PDA

View Full Version : How much would change things for Suns or Mavs

Hellcrooner
03-12-2009, 04:03 PM
If they had the luck chicago had this year and whoever of them ends 9th in the west has a lucky strike and lands the firs of second pick?

Imagine either suns or mavs are able to add griffin or rubio.

Do they becoem contenders again straight up?

superkegger
03-12-2009, 04:12 PM
No. It would greatly change the direction of the team, but landing the #1 pick wouldn't make either instant top title contenders. If either did, I think you'd see a major shakeup in their personnel as well.

Vinny642
03-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Getting 1st or second with the 9th in the West would be crazy lucky but they would need more then one player to become a title contender.

Suns- aging PG and old Center, almost time to start the rebuilding process.

Mavericks- old PG, not as effective as they hoped he'd be, other then Terry, to me Dallas' bench is pretty weak. They are almost in the postition to start rebuilding also.

superkegger
03-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Getting 1st or second with the 9th in the West would be crazy lucky but they would need more then one player to become a title contender.

Suns- aging PG and old Center, almost time to start the rebuilding process.

Mavericks- old PG, not as effective as they hoped he'd be, other then Terry, to me Dallas' bench is pretty weak. They are almost in the postition to start rebuilding also.

And if either got the first pick, you can bet they'd take Blake Griffin, not ****ing BJ Mullens. If either team were to steal the top pick like that, especially Phoenix, they'd jettison Amare pretty quickly, and shaq if they could, and they'd try to rebuild around blake by making moves to surround him with the talent to succeed in the short run and over the course of the next decade. Of course steve kerr would probably **** it up badly.

Hellcrooner
03-12-2009, 04:34 PM
yeah i meant Griffin!

Vinny642
03-12-2009, 04:36 PM
And if either got the first pick, you can bet they'd take Blake Griffin, not ****ing BJ Mullens. If either team were to steal the top pick like that, especially Phoenix, they'd jettison Amare pretty quickly, and shaq if they could, and they'd try to rebuild around blake by making moves to surround him with the talent to succeed in the short run and over the course of the next decade. Of course steve kerr would probably **** it up badly.

Yea I see Griffin being the first pick if either of these teams had the 1st pick.
Quick question, how many points should a person average off the bench(a PG), to get into the NBA.

I think he'll start next year but he averages around 10-11 I think.

superkegger
03-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Yea I see Griffin being the first pick if either of these teams had the 1st pick.
Quick question, how many points should a person average off the bench(a PG), to get into the NBA.

I think he'll start next year but he averages around 10-11 I think.

Griffin is a stud. He's the #1 regardless of who gets it. He'll most likely start and he'll average around 16-8 his first season. Kid's a stud.

Hellcrooner
03-12-2009, 04:48 PM
^im not so sure, if wolves get the first pick they have Love and Jeffersson, no need for him

unwantedplayer
03-12-2009, 04:49 PM
It wouldn't really change much because this year's draft is terrible.

Vinny642
03-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Griffin is a stud. He's the #1 regardless of who gets it. He'll most likely start and he'll average around 16-8 his first season. Kid's a stud.

LOL im not talking about him...

Say a guy averages 11PPG of the bench as a freshman, if he starts next year, how many points should he get to make the NBA?

superkegger
03-12-2009, 04:51 PM
^im not so sure, if wolves get the first pick they have Love and Jeffersson, no need for him

don't think it matters. Rubio or Jennings may become studs, but Blake is a sure thing, he's without a doub the #1 pick.

Take him and trade him if you want, or move love. Blake is as close to a sure thing as there is in this draft and you don't pass on him.

superkegger
03-12-2009, 04:53 PM
LOL im not talking about him...

Say a guy averages 11PPG of the bench as a freshman, if he starts next year, how many points should he get to make the NBA?

oh.

well, its not necessarily about how many points they score. But I guess if he's scoring 11 off the bench as a freshmen, he's probably somewhat of a scorer and getting playing time, so you'd probably like to see a 4-5 point increase.

Vinny642
03-12-2009, 04:54 PM
oh.

well, its not necessarily about how many points they score. But I guess if he's scoring 11 off the bench as a freshmen, he's probably somewhat of a scorer and getting playing time, so you'd probably like to see a 4-5 point increase.

This is about Corey Fisher from Villanova, he went to High School close to the one im at, so im following his career.

hockeypro68
03-12-2009, 04:55 PM
I've been hearing Rubio might wait another year before entering the draft?

superkegger
03-12-2009, 04:56 PM
This is about Corey Fisher from Villanova, he went to High School close to the one im at, so im following his career.

Cool. Post it in the College basketball forum. I'm not all that knowledgeable about all of college sports, just about the teams I follow. You'll get more/better feedback in there about him.

Hellcrooner
03-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Rubio will wait one more year ONLY if he is not going to be drafted 1st or second, because he needs the money to pay his buy out, with a 3 or 4 pick he would basically ahve to play for free his first contract to pay his buy out.

thesparky33
03-12-2009, 05:27 PM
If I were the Wolves, I'd want Rubio over Griffin, but if I had the #1 pick, I'd probably pick Griffin, and trade him to the team that has the #2 pick, and try to get a future 1st rounder as well.

Hellcrooner
03-12-2009, 05:35 PM
^problem is, can foye play the two?

thesparky33
03-12-2009, 05:56 PM
^problem is, can foye play the two?

He's been averaging over 18 ppg since being moved to SG. He's a natural SG, and he struggled playing point.

So yes, he can play the 2 :).

Hellcrooner
03-12-2009, 06:13 PM
then i add Wolves to my Rubio desired teams list ( Kings, Knicks) where he would start right form the begining.

Nirvanaskurdt
03-12-2009, 06:45 PM
if the suns get a top pick... hmmm... they would trade it for money... :mad:

theimortalone
03-12-2009, 07:07 PM
if the suns get a top pick... hmmm... they would trade it for money... :mad:

:laugh: How true that probably is! I hate our ****ing owner! He is a cheap piece of ****! :pity: