PDA

View Full Version : Good News regarding our 2009 Draft Pick

DerekRE_3
03-10-2009, 04:39 AM
The Bobcats won't necessarily lose their first-round pick in June by making the playoffs.

A league document indicates the pick the Bobcats owe the Denver Nuggets (in the trade that brought Alexis Ajinca to Charlotte) is lottery protected. Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins says it's a better deal; that this season the pick is protected through 20th.

In other words, if they make the playoffs with the worst record among playoff teams (the most likely non-lottery scenario), they'd still keep their 2009 pick.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2009/03/good-news-draftwise.html

Looks like we don't have to worry about losing a pick if we make the playoffs. Speaking of...we are a .5 games back from the Bulls, and if we beat the Spurs tomorrow, we are in the 8th spot because of a tiebreaker.

masalex1205
03-10-2009, 01:46 PM
awesome that's great news, also i just heard Marcus Wiliams got waived by the Warriors, I think he would be a good pickup for the Bobcats (he's a bigger PG at 6'3", keep in mind felton is 6'1 and DJ is realisitically probably 5'11)

homestarunner93
03-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Man this sucks. I'd rather give it up now than lose more protection and risk losing a lottery pick in the next year or two.

DerekRE_3
03-10-2009, 04:34 PM
awesome that's great news, also i just heard Marcus Wiliams got waived by the Warriors, I think he would be a good pickup for the Bobcats (he's a bigger PG at 6'3", keep in mind felton is 6'1 and DJ is realisitically probably 5'11)

We just picked up a point guard from the D-League. His name is Dontell Jefferson. He's 6'4 and is supposed to be very athletic. He averaged 18.6 points, 5.5 assists, and 5 rebounds in the D-League this year.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2009/03/bobcats-to-sign-dleague-point-guard.html

I guess he is our 3rd point guard while Singletary is in the D-League. Hope he gets some time so we can at least see what he can do. Who knows, he could be another diamond in the rough like Cartier Martin. He is already 25 but I looked at his scouting report and he is considered a late bloomer and still has a good amount of upside. He's already come a long way from averaging 3 ppg his senior year in college.

masalex1205
03-11-2009, 11:05 AM
yeah sup. dontell is a very good defender, sounds like the big 3rd point guard Larry wants

I'd still like to see us take a look at williams at least in the offseason, im a fan

IversonIsKrazy
03-17-2009, 04:58 PM
wait so, ur guys' team is gunna be a part of the lottery. So ur team is still gunna have a chance to get the 1st pick (prob not gunna happen), but means u guys still have a chance?

DerekRE_3
03-17-2009, 09:04 PM
wait so, ur guys' team is gunna be a part of the lottery. So ur team is still gunna have a chance to get the 1st pick (prob not gunna happen), but means u guys still have a chance?

Well, it depends if we make the playoffs or not, we are 1 game back as of now. But yeah, technically if we are in the lottery, we have a VERY small chance to getting the #1 pick (less than 1% chance).