PDA

View Full Version : Are they that good? Or is it BS calls?

KnicksWin
03-13-2009, 01:28 AM
In the 4th quarter LBJ CLEARLY fouled Richarson when he went for a 360 slam and he did not get called for the foul.

I had the benefit of seeing it time and time again in slow mo so I know it was clearly a foul.

I know reputations get calls all the time. My question is simple.

Is the NBA using BS calls/refs to pamper LBJ and other "marketable" people/teams?

Or

Are people like LBJ just that good that they know how to draw contact and foul with out getting called for it 95% of the time?

abe_froman
03-13-2009, 01:30 AM
the first one(part of "jordan effect")

jetsfan28
03-13-2009, 01:31 AM
In the 4th quarter LBJ CLEARLY fouled Richarson when he went for a 360 slam and he did not get called for the foul.

I had the benefit of seeing it time and time again in slow mo so I know it was clearly a foul.

Is the NBA using BS calls/refs to pamper LBJ and other "marketable" people/teams?

Or

Are people like LBJ just that good that they know how to draw contact and foul with out getting called for it 95% of the time?

It was a 360, meaning his hands were spinning extremely quickly, and live it looked like he may have gotten all ball, when you make a stupid play like that where it's so tough to tell you're not going to get the call, it's that simple.

Anyway, to answer your question, no, they're not. The problem is stupid, selfish people like Richardson that are making bad teams lose, not refs making good teams win.

GoatMilk
03-13-2009, 01:32 AM
sure they get some luck, but that doesnt account for everything
they are a great team

braveniler58
03-13-2009, 01:33 AM
Yeah, it was mind-boggling how there was no call. Definitely clearly a foul. Well, it's LeBron, what did we expect? :rolleyes:

Duncan = Donkey
03-13-2009, 01:33 AM
yeh it was definetley a foul, but j-rich being the dumb *** he is has to showoff and trys to do a spinning 180 dunk, when all he has to di is a simple dunk.

but yeah most refs in the lague wanna suck lebron off i think

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-13-2009, 01:37 AM
It was a 360, meaning his hands were spinning extremely quickly, and live it looked like he may have gotten all ball, when you make a stupid play like that where it's so tough to tell you're not going to get the call, it's that simple.

Anyway, to answer your question, no, they're not. The problem is stupid, selfish people like Richardson that are making bad teams lose, not refs making good teams win.

Exactly.:clap:

Duncan = Donkey
03-13-2009, 01:39 AM
u have to respect the king??? *** off. he clearly fouled j rich so it shoulve been called regarless if it was a dumb play or not.

cmstophe
03-13-2009, 01:41 AM
Yeah, it was mind-boggling how there was no call. Definitely clearly a foul. Well, it's LeBron, what did we expect? :rolleyes:

Like the commentator said, J Rich is a moron and don't deserve the dunk anyways tryin to be fancy with LBJ hot on your heels

It was a foul though...not that anybody cares, I think the cavs won by a lot more than 2

KnicksWin
03-13-2009, 01:43 AM
U have to respect the King. If that was Barrack Obama who blocked j-rich, i wouldn't of called a foul either cuz you obviously have to respect greatness

I get your point, but it shouldn't be so obvious that the refs check the name on the back of the jersey before they blow the whistle. I get that rookies (Everyone except for LBJ) shouldn't get veteran calls, but if you are talking about two vets, call the game.

This is not the playoffs, and I don't really care about either team, I just hate seeing unfair calls. I don't care who you are, a foul is a foul, a travel is a travel. I'm still pissed about that "crab dribble" crap! :mad:

majestic
03-13-2009, 01:44 AM
the nba is clearly fixed for the superstars and the bigger markets to succeed. its all about tv ratins.. stern will fix anything he doesnt like.. ! just look at boston before they got allen and kg.. stern believed he needed boston to be good again for ratings.. stern has been behind all the fixing i believe.. probably even the donaghey situation.

cmstophe
03-13-2009, 01:46 AM
the nba is clearly fixed for the superstars and the bigger markets to succeed. its all about tv ratins.. stern will fix anything he doesnt like.. ! just look at boston before they got allen and kg.. stern believed he needed boston to be good again for ratings.. stern has been behind all the fixing i believe.. probably even the donaghey situation.

yeah man that big market of cleveland, it'll getcha every time...the nba def wants lebron to stay in cleveland amirite

majestic
03-13-2009, 01:52 AM
i said star players and big markets.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-13-2009, 01:52 AM
yeah man that big market of cleveland, it'll getcha every time...the nba def wants lebron to stay in cleveland amirite

Haha I would help you, but you always hold your own man.:cheers:

