PDA

View Full Version : Are the Cavs the best 4th Qtr. team?

gangis2169
03-11-2009, 01:17 AM
It seems like the Cavs seem to keep every game close enough to make a push during the 4th quarter. Usually in the 4th they are real solid. For example the Clippers game tonight and a large handfull of other games that they were down and turned it around in the 4th and pulled out a 10 point win. But im not sure if that will get it done in the playoffs and or the championship?

GoatMilk
03-11-2009, 01:20 AM
lol the clippers?
but yeah their record tells me that they are one of the best 4th quarter teams

what54!?
03-11-2009, 01:22 AM
why were they getting spanked by the clippers in the first place?

gangis2169
03-11-2009, 01:23 AM
lol the clippers?but yeah their record tells me that they are one of the best 4th quarter teams

Yeah the Clippers, the Clippers were up by like 19 points and the Cavs outscored them by like 20 in the 4th to win

what54!?
03-11-2009, 01:26 AM
well they have the top leading scorer in the 4th quarter. Your bound to have some luck with that

GoatMilk
03-11-2009, 01:32 AM
Yeah the Clippers, the Clippers were up by like 19 points and the Cavs outscored them by like 20 in the 4th to win

i watched the whole game.
the cavs just sucked for a while. the clippers were missing layups, easy buckets, etc. cleveland was missing a boat load of open shots. they were 0-15 at one point from 3.

infamous
03-11-2009, 01:35 AM
Yeah, thank you Zack for taking that awful 3 and not Baron. I'm still shocked that he took it.

Jonathan2323
03-11-2009, 01:52 AM
the Cavs i believe are the best 4th quarter team because of MO and Lebron.

KobeIs
03-11-2009, 03:10 AM
well, they definitely know when to turn it up.

blackjack_119
03-11-2009, 05:10 AM
The Cavs have the second best point differential in the fourth quarter. Portland has the best. That being said, I would prefer having LeBron to Roy leading my team in the fourth.

Kenny
03-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Cavs are just good, how many 4th quaters have the starters sat.. Quite a few

prodigy
03-11-2009, 08:37 AM
But im not sure if that will get it done in the playoffs and or the championship?

what winning? I think winnnig will get it done in the playoffs and championship.

prodigy
03-11-2009, 08:38 AM
why were they getting spanked by the clippers in the first place?

clippers are an NBA team, and they have some sick players when healthy. kamen, camby, randolph, gordon, davis, thorton. This team can play. They beat boston.

But what a great job by the cavs in coming back. mo williams was very clutch, and lebron does what he do.

still1ballin
03-11-2009, 12:01 PM
No, they played the Clippers, my HS team could be a threat to the Clippers....they are just god awful! Never seen such a team play that bad. They should just blow that team into pieces and bury it!

cmstophe
03-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Clippers beat Boston.

That said, only the Clippers would have lost that game last night.

prodigy
03-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Cavs rock! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

TheKing23
03-11-2009, 01:47 PM
That's the advantage of having someone like LeBron.

Whatever the deficit, he can just turn it on and the Cavs will always stand a chance.
That's why they're one of the most dangerous teams in the NBA.

cmstophe
03-11-2009, 01:58 PM
To be fair, LeBron seemed like he had it "on" all night...but nobody else did. For once, Mo was doing absolutely nothing all night, but when it mattered, he sealed the win with a deadly 3 pt shot. It was pretty cool.

prodigy
03-11-2009, 02:02 PM
To be fair, LeBron seemed like he had it "on" all night...but nobody else did. For once, Mo was doing absolutely nothing all night, but when it mattered, he sealed the win with a deadly 3 pt shot. It was pretty cool.

You must have missed the game. Lebron was part of the reason cavs struggled. He was 0-6 from 3 point line. A place where he has improved his game. He was also missing dunks and he never does that. It was just one of those games where the whole team is flat, all teams have these games.

Sure mybe not against the clippers, But a win is a win.

TheChosenOne88
03-11-2009, 02:07 PM

I didn't see the game last night, but when the Cavs played the Hawks last week or 2 weeks ago Mo nailed a 3 in front of Atlanta's bench and he turns around and just stares at them and they were just shocked. That was pretty cool IMO.

cmstophe
03-11-2009, 04:46 PM
You must have missed the game. Lebron was part of the reason cavs struggled. He was 0-6 from 3 point line. A place where he has improved his game. He was also missing dunks and he never does that. It was just one of those games where the whole team is flat, all teams have these games.

Sure mybe not against the clippers, But a win is a win.

Please dont say stupid stuff. I watched the entire game. Maybe missed 1-2 minutes in the 4th when I changed rooms.

Just because Lebron is missing 3pters doesnt mean he isnt on. A triple double with 32 points? Heeeellllooo? If Mo Williams has his normal shooting night, the Cavs win that game easily. But he came through when it mattered most.

jnb58
03-11-2009, 05:02 PM
The Cavs have the second best point differential in the fourth quarter. Portland has the best. That being said, I would prefer having LeBron to Roy leading my team in the fourth.

The Blazers are the best 4th quarter and clutch team in the league. It really isn't close. The Cavs are the better 1-3 quarter team and have better starters.

LeBron is the best player in the league and I would rather have him to nearly any 2 players on the Blazers, HOWEVER I actually prefer Roy to LeBron in the clutch.

It might just be that the team is more clutch. The whole team can spread out and shoot from anywhere on the floor. The Blazers don't have the stay ahead power that the Cavs do.

Down 1 with 5 seconds left in the game. Blazers win 8 out of 10 games against anyone.

NYMetros
03-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Clippers beat Boston.

That said, only the Clippers would have lost that game last night.

There was no Garnett that game though, and I believe Pierce dislocated his thumb that game.

Sportfan
03-11-2009, 05:16 PM
IMO yes they are only because of how Lebron can take over a game

Sportfan
03-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Cavs rock! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

homer :pity:

jrodmesche
03-11-2009, 05:20 PM
yes

cmstophe
03-11-2009, 06:22 PM
There was no Garnett that game though, and I believe Pierce dislocated his thumb that game.

Pierce played...

Missing 1 of 3 All Stars on your team? Is that really an excuse to lose to the CLIPPERS?

EDIT: Pierce played 38+ minutes that game...lolexcuses

bogmon
03-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Stat wise the Blazers are a better 4th quarter team....and before you jump all over me for stating so, make a lil' google search and see for yourself....

Although, all the props in the world to the Cavs and the impressive season they are having this year.

Can't wait to see the Eastern Conference Finals!

fire2last
03-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Unfortunately if they Cavs are winning games in the 4th that means they are letting teams stay in it. They have the offensive fire-power to demoralize teams before the 4th quarter.

Their defense is pretty darn good as well. Time for them to take it up a notch.

cmstophe
03-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Unfortunately if they Cavs are winning games in the 4th that means they are letting teams stay in it. They have the offensive fire-power to demoralize teams before the 4th quarter.

Their defense is pretty darn good as well. Time for them to take it up a notch.

Losing Ben Wallace looks like it hurt them more than people thought it would.

Kakaroach
03-11-2009, 07:16 PM
The Clippers have no excuse to lose that game after being up so much. And when you can't pull away from LeBron James, you should be worried, especially in the 4th.

superkegger
03-11-2009, 11:35 PM
I'm not taking anything away from the Cavs and LeBron. But to be brutally honest, I've never seen such horrible basketball from a team in my life last night. I caught the end of the 3rd and then all of the 4th. The Clippers stink. If their entire 4th quarter can be summed up in one play, it was definetly the last one. Inbounds to Zach Randolph, takes a contested 30 footer and misses badly to lose the game. I've honestly not seen a worse quarter of basketball on the professional level in my life.

codes238
03-11-2009, 11:37 PM
It seems like the Cavs seem to keep every game close enough to make a push during the 4th quarter. Usually in the 4th they are real solid. For example the Clippers game tonight and a large handfull of other games that they were down and turned it around in the 4th and pulled out a 10 point win. But im not sure if that will get it done in the playoffs and or the championship?

theyre a good 4th quearter team just like any of the other teams at the top... the win over the clips doesnt mean anything because the clips go-to-guy is zach randolph and their coach is mike dunleavy

codes238
03-11-2009, 11:41 PM
The Clippers have no excuse to lose that game after being up so much. And when you can't pull away from LeBron James, you should be worried, especially in the 4th.

what do you mean no excuse!? they have so many excuses!

1.) their owner is donald sterling (the worst owner of all time)
2.) their gm is mike dunleavy (possibly the worst gm of all time besides isiah and rob babcock)
3.) their coach is mike dunleavy (the worst coach in the game today)
4.) they have zach randolph and ricky davis on the same team!
5.) baron davis is borderline obese, hates his coach and hates his team

still1ballin
03-11-2009, 11:45 PM
what a disaster

prodigy
03-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Please dont say stupid stuff. I watched the entire game. Maybe missed 1-2 minutes in the 4th when I changed rooms.

Just because Lebron is missing 3pters doesnt mean he isnt on. A triple double with 32 points? Heeeellllooo? If Mo Williams has his normal shooting night, the Cavs win that game easily. But he came through when it mattered most.

Lebron can blow out a team by himself, which he has done many many times. He played well no question, But if you ask him he would say what i just did. Thriple double is great, But lebron can play much better. also had a bad defense game, which never happens.

No question if mo was on the game would have been much more easy, But to say lebron was on, and the rest of the team sucked is not entirely ture. Thats all i'm sayin. The whole team looked flat.

prodigy
03-12-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm not taking anything away from the Cavs and LeBron. But to be brutally honest, I've never seen such horrible basketball from a team in my life last night. I caught the end of the 3rd and then all of the 4th.

If u saw the end of the 3rd and the 4th, the you seen a great game lol.

JJ81
03-12-2009, 02:02 PM
No

prodigy
03-12-2009, 02:06 PM
No

wow your cool.

fire2last
03-12-2009, 04:42 PM
No

Very well thought out points. I can see your point of view. I can tell you put some time into this response. Very well done.

superkegger
03-12-2009, 05:12 PM
If u saw the end of the 3rd and the 4th, the you seen a great game lol.

I didn't "seen a great game". I saw terrible terrible basketball by what looked like a bunch of amateurs. That game (from both sides, the cavs should be made to look so incompetent through 3 quarters like that, and a group of so called professionals should not play so horribly and look like 9th grade girls out there) was a disgrace to the NBA.

prodigy
03-13-2009, 08:52 AM
I didn't "seen a great game". I saw terrible terrible basketball by what looked like a bunch of amateurs. That game (from both sides, the cavs should be made to look so incompetent through 3 quarters like that, and a group of so called professionals should not play so horribly and look like 9th grade girls out there) was a disgrace to the NBA.

can you atleast pretend to not be so bias. Every team has bad games. just ask the lakers when they got smoked by portland. It was a great job coming back after being flat for the first 3Q's. Clippers are not good by any means, But they would still make you look like there bit**. There NBA players.