PDA

View Full Version : Until how old can a real Superstar Play?

Hellcrooner
03-11-2009, 03:58 AM
I mean, yeah we know that they can be pretty good and do numbers until 34 or 35 but what i mean is.

Should a real SUPER SUPER STar decide to say, im going to keep playing until my body does not stand more than 2 minutes a game.

so they assume with 35 tehy will still be starters, gradually become sixth men, then role player, then bench, then bottom on the bench.

Jordan was scoring in 20s at age 40, Kareem was doing 15/10 on his 40s too.

So, lets say Jordan decided to play until no team would contract him to be their 12th man.

How old woudl be that?

KG2TB
03-11-2009, 05:28 AM
Probably until Jordan couldn't walk anymore. He'll sell out an arena playing just 5 mins a game...not to mention the jersey sales...christ.

I'm not sure how old he is now, but he probably could have filled a roster spot into his mid-40s....45-46, something like that. Eventually, your body just can't take the grind of an 82 game season playing against 20 year olds

Kyben36
03-11-2009, 06:53 AM
Well, I think Normaly superstars retire B4 they become 6th men. They have the money to retire, and normaly they do. However, for the true SUPERSTARS, Money doesnt matter, its their love for the game. A true Superstar is suposed to love the game with a passion, because otherwise their work ethic and play would not be as good. A true superstar could probably play untill his body will not allow it. I still think Jordon could be playing, even at his age, but when your body starts telling you you cant go on any more, then its time to consider retiring.

davg31
03-11-2009, 07:21 AM
Im sure with the right conditioning now MJ could play 10-15 mins a game for half a season just now, but in another 5 years he couldnt play. I hate aging. Imagine people didnt age until they were 40-50. We could have witnessed a LeBron versus MJ when they were both up to speed. I have to say though that if that was the case people would still retire because they would get tired of the constant punishment on their bodies and would like to spend time with their families.

cHi8DaL5LA420
03-11-2009, 07:56 AM
there is no givin age... there career is over when they cant play anymore... but we will not know the age number until that time arises

JordansBulls
03-11-2009, 08:35 AM
I mean, yeah we know that they can be pretty good and do numbers until 34 or 35 but what i mean is.

Should a real SUPER SUPER STar decide to say, im going to keep playing until my body does not stand more than 2 minutes a game.

so they assume with 35 tehy will still be starters, gradually become sixth men, then role player, then bench, then bottom on the bench.

Jordan was scoring in 20s at age 40, Kareem was doing 15/10 on his 40s too.

So, lets say Jordan decided to play until no team would contract him to be their 12th man.

How old woudl be that?

Well Jordan was still the best player in the league at 35. Jordan and Malone were probably the best players ever at the oldest age. Thus far after 35 you won't be the best in the league after that.

Hellcrooner
03-11-2009, 03:01 PM
^mmm how old was Kareem at his last Mvp?

bostncelts34
03-11-2009, 07:46 PM
All depends on the type of player they are.

A guy like Pierce, who hasnt had any major injuries. Also, he doesnt use alot of crazy athleticism or anything, just good footwork. I think he can be productive for quite a few years.

Now, a guy like Ray Ray who has had all these ankle surgeries, might not be so lucky lol. Although he is a good shooter no matter how old im guessing? who knows :-/

SteveNash
03-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Jordan is different since he'd be retired 3 times giving his body some time to heal if he came back now.

In Kareem's case, he could have definitely hit 50. I'd ssay somewhere around 55 would be when he was completely done.

For a guard, I'd say Reggie Miller could go to his mid to late 40's.

Ollie Tabooger
03-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Kobe: life
Every other superstar: 38-40

GodsSon
03-11-2009, 09:45 PM
it fluctuates according to position, injury history, and amount of floor time they have seen during their career