PDA

View Full Version : Blazers' Greg Oden is fed up and let down

JordansBulls
03-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Source: Oregonlive (http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2009/03/blazers_greg_oden_is_fed_up_an.html)

Truth be told, he would rather scream, because he is fed up with it all. Fed up with the injuries, which prevent him from playing the game he insists he loves. Fed up with the media, which have portrayed him as injury-prone and a bust. And to a degree, he is fed up with himself and his performance on the court this season.

The Blazers admit they misplayed the injury, announcing Oden's status was day-to-day, when in fact, team doctors and trainers knew from the start they were dealing with a potential long-term injury.

lakersrock
03-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Bowie-Jordan
Oden-Durant

Maybe they'll fix the problem next time.

NYMetros
03-11-2009, 05:31 PM
He is mad because he is starting to realize he's injury prone?

AWC713
03-11-2009, 05:37 PM
ill give him till next year to consider him a bust...he can still put it all together

DerekRE_3
03-11-2009, 05:37 PM
It's gotta be frustrating for him. I wish him the best.

lakerboy
03-11-2009, 05:38 PM
He needs to be patient. It's frustrating, but rushing things won't do any good.

hgtiger32
03-11-2009, 05:39 PM
nice comparison to bowie and jordan...blazers woulda been better taking jeff green, al horrford, al thorton, and maybe even carl landry..hard to make that judgement when oden was a stud in college...bummer for my blazers...also wonder what would happend..ALSO too early to tell but i wish the blazers wish that russel westbrook woulda fell to them instead of bayless...but im still hoping that bayless turns into a stud PG...just my thoughts

kingkobe
03-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Or maybe its just Portland thats cursed. Maybe if they took Durant he'd be in this position. Who knows?

Oh well. Hopefully he cmoes back next season at full strength.

still1ballin
03-11-2009, 06:04 PM
sucks for him!

olwakandi>oden!

Second City
03-11-2009, 06:05 PM
I just want him to sit me down and tell me about the good old days. lol Are we sure that this guy really isn't 40?

Nighthawk
03-11-2009, 06:12 PM
I just want him to sit me down and tell me about the good old days. lol Are we sure that this guy really isn't 40?

LOL...Any non NBA fan who couldnt recognize his face in Public would be absolutely shocked to hear hes only 21 lolololol...Love how people wanna call him a bust so young. I say wait til hes 25. Unless of course injuries end his career all together

cali72888
03-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Oden has to take some time off and get his body together and ready for the NBA.

He hasn't been healthy since the time he was drafted and all he can do now is sit back rehab and see if he can get back to full strength. He is young and can afford to get a late start to his career, i believe if healthy Oden could be a good Center in this league. He needs the right coaching behind him though, he is a project.

GunFactor187
03-11-2009, 06:15 PM
I think he should talk to a guy like Yao about this, I mean I'm not 7 ft. or anything, but I KNOW it's NOT easy being that tall and support all that body weight. I think a guy like Yao could really lift up Oden's spirit and it could take him up a notch in terms of his performance and conditioning.

Living Legend
03-11-2009, 06:18 PM
I am being 100% serious when I ask the question:

WTF is wrong with Oden?

He is freakishly tall of course, but he also looks freakishly old. And from news we are reading maybe his body is also older.

Perhaps there is some kind of condition that makes you age way faster then normal.

If there is, then he has it.

It looks to me like he is 32+ years old already.

This is a serious question I am not trying to make insult.

what54!?
03-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Greg oden needs to learn its only his rookie season. He's not a bust....yet. Some other other big man needs to talk to him.

JordansBulls
03-11-2009, 06:37 PM
sucks for him!

olwakandi>oden!

I doubt that.

S.J.Basketball
03-11-2009, 06:39 PM
40 something games in 2 years. Things are not looking up.

greatest40
03-11-2009, 06:49 PM
watch, hes gonna turn around and have a solid career just like Z

fire2last
03-11-2009, 06:59 PM
It's early...give him a couple more years before taggin him injury prone.

