PDA

View Full Version : Kobe & Ron Artest talk a lot of trash

oldenpolynice
03-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Never seen a trash talk battle quite like this one (from the 4th quarter of last night's Lakers-Rockets game). Kobe gets the last laugh (funny how that always happens).

I really hope these two teams meet again in the playoffs. Can you imagine a whole series like this?

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2009/03/12/kobe-bryant-ron-artest-talk-trash/

cubulls
03-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Great job by the refs. :rolleyes:

NFLNBA
03-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Kobe is the 1 guy you dont want to talk crap 2, Artest should know better then that the next game they meet up Kobe is going to crush him now. Lakers were without 2 starters also missing Bynum and Odom and the game was in Houston. Rockets had a 11 point lead at half then Kobe did his thing the Rockets can blame Artest for that loss!

JJ81
03-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Kobe owned Artest.

Brooke
03-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Kobe owned him last night, you dont want to tick Kobe Bryant off

hotdogbun
03-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Kobe is the 1 guy you dont want to talk crap 2, Artest should know better then that the next game they meet up Kobe is going to crush him now. Lakers were without 2 starters also missing Bynum and Odom and the game was in Houston. Rockets had a 11 point lead at half then Kobe did his thing the Rockets can blame Artest for that loss!

not hating here but artest with battier/tmac always plays good vs kobe the last few games that they met b4 this so i guess artest trash talking to kobe is nothing big

lakerboy
03-12-2009, 02:10 PM
It was funny. After the trash talking, Artest shot his team out of the game. He is just weak mentally IMO. After the trash talking, he was just chucking and chucking while Yao and Scola shot like 90% from the FG.

It came out of hand it was so funny, while Kobe kept his cool.

BenFrank
03-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Yea, Houston just played a bad game, and it didn't help that Kobe got a lot of star call's.. I'm not gone use that as a excuse for the loss, we couldn't hit the 3 for **** that's not something that's gone happen every night, gotta give kobe his prop's he goes out and work's for his check's unlike "cough" T-Mac "cough" We're still growing with out new team and point guard's, and we're pretty damn good considering every one thought houston wasn't gone be in the playoffs

Houston should be feared next year, once we get rid of T-Mac and throw that money toward's getting some good talented player's who actually want to play, as painful as it was to see as a rocket's fan, we just got out played, and kobe wouldn't miss

DrDEADalready
03-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Seen this on sportscenter. Kobe looked so stupid when he went. like this in the video "psh..psh...blah blah(whatever he said)" then wiped his mouth and nose like he was hard bad *** mutha ****er.

lakerboy
03-12-2009, 02:33 PM
I don't think the entire Houston team played a bad game. Yao and Scola were pretty much unstoppable during first half. It's just that when LA adjusted and started to double team, Rockets offense became so stagnant.

Now,. Artest HAD A BAD GAME. I don't even understand why he even talked trash, and why he kept shooting.

dgreat5000
03-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Artest was really foolish for doin that. Kobe won't forget last night. He torched after the trash talkin and will do the same the next time they meet

DrDEADalready
03-12-2009, 02:41 PM
yeah stupid to trash talk when your getting burned on the court.

ULT WARRIOR408
03-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Artest was trying to get into kobe's head but it didn't work.:no::badidea:

superkegger
03-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Artest was pretty much the reason they lost the game. His bad D on Kobe, and his horrible shooting (11 points on 16 shots!!) pretty much cost them the game. Rick Adelman has to do a better job to rein him in and make him get the ball down low, cause they were torching the lakers inside (Their bigs were like 18-21 or something insanely good). Ron has a big ego and ain't backing down, and if he's the "leader" of that team that's trouble.

oldenpolynice
03-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Artest was trying to get into kobe's head but it didn't work.:no::badidea:

Yeah, like others have said, Kobe is one of the main guys you don't want to trash talk. Reminds me of LeBron in Toronto some years back when someone related to Chris Bosh was talking mess courtside and LeBron just torched the Raptors.

arthurlaker13
03-12-2009, 02:53 PM
:clap:the rockets played a really good game yesterday... its just we all know the lakers are a good second half team... i have to give the props to ron artest.. becuz the old artest would have threw a punch at kobe... but he stood his groound... thats got to take alot for him since he has lil patience... now he has stand there and take his punishment.. complete domination by kobe lol.. every1 should know that u piss kobe off, its full throttle! lol :D

bleedprple&gold
03-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Seen this on sportscenter. Kobe looked so stupid when he went. like this in the video "psh..psh...blah blah(whatever he said)" then wiped his mouth and nose like he was hard bad *** mutha ****er.

Stop hating...Artest said Kobe wasn't ready for him, so Kobe has to give him the "are you kidding me look" while proceeding to own him...

bleedprple&gold
03-12-2009, 03:06 PM
We're still growing with out new team and point guard's, and we're pretty damn good considering every one thought houston wasn't gone be in the playoffs

Who said that? Houston was supposed to be a title contender this year with the addition of Artest and maybe they would be if T-Mac could actually play a full season

Frezhnitz
03-12-2009, 03:09 PM
haha its part of the game.

missionh1llpart
03-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Kobe gets the last laugh (funny how that always happens).

That didn't happen in the 2008 nba finals. Just sayin.

Teeboy1487
03-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Kobe gets the last laugh (funny how that always happens).

That didn't happen in the 2008 nba finals. Just sayin. He has three titles and has a good chance to get one this year. So, Your post failed :)

fredv
03-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Even though Artest was kind of a douche, i'm pretty proud of himself.. Kobe did "hit" him like two times in the face and he didn't answer... Probably because he knows better and also knows et would have killed him :D

Ni55anpat
03-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Artest would woop his ***

Ni55anpat
03-12-2009, 03:52 PM
He has three titles and has a good chance to get one this year. So, Your post failed :)

Your post failed because shaqtastic won those 3 titles for him

:smoking:

Chronz
03-12-2009, 04:02 PM
When has making Kobe mad ever worked?

AmerTeam/KB24
03-12-2009, 04:06 PM

FYI shaq n kobe won 3, shaq n d wade won 1....shaq never won it by himself for instance on Orlando w/ penny, nick anderson, horace grant, dennis scott, b shaw he couldnt win it themn he had elite players to put him over the top....now wit phoenix not even gonna make the playoffs........
PS your post failed D*ck Head...

JabberJaw
03-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Even though Artest was kind of a douche, i'm pretty proud of himself.. Kobe did "hit" him like two times in the face and he didn't answer... Probably because he knows better and also knows et would have killed him :D

He smacked Artests hand away from his throat. He didn't hit him two times in the face. Proud of him for blowing the game for you guys? Good job Ron...lol! Yeah, I agree that Ron would destroy Kobe in a fight, but Ron was the initiator and was talkin trash. He told Kobe that "he (Kobe) wasn't ready for him"...that is when Kobe was laughing and said "shiiiiii*"....Funny how people try to spin it like Kobe was stepping to Ron. Plus, they are friends, but enemies on the court. Nothing is really going to happen. Its just the heat of competition.

fredv
03-12-2009, 04:31 PM
"When I die, I want to die a soldier. Sometimes I gotta wake up the beast. I wanted to wake up Kobe, and get his best shot.....I'm the biggest trash talker in the NBA right now. I told him all his shots were luck, and he's one of the worst players I've seen in my life" -Ron on going at it with Kobe

fredv
03-12-2009, 04:36 PM
He smacked Artests hand away from his throat. He didn't hit him two times in the face. Proud of him for blowing the game for you guys? Good job Ron...lol! Yeah, I agree that Ron would destroy Kobe in a fight, but Ron was the initiator and was talkin trash. He told Kobe that "he (Kobe) wasn't ready for him"...that is when Kobe was laughing and said "shiiiiii*"....Funny how people try to spin it like Kobe was stepping to Ron. Plus, they are friends, but enemies on the court. Nothing is really going to happen. Its just the heat of competition.

My bad, the video I saw of the "brawl" had an angle that let presume that Kobe smacked him several times in the face.

DwillKB8
03-12-2009, 04:39 PM
As a fan of the Jazz it was good to see the Rockets lose, as a fan of kobe's it was good to see him take over that game. My favorite play was when kobe lost control of the ball and artest went running for it (as if he's gonna let ron get it lol) and drained that three from way back, or the play where he got fouled but still hit the layup and seein' him stare at the whole rockets bench as he walked by.....Priceless!!! Good times, good times!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Ni55anpat
03-12-2009, 04:40 PM
FYI shaq n kobe won 3, shaq n d wade won 1....shaq never won it by himself for instance on Orlando w/ penny, nick anderson, horace grant, dennis scott, b shaw he couldnt win it themn he had elite players to put him over the top....now wit phoenix not even gonna make the playoffs........
PS your post failed D*ck Head...:dance::dance::dance:

Your talking apples to oranges. Yes shaq and kobe wont 3, key word "and". For example, last yr he has Gasol, odom and good bench to put him over the top. I dont think he came out very well?