But you are right, and its funny when people try blaming one single call on the whole outcome of the game. And then they say the NBA is fixed towards superstars, when Cleveland is a small market team. And the Suns have big names in, Shaq, Amare, Nash, J-Rich..So I helped you a little haha.

majestic
03-13-2009, 02:00 AM
Haha I would help you, but you always hold your own man.:cheers:

But you are right, and its funny when people try blaming one single call on the whole outcome of the game. And then they say the NBA is fixed towards superstars, when Cleveland is a small market team. And the Suns have big names in, Shaq, Amare, Nash, J-Rich..So I helped you a little haha.

you didnt really help him at all you just help make my case. lebron is bigger name than all of those players you named and amari isnt even playing at this time.. i never said cleveland was a big market i stated the nba is fixed for star players AND BIG MARKETS to succeed. lebron is clearly the bigger :star: than any of those players you named. My key example of knowing that the NBA is fixed is dwayne wade.. that guy flops and get any call he wants and he won a title because of STERN pretty much.. Im telling you stern is telling these refs to call fouls 1 sided. You guys are fools if u dont think its fixed alittle bit for TV ratings.

superkegger
Well, on the replay it was clear lebron fouled him, in real time, it was hard to tell. I'm somewhat glad they didn't call it, because that was just a stupid play by jrich.

More-Than-Most
after James and his coach started acting like girls and complaining every other play that's when the suns started to get burned with bad calls. There were several bad calls that went Cleveland way in that final quarter.

Teeboy1487
03-13-2009, 02:05 AM
It was a dumb play by j-rich. I would not have called a foul either. J-rich did not deserve the benefit of a foul call for such a dumb play.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-13-2009, 02:06 AM
you didnt really help him at all you just help make my case. lebron is bigger name than all of those players you named and amari isnt even playing at this time.. i never said cleveland was a big market i stated the nba is fixed for star players AND BIG MARKETS to succeed. lebron is clearly the bigger :star: than any of those players you named. My key example of knowing that the NBA is fixed is dwayne wade.. that guy flops and get any call he wants and he won a title because of STERN pretty much.. Im telling you stern is telling these refs to call fouls 1 sides. You guys are fools if u dont think its fixed alittle bit for TV ratings.

Well I was saying that usually 4 is greater then 1. So I think if the league had a choice in who is more successful I believe they would rather have a guy like Shaq, who is loved by many, a guy like Nash who is loved by many, and a guy like Amare who is extremely entertaining to watch.

Shaq in the finals again?? Who wouldn't like to see the big fella regain dominance at the center position by helping his team get to the finals?

Amare would make it very fun to watch, and Nash would just put it over the top. The Suns have always been a exciting team to watch, they make fans through offensive excitement. The reason they don't win is not because of the league, but because they play bad defense.

Amare+Shaq+Nash+J-Rich>Just Lebron.

And again the Suns are a larger Market then Cleveland. So where are you going with this?

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-13-2009, 02:10 AM
It was a dumb play by j-rich. I would not have called a foul either. J-rich did not deserve the benefit of a foul call for such a dumb play.

Exactly, and Cleveland wasn't getting "every" call on the offensive end there were a few that could have been fouls. Its just how the game of basketball works when you put 3 human beings in there to judge a fast pace game.

CaptainCool79
03-13-2009, 02:23 AM
The replay i saw was all ball first. You guys have to remember that if you get the ball first, contact on the hands isn't a foul.

Duncan = Donkey
03-13-2009, 02:40 AM
the fact is, it was a clearly a foul. the foul shouldve been called regardless of what j rich did. saying it should not have been called a foul becasue j rich tried to do a 360 dunk is laughable.

im not saying this play lost the suns the game but it went along way in making sure they lost it, this play ended up being a 5pt turnaround. instead of j rich being at the line for free throws, cleveland end up going down the court and hitting a 3.

downsos
03-13-2009, 02:44 AM

Or

The 1st part.

junion
03-13-2009, 02:46 AM
Like the commentator said, J Rich is a moron and don't deserve the dunk anyways tryin to be fancy with LBJ hot on your heels

It was a foul though...not that anybody cares, I think the cavs won by a lot more than 2

yes, it was a bonehead play by jrich, but it was a foul. and but a team's strategy is different when they're up by 1 than when they're down by 3-4.

and yes i think cleveland is really that good and yes the refs are also that bad. king or jester, a foul is a foul.

soundjunkies2
03-13-2009, 03:46 AM
okay suns fan, u tell me this. If j-rich just went to lay it up, or even just do a regular dunk, would he of scored?? Even if the king went up and tried to block rich, he would of fouled rich and he would of gotten an And 1... And yes donkey, you have to respect the king cuz well... you're a suns fan. Clearly you are bitter and still fuming over the loss but hey, like i said, if obama goes up and makes the play lebron did, the refs aren't going to call the foul... cuz YOU HAVE TO RESPECT THE KING lol :clap::clap::p

respect the king? are you that brainwashed?

braveniler58
03-13-2009, 04:21 AM
okay suns fan, u tell me this. If j-rich just went to lay it up, or even just do a regular dunk, would he of scored?? Even if the king went up and tried to block rich, he would of fouled rich and he would of gotten an And 1... And yes donkey, you have to respect the king cuz well... you're a suns fan. Clearly you are bitter and still fuming over the loss but hey, like i said, if obama goes up and makes the play lebron did, the refs aren't going to call the foul... cuz YOU HAVE TO RESPECT THE KING lol :clap::clap::p

Yeah, he would have. In case you didn't notice, J-Rich slowed down to set and spin, that takes time, enough to give LeBron time to get there. If he just went for the layup/dunk, it would have been a goaltending/three-point play.

Hellcrooner
03-13-2009, 04:44 AM
They are that good and BS calls makes them look EVEN MORE good.

majestic
03-13-2009, 04:47 AM
Well I was saying that usually 4 is greater then 1. So I think if the league had a choice in who is more successful I believe they would rather have a guy like Shaq, who is loved by many, a guy like Nash who is loved by many, and a guy like Amare who is extremely entertaining to watch.

Shaq in the finals again?? Who wouldn't like to see the big fella regain dominance at the center position by helping his team get to the finals?

Amare would make it very fun to watch, and Nash would just put it over the top. The Suns have always been a exciting team to watch, they make fans through offensive excitement. The reason they don't win is not because of the league, but because they play bad defense.

Amare+Shaq+Nash+J-Rich>Just Lebron.

And again the Suns are a larger Market then Cleveland. So where are you going with this?
im going with the nba is fixed with foul calling. stern wants tv rating in the playoff and finals. people will watch lebron james.. shaq and nash both washed up.. shaq got his 3 rings.. which mightve been fixed with the doneghey situation.. 2002 game vs the kings.. but anyways its obvious you're all brainwashed!

Duncan = Donkey
03-13-2009, 04:48 AM

dude you are a nob, im not bitter about the loss because ive already accepted that the suns wont make the playoffs. yer if j rich just layed it in or diunked it normally of course he wouldve scored, but the fact is he didnt he tried to do a showman dunk BUT HE STILL GOT FOULED.

i have to respect the king cause im a suns fan??
do you actually think when you type?? that doesnt make any sense what so ever.

majestic
03-13-2009, 04:48 AM
yes obviously teams can over the come the fix but its rare and quite hard todo when 1 team shoots 20 more free throws then one, free throws can easily decide the outcome of games. star players which get tv ratings.. will get any call they want because stern wants them in the playoffs.. lebron > the whole suns team. you're a joke if u dont believe that

juggla53
03-13-2009, 05:09 AM
Yeah, he would have. In case you didn't notice, J-Rich slowed down to set and spin, that takes time, enough to give LeBron time to get there. If he just went for the layup/dunk, it would have been a goaltending/three-point play.

Well thats why j-rich is a moron and the suns suck.

juggla53
03-13-2009, 05:15 AM
yes obviously teams can over the come the fix but its rare and quite hard todo when 1 team shoots 20 more free throws then one, free throws can easily decide the outcome of games. star players which get tv ratings.. will get any call they want because stern wants them in the playoffs.. lebron > the whole suns team. you're a joke if u dont believe that

You kind of sound like dwight from the office with all your conspiracy stuff.

Duncan = Donkey
03-13-2009, 05:30 AM
Well thats why j-rich is a moron and the suns suck.
dude how old are you?? grow up.

GspLAL
03-13-2009, 05:54 AM
you didnt really help him at all you just help make my case. lebron is bigger name than all of those players you named and amari isnt even playing at this time.. i never said cleveland was a big market i stated the nba is fixed for star players AND BIG MARKETS to succeed. lebron is clearly the bigger :star: than any of those players you named. My key example of knowing that the NBA is fixed is dwayne wade.. that guy flops and get any call he wants and he won a title because of STERN pretty much.. Im telling you stern is telling these refs to call fouls 1 sided. You guys are fools if u dont think its fixed alittle bit for TV ratings.

