PDA

View Full Version : Interesting comparison...LA LAKERS VS. CLEVELAND

LAKERRS24
03-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Since i had a some time:) and Lakers and Cavs are both 50-13 i made an interesting comparison which is based on nba.com stats, so you can check it anytime you want. I used only playoff-seed teams because only against them those two teams could play if playoff started today. I'm laker fan and even i was little surprised about these numbers, but stats don't lie....
LOS ANGELES LAKERS

AGAINST CURRENT PLAYOFF-SEED TEAMS
GAMES: 30
WINS: 21
LOSSES: 9
%: 70,0
MARGIN WHEN WON: 10,8
MARGIN WHEN LOST: 7,3
+/-: +3,5
AVG. % OF TEAMS PLAYED AGAINST (S.O.S): 0.6371 (63,71%)

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS

AGAINST CURRENT PLAYOFF-SEED TEAMS
GAMES: 32
WINS: 21
LOSSES: 11
%: 65,6
MARGIN WHEN WON: 12,4
MARGIN WHEN LOST: 10,5
+/-: +1,9
AVG. % OF TEAMS PLAYED AGAINST (S.O.S): 0.5985 (59,85%)

BASED ON NBA.COM STATS

lakerboy
03-11-2009, 05:44 PM
If the playoffs start today, we get home court advantage against the Cavs (if we meet in the finals).,.. right?

LAKERRS24
03-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Yes

lakerboy
03-11-2009, 05:53 PM
I think we still need to play better. The West is really heating up. Jazz just won 12 straight. Hornets won 9 straight. There's the Mavs, and Blazers (and their home win streak).

LAKERRS24
03-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Yeah you're right we'll have to play more CONSISTENT and try to get some 8+ game streak even though we play most of our games left on the road... you mentioned jazz and hornets, don't worry about them, hornets can't beat us, and jazz was most powerful last year when we beat them 4-2, mavs aren't enough-caliber team to beat us, blazers are really bad for us, and thats for ages now (maybe it's just regular season cause we met last time in playoffs in 2000, but this year we could meet).

STILL WE'LL HAVE LONG ROAD TO THE FINALS.

GO LAKERS!

kingkobe
03-11-2009, 06:05 PM
I think we still need to play better. The West is really heating up. Jazz just won 12 straight. Hornets won 9 straight. There's the Mavs, and Blazers (and their home win streak).

Good thing is we only play 3 of these teams and hopefully 1 of them (1st round will be easy). Again, I say hopefully cuz Dallas isn't something to be taken lightly either but they are one of the softer teams.

cmstophe
03-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Cool. But are you trying to argue something? Look pretty similar.

S.J.Basketball
03-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Pretty similar stats. Lakers numbers are slightly better, but it doesn't prove anything.

JJ81
03-11-2009, 06:48 PM
2-0 so far.

greatest40
03-11-2009, 06:51 PM
I would love to see Kobe get knocked out of the finals by LBJ, Z, Mo Williams and the rest of the Cavs

S.J.Basketball
03-11-2009, 06:52 PM
I would love to see Kobe get knocked out of the finals by LBJ, Z, Mo Williams and the rest of the Cavs

You're on 40? is 41 next?

wwwhat
03-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Yeah you're right we'll have to play more CONSISTENT and try to get some 8+ game streak even though we play most of our games left on the road... you mentioned jazz and hornets, don't worry about them, hornets can't beat us, and jazz was most powerful last year when we beat them 4-2, mavs aren't enough-caliber team to beat us, blazers are really bad for us, and thats for ages now (maybe it's just regular season cause we met last time in playoffs in 2000, but this year we could meet).

STILL WE'LL HAVE LONG ROAD TO THE FINALS.

GO LAKERS!

What? Jazz are better off this year. Once Carlos Boozer is healthy, they'll have the same team as last year but players like CJ Miles, Ronnie Brewer, and most importantly Paul Millsap will be super role players for them, something they weren't last year. I think of the West, only them and the Lakers have a chance to win it all (Spurs too, but only if fully healthy).

KB24PG16
03-11-2009, 11:05 PM
so?

G-Funk
03-11-2009, 11:46 PM
nice stats...

superkegger
03-11-2009, 11:54 PM
So they're both good teams. Didn't know that.

JordansBulls
03-12-2009, 12:11 AM
You're on 40? is 41 next?

:laugh2:

LAKERRS24
03-12-2009, 05:28 AM
Yeah the stats look similar, but that S.O.S tells alot. First of all it means Cleveland will have easier job in first two rounds of playoffs than the lakers, cause playoff-seed western teams have better pct% so they'll be tougher. And tells also Lakers won the same number of games while beating better teams, that was my purpose to prove it.

go lakers

S.J.Basketball
03-12-2009, 06:49 AM
Yeah the stats look similar, but that S.O.S tells alot. First of all it means Cleveland will have easier job in first two rounds of playoffs than the lakers, cause playoff-seed western teams have better pct% so they'll be tougher. And tells also Lakers won the same number of games while beating better teams, that was my purpose to prove it.

go lakers

You do KNOW the Eastern Conference is better and much more balanced than the West right? The Lakers play in a division with NO competition and after the top 9 teams in the West there is nothing. It's a desert with no oasis.

The eastern conference's S.O.S. might not be as high, but it is much more balanced and has thus far proven to be better than the West this year. Every team in the East has 27 wins or more except 2. In the West after the suns....again....a desert. The Warriors have a wopping 22 wins and are the 10th team right now. Sad. Which is why I think a lot of the teams in the top 9...not all, but some...have inflated records from feeding off so many crappy teams at the bottom.

cmstophe
03-12-2009, 11:30 AM

go lakers

So you're here to tell us the West is tougher than the East, and that the Lakers are a little bit better than the Cavs?

Thanks, but you were wasting your time because everybody already knew that, and it really means...nothing.