PDA

View Full Version : are the cavs as good as their record.

lakersfan211
03-14-2009, 04:49 AM
this team is tied with the lakers for the best record in the leage which really suprises me , if look at this team on paper you would think how is this team 52-13 , some people would argue is this team as good as their record , you look at their recent games , had to come back from way down to beat the clips in the final minute , had to come back to beat the kings in overtime , the to worst teams in the nba and the cavs struggled against them , dont know if im buying or selling the cavs , they have been very lucky this year , your thoughts.

G-Funk
03-14-2009, 04:51 AM
No luck very good team, but not enough to win a championship. Lebron needs real help.

santana88
03-14-2009, 05:14 AM
NO.... NO...... NO...... look at there record against Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, Jazz etc.... and when you look at that.. people say Lebron as MVP.... no way, he is second... look at his numbers when they have played the top teams compared to KOBE

IrespectNumber3
03-14-2009, 05:23 AM
The way the cavs are playing its like I dunno...Theyre a good team you cant deny that...but most of the teams they play...they give them "life" = opportunities to take over the game...I dont know how thats going to work in a series...that home record in the playoffs is gonna matter...but this year...I really think all of these games are about Matchups...

Example if the pistons play the magic 6 vs 3...the pistons will win...If i were cleveland Id want to try to sweep everyteam till I get to the third round

Kenny
03-14-2009, 05:42 AM
Dont the cavs have the highest point differential in the NBA?? If you dont think this team can win a championship your not paying attention..

You fail to mention these games have been on the road out west.. There almost unbeatable at home, besides the last couple games have been the best defensive team in the league..

There legit and they've had to play a lot of games without 60 percent of there starting lineup this year.

znick21
03-14-2009, 05:43 AM
yes they are as good as their record. just because they've had two comeback wins on the road against lesser teams in the past week (wins mind you), people act like this is the way they've been playing all season. most people don't remember the stretch from about november to mid january when they were just blowing teams out by double digits every game. every team has bad games and cold streaks. they do everything necessary to win a championship. they play good d, they rebound, they have excellent ball movement, and oh yeah they have lebron. he carried a far lesser team on his back to the finals just two years ago, now he along with his team is vastly improved. the cavs are contenders and anyone that thinks otherwise is delusional. or as this thread indicates so far, people who have a boner for the lakers.

IrespectNumber3
03-14-2009, 05:51 AM
The cavs arent going to be playing every team in the NBA in the playoffs ...And Cavs win a championship?...the only way the cavs win the championship is if the Lakers fall apart from between here and june...Theres no way the Cavs will ever beat the lakers or the Spurs...when then theyre healthy....

Look on paper if the Cavs play the Celtics Pistons or Magic they face problems...Theyre doing good this regular season but I dont think in the playoffs it will be the same thing

IrespectNumber3
03-14-2009, 06:29 AM
The question was are they as good as their record..their record suggest that theyll win 65 games...even if they win 65 you still put *as far as the playoff race* the lakers celtics and spurs ahead of him...Their record suggest they will be in the finals..so no there not

LakerzDQ
03-14-2009, 06:34 AM
Cavs are very efficient at shutting down and beating most teams.

they've blown out countless teams this season.

however I don't think they will be as good when playing an elite team for 7 straight games.

I'm not saying they can't win a championship, but it'll be tough.

S.J.Basketball
03-14-2009, 06:56 AM
Yea I'd say they are. Playoffs and home court advantage is where it counts. The Cavs dominate at home and are pretty much a lock for the Eastern Conference Finals. Who's gonna beat them? Honestly? It's the Celts or the Cavs. Period.

TheKing23
03-14-2009, 07:49 AM
Yes, the Cavs are as good as their record.
You don't get to 52 wins from 65 games purely from luck.
They have been extremely solid offensively with the addition of Mo Williams and Big Z playing some of the best basketball of his career.
Defensively, they've been one of the most efficient teams in the league, playing with high energy and alot of hustle.
When all healthy they have one of the deepest benches in the league full of talented role players.
Add to that the small matter of having LeBron James, and I can answer your question that, yes the Cavs are as good as their record and fully deserve to be contenders.

