PDA

View Full Version : Honest Question for Teams that are title contenders

JordansBulls
03-13-2009, 02:12 PM
If your team is a title contender but they lose in the playoffs before the finals, do you continue watching the playoffs or do you stop once your team is out?

Lakers09
03-13-2009, 02:25 PM
a true fan continues to watch...a bandwagonner stops

superkegger
03-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Well, I still watch, but not as much. Like, the finals for sure I'll catch, no doubt. But like in 05-06 and 06-07 when the Lakers got eliminated in the first round, I still watched a good deal of the playoffs, but since I didn't have as vested of an interest I didn't watch as fervently. Like, I would do everything I could to not miss a lakers game, but once they got eliminated, if I miss some other game, oh well. I wouldn't plan my life around the rest of the playoffs like I would if the Lakers were still in it, but I'd still try to catch as many games as I could

KobeIs
03-13-2009, 02:27 PM

amen

thephoenixson28
03-13-2009, 02:35 PM
I tune in for time to time but don't really follow up on any teams.

lakerboy
03-13-2009, 02:35 PM
If the Lakers are out, I'd still be up to date. But I'm not going to religiously monitor everything that is happening.

TheKing23
03-13-2009, 02:37 PM
There's still a huge amount of drama and excitement to experience even when your team gets eliminated.
Many people just choose to root for the underdog when their team goes out.

DrDEADalready
03-13-2009, 02:42 PM
I don't know what you would consider it. I watch all the Jazz games when they play. But if they lost. I wouldn't watch other games. But I do keep track of them. so I guess that can be considered watching.

borat
03-13-2009, 02:42 PM
As a fan of basketball I will still watch. However, it's a lot different as at the end of the day you don't really care who wins or loses.

ItsTheLastAce
03-13-2009, 02:53 PM
i would catch a few games here and there. I'll definatly watch the finals,

ill follow a series if its a really good matchup.

king4day
03-13-2009, 03:05 PM
If the Lakers are out, I'd still be up to date. But I'm not going to religiously monitor everything that is happening.

My sentiments exactly.
I'll turn on games that I see are close, and will certainly follow the scoreboard, but I don't have interest in watching say the Pistons/Hawks type of matchups.

EX-TREME
03-13-2009, 03:11 PM
i would continue to watch

desertlakeshow
03-13-2009, 03:28 PM

Call me what you want. I have been watching the lakers and following like it was a cult for 30 years. I was at the forum the night the LA riots started (against portland and we won).

If the lakers lose in the playoffs. I shut it down. There are even seasons where I will not even watch another game unless the lakers are playing. But I do not miss laker games and I do not consider myself a bandwagoner fan of any sort.

Regards

Raidaz4Life
03-13-2009, 03:45 PM
depends whose in... I refuse to watch a spurs pistons finals.

_Sn1P3r_
03-13-2009, 03:50 PM
I'll still watch if the Lakers are out. I love basketball in general, I just won't make a big deal about who wins or not though.

JordansBulls
03-13-2009, 04:51 PM
The reason I asked is because I believe D'Antoni said once the Suns were out of the playoffs he didn't watch anything else. And many other coaches have said the same thing.

#1LakersFan
03-13-2009, 04:53 PM
I continue to watch...unless SA and Detroit meet. Now thats worthy of changing the channel.

Kakaroach
03-13-2009, 04:55 PM
If you are a true fan of the game, you will continue watch the playoffs, even if your team loses.

superkegger
03-13-2009, 05:05 PM
The reason I asked is because I believe D'Antoni said once the Suns were out of the playoffs he didn't watch anything else. And many other coaches have said the same thing.

Yeah, but I think thats different. After your season is over as a coach or player, especially in playoff losses, its got to be hard to watch those who beat you play on.

Wilson
03-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Well, I still watch, but not as much. Like, the finals for sure I'll catch, no doubt. But like in 05-06 and 06-07 when the Lakers got eliminated in the first round, I still watched a good deal of the playoffs, but since I didn't have as vested of an interest I didn't watch as fervently. Like, I would do everything I could to not miss a lakers game, but once they got eliminated, if I miss some other game, oh well. I wouldn't plan my life around the rest of the playoffs like I would if the Lakers were still in it, but I'd still try to catch as many games as I could

That pretty much sums me up as well. I'll watch some games when I can, and I'll watch all the finals games. I have watched every NFL play-off game the past few years, but that's easier because there aren't as many (and that's actually on TV over here as well).

