PDA

View Full Version : Predict Allen Iverson's Next Contract

DenButsu
03-14-2009, 12:04 AM
-team
-salary
-years

The economy is schwag, AI's performance is down, and he may be doing his rep a disservice if he really is making noise about wanting out of Detroit. These factors could depress his value and appeal to many teams. On the other hand, the free agent market of 2009 being a fairly barren landscape, it being quite reasonable to think that his production could take an upswing in a system where he's a primary ball handler, and his status as a perennial All-Star, NBA legend and (importantly) marketable ticket/jersey sales booster could all be factors that boost his value and appeal to many teams. It's probably fair to think that multiple teams will pitch offers to him, and through that competitive process he could land a pretty decent offer. But then again, if owners are penny pinching in the current financial crunch and unwilling to take a gamble on an aging star, he could be looking at a deal that's considerably less than he's hoping for.

What do you think he'll end up with?

superkegger
03-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Charlotte
MLE
2 years

ELEVATION23
03-14-2009, 12:51 AM
Charlotte Bobcats w/ MLE
Larry Brown and AI reunite

hotpotato1092
03-14-2009, 01:24 AM
AI blocked a trade to Charlotte when he was in philly, he's not going there now. I'm gonna say Cleveland for the MLE, he wants a title.

DenButsu
03-14-2009, 01:27 AM
3/3 on the MLE so far... I don't see him taking any less than 8, though. I think he can secure that much.

bostncelts34
03-14-2009, 01:28 AM
AI blocked a trade to Charlotte when he was in philly, he's not going there now. I'm gonna say Cleveland for the MLE, he wants a title.

1. they have MO, Delonte,gibson. they dont need AI nor do they want him when lebron handles the ball most of the time anyways.

Im gonna go with what you guys mentioned...

Charlotte. They need star power it seems, and a scorer like iverson.

I say..a contract a little above the MLE if charlotte can do it. for 2 years.

superkegger
03-14-2009, 01:31 AM
3/3 on the MLE so far... I don't see him taking any less than 8, though. I think he can secure that much.

Where, who has 8 million and is going to give it to AI? Few enough teams are going to have that kind of room, and few enough after that are going to want to spend it period. Whittle that down to who's going to spend it on AI. I doubt he gets 8 million.

Unless of course it's a sign and trade and someone really is foolish enough to think he's the missing piece. cough dallas cough.

DenButsu
03-14-2009, 01:50 AM
Where, who has 8 million and is going to give it to AI? Few enough teams are going to have that kind of room, and few enough after that are going to want to spend it period. Whittle that down to who's going to spend it on AI. I doubt he gets 8 million.

Unless of course it's a sign and trade and someone really is foolish enough to think he's the missing piece. cough dallas cough.

Minny? (They'd have no problem trading MM's expiring and could probably whittle down their payroll some through a trade or two).

OKC? (Westbrook-AI-Durant could be a pretty sick 1-2-3, although I'm not sure they'd want to mess with the chemistry, and Westbrook and Durant would need to step up their D)

RealistRocket34
03-14-2009, 01:57 AM
Dallas, He'll take them out of the playoff race in the West, next season.

THE MTL
03-14-2009, 02:00 AM
There arent any teams with any real cap space. If Toronto renounces Marion, Graham, and Parker, then they can get Allen Iverson at 8 million, but thats about it. Portland wouldnt bite. Iverson wouldnt go Grizzlies or Thunder. Utah is resigning some guys and still wouldnt bite. Hawks is def. keeping that team together.

Basically, AI has to play for the mid-level :(.

Allabouthephils
03-14-2009, 02:01 AM
I could see AI landing in Houston next year with Skip gone, T-Mac missing time that you can set your watch to it seems like, and Yao needing someone that can really step into that scoring role and take over a game when Tracy is out...

2 yrs MLE to Houston...

Lakers09
03-14-2009, 02:06 AM
He's goin goin back back to philly philly!

BenFrank
03-14-2009, 02:14 AM
Boston

2 yrs MLE

He want's a championship

superkegger
03-14-2009, 02:29 AM
Minny? (They'd have no problem trading MM's expiring and could probably whittle down their payroll some through a trade or two).

OKC? (Westbrook-AI-Durant could be a pretty sick 1-2-3, although I'm not sure they'd want to mess with the chemistry, and Westbrook and Durant would need to step up their D)

Doubt Minny does it. Kevin McHale is officially out of the front office for good, so he can't **** that up. He doesn't fit there, and they don't need another small combo guard.

And like you said with OKC, no way Sam Presti messes with that chemistry by throwing AI in there, he's alreay proven he's smarter than that.

It's got to be either a familiar place or a contender.

Which is why I think Charlotte. Reunite with Larry Brown, have 2 other guards that can handle the ball, a somewhat "budding" team, sound defensively. It makes sense. Plus you know Larry Brown probably wouldn't be opposed to it, and you know MJ will try anything.

I really think it makes perfect sense.

prash
03-14-2009, 02:42 AM
I'd be happy if he came to Toronto. We could really use him.

IRUAM #21
03-14-2009, 03:15 AM
Toronto

1yr/5mill

Hotone1401
03-14-2009, 12:50 PM
AI should just retire.

DenButsu
03-14-2009, 12:52 PM
AI should just retire.

Why? That's a really extreme take.

Free Throw
03-14-2009, 01:05 PM
1/yr deal with the Detroit Shock.

Lindystud36
03-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Any chance hell go down to Miami to play along side of Chalmers. Comming off the bench he could be a good asset for the MLE

This next idea may be far off, but the lakers and come off the bench. HIs ego aside he will help with the second unit and give LA some extra fire power. Who knows what will happen

sep11ie
03-14-2009, 01:08 PM
I see him in Houston

2 years with the injury exemption from She-Mac.

ggg
03-14-2009, 01:08 PM
He's gonna want a competitive team for sure with a good coach thats gonna need what he brings. But he is such a liability on defense . My guess is dallas.. Or early retirement. He is a cancer, its hard to include him on a championship team these days because of his defense and need for the ball.

urnuttynut
03-14-2009, 01:19 PM
I'll think he'll want to go to cavs celtics or magic

He'll want to go to a competitive team. I figure celtics are the best bet between kevin garnett telling everyone to go there and the fact that the marbury thing isnt working out (But he's still shaking off rust)

Celtics dont have much depth and would take him too
Lakers wont take him
Spurs probably wont want to break the chemistry of their three
Cavs already have Mo Will who's doing fine.

unwantedplayer
03-14-2009, 01:30 PM
2 yrs MLE

I think any championship caliber team.

ggg
03-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Weak sidekick internet, my post didn't go through. Anyway, like urnutty nut said, he's gonna be in a competitive team. But the concern about AI's game is his lack of awareness on defense and his need for the ball. Its going to be hard for him to fit in any championship team that's gonna want to be better, he is most likely gonna be on a team that's gonna need him specially wit the detroit experience now. Houston is a perfect fit but, they're gonna have aroon brooks and ai on the line up and that would be disaster defensively. So my guess would be dallas since you got a big PG in kidd, a settle with a big payroll or early retirement.

ggg
03-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Oh it did! Wth. My phone sucks im sorry peope.

BkOriginalOne
03-14-2009, 02:24 PM
He could either:
1. Replace Steph next season for boston.
2. Go back to phili.
3. Utah Jazz.
4. Hornets
5. Spurs (bench)
6. AI playing Laker basketball?
7. Toronto if they reform their team this summer.
8. Orlando Magic

stevec6
03-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Boston

2 yrs MLE

He want's a championship

id love that but i dont see it happening

Cromedome
03-14-2009, 02:55 PM
6 years 100 million for the Knicks.

What....it's not like the Knicks haven't done something like this before.

IversonIsKrazy
03-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Well hes gunna have to go for full MLE ($5.8m)
And hes going to wanna go 2 a championship-contender team.
I dont c him going to Boston to be like the 7th man. Neither do i c lakers signing him. Spurs r'ent going to want him since they got like Parker, Hill, Mason, Ginobili. Magic only want 1 ball-handler along side Dwight, there not gunna want another 1. Also, i higly doubt Blazers r going 2 want a guy like AI, they prob r gunna want a SF more.