JayW_1023
03-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Yes...LeBrons supporting cast really fits his game...as he can still have the ball in his hands. Delonte West is an underrated do everything guy...kind of a pint sized Tayshaun Prince.

Williams is another scorer who can be fed to keep the pressure off LeBron...he and West give the Cavs alot of flexibility in plays because they can handle the ball and see the floor as well.

Varejao is that hustle guy that every team would like to have...even though he flops like crazy, he is a useful player. I just wish the Cavs would utilize Z more often...he is a legit low post player and you can't teach size.

Z seems to be utilized off screen and rolls more often it seems.

IndyRealist
03-14-2009, 11:04 AM
I don't know that mental lapses versus bottom feeding teams should really count against a contender. It just means that they're cocky and took their opponents lightly. I mean, the Pacers have beat the Celtics, Lakers, Rockets, Magic, Cavs, and Nuggets. Doesn't mean those teams are worse than their record, and even if they are, then they ALL are so it evens out. If you look at their whole body of work, the Cavs are a steamroller, especially at home. It's more likely Western teams have inflated records, since they have 5 teams with less than 20 wins, versus 1 in the East. That's a lot of padding.

NYMetros
03-14-2009, 11:08 AM
They haven't had any more luck than the Celtics and Lakers have had. They are a phenomenal basketball team. Just give them their props. They shouldn't be worried about almost losing to the Kings and Clippers. They just underestimated them and thought all they had to do was show up and they would win. But LeBron carried them to victory regardless.

If I were them I would be more worried about that goose egg they threw up in front of Boston last week when Boston didn't even have their best player. Or the Lakers beating them in the Q without a healthy Kobe Bryant.

Hellcrooner
03-14-2009, 11:19 AM
they are good, and if they reach the finals they will win because lebron winning a ring is just what Nba capo mr stern would love so no way in hell officiating allows otherwise.

their record may be a little inflated in relation to lakers record because after all the east barring the top three is still A LOT WEAKER.

jrodmesche
03-14-2009, 11:33 AM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes lol

durtee
03-14-2009, 11:37 AM
No doubt that they are a very good team and an obvious contender in the East. That said I don't think they are as good as the Lakers.

prodigy
03-14-2009, 11:40 AM
this team is tied with the lakers for the best record in the leage which really suprises me , if look at this team on paper you would think how is this team 52-13 , some people would argue is this team as good as their record , you look at their recent games , had to come back from way down to beat the clips in the final minute , had to come back to beat the kings in overtime , the to worst teams in the nba and the cavs struggled against them , dont know if im buying or selling the cavs , they have been very lucky this year , your thoughts.

http://www.grafadesignteam.com/demons/images/213hatersBack.jpg

ggg
03-14-2009, 11:54 AM
Their a great defensive team but they lack offense for the final stretch. So when lebron gets the double team and gets all the help defense against a top team like boston and LA, they tend to faulter offensively. I think mike brown is an overrated coach, infact all cavs personel are overrated.. I felt the same for doc rivers but it turned out he could handle pressure.

theimortalone
03-14-2009, 11:58 AM
This is pretty much a hate thread! :eyebrow:

prodigy
03-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Their a great defensive team but they lack offense for the final stretch. So when lebron gets the double team and gets all the help defense against a top team like boston and LA, they tend to faulter offensively. I think mike brown is an overrated coach, infact all cavs personel are overrated.. I felt the same for doc rivers but it turned out he could handle pressure.

Doc is a loser. Anyone could coach that team. Anyone could play PG for that team.

1. cavs offence is very good this season. very good.

2. in the cavs last 11 games, 9 were on the road, which is a huge reason for the games against the clippers and kings. Just tired.

3. Boston went threw the same strech where they played like crap. But the difference is the celtics lost those games, while the cavs were able to pull out wins.

4. cavs iare a great defensive team due to mike brown. Lebron is now a very good defender because of mike brown. Great coach for a great team.

haters can say what they want. facts are facts.

KINGofKINGS28
03-14-2009, 12:17 PM
They are good. Are they the best in the east??? Nope...

