PDA

View Full Version : Which Franchises are fundamental to the league

Hellcrooner
03-13-2009, 04:19 AM
Wich would you NEVER WANT to change name or be moved to another city?

My List of "Dont mess with this City , Name and Colours"

LAKERS,SUNS,WARRIORS

BLAZERS,JAZZ,NUGGETS

MAVS,SPURS,ROCKETS

KNICKS,NETS,CELTICS,SIXERS

HEAT,HAWKS,Was***

PISTONS,BULLS; CAVS; PACERS, BUCKS

*** only if they become Bullets Again, while they are the wizards then tehy can be moved and i wont care.

Hellcrooner
03-13-2009, 04:21 AM
mmm i just realized those are ALL the Pre 87 expansion Teams + the Heat that won the right to stay there by winning a title.

abe_froman
03-13-2009, 04:28 AM
everyone will say their home/favorite team obviously

but the main pillars of the nba are c's,lakers,knicks,sixers,bulls

though bulls,knicks and c's have taken nose dives for extended periods of time and the league didnt fold without them being relevant,so...

though i like most the teams/citys and wouldnt want to seem them go,so it's easier to say who i can live without: live without thunder(so new),memphis(just move to seattle,have no footprint in mem,or around the league and miss the sonics)bobcats,maybe clippers but would miss beating up on clippers(jokes,ect.)..and hornets need to exist in some form in some city but dont care if they move(they move alot already)

Hellcrooner
03-13-2009, 04:30 AM
^Well i would say Lakers, Celtics, Knicks and Bulls are the Spine for the league, tell me a single two season streak when None of them was contending and all of them sucked.

abe_froman
03-13-2009, 04:44 AM
^Well i would say Lakers, Celtics, Knicks and Bulls are the Spine for the league, tell me a single two season streak when None of them was contending and all of them sucked.

all?never,but knicks and bulls most this decade(2 of them)

KIDDSNETS0324
03-13-2009, 08:24 AM
everyone will say their home/favorite team obviously

but the main pillars of the nba are c's,lakers,knicks,sixers,bulls

though bulls,knicks and c's have taken nose dives for extended periods of time and the league didnt fold without them being relevant,so...

though i like most the teams/citys and wouldnt want to seem them go,so it's easier to say who i can live without: live without thunder(so new),memphis(just move to seattle,have no footprint in mem,or around the league and miss the sonics)bobcats,maybe clippers but would miss beating up on clippers(jokes,ect.)..and hornets need to exist in some form in some city but dont care if they move(they move alot already)

I agree to the celtics, lakers, sixers, knicks and bulls being the main pillars of the league. i also think its safe to say that the pistons and maybe the spurs are main stays as well

ink
03-13-2009, 10:49 AM
I agree to the celtics, lakers, sixers, knicks and bulls being the main pillars of the league. i also think its safe to say that the pistons and maybe the spurs are main stays as well

I was just going to add those two.

Celtics
Lakers
Bulls
Sixers
Knicks
Pistons
Spurs

Basically, why mess with any of those legendary teams?

On the next tier I'd add:

Suns
Rockets
Nuggets
Pacers
Jazz

Wilson
03-13-2009, 11:03 AM
On the next tier I'd add:

Suns
Rockets
Nuggets
Pacers
Jazz

There's already been talk of the Pacers moving hasn't there?

dre1990
03-13-2009, 11:06 AM
c's, lakers, knicks, pistons, sixers, bulls

JordansBulls
03-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Franchises that are marketable and have a lot of revenue and star attraction.

Bucsfan
03-13-2009, 12:20 PM
I would never want the jazz to move, but wouldnt mind if they changed the name

I hate to see any teams move, but the clippers, wolves, thunder and several others would really care if they had to move

ink
03-13-2009, 12:36 PM
I would never want the jazz to move, but wouldnt mind if they changed the name

Utah needs to give New Orleans the Jazz name back and start again with a name of their own. They're famous for mountains and mountain biking ... lots of X-games sport so they could do a lot better than "Jazz" for a state that has no relationship to jazz.

DrDEADalready
03-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Even though the name doesn't fit here. I've always known them as the Jazz. So they shouldn't move nor change their name.

Hellcrooner
03-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Utah needs to give New Orleans the Jazz name back and start again with a name of their own. They're famous for mountains and mountain biking ... lots of X-games sport so they could do a lot better than "Jazz" for a state that has no relationship to jazz.riz

I think Jazz name deserves to be there forever, its become a traditional.

anyway if it was to be changed i think the best option would be a four team name trade.

The Utah Grizzlies the New Orleans Jazz and the Charlotte Hornets and the Memphis Bobcats (or new Name).

ink
03-13-2009, 01:10 PM
riz

I think Jazz name deserves to be there forever, its become a traditional.

anyway if it was to be changed i think the best option would be a four team name trade.

The Utah Grizzlies the New Orleans Jazz and the Charlotte Hornets and the Memphis Bobcats (or new Name).

Ha. Not a bad idea. I like the 4 team trade idea. Charlotte and NO get their names back and Utah gets a team name that actually belongs in the state.

superkegger
03-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Celtics
Lakers
Bulls
Knicks
Sixers
Pistons
Cavs
Spurs
Blazers
Suns
Rockets
Pacers

To me, these are the core of the leauge. Rich history, established, just very ingraned in the NBA. While I don't like to see teams move or contract, I'd rather it be any of the other teams before these. These teams should never move or be contracted.

More shats!
03-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Where are the Raptors in people list? They are the only international team in the LG and play in the 4th biggest media market in north america in front of over 18,000 fans every night.I am not beign a homer but if i am the NBA i dont want to lose my only team outside of the US, so that shoud make the Raptors one of the most fundamental franchises for the NBA.

Lakers
Pistons
Knicks
Spurs
Bulls
Raptors
Sixers
Rokets

superkegger
03-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Where are the Raptors in people list? They are the only international team in the LG and play in the 4th biggest media market in north america in front of over 18,000 fans every night.I am not beign a homer but if i am the NBA i dont want to lose my only team outside of the US, so that shoud make the Raptors one of the most fundamental franchises for the NBA.

Lakers
Pistons
Knicks
Spurs
Bulls
Raptors
Sixers
Rokets

I can kinda understand what you're saying. I guess I just took it from a point of what teams are classic and have that history. If you look at your list, the Raptors don't really fit in that context, at all.

Hellcrooner
03-13-2009, 05:20 PM
raptors are to onew, wouldnt really miss them.

pd7631
03-13-2009, 05:38 PM

Lakers
Pistons
Knicks
Spurs
Bulls
Raptors
Sixers
Rokets

The Raptors would really only be missed by people who gain money off of them or their fans. I would definitely not be upset if they were moved.