PDA

View Full Version : Donte Green as a PF? Anyone

CityofTreez
03-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Last night, I couldn't help but notice our proudest Kings crew (Grant & Jerry) discussing Donte Greene's potential in the league. It was the play of Jeff Green that sparked the possibility of Donte Greene being able to play the PF position because of his size and athleticism.

Jeff Green is a good PF, but he'll get clobbered against some better known PF's like Duncan, Garnett, Boozer, gasol, etc.

Jeff Green is a good example of new era players that utilize different position's with their size. He played like SG at times last night

My question is what do you guys think of this new era of position players playing in various roles they didn't imagine.

Also, what did you guys think of the Grant & Jerry dilemnna w/ Greene being used a PF in the future.

I don't like it because PF belongs to Thompson, but jus imagine if Greene played SF, but played like a PF.
Kind of similar to the Thunder Dilemna w/ Durant playing SF, but plays like a SG and Green playing SF, but plays more like a PF with his size?

SwaggaIke
03-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Green likes to chuck too much to be a PF. Damn near half of his shots as an Orange were 3's. Jeff Green has been playing a fairly physical style of ball his entire life and he has already developed his body. Green is what? All of 210 pounds? He needs to work on his body and his game.

Cubs Win
03-11-2009, 05:47 PM
For some reason, he's always seemed like a PF to me. I don't watch him play much so that doesn't mean much though. Maybe I just think that because he's like 6'10.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Donte Green's a bumba.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-11-2009, 05:54 PM
But Jeff Green??........ Now that boy can play.

DerekRE_3
03-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Greene needs to bulk up if he's gonna do that. And besides that, he's a VERY raw player and is pretty much all upside at this point.

nahson
03-11-2009, 06:06 PM
He should've stayed another year here at SU or two, even though that would be pushing it. I'm glade he's gone though and if he's gonna play PF he's gonna need to bulk up a little bit but uhm hope he does well at whatever he does.

oldenpolynice
03-11-2009, 06:22 PM
I like Donte as a PF in small lineups. Could work playing him and Noc together, with Spencer holding down the middle. But it's definitely just a situational sort of thing. I wouldn't start the game like that or anything.

Donte is one of those players who, when he gets better, isn't defined by a position on offense (like Dirk or Durant) and just guards whichever guy most resembles him on defense. He's your prototypical tweener forward.

Beno7500
03-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Donte Green's a bumba.

What?

Anyways, i think he should only play it when JT is sitting out

chicagowhitesox
03-11-2009, 07:46 PM
i don't think pf is a good fit for him.

sacgiants1213
03-11-2009, 07:48 PM
I'd prefer if he stayed at the 3.

dee279
03-11-2009, 08:13 PM
He is 6'11 actually, so if he bulks up and can play more physical, he really could be a dominant PF

_Sn1P3r_
03-11-2009, 08:49 PM
But Jeff Green??........ Now that boy can play.

I agree. I love his game. Him and Durant will be a sick combo in the future. Not to mention, you throw in WEstbrook in the mix.

unwantedplayer
03-11-2009, 09:01 PM
I agree. I love his game. Him and Durant will be a sick combo in the future. Not to mention, you throw in WEstbrook in the mix.

Westbrook, Durant, and Greene are going to be a nasty trio. They are already future All-Stars. Within a few years, they will be a very good team.

Kyle N.
03-11-2009, 09:49 PM
I don't agree giving Donte extended minutes at the 4 spot. His position is SF. That's where he will be productive and valuable at. He needs time at that spot.

sguglie2
03-11-2009, 10:43 PM
I had to endure a year of Donte Greene at SU. After the season it came out that he was only 6'9, not the 6'11 that was originally reported. That combined with how thin he is, and his affinity for bad shot selections make him much more suited to play 3. Also I cringe to think about Donte Greene defending guys like Duncan or Stoudamire

superkegger
03-11-2009, 11:17 PM
I don't think they should worry so much about what position he plays. Just put him out there in a role that suits his game. If that means as a floor stretching 4, so be it. Just put him in situations where he can play comfortably.