PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Rubio Interview

oldenpolynice
03-12-2009, 02:49 PM
This kid is really mature for an 18-year-old. Gives well-thought-out answers and doesn't jump to any conclusions about his future in basketball. Reminds me of a cooler version of JD McCoy from the show Friday Night Lights...

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2009/03/12/ricky-rubio-interview/

superkegger
03-12-2009, 03:16 PM
I wish he would just come to the NBA already. Tired of hearing all the hype about this kid. He sounds nice and everything, I'm just tired of hearing how he's the next Pistol Pete and stuff.

Hellcrooner
03-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Pistol Pete.....american media does not have an clue....
How in hell is he supposed to be Pistol Pete when Maravich was one of the best Shooters Ever and Ricky Rubio is Noticiable bad at his Jumper, How in hell can he be Maravich when he was a hell of an scorer and Rubio is a Pass first, Pass Second, Pass third, shoot Point guard.

Maravich was very Flashy, rubio is very Sober in his decisions.

Maravich had NO D, Rubio is a Beast at reading Passing lines to go for the steal and a great Rebounder.

If people is waiting for him to be a Maravich, or a thomas or a ChRis paul, in terms of scoring 25 a game then people is up for a big dissapointment.

what he can provide is Jason Kidd type of game, Solid D, Good rebounging for a Pg a lot of assists and some scoring. and a lot of triple doubles

Something like 15 ppg 12 apg 5 rpg and 2 steals in his prime.

Hellcrooner
03-12-2009, 04:00 PM
And for gods sake let him be drafted by the Sacramento Kings or New York Knicks.

I dont like the idea of him having to deal with Baron Davis in the Clips, Russel Westbrook (who isnt better but has the advantage of arriving first) in the thunder, Rose in Chicago, Calderon in Toronto Ellis in GS (even though ellis could be moved to the two spot or Foye in Minnessota) . or Washington with Arenas.

29$JerZ
03-12-2009, 04:02 PM
And for gods sake let him be drafted by the Sacramento Kings or New York Knicks.

I dont like the idea of him having to deal with Baron Davis in the Clips, Russel Westbrook (who isnt better but has the advantage of arriving first) in the thunder, Rose in Chicago, Calderon in Toronto Ellis in GS (even though ellis could be moved to the two spot or Foye in Minnessota) . or Washington with Arenas.

You'll make a lot of friends by continually saying that :laugh:

dgreat5000
03-12-2009, 04:03 PM
imo rubio will be a great player, hes already a great passer and ok rebounder. he's ahead of everyone his age b/c people in the states our all about scoring. his shot will come eventually and his understanding of the game can only improve.

KeithLBC
03-12-2009, 11:34 PM
this guy's so completely overrated for never having played in the NBA :crazy:

jehovah joe
03-13-2009, 12:03 AM
the warriors need to do whatever it takes to get this kid.

oldenpolynice
03-13-2009, 02:10 AM

For selfish reasons, I say Kings. But if Sactown can't get him, I think NY is the best possible place. He'll kill in D'Antoni's system.

Same goes for Blake Griffin. I want the Kings to get him, but if they can't, he'd be a perfect fit in OKC.

$KnicksAndKobe$
03-13-2009, 02:14 AM
For selfish reasons, I say Kings. But if Sactown can't get him, I think NY is the best possible place. He'll kill in D'Antoni's system.

Same goes for Blake Griffin. I want the Kings to get him, but if they can't, he'd be a perfect fit in OKC.

there getting Thabeet, no matter what ...

FOBolous
03-13-2009, 02:34 AM

well it's hard not "overrating" him when he's been playing in the world's 2nd best professional basketball league since he was like...what? 15?

Becks2307
03-13-2009, 03:56 AM
man..i'd cry if ny drafted ricky

Hellcrooner
03-13-2009, 04:02 AM
mmmm And Lebron was so overated for a guy who hade never played in the nba, and Duncan, and Ming, and Durant and Bj Mullens.....

No one has played on the nba or against nba level competition prior to draft day , so what you mean?

O wait, i forgot ricky has ALREADY played against PAUL , DEROn and KIDD, arguably the best three NBA pg , TWICE!!!! and was able to hold his own against them !!! and didnt allow them to have an scoring spree ;)

JJ81
03-13-2009, 11:12 AM
come to LA, rubio :clap:

Hellcrooner
03-13-2009, 11:17 AM
^That i definetly Cant SEE, we are not getting a top 2 pick, no ones is trading a Top 2 pick for Odom and We are not Trading Bynum for a Top 2 pick, and ricky is not droping to the second round so we are not restricted by Draft salary so he can pay his buy out....

Sadly :(

NoSense
03-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Rubio is a very good player but he'll end up in a team where he won't see much action and be treated like a "bust"...Sad, jk, I have no idea what his future will be, hopefully it'll be a good one in the NBA :D

EX-TREME
03-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Rubio is a very good player but he'll end up in a team where he won't see much action and be treated like a "bust"...Sad, jk, I have no idea what his future will be, hopefully it'll be a good one in the NBA :D

really?

jrodmesche
03-13-2009, 09:45 PM
i dont like him hes gonna be a bust (hes probly not but im just saying he iz cuz i dont like him lol)

jrodmesche
03-13-2009, 09:47 PM
man..i'd cry if ny drafted ricky

your sig makes me hate the kid even more lol