PDA

View Full Version : Interesting question

Hellcrooner
03-13-2009, 04:25 AM
We all know the Los Angeles Lakers are the most LOVED and HATED at the same time Franchise in the NBA.

Now here is my question, what part of it is the one you Love or Hate?

Los Angeles or Lakers.

If they were Moved back to Minnesotta, would you still love them? would you still hate them?

DerekRE_3
03-13-2009, 04:39 AM
I notice how theres no middle ground on this question. Doesn't apply to me though.

Hellcrooner
03-13-2009, 04:42 AM
^because if you are in the middle you wouldnt care if they moved. :) thats why i put the opposites.

I just want to know if its LA or Lakers what makes people love or hate them.

If people would Hate/love the Los Angeles SURFERS or hate/Love the DES MOINES Lakers.

Duncan = Donkey
03-13-2009, 04:43 AM
is still hate them

abe_froman
03-13-2009, 04:51 AM
i dont hate them,i admire them(though not a fan,just want my team to be more like them)

TheDiggler
03-13-2009, 07:24 AM
1. I'm against moving a franchise.
2. I'm even more against moving and losing a franchise with that reputation/tradition.
3. With what the Lakers won over the past years, from all the great players they had, it would not be the same NBA to me (personally) without The Los Angeles Lakers (and I'm not a Fan of them).
4. I think envy brings in many, if not the most haters ...

I don't feel hate for any franchise ... I just don't like teams we lose to ...

prash
03-13-2009, 10:05 AM
I just don't want Kobe to ever win a Championship without Shaq.

DrDEADalready
03-13-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm a Hater through and through. :cool:

Mr Wonderful
03-13-2009, 10:52 AM
We all know the Los Angeles Lakers are the most LOVED and HATED at the same time Franchise in the NBA.

Now here is my question, what part of it is the one you Love or Hate?

Los Angeles or Lakers.

If they were Moved back to Minnesotta, would you still love them? would you still hate them?

I don't hate or love them, I happen to be in a city that has won before (Chicago)...my guess is that's the reason people hate them. But if they moved to Minnesotta, I'd be SLIGHTLY upset...but indifferent. I just don't like to see teams moved from place to place.

Wilson
03-13-2009, 11:00 AM
I don't know. When the Lakers moved to LA, they were struggling in Minneapolis. Now, in LA, they're one of the most succesful sports teams in the world, and one of the most beloved. If it was a case where they were just screwing over a fanbase (like the Sonics), then I couldn't like them anymore.

Maybe I'd like them again when they got a new owner, but I don't know.

I don't think it matters though, I don't think the Busses are going to sell or move the team...

superkegger
03-13-2009, 01:32 PM
The Lakers are hated because of their greatness and because of their location. They've been able to be as good as they have in their history primarily due to the fact that they've been in a big market that financially blesses them. If Jerry Buss sells the team and that owner moved them to minneapolis, i doubt they'd have as deep or generous of pockets and the franchise would look like, oh I don't know, perhaps the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Kyben36
03-13-2009, 01:47 PM
I dont Hate the Lakers, I dont hate L.A. I hate the fans of L.A. Not for any reason but their cocky attitude with all their players. I mean, bynum has half a good season and sudenly they want to call him the next shaq. They trade for Gasol, and now, they start saying, Kobe doesnt need shaq, we have Gasol, hes better. They talk about trades that are so out of this world, that is if they where to hapen. They act like every player on their team is amazing, now, I admit, Kobe is pretty damn good, but you cant talk like Ariza is some great player like they have. They want to act like he is the next Danny Granger or something. They just are so cocky about everything. Thats why I hate them.

IndyRealist
03-13-2009, 01:53 PM
I really dislike the Lakers, but if they were in Minnesota again I probably couldn't care less about them (sorry, twolves).

Hellcrooner
03-13-2009, 01:55 PM
I dont Hate the Lakers, I dont hate L.A. I hate the fans of L.A. Not for any reason but their cocky attitude with all their players. I mean, bynum has half a good season and sudenly they want to call him the next shaq. They trade for Gasol, and now, they start saying, Kobe doesnt need shaq, we have Gasol, hes better. They talk about trades that are so out of this world, that is if they where to hapen. They act like every player on their team is amazing, now, I admit, Kobe is pretty damn good, but you cant talk like Ariza is some great player like they have. They want to act like he is the next Danny Granger or something. They just are so cocky about everything. Thats why I hate them.

Homers grow everywhere, have you never heard of Raptors fan claiming Calderon as an Allstar? and at seasons beginning claiming they were a contender in the East?

Just an example, no pun intended.

Wilson
03-13-2009, 02:10 PM

What you're doing though, is taking a group of Laker fans, and using them to generalize the entire fanbase. Like Hellcrooner said, every fan base has it's homers.

There are actually a lot of intelligent, smart Laker fans with good knowledge of basketball, but people always act like we're all just a bunch of chimps with purple jerseys on...

Kyben36
03-13-2009, 04:35 PM
What you're doing though, is taking a group of Laker fans, and using them to generalize the entire fanbase. Like Hellcrooner said, every fan base has it's homers.

There are actually a lot of intelligent, smart Laker fans with good knowledge of basketball, but people always act like we're all just a bunch of chimps with purple jerseys on...

