PDA

View Full Version : Ariza will not be suspended for flagrant

dwho12
03-10-2009, 06:46 PM
http://ball2live.com/nba/2009/03/trevor-ariza-will-not-be-suspended-by-nba/

Lakers forward Trevor Ariza will not be suspended by the NBA for his actions on a flagrant foul Monday night against the Portland Trail Blazers. “Ariza will not be further disciplined,” NBA spokesman Tim Frank said this morning. “We are still looking at the aftermath of the play.”
The aftermath would refer to forward Lamar Odom, who stepped away from the bench and toward a crowd of players who were pushing and shoving each other a few feet from the Lakers bench. Odom might be suspended for leaving the bench and could miss the Lakers game Wednesday in Houston. Sasha Vujacic, also on the bench at the time, took a step or two toward the fracas but didn’t go as far as Odom and is not being examined by the league as closely as Odom.
http://ball2live.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/capt6c0ebda3ea294edeab5338692a01c708lakers_trail_b lazers_basketball_pda109.jpg

Hustla23
03-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Man is Lamar Odom a smart individual :sigh:

The foul wasn't suspension worthy, he just nicked him on his head, nothing brutal .

ATX
03-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Under those circumstances he should have recieved a one game suspension if you ask me. They Lakers were getting beaten badly and that foul was completely unecassary. Ariza was taking out his frustrations, and then to get up in Roy's face instead of just saying "My bad".

Corey
03-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Odom's probably going to get a suspension. Ariza doesn't deserve further penalty, and I don't think he really should've gotten a flagrant in the first place, but good damage control by the league.

S.J.Basketball
03-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Under those circumstances he should have recieved a one game suspension if you ask me. They Lakers were getting beaten badly and that foul was completely unecassary. Ariza was taking out his frustrations, and then to get up in Roy's face instead of just saying "My bad".

Roy got in Ariza's face. Get your story straight.

Teeboy1487
03-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Under those circumstances he should have recieved a one game suspension if you ask me. They Lakers were getting beaten badly and that foul was completely unecassary. Ariza was taking out his frustrations, and then to get up in Roy's face instead of just saying "My bad". Epic Failure :pity:

Crooks&Castles
03-10-2009, 07:17 PM
man ariza did nothing..went for ball...and its not his fault rudy cant land on his feet or control his body.. Ariza just swiped his arms...HIS ARMS!!!!!! maybe some of his head but nothing to effect the body in a great deal. But this is unfortunate for Rudy

Lakers09
03-10-2009, 07:17 PM
i dont think Odom should be suspended...ive seen players from all teams hang out in the area he was...i consider it the lounge of the bench.

Lowstrings
03-10-2009, 07:25 PM

He was going for the ball but he hit Rudy's head instead. It wasn't like he was trying to foul him at all.

Roy got in Ariza's face, not the other way around.

prodigy
03-10-2009, 07:57 PM
of course not, He plays for the lakers.

WSUJJ
03-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Wow thats bull, even though he did not try for the head, HE DID IT. Doesnt matter, he could be out for the season if it went worse, thankfully it isnt. He should be suspened.

Kakaroach
03-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Odom should not be suspended but Ariza should. I mean, the NBA only suspended Zach Randolph for the 2 games after punching a Suns player in the face. Granted what Ariza did wasn't that bade, but he acted as if he did nothing at all.

Duncan = Donkey
03-10-2009, 08:57 PM
i dont think Odom should be suspended...ive seen players from all teams hang out in the area he was...i consider it the lounge of the bench.

are you serious??? amare got suspended for doing the same thing in the playoffs against san antonio.

if odom doesnt get suspended then it would be clear that the league favours the lakers.

deflep1691
03-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Apparently everyone in this forum who thinks Ariza should get suspended also wants to exchange nba uniforms for ballerina skirts.. Honestly he went for the ball. If he had went for a closline of Rudy thatd be different, but he wanted to make a play and try to bring his team back in arms reach of a win.

NYMetros
03-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Too bad for the Lakers that Lamar Odom has to have such a big ego and beat his chest like that by stepping out of the bench area and nugging a guy. He is a pretty important piece to the Lakers and one of the huge reasons why they are still maintaining their level of consistency with Bynum out.

deflep1691
03-10-2009, 09:11 PM
I'd like to point out that Roy should be suspended for trying to start a fight. Furthermore Odom Just Stood up by his bench and tried to PULL Ariza back. If either laker is suspended its complete bullsh*t.

deflep1691
03-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Also I'd like to point out that Roy should get a suspension for trying to start a fight. Furthermore Odom should not get suspended because all he did was stand up and try to pull ariza back then Roy got in his face to! .. IN all honesty Roy made this a big deal, and should be punished accordingly.

deflep1691
03-10-2009, 09:22 PM
sorry bout the double post, my computer sucks and i didnt think it posted the first one

jim51990
03-10-2009, 09:46 PM
b-roy would have ripped ariza apart...

superkegger
03-10-2009, 09:49 PM
glad the nba got this right. though i'm still in the opinion that it wasn't a flagrant 2. but ariza shouldn't get further discipline, and lamar should be suspended, which is what happened. stupid lamar. what an idiot.