I know exactly what you're saying. It's not a coincidence that Lakers and Celtics met in the finals last year. The past few years the NBA was getting no ratings because of matchups like Spurs vs Detroit or Cavs because no one wanted to see those boring teams. They saw that the Lakers had potential to be a great team and hooked them up with Gasol and hooked up the Celtics with their 2 stars they needed. People always wanna see rivals go at it and what 2 organizations have the biggest rivalry? Lakers/Celtics. After all it's a business and if theyre not satisfied with the money they're making, they'll do anything to fix it, and what a surprise Lakers and Celtics met while the economy was worsening.

bbcmillionaire
03-13-2009, 06:50 AM
haha yeah despite the excellent game going on, it seems the refs were a little biased to wade and him not fouling bull players. ow well, at least he's from chicago :)

BTownTeamsRKing
03-13-2009, 07:36 AM
You kind of sound like dwight from the office with all your conspiracy stuff.

haha nice reference, but he is right. i actually think the refs are intimidated by lbj

FarOutIos
03-13-2009, 07:49 AM
1) If it's a foul, it should be called a foul... no matter how stupid the play was.

2) If you get one or more unfair calls, it can affect the game in many ways. You start gambling more to catch up... maybe shoot threes more. So a couple bad calls can lead to more than a four point change in the final score.

3) I'm all-in on this whole conspiracy theory. ESPECIALLY now. The economy is not great, and it is affecting all business. Even the NBA. The star players and big market teams get the most fans excited. Thus, the NBA benefits from the success of both of these groups. ANY business that stands to make more money from something will clearly promote it's success. Is it a coincidence that the Lakers-Celtics have had recent success? You can't blame the NBA from a business standpoint... How much more money does a Lakers/Celtics finals produce for the NBA than a Memphis/Milwaukee finals...?

BTownTeamsRKing
03-13-2009, 07:55 AM
1) If it's a foul, it should be called a foul... no matter how stupid the play was.

2) If you get one or more unfair calls, it can affect the game in many ways. You start gambling more to catch up... maybe shoot threes more. So a couple bad calls can lead to more than a four point change in the final score.

3) I'm all-in on this whole conspiracy theory. ESPECIALLY now. The economy is not great, and it is affecting all business. Even the NBA. The star players and big market teams get the most fans excited. Thus, the NBA benefits from the success of both of these groups. ANY business that stands to make more money from something will clearly promote it's success. Is it a coincidence that the Lakers-Celtics have had recent success? You can't blame the NBA from a business standpoint... How much more money does a Lakers/Celtics finals produce for the NBA than a Memphis/Milwaukee finals...?

as much as the conspiracy theories seem credible, look at the acquisitions of both teams.

Celtics traded 7 players including Al Jefferson for KG
also traded 5th overall pick, szcerbiak, and west for Ray Allen.
i dk how thats staged.

now the gasol trade, as much as u want to think its a conspriacy, its NOT. the memphis GM is actually that ********. how do i know? HE USED TO BE THE CELTICS GM WHEN WE SUCKED! he made the worst trades.

he traded Joe Johnson and a 1st round pick for Tony Delk and Rodney Rodgers. the worst deal that no one talks about. i was really young, but im pretty sure he traded away Billupts from Boston as well.

Super.
03-13-2009, 08:54 AM
whether it was a foul or not, whether it was a dumb idea to take a dunk like that or not, the "SuperStar Effect" is rediculous. every player should be treated the same, there shouldnt be any effect on calls due the playing ability of the person

its just so stupid...

handbanana55
03-13-2009, 09:24 AM

I Agree 100%:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Rhino
03-13-2009, 09:38 AM
This is why the NBA is a joke in my opinion. The rules should pertain to everyone whether your a superstar or bench player. Lebron clearly fouled him and what cracked me up even more was Lebron's interview at the end of the game where he goes out of his way to say he didn't foul him. I'm sorry I can't take the NBA seriously as a sport until they fix the problems with the refs and the special treatment.

JJ81
03-13-2009, 11:10 AM
you got a video?

Hellcrooner
03-13-2009, 11:25 AM
traveling is a joke in Nba, and the worst thin is when Team Usa plays, refs dont have enoug eggs to call them.