Celts beat them the other day with out kg,davis,t.allan
and cavs had the help of the refs, it was like 43-12 for free throws. Those refs were horrible. But still the celts won by 14 points...

So yea they r good, but not as good as their record leads you to believe..

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-14-2009, 12:17 PM
LeBron is just to nasty. I can see this team coming out of the East. I thought they would falter when Big Ben went down.....

lakers4sho
03-14-2009, 12:25 PM
LeBron's supporting cast is underrated as hell. So don't tell me he's still not getting any help.

Bullsfan22
03-14-2009, 12:28 PM
NO.... NO...... NO...... look at there record against Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, Jazz etc.... and when you look at that.. people say Lebron as MVP.... no way, he is second... look at his numbers when they have played the top teams compared to KOBE

lol when will you laker fans realize that this guy is the mvp! He has half the talent you guys have with the same record. I understand you love kobe but just face the fact lebron is just as good as kobe or better! get over it.

Drtino
03-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Please... This is a dumb thread ...

Any good team will have one or two games in a row that basically become tougher as minutes passed, reason why they lose at the end. It's better to overcome a huge deficit and win the game than lose the game, because they gave up at the end.

The Celtics went thru that, The Lakers went thru that, Spurs, Magic, etc.

The Lakers just had a game against the Rockets that could've end up going into overtime, if Artest didn't mess up his own game by talking trash and couldn't back it up against Kobe... The Lakers were losing this game and if it wasn't for the stupidity of Artest, well...

A win is a win... it doesn't matter if the team struggled to get it.

Dumb thread.

Hellcrooner
03-14-2009, 12:40 PM
LeBron's supporting cast is underrated as hell. So don't tell me he's still not getting any help. Well that happens every time with great players, it happens a bit with the Lakers and Kobe.

And sure it happened with Jordans BUlls, people say, Jordan won the 6 rings forgetting the first time year he retired they were a Second round team that Missed the East Finals in a Tough series with the Knicks with some dubious callings helping the New Yorkers to advance.

ggg
03-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Doc is a loser. Anyone could coach that team. Anyone could play PG for that team.

1. cavs offence is very good this season. very good.

2. in the cavs last 11 games, 9 were on the road, which is a huge reason for the games against the clippers and kings. Just tired.

3. Boston went threw the same strech where they played like crap. But the difference is the celtics lost those games, while the cavs were able to pull out wins.

4. cavs iare a great defensive team due to mike brown. Lebron is now a very good defender because of mike brown. Great coach for a great team.

haters can say what they want. facts are facts.

Im not even hating im just sayin the truth. And you can't HANDLE THE TRURTH! Lol.

Kidding aside, I never said the cavs aint good offensively, leme paraphrase what I said. The cavs are a good offensivel team but when they are playin against spurs, lakers, boston, their tendency is to iso james and that's it. If it works, they have a chance to win, if it doesn't they'll lose.
3. Nobody counts those clipper games. Im sure boston's aim is to have their roster healthy more than their homecourt advantage.

4. I never said mike brown can't teach defense . I said mike brown lacks offense. His offense falters on a great defensive team.

IrespectNumber3
03-14-2009, 01:01 PM
4 through 6 in the East is very underrated to me.....if anyone of those teams gets a 7 game series with the cavs...and the celtics are still there its going to be a problem

KB24PG16
03-14-2009, 01:15 PM
they seem like the hornets of last year everyone expects them to stop winning but they dont

Drtino
03-14-2009, 02:06 PM
they seem like the hornets of last year everyone expects them to stop winning but they dont

That may be... but somehow the Cavs are going to get past the Celtics and get to the NBA Finals for a second time and the Hornets had yet accomplished that.

I believe the Cavs will get past the Celtics this year... just like they were able to overcome the Pistons...

gangis2169
03-14-2009, 02:28 PM
No they are definatly not as good as there record shows. The only difference from this year to last year is a couple of things. They are beating ever bad team like they should have last year! Another thing is that they are horrible against over .500 teams. The Cavs are a team that does what it takes to keep it close the whole game and pour it on in the 4th quarter which will not get it done in the playoffs. Also they are a one demensional team. D the paint and they are far lower than average. Lebron shoots 29-31% outside the paint so the key is guard the paint with zone D and let that team try to beat you with outside shots in a 7 game series. Its not going to happen.

shonk688
03-14-2009, 02:31 PM
To me I always laugh at this question. You won that many game so you are that good.

theimortalone
03-14-2009, 02:32 PM
To me I always laugh at this question. You won that many game so you are that good.

