PDA

View Full Version : bobby crosby?

cwiley
03-11-2009, 12:20 PM
with everet hitting .150 or below and tigers brass i would guess doesnt think santiago can last a whole season why not make a play for crosby he wants to be traded and i think he would be way better than our current shortstops maybe package a thames and willis or robertson for him

cwiley
03-11-2009, 12:27 PM
i mean he hit .237 with 7hr 61 rbi 39 doubles and id be surprized if everet and santiago did that combined he also played in 145 games and if i remember correctly everet was hurt most of the year santiago got hurt early in the yaer to last year

Bondomania
03-11-2009, 02:34 PM
i actually like that idea.. we would probably have to package Santiago or Everett in that deal to unload one of our bench SS. It wouldn't be bad if we ate 4 mill. of Robertson's contract and dealt him that way the salaries would match up.. and maybe we throw in a lower level prospect

Bondomania
03-11-2009, 02:37 PM
plus i think this is the last year of Crosby's contract.. which would work out well because DD is set on having Cale Iorg be the SS in 2010

mark1125
03-11-2009, 08:28 PM
I am not a fan of Crosby, but is better than Everett. If we could salary dump Nate, then why not?

JackB
03-11-2009, 08:59 PM
He has had his share of injuries. But I think he was pretty much injury free this past year. Decent pop and decent speed. Pretty good glove. Worth a chance if we can get him cheap

Epic89
03-12-2009, 01:07 AM
He's the worst rookie of the year winner in ML history, but he's still better than Everett (who isn't?)

sweetlou1
03-12-2009, 10:14 AM
i mean he hit .237 with 7hr 61 rbi 39 doubles and id be surprized if everet and santiago did that combined he also played in 145 games and if i remember correctly everet was hurt most of the year santiago got hurt early in the yaer to last year

Santiago batted .282 with 4 HR's, 18 RBI's with a OBP over 400 with more walks than strike outs in 124 AB (58 games)
Crosby has not had a OBP over .300 in the last three years and has a 2 to 1 strikeout to walk ratio.
Look the guy played well last year and hes playing well this year, so far, and hes cheap. We have to give him a shot. I think Inge being back at third will make a huge difference in our overall defense.

cwiley
03-12-2009, 05:02 PM
i totally agree i would of rather had santiago start and have either holliman or raburn come off the bench then even waste the money they spent on a below .150 hitter like everet i mean the guy couldnt make it with the twins last year he was just as injury prone as santiago if not more

cwiley
03-12-2009, 05:04 PM
i my memory serves me right santiago played in more games as a back up than everret did as a starter

CiscoKid
03-12-2009, 05:14 PM
As a A's fan we would love to finally get rid of Crosby. But I guarantee you Billy Beane would not take any unnecessary salaries (Willis or Robertson). If the A's were to deal Crosby to you it would be for someone like Zack Miner or another 4A Pitcher!

JackB
03-12-2009, 09:26 PM
As a A's fan we would love to finally get rid of Crosby. But I guarantee you Billy Beane would not take any unnecessary salaries (Willis or Robertson). If the A's were to deal Crosby to you it would be for someone like Zack Miner or another 4A Pitcher!

Well that ain't going to happen .

Sheffies Chef
03-12-2009, 11:27 PM
And a trade for Crosby ain't gonna happen.

Look guys, some of you need to just get this into your brain, because it's the way things are. The team is set at a majority. The only thing that MIGHT change is another reliever, but that isn't likely IMO. We're done.

A lot of you guys are talking about Everett's hitting woe's, and yes, I agree. He's a subpar hitter. But his glove is second to none and that's the reason we signed him. To solidify the left side of the infield with a proven, sure-handed Shortstop.

With Everett, we have one of the best fielding IF's in the game today (on paper that is).

-Cabrera showed he belonged at first last year. Let's hope it wasn't a fluke.

-Polanco is a steady as they come. Maybe not flashy and all, but steady.

-Everett is considered one of, if not THE best, fielding SS's in the game today.

-Inge is Inge. A human highlight real.

cwiley
03-13-2009, 02:47 PM
i agree the trade possiblity is slim to none and everett is a great fielder when on the field key words on the field

Sheffies Chef
03-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Yea cwiley, assuming he doesn't get injured. Then we just shift to Santiago probably. With Hollimon or Rayburn or Hesseman getting called up to replace Everett.

No deal will happen most likely.

cwiley
03-14-2009, 12:56 AM
thats what i was saying earlier start santiago and have hollimon or raburn come off the bench i guess i just feel like they wasted their money on everett unless he hits over santiagos career average which is roughly .237 cause if he dont then they should of just started santiago