PDA

View Full Version : ACC POY Lawson questionable for tournament

op12
03-10-2009, 05:49 PM
ty lawson is questionable for the acc tournament this week with a swollen big toe. what do you guys think about unc still being able to win the tournament? i think they can win the 1st couple games with frasor and drew but they may need lawson against wake or duke in the finals, granted one of those make it.

also what do you guys think about him being ACC POY? i think he deserved it but i was hoping for hansborough to repeat, although lawson has made carolina tick this year. thoughts?

thegreatone08
03-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Suprised, but happy Lawson won POY. I hope we lose the first game and have everyone rest till the tournament. I'm sure people will be mad with me saying that, but when was the last time the Heels won the ACC tournament and NC??

LivingThroughMe
03-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Suprised, but happy Lawson won POY. I hope we lose the first game and have everyone rest till the tournament. I'm sure people will be mad with me saying that, but when was the last time the Heels won the ACC tournament and NC??

I thought it would be Hansbrough or Teague honestly. McClinton had a great year too, but didn't exactly propel his team to the top of the ACC.

Rtardz
03-10-2009, 11:57 PM
I thought it would be Hansbrough as well, he did lead the league in scoring with like 21. something avg points per game.

YankeePride13
03-12-2009, 08:07 AM
If you've watched every Carolina game, you'll know Lawson was the Player of the Year.

On another note, sit him the entire ACC Tournament (and even the first round of the NCAA's). This guy MUST be healthy for this team to make a run at the National Title.

op12
03-12-2009, 05:32 PM
If you've watched every Carolina game, you'll know Lawson was the Player of the Year.

On another note, sit him the entire ACC Tournament (and even the first round of the NCAA's). This guy MUST be healthy for this team to make a run at the National Title.

i agree, but if you watched every carolina game you would know he started off the acc season inconsistently by not playing great in loses to wf and bc. not to mention he had some low scoring outings which doesnt bother me because he gets the team involved, but i can see voters looking more at stats. i agree he deserved poy but thought based on stats, hansbrough would win it. im happy ty won it and i think he is deserving.

Devils05
03-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Lawson is out for today's game