PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Marion Is 'Pissed Off' In Toronto

JordansBulls
03-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Source: SlamSports (http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Basketball/NBA/Toronto/2009/03/13/8735841-sun.html)

Ten games as a Raptor and already Shawn Marion admits the frustration is getting to him.

"I'm pissed off," he said yesterday after lifting weights. "I am. I want to win.

"I don't want to go out there and lose every night. I didn't come here for this. I didn't expect this.

"Right now, we've got no fire. We've got to find that fire. That's what we need. We have a talented team, man. We have to pull together and help each other. We have to decide now if we're going to fold it up or look in the mirror, make a stride, and get on with it."

Didn't he say he got tired of Miami's offense as soon as he left? Also didn't he say he wanted to get out of Phoenix because they didn't appreciate him?

He seems to complain wherever he goes now.

Brooke
03-13-2009, 09:23 PM
what else is new? it seems all he ever does is complain

Hellcrooner
03-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Lakers Mle?

Kakaroach
03-13-2009, 09:24 PM
He is a complainer, but this might be what the Raptors need. Their team plays like a bunch of dudes who have given up before the game even starts.

superkegger
03-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Go figure. What a malcontent whiny *****. He's killed his value. He's going to have one of the biggest salary reductions I think we've ever seen in the NBA. I'd be surprised if he gets even the MLE this offseason.

jetsfan89
03-13-2009, 09:26 PM
I remember Mark Jackson talking about this when the shaq trade was made. Marion made it clear he never cared about winning. He never wanted to sign long term with the suns and wanted to be a FA this year. He's getting his wish isnt he.

Vinny642
03-13-2009, 09:26 PM
IMO He is pretty overrated as a player... this dude gotta shut up and just play.

IRUAM #21
03-13-2009, 09:27 PM
This guy is such a Crybaby

Hellcrooner
03-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Come on, who didnt see this coming, they started the season with No qualified Reserve Pg, Underpar Sguards the Worst Starting Sf (moon) in the league and Three Natural Power fowards and No center.......

Now they still have no good SG and natural center has to develop (Obryant or Jawai).

If they were lukcy to land 1st pick and were willing to trade Bosh or Bargs, knowing that they ahve the money to add Ben gordon fore example they could be MUCH better next year.

b_rad23
03-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Source: SlamSports (http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Basketball/NBA/Toronto/2009/03/13/8735841-sun.html)

Didn't he say he got tired of Miami's offense as soon as he left? Also didn't he say he wanted to get out of Phoenix because they didn't appreciate him?

He seems to complain wherever he goes now.

He never complained while he was here though. He was positive and happy. He only complained after he left. I feel bad for the guy. He got traded to Miami in a slow offense then to a place that should be better, only the team sucks.

Wilson
03-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Lakers Mle?

Oh man, I thought we were past the Marion/Lakers conversations. Don't need him, don't want him...

kswissdaf
03-13-2009, 09:36 PM
He isnt complaining he is just mad his team isnt winning and that is ok

rapswin98
03-13-2009, 09:41 PM
he should get used to it cause there are 17 losses to go

jrodmesche
03-13-2009, 09:42 PM
you have to remember he was traded from a playoff team with the best city, miami, to the freezing city of toronto to be on a team that wont make the playoffs and arent trying too.
wouldent you be upset?

rapswin98
03-13-2009, 09:50 PM
now its 16 more losses left to go

rapswin98
03-13-2009, 09:51 PM
you have to remember he was trade from a playoff team to with the best city, miami, to the freezing could city of toronto to be on a team that wont make the playoffs and arent trying too.
wouldent you be upset?if thats one reason why hes pissed then hes a *****

smith&wesson
03-13-2009, 09:55 PM
He never complained while he was here though. He was positive and happy. He only complained after he left. I feel bad for the guy. He got traded to Miami in a slow offense then to a place that should be better, only the team sucks.

he only complained after he left ? complaining is complaning. no matter when you do it. the guys is acting as if he is averaging 20 and 10 .. he is playing below average himself. he came to toronto knowing our season was over so whats he expect to win the last 19 games of the season and still not make the play offs ? lol the guys a joker. if he was the shawn marion he was in pheonix i highly doubt Pat Riley would ever trade him. im a raps fan .. but i got respect for pat riley.