Exactly. :clap:

gangis2169
03-14-2009, 02:32 PM
lol when will you laker fans realize that this guy is the mvp! He has half the talent you guys have with the same record. I understand you love kobe but just face the fact lebron is just as good as kobe or better! get over it.

Who care if he is or he isnt??? Kobe is a proven winner and trust me Kobe will get his next ring before Lebron wins his first. Its about rings not about awards! I hope Lebron wins the next 10 MVP's cause it wont matter till he changes his game that team will never win a ring which is sad cause the playoffs in the east are like a vacation!

ShaunRiching9
03-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Well you look at the Lakers and their starting 5
PG Derek Fisher
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Trevor Ariza
PF Lamar Odom
C Pau Gasol

and they should have a better record.

ShaunRiching9
03-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Who care if he is or he isnt??? Kobe is a proven winner and trust me Kobe will get his next ring before Lebron wins his first. Its about rings not about awards! I hope Lebron wins the next 10 MVP's cause it wont matter till he changes his game that team will never win a ring which is sad cause the playoffs in the east are like a vacation!

oh yes its a vacation consdering 3 of the top 4 best records in the NBA are from the east.

Hanzinho
03-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Absolutely not!!!!

Cavs always loose with Celtics, Lakers, Magics, Pistons and Jazz...

This team never win a championship....

JabberJaw
03-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Good team, but they would not have that record if they were in the West. When you have the luxuries of playing the Eastern Conference teams 4 times a year, wins aren't too hard to come by. Just look at the playoff race. You can be below .500 and still be in the playoff race. Yes there are 3 teams with great records, but the rest of the teams are quite average. You can't compare overall records when the top 3 teams have it pretty easy. If they were in the west they would most likely have at the very least 5 more losses.

kobynum2417
03-14-2009, 03:41 PM
they are not!!!

cmstophe
03-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Yes, they are. The team is built so that every player compliments LeBron perfectly. Mo Williams was that piece that was missing to allow them to have a killer regular season; whether he's the piece that will put them over the top for a title remains to be seen. But they are very very good.

Absolutely not!!!!

Cavs always loose with Celtics, Lakers, Magics, Pistons and Jazz...

This team never win a championship....

lolwut...Cavs swept Jazz, and beat the Celtics, and have only played the Magic once (shorthanded)

Notice all the people saying NO have Lakers logos and Kobe Bryant avatars plastered all over them.

Good team, but they would not have that record if they were in the West. When you have the luxuries of playing the Eastern Conference teams 4 times a year, wins aren't too hard to come by. Just look at the playoff race. You can be below .500 and still be in the playoff race. Yes there are 3 teams with great records, but the rest of the teams are quite average. You can't compare overall records when the top 3 teams have it pretty easy. If they were in the west they would most likely have at the very least 5 more losses.

What's the Cavs record vs the West? It wouldnt be as good if they were in the West, but clearly the Cavs can beat WC teams.

superkegger
03-14-2009, 03:45 PM
I think they're as good as their record. Don't know how you can't be. They've struggled on that last west coast road trip without ben and west, but they're definetly as good as their record.

theuuord
03-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Why is everyone in this thread talking about the Lakers ?

prodigy
03-14-2009, 04:40 PM
4. I never said mike brown can't teach defense . I said mike brown lacks offense. His offense falters on a great defensive team.

agreed. thats why mike borwn hired an offensive coach. john kuster. He's been very good.

gangis2169
03-14-2009, 04:55 PM
oh yes its a vacation consdering 3 of the top 4 best records in the NBA are from the east.

Yeah and 5 of the 8 teams in the east that will make the playoffs wouldnt make the playoffs in the west! Sounds like the east gets to play below average teams all year!

gangis2169
03-14-2009, 04:56 PM

Thank you well said!