PDA

View Full Version : Ariza Knocks out Rudy, after Lakers getting blown out in bottom of 3rd.

fairandbalanced
03-09-2009, 11:58 PM
That seems like a pretty dangerous foul, the dude was taken out in stretchers. Rudy may have complicated things the way he fell awkwardly towards on the floor.

S.J.Basketball
03-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Rudy had to be taken off in a stretcher.

Figured a Laker fan should kick it off. Let the hate begin.:smoking:

I'm watching in crappy resolution and it looks like Ariza BLOCKED the shot and made some contact with his arms as he was going up for the lay up and totally bailed on the fall. Rudy fell REALLY awkward.

DODGERS&LAKERS
He went after the ball. Rudy just was unlucky and had a bad fall. No flagrant at all

GoatMilk
neck brace, elbow brace, stretcher
complete accident though i swear. i'm not being a homer either. i swear

fairandbalanced
03-10-2009, 12:00 AM
there is already a tread for this.

lakerboy
Ariza went after the ball. This isn't a flagrant foul.

still1ballin
Ariza was going after the ball, good hard foul, flagarent 1 at the most.

astrosmaniac
Rudy had to be taken off in a stretcher.

Figured a Laker fan should kick it off. Let the hate begin.:smoking:

I'm watching in crappy resolution and it looks like Ariza BLOCKED the shot and made some contact with his arms as he was going up for the lay up and totally bailed on the fall. Rudy fell REALLY awkward.

it wasnt intentional but all ariza got was rudy's head with his arm. it was ugly

BTownTeamsRKing
03-10-2009, 12:01 AM
bottom of the 3rd??? wat is this? baseball? lol

astrosmaniac
03-10-2009, 12:02 AM
wether it was intentional or not (it wasnt IMO) when you hit someone in the head and they are taken off in a stretcher, it has to be a flagrant 2 IMO

superkegger
03-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Ariza was going after the ball, got the ball, and as a by product of that did catch his head/neck a bit. Not a flagrant 2.

S.J.Basketball
03-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Rudy fell really weird. Ariza didn't even make much contact. Rudy just fell...really weird. Ariza's foul didn't look hard. The FALL looked hard.

fairandbalanced
03-10-2009, 12:04 AM
wether it was intentional or not (it wasnt IMO) when you hit someone in the head and they are taken off in a stretcher, it has to be a flagrant 2 IMO

Portland is already up 28, the fans were already jesting at the Lakers..........it's only fair not to allow another dunk on you. There was enough embarrassment already.

superkegger

What happens to them after the play, or if they get injured or not has nothing to do with the severity of the call.

lakers4sho
I love the title of the thread, especially the part after the comma.

op12
i didnt see it, but lets not go crazy like everyone did with the big baby foul last week. even though it was probably lakers fan hating, celtics fans or laker haters should not start a big fuss.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-10-2009, 12:05 AM
I just hope Fernandez is okay. I thought he just got the wind knocked out of him but bringing out the stretcher is scary

kb24ap28
03-10-2009, 12:05 AM

he hit him in the head but it wasnt intentional - therefore not a flagrant 2

GoatMilk
03-10-2009, 12:06 AM
dont worry though everyone, Ariza got ejected. I dont thin he'll be suspended though

kb24ap28
the thread title? really? ariza knocks out rudy. it was just an ugly fall come on now

S.J.Basketball
Odom came off the bench though. Suspension for him probably.

GoatMilk
03-10-2009, 12:07 AM
i didnt see it, but lets not go crazy like everyone did with the big baby foul last week. even though it was probably lakers fan hating, celtics fans or laker haters should not start a big fuss.

i agree. everyone is gonna be going crazy in a minute. especially after the Bynum/Wallace foul. SMH. i swear though, this was a complete accident. This one is easier to see that it was an accident than the Bynum/Wallace one

BTownTeamsRKing
03-10-2009, 12:08 AM

smart guy that lamar.

astrosmaniac
What happens to them after the play, or if they get injured or not has nothing to do with the severity of the call.

ok, just looking at the play, he was hit hard in the air in the head with no way to brace himself against the fall, thats a flagrant 2 IMO

and i agree it was an accident, but still

BTownTeamsRKing
i agree. everyone is gonna be going crazy in a minute. especially after the Bynum/Wallace foul. SMH. i swear though, this was a complete accident. This one is easier to see that it was an accident than the Bynum/Wallace one

why do u care? just ignore it. if u believe it wasnt intentional then who cares if someone else does

superkegger
03-10-2009, 12:09 AM
the thread title? really? ariza knocks out rudy. it was just an ugly fall come on now

don't question it, this guy is fair and balanced, you know he must be telling the truth.

Kohaku
03-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Was pretty serious..I was watching the game and even though ariza was aiming for the ball, he did have a bit of contact on rudy's head. Although I don't think it was a flagrant 2.

GoatMilk
03-10-2009, 12:10 AM
why do u care? just ignore it. if u believe it wasnt intentional then who cares if someone else does

kthx

what54!?
03-10-2009, 12:12 AM
so basically it was like the bynum and wallace play?

Hope rudy is ok.

JIDsanity
03-10-2009, 12:12 AM
there is already a tread for this.

LOL It's probably on Youtube already as well

S.J.Basketball
03-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Flagrant 2's are given out like nothing now-a-days. Is it Ariza's fault Rudy doesn't know how to land?

S.J.Basketball
03-10-2009, 12:14 AM
so basically it was like the bynum and wallace play?

Hope rudy is ok.

Except Ariza hardly touched Rudy and Rudy went...flying! Was weird.

GoatMilk
03-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Rudy could move everything and was conscious.
he chest hurt though. he just has minor pain but the doc said he'd be ok
phew. thats awesome news

greatest19
03-10-2009, 12:16 AM
he stil has to go to the hospital tho

S.J.Basketball
03-10-2009, 12:17 AM
no, but, it looked really bad. the fans and players would have been in an uproar if ariza stayed in. you gotta keep some control over the game

Yea, but he hardly touched him man. Rudy is more responsible for being in that damn stretcher than Ariza is. There wasn't gonna be a riot. The crowd really decided the call for the refs rather than the actual play.

greatest20
03-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Yea, but he hardly touched him man. Rudy is more responsible for being in that damn stretcher than Ariza is. There wasn't gonna be a riot. The crowd really decided the call for the refs rather than the actual play.

yea i agree wit u, it was a flagrant 1 AT MOST. but the initial reaction was just that it deserved a flagrant 2. U need to keep control, so thtas why Ariza was rejected.

what54!?
03-10-2009, 12:22 AM
Except Ariza hardly touched Rudy and Rudy went...flying! Was weird.damn sad to hear :(

CTown81
03-10-2009, 12:23 AM
I dont know what game all of you are watching but they showed it on Sportscenter and he smoked Rudy in the head. I agree he was going for the ball but he wound up, swung, and hit Rudy in the head. Flagrant 2 no doubt. Good ejection.

Kohaku
03-10-2009, 12:27 AM
Lakers are getting blown out in the 4th...something I never thought I'd see this season lol.

kb24ap28
03-10-2009, 12:39 AM
I dont know what game all of you are watching but they showed it on Sportscenter and he smoked Rudy in the head. I agree he was going for the ball but he wound up, swung, and hit Rudy in the head. Flagrant 2 no doubt. Good ejection.

thats ridiculous. smoked him? cmon. he wound up swung, hit the ball and his elbow hit rudy in the head. he didnt intentionally wind up and smack his head. he clearly went for the ball

lakerboy
03-10-2009, 12:39 AM
^Lakers didn't get blown out in the fourth. They got blown out in the third.

KobeIs
03-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Except Ariza hardly touched Rudy and Rudy went...flying! Was weird.

well anyone that can get up there can say that when there is contact in the air, you go flying no matter wut. also, gotta look at rudy's size. he's not the biggest dude but ariza went for the ball WHILE he was in the air and that caused him to sorta spin and land awkwardly.

if anything, he has a cracked rib or something like g wallace.

