and there in the eastern conference...there in a weaker conference and still behind LA...u dont make sense my friend:confused:

Cavs and Lakers have the same record. Cavs are better in rebounding, and defense, and have played 4 more road games, and beat teams with a bigger margin. That's why. You are overestimating the West. The 4-9 teams beat up on the pathetic 11-15 teams, their records are overinflated. The east is arguably just as strong 1-6. And 10-15 in the east is way better

LaKeRs824
03-14-2009, 10:45 PM
oh so thats why the Celtics beat the Lakers last year in the finals... thanks for clearing that up for me

u make ur fellow fans look so stupid man

first off were talking about this year

second celtics team last year had posey and pj brown...and they were deeper last year

read the topic before u talk, ur just upset that ur sorry team isnt as good as it was last year and the fact that theyre time is running out while teams like the lakers, the time is just starting

LaKeRs824
03-14-2009, 10:49 PM
Cavs and Lakers have the same record. Cavs are better in rebounding, and defense, and have played 4 more road games, and beat teams with a bigger margin. That's why. You are overestimating the West. The 4-9 teams beat up on the pathetic 11-15 teams, their records are overinflated. The east is arguably just as strong 1-6. And 10-15 in the east is way better

the only thing me and all the other laker fans have to say is our lakers beat the cavs twice this year and pretty dam easily both times...ALSO the second time at cleveland bynum was out and kobe was suffering from a cold

4-0 are the lakers against the top 2 in the east

if the cavs and celts were in the west lakers would be on top and the battle for number 2 could go to anyone from the cavs celts spurs or jazz...end of story

NBAdyNASTY
03-14-2009, 10:53 PM

You're talking about LAST year. We are in the present not the past. Lakers have beat Boston and Cleveland twice THIS year. Lakers are clearly the best team in the league currently. And Hawkeye... the cavs ahead of the Lakers? what are you smoking??
This is how it would shake out....

1. Lakers
2. Cavs
3. Celtics
4. Spurs
5. Magic
6. Jazz

NBAdyNASTY
03-14-2009, 10:57 PM

The Cavs are averaging those higher numbers because overall they are playing weaker teams. Overall the East is weaker. How else do you explain the 4th seed (Atlanta) in the east only being 10 games over .500? The 4th seed in the west (portland) is 17 games above .500

Sportfan
03-14-2009, 10:58 PM

1. Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Celtics
4.Jazz
5.Cavs
6.Magic

magic, no chance.

the cavs have a winning % of close to 850 against the west NO WAY would the be that low.

bostncelts34
03-14-2009, 11:00 PM

1. Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Celtics
4.Jazz
5.Cavs
6.Magic

magic, no chance.

wow..you are the type of fan you give laker fans bad rep.

Cleveland is tied with the lakers for best in the league and your putting them behind boston,jazz and spurs? ya that makes sense. You say these teams beat up weak teams in the east..lets look at something..

The west has the WEAKEST teams after the top 9. Memphis,OKC,clips,wolves,kings and im sure im forgetting someone. The lakers,cavs,celtics are best 3 teams in the NBA, period. Doesnt matter what conference they are in.

1.Lakers
2.Cavs.
3.Celtics
4.Spurs
5.Magic
6.Jazz

wwwhat
03-14-2009, 11:05 PM

1. Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Celtics
4.Jazz
5.Cavs
6.Magic

What? The Jazz are the 6th seed in the West, how would they possibly jump to 4th? Would having to play the Celtics, Cavs, and Magic somehow make your record better? The Jazz are good and if you were to re-do the season and they were fully healthy throughout then sure, but as of now they're a 6th seed because of injuries and playing 3 elite teams wouldn't help their record at all.

bostncelts34
03-14-2009, 11:07 PM
the only thing me and all the other laker fans have to say is our lakers beat the cavs twice this year and pretty dam easily both times...ALSO the second time at cleveland bynum was out and kobe was suffering from a cold

if the cavs and celts were in the west lakers would be on top and the battle for number 2 could go to anyone from the cavs celts spurs or jazz...end of story

omg..suffering from a cold? haha. did he have the sniffles? wow.

Granted the lakers have lost Bynum (which they are used to). these teams all got the injury bug. Cavs lost Z for a month or two, delonte for extended time, and now big ben for the season. Im sure they have had other injuries as well.

Celtics have lost KG for 10+ games now,T.A for 20+ games,Davis,scal.

As i said in the last post, cavs,celts,lakers are all elite teams. WOuld be fighting for number 1 spot.

PackFanInNY
03-14-2009, 11:19 PM
How is the East a weaker conference? Top to bottom the East is the stronger conference.

The East has one team with 20 or less wins while the West has five.

The only reason why the teams in the playoff race in the West have better records than teams in the playoff race in the East is because they all play cupcake teams like Sacramento, LA Clippers, Memphis, Oklahoma City and Minnesota (all below .305) three to four times each season.

Cleveland has lost 4 of their 13 losses in the West.
Los Angeles has lost 6 of their 13 losses in the East.

Also for all the "West is superior" believers,

The Eastern Confrence's combined record of East teams against the West teams favors the East.... 201-187 in those inter conference games.

Teeboy1487
03-14-2009, 11:19 PM
The Cavs would do fine but the celtics would stink. :D

steviefranchise
03-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Well many of you wonít agree with me but this is my thought:
There is no way that they would be as good as they are now. West is the toughest conference and each night they play against each other they always work harder than the east does, which means they expend more energy and once in a while when that tiredness catches up to them they lose games. And if the Cavs, Celtics, and Magic were all in the west they would probably be behind the Lakers (obviously) and they would have 15, 16 and 24 loses respectively (if not more). The Cavs were 22-4 against the west loses coming from New Orleans, Lakers (2) and Houston, which means they would play these teams more because there would be in the same conference. The Celtics were 17-9 against the West with loses coming from Denver, Lakers (2), GSW, Houston, Utah, Spurs and Clippers again they would also lose more because they would face each other more. The Magic are 20-7 against the West loses coming from Memphis, Portland, Houston, Denver, New Orleans and Phoenix again they would lose more too.
So before any of you say they would have the same record think again. Plus let me say the West goes into the Eastern conference thinking itís going to be an easy win, but they end up losing the easies game, the only teams they take seriously are the ones with winning records. While on the other hand the East doesnít have that mentality because they know if they donít come out firing in the first quarter they might lose since they know itís a tough conference to play in.
On a side note I bet each of these teams probably sneaked out with a win (against some of the great west teams), but that doesnít mean they will lose or win these teams every time they played them.

**Teams in Bold probably a lucky win**

cmoneytakemoney
03-15-2009, 12:36 AM
The Cavs would do fine but the celtics would stink. :D

The dumbest quote in the history of the PSD Forums. Can we get this guy a trophy for having by far the dumbest quote ever?

LaKeRs824
03-15-2009, 12:46 AM
omg..suffering from a cold? haha. did he have the sniffles? wow.

Granted the lakers have lost Bynum (which they are used to). these teams all got the injury bug. Cavs lost Z for a month or two, delonte for extended time, and now big ben for the season. Im sure they have had other injuries as well.

Celtics have lost KG for 10+ games now,T.A for 20+ games,Davis,scal.

As i said in the last post, cavs,celts,lakers are all elite teams. WOuld be fighting for number 1 spot.

if u watched the game, ud know how bad kobe was ailing that game....tony allen? are u serious dont even mention his name man...scal, davis and tony allen combined dont equal half of what bynum is to the lakers

the west might be weak from 10th place to 15th but 1-9, even the suns are better than that 4-15 in the east...the east after the cavs celtics magic and hawks should be demoted to the d-league and earn there way to the nba:D

The Blue Baller
03-15-2009, 04:40 AM
How is the East a weaker conference? Top to bottom the East is the stronger conference.

The only reason why the teams in the playoff race in the West have better records than teams in the playoff race in the East is because they all play cupcake teams like Sacramento, LA Clippers, Memphis, Oklahoma City and Minnesota (all below .305) three to four times each season.

The Eastern Confrence's combined record of East teams against the West teams favors the East.... 201-187 in those inter conference games.