Kakaroach
03-11-2009, 07:10 PM
ill give him till next year to consider him a bust...he can still put it all together Yeah, me too. Its too early to consider him a bust, and if you think Oden is injury-prone, then so is Andrew Bynum.

SF25
03-11-2009, 08:21 PM
He's not a bust, not yet. He's shown he could be a dominate center in games where he hasn't been in foul trouble. It's just working on committing less fouls and hopefully prevent more injuries but you can't change that, if it happens it happens.

dee279
03-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Yeah, me too. Its too early to consider him a bust, and if you think Oden is injury-prone, then so is Andrew Bynum.

Well i guess Andrew Bynum is injury prone lol cuz ODEN is mos def injury prone he been injured from HIgh school to now he doesnt miss a year and when he plays all he does is foul out so he is definantly bust material but he has skills

S.J.Basketball
03-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Yeah, me too. Its too early to consider him a bust, and if you think Oden is injury-prone, then so is Andrew Bynum.

Duh. Hopefully they both recover from their injuries and bring something to the NBA with their talents.

Kakaroach
03-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Duh. Hopefully they both recover from their injuries and bring something to the NBA with their talents. Yeah, definitely. Its sad to see young guys with such potential go down with injuries so often.

_Sn1P3r_
03-11-2009, 08:48 PM
That is just really sad. I'd go crazy if I was Greg Oden (which he probably is actually doing). I really hope things end up well for him.

unwantedplayer
03-11-2009, 08:56 PM
He needs time to develop. I doubt he is a bust, yet.

FaceDown91
03-11-2009, 09:15 PM

i wouldn't really say that either. I don't think Oden is a bust yet but Bynum got injured because of 2 freak accidents. Oden has been pretty much getting injured so many times, and i haven't really seen 1 freak accident on Oden yet.

GregOden#1
03-11-2009, 09:19 PM
i wouldn't really say that either. I don't think Oden is a bust yet but Bynum got injured because of 2 freak accidents. Oden has been pretty much getting injured so many times, and i haven't really seen 1 freak accident on Oden yet.

They've all been freak accidents....Fisher sliding under Oden's foot causing him to land awkwardly, Maggette with his metal brace slamming into Oden's knee...all these are freak accidents.

VivaLaShark
03-11-2009, 09:35 PM
You definitely cannot consider Oden a bust after barely two seasons.... I mean look at Andrew Bynum it took him what like 5 years to become a decent center for the Lakers. Where it should be easy for a post player to score with Kobe opening up the floor.

what54!?
03-11-2009, 09:38 PM
sucks for him!

olwakandi>oden!Thats the ultimate insult

Knowledge
03-11-2009, 09:38 PM
They've all been freak accidents....Fisher sliding under Oden's foot causing him to land awkwardly, Maggette with his metal brace slamming into Oden's knee...all these are freak accidents.

agreed.

Its not like the guy walks out of bed and his knee cap falls off. He just happened to be in the wrong place, wrong time this year like Bynum. Plus Oden plays well when he keeps his fouls down. He just has to learn to stay in the game and the production should come.

Tblaze
03-11-2009, 09:46 PM
He's not used to all the pressure of the media which comes with being the #1 pick.

He actually showed flashes of greatness this year. It's just the injurys and foul trouble that limit him. Maybe a Patrick Ewing type of coach would help him alot.

About Durant:

Durant probably wouldn't have panned out in portland like he did right now. to add to that, portland doesn't need the scoring he brings that much... they're already on top of offensive efficiency. It's defence they need at the SF spot. And since Batum is developing in a possible lock down defender, he's probably a better fit for us then Durant. Not to mention that Oden brings exactly what we needed from him, rebounds, blocks and a big body in the middle.

I'd still take Oden over Durant, I have trust in him that he will pan out. He was leading rookies in double-doubles for a reason (not sure if he still does).