smith&wesson
03-13-2009, 09:59 PM
you have to remember he was traded from a playoff team with the best city, miami, to the freezing city of toronto to be on a team that wont make the playoffs and arent trying too.
wouldent you be upset?

he wanted out of miami. he cant say i dont want to play in miami because wade gets all the plays called for him and then go to a **** team where all the plays are called for him and still say he is unhappy. he knew the season was over for the raps when he came here. we are tanking the season because theres no point in winning now. we need picks right ? our team obviously needs help so why try to make 8th seed and play clevland or boston and get blown out 4 games straight. thats just stupid.. the man needs to accept that this year is over and just play for a contract. :D

pacman16
03-13-2009, 10:01 PM
people are dumb, saying hes got a prob *****ing by how the raps are playing..
he has every right too...he expexts toronto to play hard wich they hardly do anymore.prob expected bosh to live up to somethin besides bein a ***** all year..
bosh needs to go off this team!

still1ballin
03-13-2009, 10:04 PM
LOL how do you not expect to lose in toronto? LOL if he wants to win, come to LA Marion!!

smith&wesson
03-13-2009, 10:07 PM
people are dumb, saying hes got a prob *****ing by how the raps are playing..
he has every right too...he expexts toronto to play hard wich they hardly do anymore.prob expected bosh to live up to somethin besides bein a ***** all year..
bosh needs to go off this team!

pacman, ppl arent dumb. the guy his crying. he knew he was coming to a team that had already given up on the season. the team is tanking to get a good pick next year. isnt that what miami did last year ? and look they got beasley which a great player or will be one. marion needs to suck it up and play for his contract or he will be 5 mill a year man rather then 14 mill a year man. plus he aint even playing good so how can he say my team mates arent play hard ? bargs plays way better then he does. straight up . :cool:

smith&wesson
03-13-2009, 10:27 PM
sign and trade in the off season or next year. looks like laker fans want him. trade him for lamar.

Living Legend
03-13-2009, 11:17 PM
This guy just needs to goto the Knicks.

Reunite with Dantoni

Master Mind
03-14-2009, 12:25 AM
It must suck going from mid seed of the playoff race with Miami to battling with the Knicks for the 9th spot...lol...

Rocco007
03-14-2009, 12:49 AM
Another D'Antoni system guy.I was never impressed.

clehmun
03-14-2009, 01:10 AM
seriously, this guy is just using toronto to "up" his value this offseason.
he started acting like a leader when in his whole career he used to "lead by example", and never talked much.
he wants to run more in toronto because that will give him better stats. unfortunately, he could careless about toronto winning a few more games. raptors are not going to make the playoffs anyway. why act like you didn't know before you came? do you really think he's losing sleep because toronto will finish the season with 25 wins, instead of 30?
he's just trying to show the league wow, i'm a leader, i want to win, sign me to a huge contract.
he's trying to say the right things, act the right way, but it's too obvious right now.

Teeboy1487
03-14-2009, 01:18 AM
I am losing respect for this guy. Why did he want out of phoenix when they were number 1 in the west at the time? Most guys would be honored to play in the nba, but all he does is *****. Marion is such a diva.

Lindystud36
03-14-2009, 01:29 AM
Hell prob be a Knick for the a cheap contract.

THE MTL
03-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Shawn Marion would destroy the Lakers. He'll REALLY be complaining. He'll be the freaking FOURTH OPTION on offense. He wouldnt get any plays at all. His playing time will be reduced, too.

Marion really just needs to come to D'Antoni, but I dont want him on the Knicks cause he will steal minutes away our some of our young deserving guys like Chandler.

LA_cabals
03-14-2009, 02:47 AM
he started acting like a leader when in his whole career he used to "lead by example", and never talked much.
he wants to run more in toronto because that will give him better stats. unfortunately, he could careless about toronto winning a few more games. raptors are not going to make the playoffs anyway. why act like you didn't know before you came? do you really think he's losing sleep because toronto will finish the season with 25 wins, instead of 30?
he's just trying to show the league wow, i'm a leader, i want to win, sign me to a huge contract.
he's trying to say the right things, act the right way, but it's too obvious right now.