I agree 100%, but it's kind of pointless to argue with Laker fans...
I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I'd liken them to most women. No matter how much overwhelming sense you make, you're still wrong, and suggesting that Kobe Bryant may not be the greatest basketball player that has ever or will ever play the game is like speaking ill of Oprah-- and God bless them, but no matter how hard they try to pretend, the vast majority of them just don't really understand sports.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-15-2009, 09:32 AM

1. Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Celtics
4.Jazz
5.Cavs
6.Magic

magic, no chance.

Okay you are seriously wrong, just because they aren't beating the Lakers doesn't mean they are behind the Spurs and Jazz..

Cavaliers I know for one are 2-0 versus the Jazz.

1-0 versus the spurs.

2-0 versus Dallas

2-0 Suns

2-0 Blazers
2-0Nuggets

So please think before you say something like that, we are almost at the end of the season. I am mainly speaking on Cleveland's behalf right now but they didn't just become 52-13 by beating the teams that don't belong in the NBA.

Boston Faithful
03-15-2009, 11:18 AM

1. Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Celtics
4.Jazz
5.Cavs
6.Magic

magic, no chance.

This is such a ridiculous post, basically tooting his own horn with the Lakers and providing nothing. First off it bashes LeBron which is completely stupid, secondly the Celtics and Lakers have almost identical rosters to last year after the Celtics whooped the Lakers *** in the finals, and to say that the Jazz are better than the Cavs or Magic is absolutely ********.

Hawkeye15
03-15-2009, 02:54 PM

no, you and the Lakers fans have a lot to say. Regular season means nothing. At all. Look, if the 72-10 Bulls were playing right now, Laker fans still think the Lakers would have a better record. I am not really concerned what Laker fans think. Never have been, never will. Now, some of them, even you, make sensible arguments now and then. But these boards are opinions. You aren't changing mine. Like I said, it wouldn' matter even if the 86's Celtics were playing, you're team is better, right?

Hawkeye15
03-15-2009, 03:01 PM
The Cavs are averaging those higher numbers because overall they are playing weaker teams. Overall the East is weaker. How else do you explain the 4th seed (Atlanta) in the east only being 10 games over .500? The 4th seed in the west (portland) is 17 games above .500

The East's bottom 5 teams have 122 wins. The West's bottom 5 teams have 83 wins. I said, the middle of the west is stronger than the middle of the east. But the Lakers get to play Sac, Min, LAC, Mem, OKC, etc 4 times a year. And the East has 491 wins this season. The West has 485 wins. From top to BOTTOM, the east is better. THAT my friend, is how you inflate you're record, smacking around sub 20 win teams, which the east has 1 of, the west 5. However, I expect a retort that makes no sense to justify how the Lakers are still better. Can't wait

SeoulBeatz
03-15-2009, 03:28 PM

1. Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Celtics
4.Jazz
5.Cavs
6.Magic

magic, no chance.

ha wtf, oh lakers homers

i mean im no expert, but didnt the lakers get worked by the celts in the finals last year?

and speaking about not showing up against big teams... how bout in the finals when kobe was getting shut down, where was Pau Gasol to take advantage of Kobe being triple teamed the whole series???

i actually had money on the lakers during that series and i despise the celtics.
but what i despise more is ignorance and blatant homerism, which u have heavily displayed in that last post.

Pau's softness seriously surprised me. he looked like a little kid in that series and got *****ed constantly. he was so intimidated he couldnt even make his freethrows and i remember lakers fans booing him at one point for his shortcomings.

as far as im concerned if ur not a celtics fan u cant talk **** like that because they are the defending champs, thats the way it works.

like u said, facts are facts.

LaKeRs824
03-15-2009, 08:26 PM
laker fans, atleast me, fear utah more than cleveland and boston

mjt20mik
03-15-2009, 09:07 PM
W / L Con. W / L West W / L
Cleveland - 53-13 31-9 22-4
Boston - 50-17 33-8 27-9
Orlando - 49-17 28-10 21-7

Looks to me like they suffer way more losses from East teams (with the exception of Boston) compared to West teams.

BTW for people who think the West are better..