WESTERN TEAMS: (In-order of who would be better w/ him)

Rockets: Starting PG alongside Yao and Artest. Pretty much a replacement of T-Mac, but when hes back i guess they would be worse. I would think Rockets would actually be a bit better. Yao, Scola, Battier, Artest, AI

Jazz: Need a wing player, but i'd only c them signing AI AFTER boozer signed w/ another team. I think they'd be really good w/ a guy like AI. D-Will/AI/Korver/Milsap/Okur.

Hornets: Have been a bit underacheiving this year. They need a wing scorer. AI mite help, and imagine a back-court of CP3 & AI. wow, amazing and explosive. but i think they would be worse defensively (obviously) but i think Hornets would still be a LILTTLE better than this year w/ an explosive scorer from the wing. But i think there gunna want 2 spend money on a new C instead of another wing.

Dallas: U never noe, they mite wanna sign him, and maybe not even re-sign J-Kidd. Dont think they would be a championship contender team though, they'd kinda be like the nugz. AI/Melo/K-Mart. AI/Dirk/J-ho. Hopefully this doesn't happen.

Denver?: The happiest years that AI had in the NBA. Dont think the GM is going to even wanna SPEND a dollar in the MLE. but i think they would be really really good. This would be unlikely, but i think the nugz would be really really good w/ him as the starting SG again. Billups/AI/Melo/K-Mart/Nene.

EASTERN TEAMS (not many)

Miami Heat: Highlydoubt there gunna want another combo guard who would play PG w/ WAde but my god, would that be explosive or what. AI & D-Wade, every defence in the league would break-down like crazy. AI/D-Wade/Cook/Haslem/JO.

Philldelphia 76ers: If none of the contenders r going to wanna sign him, nor the 1z i've listed above, i think hes gunna end up here. Ending stages of his career, on the team that he wuz a legend w/. Would be a lil better, if not MLE, would prob would replace Andre Millers $13m contract. So either AI/Iggy/Thad/Brand/Dalembert or Andre/AI/Iggy/Brand/Dalembert.

McPeak92
03-14-2009, 03:29 PM
AI won't go to Boston to be a 3rd or 4th option

superkegger
03-14-2009, 03:38 PM
I really think that he'll end up in Charlotte.

Where did AI have the most success in his career. Philladelphia. Under who? Larry Brown.

What kind of team was that Philly team. A good defensive team, that allowed him to play the 2 guard and be the focal point of the offense.

What does Charlotte lack? A go to guy. They've got good athleticism, they've got 2 ball handling guards in Felton and Augustin, good defenders. It just makes sense to me.

Hanzinho
03-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Boston

2 yrs MLE

He want's a championship

Yeah!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Kakaroach
03-14-2009, 03:58 PM
He wants a championship, but prolly not with Boston. Maybe like a guy off the bench for Atlanta or another team.

mrblisterdundee
03-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Team: Philadelphia 76'ers

Salary: $8-10 million per season

Years: 2-3 years

JJ81
03-14-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm guessing Charlotte will sign him.

b_rad23
03-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Sixers probably, Charlotte would make almost as much sense.

IversonIsKrazy
03-14-2009, 06:10 PM
rockets man.

Mets4Life101
03-14-2009, 06:12 PM
i wanna see him back in philly

asmarks18
03-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Call me crazy but I predict the Sixers. With the full MLE.

superkegger
03-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Team: Philadelphia 76'ers

Salary: $8-10 million per season

Years: 2-3 years

Philly already has about 59 million committed next season, and that's with losing Andre Miller's contract. SO they're probably right around where the cap will be, if not over. They don't have 8-10 million to give him.

ggg
03-14-2009, 08:45 PM
AI is like 33 or 34 years old. can he still run n gun? he cant shoot 3's. he cant defend. his championship caliber team would be a great defensive team that needs another source on offense.

baller1532
03-14-2009, 09:24 PM
seeing him back with denver would be interesting. he would be one of the first options, and chauncey's maturity may make ai better at being a teammate (defense, etc.)

ggg
03-15-2009, 02:35 AM
its a blurry offseason for iverson but I hope he finds that team where he exactly knows where to contribute and what to do every night.