D*ck head? Cool. we back in the yr 2000.:clap:

Wilson
03-12-2009, 04:47 PM

I don't think Kobe was trying to look bad ***. Artest talked and Kobe responded. I don't see how wiping your nose and mouth means you're trying to be a badass...:shrug:

Bucsfan
03-12-2009, 05:05 PM
well i hope nobody talks trash to artest, he is the 2nd coming of jesus and all

nd4T.O.
03-12-2009, 05:07 PM
I don't think Kobe was trying to look bad ***. Artest talked and Kobe responded. I don't see how wiping your nose and mouth means you're trying to be a badass...:shrug:

haha exactly...but that was a Jazz fan that said that so take it for what its worth haha

MVMarauder
03-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Kobe got the last laugh. Thats what counts.

DwillKB8
03-12-2009, 05:16 PM
haha exactly...but that was a Jazz fan that said that so take it for what its worth haha

Hey!! Watch it :no:, I'm a Jazz fan and loved what I saw from Kobe!!

nd4T.O.
03-12-2009, 05:21 PM
lol ok a jazz fan and a kobe hater

lakerboy
03-12-2009, 05:32 PM
A Jazz fan and a Kobe fan? Wow.

Er1c
03-12-2009, 05:49 PM

u are hella stupid

bleedprple&gold
03-12-2009, 06:00 PM

Yes Shaq won those titles...Kobe had absolutely nothing to do with it....u r blinded by your hate

BTownTeamsRKing
03-12-2009, 06:11 PM
artest always does this and eats his words because he always ends up losing. everytime he plays Boston, Pierce has world war 3 with Artest. its fun to watch.

Ni55anpat
03-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Yes Shaq won those titles...Kobe had absolutely nothing to do with it....u r blinded by your hate

Yes Kobe won those titles...Shaq had absolutely nothing to do with it...u r blinded by your hate.

Brooke
03-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Yes Kobe won those titles...Shaq had absolutely nothing to do with it...u r blinded by your hate.

they both played a part in winning those championships.

BTownTeamsRKing
03-12-2009, 06:20 PM

lol this exchange is funny

heres my take, Shaq is much tougher to replace than Kobe. u could replace Kobe with Pierce, VC, T-Mac, AI, any great scorer at the time, and the results would be likely the same.

i cant even name someone to replace Shaq.

EddieB
03-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Kobe is one of the few that plays better when he is mad

EddieB
03-12-2009, 06:27 PM
artest always does this and eats his words because he always ends up losing. everytime he plays Boston, Pierce has world war 3 with Artest. its fun to watch.

yeah right :rolleyes:, Artest owns Pierce and Lebron

Kings Faithful
03-12-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm really glad we got rid of his troublesome ***...

KnicksorBust
03-12-2009, 06:39 PM
I love trash talk in games and how it brings out the best and worst in players. In this case Kobe showed why he's one of the best on the planet and Artest showed why he's not. I encourage it though. Keep it coming. Artest keeps it interesting.

unwantedplayer
03-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Nothing wrong with a little trash talk.

G-Funk
03-12-2009, 07:28 PM
lol this exchange is funny

heres my take, Shaq is much tougher to replace than Kobe. u could replace Kobe with Pierce, VC, T-Mac, AI, any great scorer at the time, and the results would be likely the same.

i cant even name someone to replace Shaq.

U just named a list of players who play no defense, Pierce didn't play D until KG changed the Franchise...

LAKERS 24/7
03-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Kobe is one of the few that plays better when he is mad

nice sig

As a fan of the Jazz it was good to see the Rockets lose, as a fan of kobe's it was good to see him take over that game. My favorite play was when kobe lost control of the ball and artest went running for it (as if he's gonna let ron get it lol) and drained that three from way back, or the play where he got fouled but still hit the layup and seein' him stare at the whole rockets bench as he walked by.....Priceless!!! Good times, good times!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

thats cool a kobe fan and a jazz fan. When the lakers play the jazz, what do you want the outcome to be?