East vs. West: The East leads 191-179 (.516) in inter-conference games and was 9-8 last week

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

cmstophe
03-15-2009, 09:19 PM

lol

Hawkeye15
03-15-2009, 09:24 PM

yeah, I wouldn't fear the team that just kicked their ***** in the finals last year. Good call. I love it how Laker fans just HATE the Celtics so much, they even become irrational about it. The Celtics, until proven otherwise, are the best team in the NBA. Period. And Cleveland is far better than they were last year, and they at least took the Celtics to 7 games, and were in the finals the year before. Like I keep pointing out, the Cavs, and Celtics don't get 4 games to polish their records against Sacramento, Clippers, Thunder, Memphis, and Minnesota. They only get the Wizards

LaKeRs824
03-15-2009, 10:51 PM
yeah, I wouldn't fear the team that just kicked their ***** in the finals last year. Good call. I love it how Laker fans just HATE the Celtics so much, they even become irrational about it. The Celtics, until proven otherwise, are the best team in the NBA. Period. And Cleveland is far better than they were last year, and they at least took the Celtics to 7 games, and were in the finals the year before. Like I keep pointing out, the Cavs, and Celtics don't get 4 games to polish their records against Sacramento, Clippers, Thunder, Memphis, and Minnesota. They only get the Wizards

lakers fear no one, especially with a guy like kobe on ur teams...utah is the only team that can provide matchup problems in my opinion against the lakers....cleveland and boston can have beating up on eachother, well take the care of the rest:D

i love being in LA and being a lakers fan, we got so much space to trash talk and other teams fans just hate cuz there teams will never be what the lakers are

...let the bashing begin:cool:

soundjunkies2
03-15-2009, 11:27 PM
They would still be good but i dont know if they would still have the same amount of wins they do now.

Monster_Game
03-15-2009, 11:27 PM
lakers fear no one, especially with a guy like kobe on ur teams...utah is the only team that can provide matchup problems in my opinion against the lakers....cleveland and boston can have beating up on eachother, well take the care of the rest:D

i love being in LA and being a lakers fan, we got so much space to trash talk and other teams fans just hate cuz there teams will never be what the lakers are

No, the Bulls were already what your team was, and more. No team will ever be what the Bulls 72-10 team was. :cool:

FOBolous
03-15-2009, 11:30 PM

i beg to differ...i think the "cupcakes" in the west are "cupcakes" because they have to play against the top 9 teams of the Western Conference so much. You have to be above average to survive in the Western Conference. If you're just average...than you become "cupcakes" as you put it.

but back to the topic...contrary to popular opinion, i don't think Cleveland would still be "elite" if they were in the west because teams in the west are much better defensive teams than teams in the east. Everything in Cleveland surrounds Lebron James and if you shut james down, you shut Cleveland down as Houston demonstrated a few weeks ago. If Cleveland is in the West, teams in the West would have a lot more practice at trying to contain James and they would be a lot better at it and Cleveland won't be as good.

With that in mind, if the three elite teams from the Eastern Conference are in the west, I think Orlando, Boston, and Los Angeles would be dueling each other for the #1 spot while Cleveland would be fighting with all the other teams for seeding in the playoffs. I think the seeding would be like this:

1, 2, and 3 would be either Los Angeles, Boston, or Orlando
4. San Antonio
5, 6, and 7 would be between Houston, Cleveland, or Utah
8. would be between Portland or New Orleans

Denver, Dallas, and Phoenix would miss the playoffs

LA, Boston, and Orlando in front because well...they're elite

San Antonio at number 4 because of good defense and experience

Houston, Cleveland, and Utah in the midde of the pack because out of all the teams in the league, Houston is best at shutting down Lebron...Cleveland because they have Lebron...Utah because of defense, dwill, and Boozer.

Portland and New Orleans last because Portland is young and still needs time to grow up and New Orleans just doesn't have the talent to compete at a high level consistently despite the fact they have Chris Paul.

Monster_Game
03-15-2009, 11:40 PM
i beg to differ...i think the "cupcakes" in the west are "cupcakes" because they have to play against the top 9 teams of the Western Conference so much. You have to be above average to survive in the Western Conference. If you're just average...than you become "cupcakes" as you put it.

but back to the topic...contrary to popular opinion, i don't think Cleveland would still be "elite" if they were in the west because teams in the west are much better defensive teams than teams in the east. Everything in Cleveland surrounds Lebron James and if you shut james down, you shut Cleveland down as Houston demonstrated a few weeks ago. If Cleveland is in the West, teams in the West would have a lot more practice at trying to contain James and they would be a lot better at it and Cleveland won't be as good.

With that in mind, if the three elite teams from the Eastern Conference are in the west, I think Orlando, Boston, and Los Angeles would be dueling each other for the #1 spot while Cleveland would be fighting with all the other teams for seeding in the playoffs. I think the seeding would be like this:

4. San Antonio

Houston, Cleveland, and Utah in the midde of the pack because out of all the teams in the league, Houston is best at shutting down Lebron...Cleveland because they have Lebron...Utah because of defense, dwill, and Boozer.

Portland and New Orleans last because Portland is young and still needs time to grow up and New Orleans just doesn't have the talent to compete at a high level consistently despite the fact they have Chris Paul.

I agree with you about the West and East thing. The bottom of the East sucks, thats they have decent records, because when they play each other, they balance themselves off. I mean, Bulls lose to Nets, Knicks beat Pistons, Bucks lose to Knicks, Bulls beat Bucks. They all go in circles. In the West, the bottom teams just get dominated about the top teams.

LaKeRs824
03-15-2009, 11:59 PM

4. San Antonio

finally someone understands the easiness of the east....its crap out there, the lakers record would be in the 60s if they were in the east

mrblisterdundee
03-16-2009, 01:04 AM
They would do just as well as they are now, although I don't know how you're deciding who would play who the most and the least. You don't provide any way to justly answer your question.

AllTheWay
03-16-2009, 02:05 AM
Switching to a different conference would have more effects on a middle to lower tier teams than on elite teams like BOS, CLE, or LAL.

That sums it up right

DaaBoTownSox
03-16-2009, 03:27 AM
:)

To answer the question, I think they'd do just fine.

I know the Lakers certainly wouldn't be running away with the west like they are now.

Hawkeye15
03-16-2009, 01:45 PM

well, I love you being in LA and being a Lakers fan. Keeps the unitelligent fans out west. Why would anyone give you that much respect? You got your butts kicked in the finals with essentially the same lineup you have now. I never understand some of you. If it was a 7 game series in Utah, yes, the Lakers would be dead. And they will have their tough times coming out of the west.

LaKeRs824
03-16-2009, 08:22 PM
well, I love you being in LA and being a Lakers fan. Keeps the unitelligent fans out west. Why would anyone give you that much respect? You got your butts kicked in the finals with essentially the same lineup you have now. I never understand some of you. If it was a 7 game series in Utah, yes, the Lakers would be dead. And they will have their tough times coming out of the west.

but its gunna be a 7 game series in LA so we dont need to worry about being in utah, and at this pace my lakers will be spending a lot of time at home during the playoffs....brotha u wish u were in LA, and a Lakers fan cuz whatever team u like doesnt come close to accomplishing what the lakers have accomplished...and living in LA is the greatest thing one can ask for....sun and beaches galore:cool:

fresh prince
03-16-2009, 08:28 PM

Completely different teams this year. I could have swore we were talking about 2009

Cling to the past much?

agnine
03-17-2009, 12:20 AM
wow. Guess Hawkeye15 had a double helping of his usual haterade. Both arguments have a place in this discussion. In the 80's there was a theory about the Big 10 not having any undefeated teams because the conference was so tough they beat each other up. Could be the case in the west. Or it could be that the overall worst teams are in the west. As far as time zones go, I know that it is easier to travel west and gain hours than it is to travel east and lose them. Even Phil Jax said that was one of the reasons why the Bulls were able to get to 72 wins.

nickcamp15
03-17-2009, 12:40 AM
they still play every team from the west twice a season and only have around 15 losses each. they would be about the same in the west

KobeIs
03-17-2009, 01:16 AM
they'd be about the same as they are now. maybe an extra loss or two for each team

stevec6
03-17-2009, 01:43 AM

1. Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Celtics
4.Jazz
5.Cavs
6.Magic

magic, no chance.

magic no chance? you just said in your own argument how the magic swept the lakers in their season series. and boston not deep enough to contend with the lakers, thats a joke, we'll see in the finals

LaKeRs824
03-17-2009, 02:09 AM
magic no chance? you just said in your own argument how the magic swept the lakers in their season series. and boston not deep enough to contend with the lakers, thats a joke, we'll see in the finals

the magic swept the lakers this season, but they still are no threat to the lakers in a series...NO CHANCE!!!