I just feel like there are alot of people that brag so much, especialy Lakers, I mean, at least the boston fans dont come into the NBA forum every other day with a new thead about how they are so great, They stay in their forum most of the time. But there where so many Bynum post in here last year and in the preseason, I almost trew up. Ill admit, alot of teams brag about player, The bulls do it too much with Rose, I mean, the guy is good a future star, but we dont need to brag all the time. I just feel like some Lakers fans ( not all ) are so ignorant. one was trying to tell me that Vlad ( B4 trade ) would be a perfect fit next to rose, even thouth he plays terrible D. I mean, the guy Might help on offense, but deffensivly we would be worse than we are with Gordon IMO. I know, all teams brag sometimes, but after you loose the NBA finals, and you post 70+ threads on why the Lakers are the best team to win it next year, It just makes some people Sick.

superkegger
03-13-2009, 04:41 PM

I'm actually an orangutan, not a chimp. :p

I just feel like there are alot of people that brag so much, especialy Lakers, I mean, at least the boston fans dont come into the NBA forum every other day with a new thead about how they are so great, They stay in their forum most of the time. But there where so many Bynum post in here last year and in the preseason, I almost trew up. Ill admit, alot of teams brag about player, The bulls do it too much with Rose, I mean, the guy is good a future star, but we dont need to brag all the time. I just feel like some Lakers fans ( not all ) are so ignorant. one was trying to tell me that Vlad ( B4 trade ) would be a perfect fit next to rose, even thouth he plays terrible D. I mean, the guy Might help on offense, but deffensivly we would be worse than we are with Gordon IMO. I know, all teams brag sometimes, but after you loose the NBA finals, and you post 70+ threads on why the Lakers are the best team to win it next year, It just makes some people Sick.

And to be honest, a lot of the established laker posters on this site feel the exact same way. If you can't stand em, we can't stand em even more. there's probably some new laker fan every week who feels the need to make some post about the greatness of kobe or the lakers or what not. Do we want that, hell no. It basically discredits us from every making any actual point about Kobe or the Lakers, and it's just as frustrating for you as it is for us.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-13-2009, 04:46 PM
People don't hate bead teams unless its your own, so no I doubt it would change its more of just the team.

pd7631
03-13-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm a hater and I would still hate them, but I would probably wouldn't hate them as much because I like the Minnesota fans a lot more than LA fans. But I'm sure that all the LA fans would still be Laker fans so I would still hate them.

Kyle N.
03-13-2009, 08:29 PM
I don't hate the city of LA or its fans. I hate the team because they're good but mainly due to Phil Jackson and his unprofessional remarks. Plus I just hate Kobe anyway. When Phil and Kobe leave the team I suppose I could stop hating them.

rabzouz 96
03-13-2009, 08:40 PM
wheres the i dont care option?

Fireworld
03-13-2009, 08:46 PM
wheres the i dont care option?

Its not opening the thread. :pity:

rabzouz 96
03-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Its not opening the thread. :pity:

the thread said interesting question, so i thought it would be interesting and clicked on it not knowing that it would be the 10000 why do u hate the lakers thread. since i was already here i wanted to vote but my option was not available in the poll thus i raised my voice to express my frustration. now go and make me a sammich habibi

DenButsu
03-13-2009, 09:08 PM
The state of Minnesota couldn't support two NBA teams (which, somewhat ironically, is both similar to and completely different from how the city of Los Angeles can support two NBA teams, but not a single NFL team).

Hellcrooner
03-13-2009, 09:09 PM
^the i dont care option is Not there because....if you dont care why would you want to click on the poll!!!!

also , where do i ask WHY doe speople hate lakers.

Y ask WHATS the thing people hates, the team or the City.

Hellcrooner
03-13-2009, 09:11 PM
The state of Minnesota couldn't support two NBA teams (which, somewhat ironically, is both similar to and completely different from how the city of Los Angeles can support two NBA teams, but not a single NFL team).

Lets imagine teams are SWAPED places, La wolves and minnie Lakers....

Long time no see, you got a brain collapse from watching My bands video?;)

DenButsu
03-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Well, in that case they'd need to change the name of the L.A. team from the "Wolves" to the "Coyotes".

Wilson
03-13-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm actually an orangutan, not a chimp. :p

With ginger hair and a beard, I actually have been called an orangutan many times...

And to be honest, a lot of the established laker posters on this site feel the exact same way. If you can't stand em, we can't stand em even more. there's probably some new laker fan every week who feels the need to make some post about the greatness of kobe or the lakers or what not. Do we want that, hell no. It basically discredits us from every making any actual point about Kobe or the Lakers, and it's just as frustrating for you as it is for us.

I think it's the trade ideas as well. There always seems to be some trade idea where we send Luke Walton for Kevin Durant, or something ridiculous like that.

Hellcrooner
03-13-2009, 10:06 PM
^well how can you blame anybody for that? Pau Gasol for kwame???? how much hate would have raised a trade thread suggesting that?

Wilson
03-13-2009, 10:08 PM
^well how can you blame anybody for that? Pau Gasol for kwame???? how much hate would have raised a trade thread suggesting that?

That was one trade, made by a GM trying to dump a large salary. It isn't exactly the norm is it?

smith&wesson
03-13-2009, 10:14 PM
As long as # 24 is on that team it doesnt matter where they play . .. They will be loved and hated. As long as they are one of the best teams they will be loved and hated. Now lets say they go to minisota and they lose bryant and gaso and odem and they turn in to a crappy timberwolves type team then in that case why wouldnt be loved or hated. They would simply be forgotten.

superkegger
03-14-2009, 02:35 AM

We gave them 10 mil in cap relief, and essentially 3 first rounders. When these nooblet laker fans make their trade threads, we'd be getting pau and 3 first rounders for luke.

Either which way, the ridiculously idiotic Laker posters on this site that join for like 3 weeks post 100 times about nonsense then never come back is what kills the rest of the laker fans who've been around.