Gro_Da_Fro_Back
03-10-2009, 12:47 AM

yeah but he didnt go on the floor, no ejection or suspension. he was technically still on the bench area

SF25
03-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Looked like an accident but the fact is Ariza tried to start a fight afterwards. All he had to do is tell Roy "dude it was an accident sorry" and it would be ok. But instead he reacted to Roy and tried to fight him, making it look intentional.

kb24ap28
03-10-2009, 12:49 AM
Looked like an accident but the fact is Ariza tried to start a fight afterwards. All he had to do is tell Roy "dude it was an accident sorry" and it would be ok. But instead he reacted to Roy and tried to fight him, making it look intentional.

is that a joke? did u watch the game? roy went over to ariza. he started the entire thing. ariza was defending himself. watch the game instead of listening to ur extremely biased commentators.

nice to see u admitted it looked liek an accident though

cmoneytakemoney
03-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Even if he was going for the ball he still will be suspended because it looked so bad and Odom is going to miss a game or two also.

Nirvanaskurdt
03-10-2009, 12:50 AM
yeah ariza shouldn't have been thrown out... just a hard foul and a terrible fall by Rudy..

hope hes alright though... hes a great player and more importantly.. how 'bout the blazers?

these guys are flying under the radar a bit and they are a deep deep team and very good.

Gro_Da_Fro_Back
03-10-2009, 12:52 AM
yeah ariza shouldn't have been thrown out... just a hard foul and a terrible fall by Rudy..

hope hes alright though... hes a great player and more importantly.. how 'bout the blazers?

these guys are flying under the radar a bit and they are a deep deep team and very good.

Yeah they are good when the refs are literally handing them the game

brevinknight
03-10-2009, 12:52 AM

I dont think Ariza helped his case trying to punch aldridge and roy after the play, those two, frye, and outlaw just came over in defense of rudy and ariza started swinging. I agree that it was unintentional but when your down that much just let the play happen without risking harm to anyone. stupid play by ariza.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-10-2009, 12:53 AM
bottom of the 3rd??? wat is this? baseball? lol

Haha that's what I thought when I seen the title too.

But I think he was going for the ball, not intentional.

KobeIs
03-10-2009, 12:56 AM
I dont think Ariza helped his case trying to punch aldridge and roy after the play, those two, frye, and outlaw just came over in defense of rudy and ariza started swinging. I agree that it was unintentional but when your down that much just let the play happen without risking harm to anyone. stupid play by ariza.

lol r u kidding? i might have only seen the play like 4 times but there was no swinging at all from both parties.

i understand rudy's teammates coming over to defend him but if you think about it, rudy's teammates started the confrontation, not ariza. why in the world would ariza foul rudy and start sh!+ with his teammates? stupid man

tdunk21
03-10-2009, 12:56 AM
here is the video

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=3770

fairandbalanced
03-10-2009, 12:57 AM
Just watching ESPN and they said Odom could be suspended for walking up to opposing players. However, he didn't walk onto the court, he walked behind the court. NBA rule suspends players on bench if they walk onto court during an alteration, Should the rule apply here? The dude, walked up to the alteration, but it was behind the court.

lakersrock
03-10-2009, 12:58 AM
Wow. I can't believe that got him ejected. I've seen harder fouls on Kobe not even get called. Just because Rudy fell like a ****** (I'm glad he's ok), doesn't mean Ariza should get ejected and suspended for it.

soundjunkies2
03-10-2009, 12:58 AM

Just give up the basket?This is the NBA you don't take a play off just because your losing and Roys the one that got in ariza's face as ariza was walking back.It wasn't all ariza's fault.

SF25
03-10-2009, 01:00 AM
is that a joke? did u watch the game? roy went over to ariza. he started the entire thing. ariza was defending himself. watch the game instead of listening to ur extremely biased commentators.

I saw it but he still should have still kept cool and tried to calm down Roy. Roy saw it and his first instinct was to go after him cause at first look it looked intentional. Sure Roy may have started the fight but he was defending his teammate to what he thought looked intentional. But who knows, Ariza could have been shouting that it wasn't on purpose but we won't know until a press conference.

brevinknight
03-10-2009, 01:01 AM
Dude how can you say it wasnt Arizas fault at all? he made a stupid decision to swing that high, and no dont take a play off but he didnt have to swing where he did. I dont know if he actually swung for sure during the scuffle but it definatly looked like he tried to but farmar pulled it back. I like farmar, hes a classy guy who came to check on Rudy. Im not trying to start anything jerkish but you have to see in some way ariza was wrong.

kb24ap28
03-10-2009, 01:02 AM
after watching that replay him being hit on the head had nothing to do with anything. when ariza's off hand swung down it caught rudy's, and rudy being so small spun completely around and he landed awkwardly.

lakersrock
03-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Plus, had this game been close, it wouldn't have even been a Flag 1. They saw the score and the fact he fell like a moron and ejected him.

kb24ap28
03-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Dude how can you say it wasnt Arizas fault at all? he made a stupid decision to swing that high, and no dont take a play off but he didnt have to swing where he did. I dont know if he actually swung for sure during the scuffle but it definatly looked like he tried to but farmar pulled it back. I like farmar, hes a classy guy who came to check on Rudy. Im not trying to start anything jerkish but you have to see in some way ariza was wrong.

so no one else in the nba goes for the ball like that on a fast break? if he didnt have an awkward landing we wouldnt be talking about this now.

Gro_Da_Fro_Back
03-10-2009, 01:03 AM

no

kb24ap28
03-10-2009, 01:05 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3966302

so according to legler if you ever hit someone in the head, whether intentional or not its a flagrant 2? i dont remember reading that one in the rule book

AllTheWay
03-10-2009, 01:06 AM
it was a clean block

lakersrock
03-10-2009, 01:07 AM
The video in the ESPN link shows how little he hit him. It's not his fault that Rudy took a terrible fall sideways.

Er1c
03-10-2009, 01:10 AM
it was a clean block

cmon now, no it's not. LOL.

lakersrock
03-10-2009, 01:10 AM
it was a clean block

No it wasn't. It wasn't a flag though. I think it's amazing Roy didn't get a Tech though. He came running up shoving people. How did he not get anything called?

Er1c
03-10-2009, 01:11 AM
The video in the ESPN link shows how little he hit him. It's not his fault that Rudy took a terrible fall sideways.

yes., it wasn't ariza's fault at all, he went for the ball and rudy was just completely outta control

SF25
03-10-2009, 01:12 AM

I like Farmar too, he went to check on Rudy and then tried to break up the fight. He was classy about it.

However, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm agreeing with the Laker fans that it looked unintentional. At first it appeared to be on purpose but on replay it definitely looked unintentional. Still think he could have acted a little cooler about the fight but whatever, we'll see what everyone has to say about it later.

kb24ap28
03-10-2009, 01:13 AM
I like Farmar too, he went to check on Rudy and then tried to break up the fight. He was classy about it.

However, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm agreeing with the Laker fans that it looked unintentional. At first it appeared to be on purpose but on replay it definitely looked unintentional. Still think he could have acted a little cooler about the fight but whatever, we'll see what everyone has to say about it later.

respect. 1 thing though, u say ariza should have acted cooler. dont u think roy should have been a little "cooler" and not even started jawing at ariza in the first place?

brevinknight
03-10-2009, 01:19 AM
respect. 1 thing though, u say ariza should have acted cooler. dont u think roy should have been a little "cooler" and not even started jawing at ariza in the first place?

Yeah Roy definatly deserved a technical but i respect him even more for what he did defending his teammate like that. Roy is 24 and the captain of the team, he needs to show no ones going to mess with anyone on his squad without him at their defense.

SF25
03-10-2009, 01:19 AM

Not really, at first sight it looked like it was intentional. Roy didn't have what we did which was the replay. Are you going to tell me that if a guy took what appeared to be a cheap shot on your teammate you wouldn't confront him? He got a little physical but I mean it looked like Ariza tried to hurt Rudy at first sight, why would he try and pick a fight with him?

kb24ap28
03-10-2009, 01:20 AM
Yeah Roy definatly deserved a technical but i respect him even more for what he did defending his teammate like that. Roy is 24 and the captain of the team, he needs to show no ones going to mess with anyone on his squad without him at their defense.

i definitely understand that i just think its a little hypocritical that roy is allowed to defend his teammate but ariza cant defend himself u kno wut i mean? wutever though no big deal, hopefully hes alrite

Er1c
03-10-2009, 01:21 AM
typical coming from the cheaters. I guess lil trevor was mad cuz some of the bandwagoners hopped on portland's halfway through the 3rd quarter when they were down by about 900

uncalled for.

kb24ap28
03-10-2009, 01:21 AM
Not really, at first sight it looked like it was intentional. Roy didn't have what we did which was the replay. Are you going to tell me that if a guy took what appeared to be a cheap shot on your teammate you wouldn't confront him? He got a little physical but I mean it looked like Ariza tried to hurt Rudy at first sight, why would he try and pick a fight with him?

ok i see where ur coming from

brevinknight
03-10-2009, 01:23 AM
i definitely understand that i just think its a little hypocritical that roy is allowed to defend his teammate but ariza cant defend himself u kno wut i mean? wutever though no big deal, hopefully hes alrite

Yeah thats where i agree with you when i think that roy did deserve a technical, but you have to admire roy for his leadership in the instance. I just hope next game doesnt get this ugly.

kb24ap28
03-10-2009, 01:25 AM
Yeah thats where i agree with you when i think that roy did deserve a technical, but you have to admire roy for his leadership in the instance. I just hope next game doesnt get this ugly.

yeah seriously, to think this game was just 1 out of 82

snickers
03-10-2009, 02:05 AM
here is ariza's interview bout the rudy accident.

http://www.cbs2.com/video/?id=95878@kcbs.dayport.com

junion
03-10-2009, 02:51 AM

oh yeah, i forgot, when youre down by 20 in the third quarter, you shouldnt play defense anymore, just give up easy layups so no one will get hurt. as a matter of fact, no defense at all during the whole game so no one gets hurt.

ariza didn't swing, he was going up to yell at their faces. roy came up to ariza and tried to start stuff (because he thought the foul was intentional).

if it was the last 5 minutes in the 4th quarter and youre down by like 30, then yeah just let it be, but this was the 3rd.

AllDay28
03-10-2009, 03:00 AM

if u read the recap, roy went to see if rudy was ok but ariza was still balking away when rudy was on the ground an thats y roy got upset.

Squad13
03-10-2009, 03:03 AM
Just saw it replayed, I love Roy but he is going to feel ridiculous when he sees the replay. He went for the ball and Rudy landed weird. Wow Roy got in Odoms face too, a slight over-reaction when you see the foul, I guess I can see getting caught up in the heat of the moment.

Hustla23
03-10-2009, 03:09 AM
It looked alot nastier because they were going like full speed.

Hopefully Rudy's alright.

SteveNash
03-10-2009, 03:16 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3966302

so according to legler if you ever hit someone in the head, whether intentional or not its a flagrant 2? i dont remember reading that one in the rule book

Legler doesn't know what he's talking about.

Ariza should be given a medal for hustling, should not have been kicked out of a game.

Hellcrooner
03-10-2009, 03:41 AM
As a completely unbiased part in all this ( since im BOTH a Lakers and a Spanish Players Fan) i htink that

1 Ariza deserved the flagrant because the fault was too rude.

2 ariza shouldnt be suspended because he did not intentionaly try to hurt him, this has nothing to do with trading punchs.

3 Roy deserved a technical.

4 roy nor Frye or anyone on the blazers deserve suspension since all they where doing was reacting to see a team mate on the floorafter a hard foul.

5 i hope rudy recover ASAP.

6 all of those "laker fans" saying stupid thinks about rudy was asking for it to happen, or good riddance or anything close to this, you are not Laker Fans you are just a bunch of hoolingans , are you even human? You are the scum of the earth, with people like you theres no wonder everybadoy hates lakers fans, wich is not fair for us the ones that are Normal.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-10-2009, 03:58 AM
When players are getting hurt by fouls... it's not basketball!

S.J.Basketball
03-10-2009, 04:00 AM
When players are getting hurt by fouls... it's not basketball!

Okay dood......:confused:

lakersfan211
03-10-2009, 05:27 AM
your gonna have blazer fans *****ing about this , it was a clean play , all you laker haters need to realize that and realize the trophys comin back to us so stop hating please.

valade16
03-10-2009, 06:14 AM
Why are you getting upset that Roy defended his team? That is what the Star player should do, if the situation were reversed and Ariza was down Kobe would've been all over the Blazers and you Lakers fans would be applauding him and bragging about how much better he is at defending his team than even Michael Jordan...