DJ CHACH
03-13-2009, 12:14 PM
this is my cospiracy theory exactly..the teams that do well are the teams with either a star, or the most international teams...the spurs are good but how do u guard ginolbili, parker, duncan and all thoes queers who fall down every time...the lakers are also very foreign and kobe get some benfit calls..i have never seen anything like the lebron calls .. they dont call travels on him, they let him take 3 steps to wind up for a huge dunk, then they never call a foul on him, he can carry the ball, travel, punch someone in the face, and then dunk it and i guarantee its an AND 1..the KNICKS GET NO CALLS.. wanna know why? the nba officiating league headquarters is in NY so they go to every game at MSG to make sure there are no home court advantage calls. therefore the refs ccall everything against the knicks to make sure that they still have a job by the end of the night...then wen the knicks go on the road, they still get no benefit of the doubt calls bc of home court advantage. When dwade went crazy on knicks, there were 2 plays where dwade completly charged into jeffries when jeffries was CLEARLY SET ALREADY, but bc of the momentum of the building they call it a blocking foul.. and then next posedssion dwade carried the ball thru 2 knick defenders and then dribbled again, went up for a dunk, and stuck his hand out into lee who wasnt even challenging him, and they called a foul on lee..then nate drives and gets fouled and no call bc the momentum of the crowd was going, so the refs gave everything to miami to solidify dwade and the heat as playoff excitement potential...the league hates on the knicks all the time..now that the knicks are trying to get under the cap for LEBRON, NOW THEY WANNA LOWER THE SALARY CAP, JUST TO PISS US OFF..its gay

ottograham14
03-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Fans sometimes are just ridiculous. First off it was a foul on Lebron anyone can see that, but hey instead of moving on and dealing with the loss lets all B**ch about it even though it is going to do nothing. I understand you want to get stuff off of your chest, but come on people this is a every other day forum being posted on how bad the refs are in the NBA.

If you don't like the way the calls are going, guess what.........stop watching the NBA. No one forces you people to watch games. Go watch NCAA or WNBA maybe those will be better for you people that don't like the way NBA games are called.

Also, they didn't call that foul last night because it happened so quickly and if you look every Ref was at a bad angle to see him getting hit on the wrist that no call was made.

Tell J-Rich to go up for a regular dunk instead of being.........well J-Rich and this forum would have never been made.

juggla53
03-13-2009, 01:07 PM
dude how old are you?? grow up.

Whats age have to do with stating fact? j-rich could've had an easy two but decided to pull up and go for a highlight dunk which got rejected therefore hes a moron. The suns are 5 games out of 8th place so there for they arent any good (or they suck, whichever you prefer). What part of that can you dissagree with?

majestic
03-13-2009, 01:09 PM
im glad im not the only one who see's whats really going on here..

i mean is it a coincidence that the 06-07 finals were the worst rated finals in nba history than the next season boston vs lakers happens?... Both of those teams got hooked up.. you can all say what u want on how the trades were fair but really if you look at the gm's from the teams they traded the players to the lakers/celtics.. they both had connections with the teams they traded to. kevin mchale the gm of the twolves.. and if im not mistakes west was or still is the gm of the grizzlies.. put 2 and 2 together..
i predicted a laker/celtics final before that season even started and pau gasol trade at the deadline made sure that i was gonna be right ~~

-ignore grammar and spelling my points are valid !

nba = joke.

majestic
03-13-2009, 01:12 PM
I also watch very little NBA now and it if it wasnt for my love to the bulls i wouldnt watch it at all.. Im actually a little mad at myself for watching bulls game. Im not gonna go into the 90's on wether that was fixed or not because i was to young and didnt really pay attention like i do now.

GspLAL
03-13-2009, 01:59 PM
as much as the conspiracy theories seem credible, look at the acquisitions of both teams.

Celtics traded 7 players including Al Jefferson for KG
also traded 5th overall pick, szcerbiak, and west for Ray Allen.
i dk how thats staged.

now the gasol trade, as much as u want to think its a conspriacy, its NOT. the memphis GM is actually that ********. how do i know? HE USED TO BE THE CELTICS GM WHEN WE SUCKED! he made the worst trades.

he traded Joe Johnson and a 1st round pick for Tony Delk and Rodney Rodgers. the worst deal that no one talks about. i was really young, but im pretty sure he traded away Billupts from Boston as well.

You don't become a multi-millionaire by being a complete ******, bad decisions are made by every organization, but the Pau Gasol trade was too obvious. When Celtics traded Joe Johnson wasn't he a rookie and undeveloped player? You can't always predict who will be good. The difference between the Memphis trade was Pau Gasol was in his prime and proven to be a very good player and they traded him for a rookie and I think Crittenton was a second year player.

About the KG and Ray Allen deal, my theory is that the NBA organization asks teams they wanna bring up what pieces will they need to put them over the top. The only sport that probably is not setup or setup AS MUCH is football because they always have the most ratings because of their playoff system (one loss = out) and that adds suspense so people wanna watch it.

pete_one
03-13-2009, 02:07 PM
it was clearly a foul on a play, but it deserved a no-call since j-rich was dumb enough to go up for the 360 like it was allstar weekend instead of dunking it.