PDA

View Full Version : Why did'nt Ariza and Outlaw get suspended??

gangis2169
03-11-2009, 01:12 AM
I have watched this over and over and it seems like the players that should have been suspended are Travor Ariza due to the hard foul that was a play on the ball but was still with plenty of force to jar the head of Fernandez and the other should be Travis Outlaw during the pushing and shoving he intentionally threw a forearm to the back of Josh Powell. Yet the NBA decided that the guy that stepped about 1 foot over the line on to the court that did not touch anybody was suspended????? Nice call NBA!!!!!

blackjack_119
03-11-2009, 01:16 AM
I do'nt know. Why wo'nt the league act logically. We should'nt stand for this. :)

gangis2169
03-11-2009, 01:18 AM
No wonder why the ratings keep dropping!!! lol

blackjack_119
03-11-2009, 01:28 AM
Now an actual response rather than just being a dick. Ariza shouldn't be suspended. In all honesty, he should have only received a flagrant 1, but had he stayed in the game, I don't know how the crowd would have reacted, but it wouldn't have been good. You also don't want Blazers issuing hard fouls while making a play on the ball so Ariza received the flagrant 2.

As for the scuffle afterward, there were 9 guys mobbed together. Farmar was seeing if Rudy was alright and Odom foolishly came over to the mob. Two Blazers received technical fouls and one Laker received technical fouls. It probably should have ended there. The NBA, however, has a strict policy against coming off of the bench which means they are forced to suspend Odom.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
03-11-2009, 02:01 AM
ariza made a play for the ball thats why he wasnt suspended

Lowstrings
03-11-2009, 02:11 AM
I have watched this over and over and it seems like the players that should have been suspended are Travor Ariza due to the hard foul that was a play on the ball but was still with plenty of force to jar the head of Fernandez and the other should be Travis Outlaw during the pushing and shoving he intentionally threw a forearm to the back of Josh Powell. Yet the NBA decided that the guy that stepped about 1 foot over the line on to the court that did not touch anybody was suspended????? Nice call NBA!!!!!

You've answered your own question regarding Ariza. :up:

Now, about Mr. Outlaw.... :shrug: