PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

Lakers09
03-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Lets just say Lebron got tired of playing basketball and decided to end his career after this season. He decides to go back to college and finds himself wanting to play football. Is he eligible for a college football team? I would love to see him play D and smack the **** outta somebody!

You thoughts?

Oh and i know it would never happen and so does everybody else so just save you dumb comments.

abe_froman
03-14-2009, 03:27 PM
yes he's eligible,as long as you go to the school,there is no age restriction...hell they have human interest stories all the time on guys that go back to college that are in their 50's and are on teams

superkegger
03-14-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm prety sure he wouldn't be elgible, since he'd been a prossional in a sport. There was a case like this a couple years ago at Colorado I think. I think the kid was a football player, but also a professional snowboarder, and they ruled him inelgible to play the collegiate sport because of his professional status in snowboarding. Though I'm not sure how it all ended up, perhaps he was later reinstated, I don't know.

abe_froman
03-14-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm prety sure he wouldn't be elgible, since he'd been a prossional in a sport. There was a case like this a couple years ago at Colorado I think. I think the kid was a football player, but also a professional snowboarder, and they ruled him inelgible to play the collegiate sport because of his professional status in snowboarding. Though I'm not sure how it all ended up, perhaps he was later reinstated, I don't know.

that wasnt because he was a pro in another sport,it was because it violated ncaa rules on amateur athletes getting paid,since he had ongoing sponsorship deals(for his snowboarding team) and refused to cancel them

superkegger
03-14-2009, 03:52 PM
that wasnt because he was a pro in another sport,it was because it violated ncaa rules on amateur athletes getting paid,since he had ongoing sponsorship deals(for his snowboarding team) and refused to cancel them

ahh. ok. well then i guess it is technically possible.

of course it's also never going to happen so, whatever.

Ethix11
03-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Just look at what happened to Jordan. Epic Failure.

lakers4sho
03-14-2009, 03:57 PM
^^ in college bud.

da wood
03-14-2009, 04:13 PM
he would be a beast at tight end

DamnGoat
03-14-2009, 04:16 PM
I'd love to see him as a WR. There isn't a single CB out there that could match up a 6'8 WR with that kind of athleticism. He'd dominate...