Beno7500
03-17-2009, 12:53 PM
how the **** would anyone know!? these are the stupidest threads

ragee
03-17-2009, 01:29 PM
If Boston and Cleveland were in the West they would compete with the Lakers for the #1 seed but, Orlando would probably be a #5 or #6 seed. The Celtics and Cavs both beat up on the West so, I know they'd still be 2 of the best teams in basketball.

And the Magic didn't? The Magic beat the Lakers and the Spurs twice! I if you put those three in the west, they will be the top 4 with the Lakers unless two of them is in the same division... They will all compete for the top spot... I just hate hit when people exclude the Magic from the elite teams! Do note that we don't have Nelson right now but we are half a game behind the Celts!

ragee
03-17-2009, 01:37 PM
the magic swept the lakers this season, but they still are no threat to the lakers in a series...NO CHANCE!!!

Such a homer statement... How can you say the Magic are no threat if the Lakers can't even beat them in the regular season... I hope the Lakers and the Magic will reach the finals so we could hear some lame excuses from Laker fans when we beat the crap out you guys!

ragee
03-17-2009, 01:46 PM

What are the Lakers exactly? What seperates them from the Magic and the Cavs? Coz among the four, the Celts are the one who has the space to trash talk coz they are the ones who have proven themselves... The Laker fans were talking so much trash last season
(just like you) and saying sure championship but what happened? The Celtics dismantled your team to pieces... Where was your Kobe Bryant?

I love being a Laker hater coz it is so much fun watching you guys boast around and then come short in the end!:D

Beno7500
03-17-2009, 01:50 PM

And here is the typical laker fan.

EX-TREME
03-17-2009, 01:50 PM
What are the Lakers exactly? What seperates them from the Magic and the Cavs? Coz among the four, the Celts are the one who has the space to trash talk coz they are the ones who have proven themselves... The Laker fans were talking so much trash last season
(just like you) and saying sure championship but what happened? The Celtics dismantled your team to pieces... Where was your Kobe Bryant?

I love being a Laker hater coz it is so much fun watching you guys boast around and then come short in the end!:D

well said

goshhhjosh
03-17-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm enjoying all of the Laker fans homer statements, it's laughable. We have Laker fans proclaiming themselves the team to beat and all this crap. Weren't they the team to beat in the finals last year as well? Honestly, let the season play out - it's why they play the games. The continuous "Magic have no chance" statement is bogus! So the Lakers just let them win? I can't wait to see the excuse when the Lakers don't win the championship this year, unlike last years "well we didn't have home court" what will the next excuse be? Excuse me while I get back to watching my video of game 6 of last years finals.

DreamShaker
03-17-2009, 03:20 PM
x2 with a catch.

The East has an advantage over West teams because of the time difference. It seems like a ridiculous proposition, however looking at the NFL, the Eastern teams held a winning percentage against the Western teams, and that percentage went up when it was West coming out East.

While professional athletes don't have an excuse for something as trivial as JetLag, I think the time difference would have SOME affect older teams (like the Spurs, like the Suns).

Like I said, seems too small to have some affect, but if the temperature is a mere one degree above zero Celsius, you're not going to make water freeze.

Props for thinking outside the box here...

LaKeRs824
03-17-2009, 04:09 PM
seriously, does anyone besides a matgic fan think the magic have a shot in hell at a title, i mean come on...the jazz, spurs, cavs, lakers, celtics have a better chance at a title than the magic

LaKeRs824
03-17-2009, 04:11 PM
everyone loves being a lakers hater, cuz jealousy plays a huge role...deny it all u want, bash me for this comment, i dont care...its the truth

lakersfan211
03-17-2009, 04:15 PM
we have owned both the cavs and celtics this year , we lost to the magic twice but i think it was a fluke and without nelson their a weaker team so we would still be on top.

lakersfan211
03-17-2009, 04:17 PM
all this haters on here , good god.

king4day
03-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Question is, who in the West goes back to the East?
Since it sounds like we're talking about how they'd compare with the best of the West, let's then send back the Kings/Thunder/Warriors.
Now this makes the West even deeper since it means less matchups again lowered tiered teams.

Without Nelson, I feel Orlando is the main East team that would drop a bit. However, they are still very good. It'd likely be a three team race as it is now with Boston/Cleveland/LA for best record and still possibly Orlando.

king4day
03-17-2009, 04:20 PM
everyone loves being a lakers hater, cuz jealousy plays a huge role...deny it all u want, bash me for this comment, i dont care...its the truth

I personally don't like LA due to some of the knuckleheaded fans on this site. I'd rather root for a Spurs team that has haunted my dreams the last decade and see the same guys keep winning, then see the satisfaction of the few stuck up Lakers fans that pop there heads in every so often.
Jealousy has nothing to do with it and I promise I'm not the only one who feels this way.

_KB24_
03-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Lakers would still have the top seed with the Celtics still close behind. The Cavs would be fighting for homecourt and Magic would most like be a 5 or 6 seed.

king4day
03-17-2009, 04:29 PM
If those three moved to the West, imagine what the East would look like? Messy messy messy.
Miami and Atlanta battling for home court in the East with Detroit close behind. Charlotte and NY pretty much locks to reach the post season.
That'd be somethin.

_KB24_
03-17-2009, 04:30 PM
The Magic are a good, solid team but they are definitley not title contenders. The Cavs, Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Jazz are much more suited to have a shot at the title. I dont mean to be mean or something, but i dont think the Magic could beat the Suns in a playoff series.

ragee
03-17-2009, 04:40 PM

Jealous of what? You guys have not done anything yet and you are acting that you have dominated the league for several years already... Don't get me wrong, your team is great... I actually like two of your players, Bynum and Ariza, but why would I be jealous? My teams are the Magic, the Blazers and the Mavs... The Mavs are probably out coz their windows has passed them by, the Magic is a promising team... And the Blazers are so young and so good, in the next couple of years, you are the one who is going to be jealous!

ragee
03-17-2009, 05:00 PM
we have owned both the cavs and celtics this year , we lost to the magic twice but i think it was a fluke and without nelson their a weaker team so we would still be on top.

I think the Lakers beating the Celts is more of a fluke than Magic beating the Lakers! It is funny how you guys boast about being 2-0 against great team then saying it was a fluke being 0-2 to another...

To all Laker fans, this is not a sure thing... Yes, you guys have a chance but so are the others... The Celtics lost Posey and Brown but that does not mean they are an inferior to what they were... Rondo is so much better this season and other guys like Big Baby has stepped up... The Cavaliers are a solid team... Lebron James is the best player in the league and now that they have Mo, they are really a force to be reckoned wiith... Yes the Lakers have won two games this season against them because they were able to stop Lebron but do you think you can stop him in a seven game series? The Magic is an underrated team... People tend to forget about them when talking about championship... But the Magic have proven themselves... They have the best center in the league and they have beaten all the top teams (Spurs 2x, Lakers 2x, The Celtics and the Cavaliers)!

Lastly, to all Laker fans again, don't be so sure that you guys will be walking straight to the NBA Finals... The Spurs and the Jazz are two elite teams that can give you a run for money...

DreamShaker
03-17-2009, 05:27 PM

People hated Kobe and the Lakers when they sucked...

skyhibballpj87
03-17-2009, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=LaKeRs824;8740457]they would be behind the lakers the jazz and spurs

1. Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Celtics
4.Jazz
5.Cavs
6.Magic

they dominate the teams in the west that dont deserve to be in the NBA, the cavs and celtics are a combined 0-4 against the lakersthe only team to sweep the lakers this year are the magic and they still dont scare the laker team one bit

cleveland, boston, and the magic beat up on the crappy teams in the east and make there record seem better than it really isim prolly going to get the hate from the fans of the eastern teams cuz i am a die hard laker fan, but facts are facts

magic, no chance.[

ok first of there are as many crappy teams in the west as there is in the east so dont use that as an excuse. minnesota, thunder, clippers kings and golden state, are just as bad as the knicks, bobcats,wizards,and toronto so you loose that argument. and putting the magic behind the jazz and spurs when the magic have beaten them multipule times this season is crazy. and the magic did sweep your beloved lakers so to say they have no chance is alittle extreme.

As for dominating teams that dont belong in the west magic have wins aganist many contending teams in the west. Including sweeping the Spurs up 2-1 in series aganist jazz, beating the blazers, sweeping lakers, and up on the new orleans hornets 2-1 as well

Im a big magic fan and you dont have to be afraid of us but you should reconize the magic are not a push over team and they came this year to compete. A 7 games series yea the lakers may win but giving the magic no chance just shows how under the radar they are.

Nirvanaskurdt
03-17-2009, 06:04 PM
interesting.. they would be in the top 5 or 6 fo sho! :smoking:

Hawkeye15
03-17-2009, 06:43 PM
but its gunna be a 7 game series in LA so we dont need to worry about being in utah, and at this pace my lakers will be spending a lot of time at home during the playoffs....brotha u wish u were in LA, and a Lakers fan cuz whatever team u like doesnt come close to accomplishing what the lakers have accomplished...and living in LA is the greatest thing one can ask for....sun and beaches galore:cool:

I would rather donate my left nut to science than live in LA bro. Plus, last time I checked, a cold, northeast city had more banners than the mighty Lakers. Just sayin

Hawkeye15
03-17-2009, 06:45 PM
wow. Guess Hawkeye15 had a double helping of his usual haterade. Both arguments have a place in this discussion. In the 80's there was a theory about the Big 10 not having any undefeated teams because the conference was so tough they beat each other up. Could be the case in the west. Or it could be that the overall worst teams are in the west. As far as time zones go, I know that it is easier to travel west and gain hours than it is to travel east and lose them. Even Phil Jax said that was one of the reasons why the Bulls were able to get to 72 wins.

haha. I love it. I look at the Lakers subjectively, without bias, and get called a hater. I think I have read that story before.

_KB24_
03-18-2009, 07:07 AM
I would rather donate my left nut to science than live in LA bro. Plus, last time I checked, a cold, northeast city had more banners than the mighty Lakers. Just sayin

You know your not telling the truth and last time I checked Houston won how many rings??? 2....3.... NO ONE CARES!

DenButsu
03-18-2009, 08:31 AM
I don't know if anyone did this already, but even if so it's quicker for me to do it up than read through the whole thread:

W L PCT EAST-W EAST-L EAST-% WEST-W WEST-L WEST-% WEST-EAST DIFFERENTIAL
CLE 54 13 .806 32 9 .780 22 4 .846 .066
BOS 50 18 .735 33 9 .786 17 9 .654 -.132
ORL 49 18 .731 28 11 .718 21 7 .750 .032

The Cavs and Magic have both actually performed better vs. the West, while Boston has performed worse.

OrLMaGiK1
03-18-2009, 10:17 AM

magic, no chance.

Lebron is Lebron and he shows up every night

Celtics we deep enough to win the championship against the Lakers

Magic swept the Lakers, Spurs and Jazz this season already

So Macc I'm calling BS on you

Kenny
03-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Lakers are 36-7 against the west and 17-7 against the East.. I guess the Lakers wouldnt have as good a record if they were in the east.. Laker fans continue to show they have no clue what there talking about.. Cavs are 22-4 against the west, Magic are 21-7 both better against the west

Hawkeye15
03-18-2009, 03:18 PM
You know your not telling the truth and last time I checked Houston won how many rings??? 2....3.... NO ONE CARES!

not a Rockets fan brother. And I never lie :)

basketfan4life
03-22-2009, 03:39 AM
Cleveland has owned the West this year. I think they are something like 23-4.

And LeBron doesn't show up against good teams? Well I don't know if that is true or not but his record against the Top-9 in the West is 12-4. That isn't bad.

12-4!!which means %66,7...that's very worse than cavs record...if they were in the west,that means more games against this teams and more loses...would this put them after the lakers,who they won one more game-,there you are..