One of my friends always says that if his team loses in the play-offs, then he'll root for the team that knocked them out to win the championship, so at least his team lost to the best.

Wilson
03-13-2009, 05:16 PM
I continue to watch...unless SA and Detroit meet. Now thats worthy of changing the channel.

I actually really enjoyed the last three games of that series. There's nothing wrong with some good defense, in my opinion.

I've said this before, I don't mind if a game is low scoring. I just want to watch two good/great teams play a competitive game. Whether that's a 120-119 game or a 90-89 game, I don't mind. I just want to watch a competitve game played at a high level.

#1LakersFan
03-13-2009, 05:22 PM
I actually really enjoyed the last three games of that series. There's nothing wrong with some good defense, in my opinion.

I've said this before, I don't mind if a game is low scoring. I just want to watch two good/great teams play a competitive game. Whether that's a 120-119 game or a 90-89 game, I don't mind. I just want to watch a competitve game played at a high level.

Yeh, there's nothing wrong with some good defense...but there is something wrong with some awful offense.

I think there was some talk about that Finals being one of the lowest rated of all time. Imagine if SA didn't have TP or Ginobili...ugh.

S.J.Basketball
03-13-2009, 05:26 PM
I have 2 teams. My Warriors and Lakers and if they're out if I could give a damn who wins. I might check the boxscores and see the highlights, but I'm not gonna waste 2 and a half hours watching two teams I could care less about. I could go do something more productive like working out......or getting laid.

yanks19791024
03-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Im a fan for my team not any other team. Its akso kinda hard to watch the team that just beat my team. So I voted stop watching.

KINGofKINGS28
03-13-2009, 05:34 PM
When the celts r in i watch every celts game... If they get eliminated i would watch but not go out of my way to watch a game...... Would def watch the finals....

chicagowhitesox
03-13-2009, 05:36 PM
i undoubtedly keep watching. mlb is another story.

superkegger
03-13-2009, 05:47 PM
i undoubtedly keep watching. mlb is another story.

agreed, if your team isn't playing in the mlb playoffs, :yawn:

and I fricking love your sig. Sweat to god whenever i see your posts i watch your sig 2 or 3 times. it just never gets old for me.

JordansBulls
03-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Yeah, but I think thats different. After your season is over as a coach or player, especially in playoff losses, its got to be hard to watch those who beat you play on.

True

kb24ap28
03-13-2009, 06:03 PM

i honestly dont understand this. wen the lakers lose, i stop watching. how does this make me a bandwagoner? the only team i want to watch and ever do watch is the lakers. i dont see how i am a bandwagoner for only watching my favorite team. :confused:

JordansBulls
03-13-2009, 09:11 PM
i honestly dont understand this. wen the lakers lose, i stop watching. how does this make me a bandwagoner? the only team i want to watch and ever do watch is the lakers. i dont see how i am a bandwagoner for only watching my favorite team. :confused:

See this is what I thought a few people would say as well. Especially if after a heartbreaking loss.

superkegger
03-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I don't think there's any shame in being not all that interested in the games if your team isn't playing. However I find it very annoying when those people make judgements about the series or players in the series when they haven't watched the games.

jimbobjarree
03-14-2009, 12:12 AM
watch till the bitter end...even if it might be 6am

Wilson
03-14-2009, 12:05 PM
watch till the bitter end...even if it might be 6am

:clap: :clap:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-14-2009, 12:20 PM
When tha nuggets get eliminated... wich is aruond mid-May... I continue to watch, I love basketball and I still like other players. I just pray that the Lakers don't win it.

Bucsfan
03-14-2009, 12:26 PM

how is that being a bandwagoner? you still stuck it out with your favorite team?

I usually stop watching, but i check on scores and such...that makes me a bandwagon fan? because i only like to watch my team?

thats ******** if you ask me