Kakaroach
03-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Dumb of Artest. He plays good D, but no1 can stop Kobe Bryant.

oldenpolynice
03-12-2009, 08:02 PM
I love trash talk in games and how it brings out the best and worst in players. In this case Kobe showed why he's one of the best on the planet and Artest showed why he's not. I encourage it though. Keep it coming. Artest keeps it interesting.

Yeah, agreed. If nothing else, he draws headlines and makes people talk about him. Kind of like a slightly less disruptive T.O.

_Sn1P3r_
03-12-2009, 08:08 PM
I think trash-talking here and there is fine. But it's too bad he made Kobe strike back and got his team the W, in Artest's part.

chicagowhitesox
03-12-2009, 08:11 PM
that wasn't really a battle. kobe absolutely owned him 2nd half. artest had no room to talk.

FOBolous
03-12-2009, 09:14 PM
as a Rockets' fan...i'm happy that Artest talked trash to Kobe and I hope he continues to do so in the future. Him talking trash to Kobe and making kobe "mad" will give us the best shot at winning because kobe will turn into a ballhog and try to do everything himself while turning his teammates into specters preventing them from finding their "groove." than when kobe have a bad game (yes...kobe's still human and is bound to have a bad game once in awhile), he will keep chucking away giving us extra possessions and allowing our defense to concentrate on him without having to worry about his teammates. In a 7 game series, this could be crucial because Kobe is bound to have bad games if he has to face both Artest and Battier every night..especially later in the series when he gets tired.

the only thing I want Artest to watch out for is to not to get under his own skin and try to do everything himself. Yes he's a good player and an extremely good defender but Yao and Scola are much more efficient offensive players. What he needs to do is get under Kobe's skin, turn Kobe into a ballhog, and let Yao and Scola do their thing on the offensive side.

alexander_37
03-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Dumb of Artest. He plays good D, but no1 can stop Kobe Bryant.

If I am not mistaken he held Kobe to 6 in the 1st half. It was when other people started guarding him he heated up.

Kakaroach
03-12-2009, 09:20 PM
If I am not mistaken he held Kobe to 6 in the 1st half. It was when other people started guarding him he heated up. If I am not mistaken, Ron Artest guarded him most of the second half as well.

Brooke
03-12-2009, 09:32 PM
If I am not mistaken, Ron Artest guarded him most of the second half as well.

Yep you aren't he guarded him most of the 4th when he really went off

codes238
03-12-2009, 09:51 PM
ron-ron is the most overrated player in the whole league, he's just a bigger and stronger version of larry hughes... kobe absolutely owned him last night and basically ejaculated all over his immediate and extended family!

oldenpolynice
03-13-2009, 02:05 AM
as a Rockets' fan...i'm happy that Artest talked trash to Kobe and I hope he continues to do so in the future. Him talking trash to Kobe and making kobe "mad" will give us the best shot at winning because kobe will turn into a ballhog and try to do everything himself while turning his teammates into specters preventing them from finding their "groove." than when kobe have a bad game (yes...kobe's still human and is bound to have a bad game once in awhile), he will keep chucking away giving us extra possessions and allowing our defense to concentrate on him without having to worry about his teammates. In a 7 game series, this could be crucial because Kobe is bound to have bad games if he has to face both Artest and Battier every night..especially later in the series when he gets tired.

the only thing I want Artest to watch out for is to not to get under his own skin and try to do everything himself. Yes he's a good player and an extremely good defender but Yao and Scola are much more efficient offensive players. What he needs to do is get under Kobe's skin, turn Kobe into a ballhog, and let Yao and Scola do their thing on the offensive side.

Interesting point. Getting Kobe into "selfish mode" is a good strategy for a seven-game playoff series. But getting Angry Kobe into "selfish mode" isn't quite as good. Angry Kobe finishes.

SJSHARKIES
03-13-2009, 02:21 AM
There are certain players you don't want to tick off, Kobe is definitely on the top of the list.

soundjunkies2
03-13-2009, 03:45 AM
Yeah artest is planning something. It's very possible these two teams could meet in the 2nd round, and artest getting kobe pumped up like that could lead to the lakers' downfall.. when kobe shoots too much, lakers lose.

:laugh: it was all a deliberate plan by artest to get owned by kobe and lose the game for the rockets just incase they happen to play in the playoffs?

yeah that makes sense :eyebrow:

Bill Wilson
03-13-2009, 04:13 AM
ron, why crap talk, it is needless ..... kobe is such a gent, super clean player and 2008 & 2009 mvp.