Well said. My thoughts exactly.. :cheers:

Raidaz4Life
03-14-2009, 03:04 AM
if thats one reason why hes pissed then hes a *****

I sure as hell would be pissed if they moved me from Miami to Toronto

downsos
03-14-2009, 03:21 AM
Is anybody surprised he's upset? He hasn't liked it anywhere he's played in.

JayW_1023
03-14-2009, 07:24 AM
Shawn Marion is a player who relied alot on his athletic ability during his prime. Now that that part of his game is starting to diminish, the flaws in his game are getting exposed.

He is no longer that terror in the open court.

R_Squared99
03-14-2009, 07:36 AM
Come on, who didnt see this coming, they started the season with No qualified Reserve Pg, Underpar Sguards the Worst Starting Sf (moon) in the league and Three Natural Power fowards and No center.......

Now they still have no good SG and natural center has to develop (Obryant or Jawai).

If they were lukcy to land 1st pick and were willing to trade Bosh or Bargs, knowing that they ahve the money to add Ben gordon fore example they could be MUCH better next year.

Actually, Anthony Parker is a sick player.

Trouble87
03-14-2009, 08:11 AM
frustrated with his slumping level of production, can't express it any other way, and has no one to blame for losses but himself... He'll probably end up on the Clippers next year

theimortalone
03-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Wow, maybe he should play in NY where he will be happy? :shrug: All he does is *****es and moans! Marion just needs to shut the hell up and play some basketball!

Faneik
03-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Wow, maybe he should play in NY where he will be happy? :shrug: All he does is *****es and moans! Marion just needs to shut the hell up and play some basketball!

ditto. he is getting paid he should act like a professional. stop the whining!

GodsSon
03-14-2009, 10:39 AM

and the city of san antonio is any better? LOL what a joke...if you've never been to Toronto, dont try and talk down on it based on what you think you know, or what you might have heard.

GodsSon
03-14-2009, 10:42 AM
It must suck going from mid seed of the playoff race with Miami to battling with the Knicks for the 9th spot...lol...

ya, exactly what happened to him last year in a bigger fashion when miami sucked bigger ***.

DrDEADalready
03-14-2009, 12:07 PM
:cry: me a river Marion. Stop *****ing about it and Do something about it.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Kenyon Martin should tell Marion that it's better to be pissed off then pissed on.

VCaintdead17
03-14-2009, 12:36 PM
I don't blaim him. It seems no one in Toronto cares anymore. They have no heart what so ever. Marion is just trying to get his team mates to play harder.

sep11ie
03-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Go figure. What a malcontent whiny *****. He's killed his value. He's going to have one of the biggest salary reductions I think we've ever seen in the NBA. I'd be surprised if he gets even the MLE this offseason.

I'd be very surprised if he didn't get the MLE.

I don't think teams will go Bonzi Wells on him.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
03-14-2009, 01:15 PM
he wasnt appreciated it in toronto, but he loved the offense, so he didnt like it in miami, thought he had a chance to win in toronto he doesnt, so he wants to be appreciated and win and havea good offense, makes sense, ya its complaining but who doesnt want thos things

LAKERS 24/7
03-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Like I said before, he's just not a winner.

Drtino
03-14-2009, 01:46 PM
I wonder if the Nets might try to get him for at least a year...

J-Relo
03-14-2009, 01:51 PM
who wouldn't be?.........

Drtino
03-14-2009, 01:54 PM
I don't think it's his fault either... he sounds like he really wants to belong to a team that wants to win, as long as they play hard.

Although, it goes both ways.

Kakaroach
03-14-2009, 02:14 PM
I am losing respect for this guy. Why did he want out of phoenix when they were number 1 in the west at the time? Most guys would be honored to play in the nba, but all he does is *****. Marion is such a diva. Thats true, he is the definition of a diva. But still, going from a playoff team to the Heat last year who were horrible must have sucked. And now he goes from another playoff team to another horrible team.

Drtino
03-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Thats true, he is the definition of a diva. But still, going from a playoff team to the Heat last year who were horrible must have sucked. And now he goes from another playoff team to another horrible team.