Verbal Christ
03-13-2009, 09:45 AM
^ super clean? ummm yeah, i doubt he'll be vacationing in colorado any time soon.

Verbal Christ
03-13-2009, 09:49 AM
im loving jazzhole response "as a fan of the jazz i loved watching the rockets lose" ... then when we root for anyone who plays the jazz they call us "haters" ... funny.

prash
03-13-2009, 10:03 AM
drexler's commentary during the 4th quarter was funny. He had this one line that said it.

"Now he's just gone and pissed him off" - this was after one of Kobe's 18 4th quarter points.

DrDEADalready
03-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Stop hating...Artest said Kobe wasn't ready for him, so Kobe has to give him the "are you kidding me look" while proceeding to own him...

I'm not hating. I know Kobe is better than artest. but it just looked like two little kids arguing over whos better at video games. Very childish. He looked stupid doing that. But I did laugh a little bit. lol.

Fool
03-13-2009, 10:49 AM
as before mentioned, you can't really talk crap about Kobe if you're in the NBA.

TheKing23
03-13-2009, 11:15 AM
I'm not exactly the biggest Kobe fan, but I liked the way he handled it.
Very similar to when LeBron was getting heckled by Chris Bosh's girlfriend in Toronto a couple seasons back and then went for like 24 in the 4th quarter leading the Cavs to the win.

It's what separates the good players and the great players. Kobe, LeBron, Wade etc. let their skills do the talking.

JayW_1023
03-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Kobe shouldn't really bother to say anything more...scoring 37 in Artest and battiers grill says enough.

Drtino
03-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Artest should've known better than to instigate Kobe...

He's one superstar you don't want to mess with, even if he's having a bad night.

Just like the "Assist of the night", "the block of the game" and so on... there should also be "The idiot of the night" which belongs to Artest.

I would like to see these two teams going at it during the post season...it'll be quite exciting to watch.

Verbal Christ
03-13-2009, 03:27 PM
big deal kobe got the best of ron, okay. kobe himself came out and said ron has gotten the best of him on occasion, but that he "kicked his ***" that particular night. i can respect that, i also love the 'old school' bird,mj,nique trash talk amongst good players. noone in their right mind will ever discredit ANYTHING kobe has done to this point, and ron brought out the best in him that night, how many dudes bend over for kobe? im glad ron didnt, and the matchup in april should be entertaining. laker fan has a right to be proud, the lakers have a great squad, and quite honestly anything less than a ring for you guys would be considered failure, while some teams (rockets) would be happy just getting out of the first round. see you guys in april.

Drtino
03-13-2009, 03:44 PM
big deal kobe got the best of ron, okay. kobe himself came out and said ron has gotten the best of him on occasion, but that he "kicked his ***" that particular night. i can respect that, i also love the 'old school' bird,mj,nique trash talk amongst good players. noone in their right mind will ever discredit ANYTHING kobe has done to this point, and ron brought out the best in him that night, how many dudes bend over for kobe? im glad ron didnt, and the matchup in april should be entertaining. laker fan has a right to be proud, the lakers have a great squad, and quite honestly anything less than a ring for you guys would be considered failure, while some teams (rockets) would be happy just getting out of the first round. see you guys in april.

I think you're taking a step too forward... I know what the Lakers are capable in doing, although they still need to face the second best team in the west and the two best teams in the east... I know Bryant wouldn't lose a game without a fight... but you never know how other players aside of him might react to pressure and final moments/minutes on a game.

The Lakers can take it all this time, but to understimate the Spurs and the Celtics and/or maybe the Cavs, it's just stupid... Those teams are not going into the a series matchup thinking about the term "Failure" either... that it's not a tangible idea and would be unacceptable for any of them.

Kakaroach
03-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Trash talking is a huge part of the game and is enjoyable for fans, but when you do it to Kobe, you get ****ed.

Drtino
03-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Trash talking is a huge part of the game and is enjoyable for fans, but when you do it to Kobe, you get ****ed.

Exactly...

-"You are not ready for me"

-"What:puke: I am not ready for you?" - "You're a stand up comedian now":drunk: :rimshot:... Please.

I want to see part II...:D

King Cole
03-14-2009, 12:46 AM
Well, if they don't meet in the first round you won't have to worry about a playoff series lol
Kobe was just playing with Artest. If it was a full series he would totally get in his head.