A Diva? wow...:rolleyes::D

smith&wesson
03-14-2009, 02:48 PM

thats right my man. thank god somone knows the deal for real. Marion wanting to win games for the raps at this point hurts us more then helps us because we need the lottery pick... obviously our team is hurting:(

smith&wesson
03-14-2009, 02:49 PM
ya, exactly what happened to him last year in a bigger fashion when miami sucked bigger ***.

LOL HAHAH EH MEN TO THAT... dont talk big cuz miami is having a half decent season... they are due one after tanking two seasons in a row...

Kakaroach
03-14-2009, 02:52 PM
A Diva? wow...:rolleyes::D :confused: What do you mean? If you don't think he is a diva, then you need a reality check.

Lowstrings
03-14-2009, 03:22 PM
and the city of san antonio is any better? LOL what a joke...if you've never been to Toronto, dont try and talk down on it based on what you think you know, or what you might have heard.

I live in Florida, but I've been in Toronto. I'd be mad as hell too if I was Marion.

Lowstrings
03-14-2009, 03:26 PM
LOL HAHAH EH MEN TO THAT... dont talk big cuz miami is having a half decent season... they are due one after tanking two seasons in a row...

Yeah, I remember Wade being injured too. What's toronto's excuse? :shrug:

GodsSon
03-14-2009, 03:45 PM
I live in Florida, but I've been in Toronto. I'd be mad as hell too if I was Marion.

being in toronto, and living in toronto are 2 very different things. Apart from warmer annual weather and beaches, what does Miami have that Toronto doesnt? other then hurricanes that is...Im not sure what the majority perception of Toronto is in the US, but its a mini-new york with a very good night life, and hits 40-50 degrees celsius in the warmer months lol...as for toronto's excuse, i can play the injury card too as Bosh, JO and Calderon have all missed significant time throughout the season.

Kakaroach
03-14-2009, 03:53 PM
I've been to Toronto during the summer and its pretty nice. Montreal is what most of you are thinking of lol.

JordansBulls
03-14-2009, 04:29 PM
I actually wanted this guy on the Bulls, but not anymore.

b_rad23
03-14-2009, 05:13 PM
I'd be pissed too.

fairandbalanced
03-14-2009, 05:23 PM
What else can Marion do beside alley-opp dunks and fastbreak points? He is a solid rebounder but he is just not a star player, which he thinks he is. The dude has never liked his role on any team, however, he's never proved that he could play a different role.

fairandbalanced
03-14-2009, 05:26 PM
being in toronto, and living in toronto are 2 very different things. Apart from warmer annual weather and beaches, what does Miami have that Toronto doesnt? other then hurricanes that is...Im not sure what the majority perception of Toronto is in the US, but its a mini-new york with a very good night life, and hits 40-50 degrees celsius in the warmer months lol...as for toronto's excuse, i can play the injury card too as Bosh, JO and Calderon have all missed significant time throughout the season.

I would rather play in Alaska; atleast, I can see Russia from my house.......which seems more fun than anything Toronto has to offer.

29$JerZ
03-14-2009, 05:26 PM
He'll stay in Toronto because no team will give him any kind of money he will want except for Toronto. If he hates losing and complaining he might as well sign the MLE with the Lakers,Spurs or whatever team offer him it.

Lowstrings
03-15-2009, 02:14 AM
I would rather play in Alaska; atleast, I can see Russia from my house.......which seems more fun than anything Toronto has to offer.

Ouch. I though it was bad when I stayed there, didn't think it was THAT bad. :p Alaska is nice though. They should seriously host an NBA team there. :cool:

I think Marion is overrated. He is athletic, but so are a bunch of other guys in the game. He can hit the long ball, but I wouldn't say he's a great shooter. I don't know, just my opinion really.

bullocks
03-15-2009, 04:10 AM

winter weather aside.

toronto > miami.

bullocks
03-15-2009, 04:15 AM

lol @ your ignorance of toronto. toronto is one of the top cities in the world. not to mention toronto night life > almost anywhere in the US.

Fireworld
03-15-2009, 06:14 AM
Lakers Mle?

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

codes238
03-15-2009, 06:29 AM
i think the spurs should pony up and give him the MLE, he would be great for them at the 3 and it would also give the spurs a mean lineup when they wanted to go small: parker, ginobli, mason, marion, duncan