It didn't really effect the outcome of the game (unless you seriously thought you had a shot at coming back, in which case Lakers fans are more delusional than I'd thought), so stop saying were overreacting...

astrosmaniac
03-10-2009, 07:37 AM
thats ridiculous. smoked him? cmon. he wound up swung, hit the ball and his elbow hit rudy in the head. he didnt intentionally wind up and smack his head. he clearly went for the ball

he aid he was going for the ball, but as he we for the ball, he hit rudy pretty damn hard. it wasnt intentional but it deserved a flagrant 2 IMO

astrosmaniac
03-10-2009, 07:45 AM
yes., it wasn't ariza's fault at all, he went for the ball and rudy was just completely outta control

he was out of control because ariza hit him in the back of the head...

LakerzDQ
03-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Why are you getting upset that Roy defended his team? That is what the Star player should do, if the situation were reversed and Ariza was down Kobe would've been all over the Blazers and you Lakers fans would be applauding him and bragging about how much better he is at defending his team than even Michael Jordan...

It didn't really effect the outcome of the game (unless you seriously thought you had a shot at coming back, in which case Lakers fans are more delusional than I'd thought), so stop saying were overreacting...

I agree. Roy did the right thing. I don't think Ariza should've been ejected, but that has nothing to do with Roy trying to back up his teammate.

I hope Rudy is okay, it looked pretty bad.

king4day
03-10-2009, 08:20 AM
It was the right call. He was trailing and took a hard swipe at the ball. He hit his head hard and it led to the landing. No player "flops" with the risk of getting that hurt.

Sportscenter said Odom left the bench. If that's true, then he'll be suspended the 1 game.

Manos
03-10-2009, 08:52 AM
after watching that replay him being hit on the head had nothing to do with anything. when ariza's off hand swung down it caught rudy's, and rudy being so small spun completely around and he landed awkwardly.

Yeah, this was all Rudy's fault.

it was a clean block

:whistle:

Just saw it replayed, I love Roy but he is going to feel ridiculous when he sees the replay. He went for the ball and Rudy landed weird. Wow Roy got in Odoms face too, a slight over-reaction when you see the foul, I guess I can see getting caught up in the heat of the moment.

I guess if Odom would have stayed on the bench with the rest of the team he could have avoided Roy?

It was the right call. He was trailing and took a hard swipe at the ball. He hit his head hard and it led to the landing. No player "flops" with the risk of getting that hurt.

Sportscenter said Odom left the bench. If that's true, then he'll be suspended the 1 game.

+1

bostncelts34
03-10-2009, 09:14 AM
I love how so many laker fans are saying it shouldnt of been a flagrant at all. When they said big baby should get suspended lol

Anyways, I dont think it was intentional, but never the less he hit him in the head, WHILE Rudy was in the air. Making it very,very dangerous as you can see by the awkward way he fell.

Also, just wondering what others opinions are..but like..i saw Odom and a couple other come off the bench more than a few feet. Isnt that against the rules? like..auto-suspension?

jayl1377
03-10-2009, 09:21 AM
ARIZA SHOULD BE SUSPSENDED!!!!!!!! if laker fans think big baby's foul warrants a suspension then this one should too

JJ81
03-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Shouldn't have been a flagrant 2 at all.

theimortalone
03-10-2009, 09:23 AM
I saw that hit. Man what a horrible fall it was! :sigh: I hope that Rudy will be okay! I wouldn't be suprised if Ariza gets suspended for that.

DrDEADalready
03-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Ariza doing that. proves. Lakers = Dirtiest team in the NBA :pity:

ATX
03-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Ariza had better get suspended for that dirty and pointless foul. Totaly unecassary considering the score....and Odom getting up to go start shyte too. He sure didn't look like he was going over to protect his player. Looked more like he wanted to escalate things. Both deserve suspensions, but certainly Ariza. Uncalled for, stupid, and dangerous. He needs to sit and learn a lesson.

ShakeN'Bake
03-10-2009, 10:14 AM
All I got to say is my respect for Jordan Farmar or how ever you spell his name just went up as he checked on Rudy after the fall and hes not even the guys teammate.

ATX
03-10-2009, 10:19 AM
^^If Odom was to leave the bench area, this is where he should have been going. To check on Rudy like Farmar was respectable enough to do. Not to escalate the situation, trying to instigate a worse situation. Fortunatley cooler heads prevailed, as this could have turned real ugly.

nd4T.O.
03-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Ariza doing that. proves. Lakers = Dirtiest team in the NBA :pity:

hahaha pathetic

he was going for the ball...should it be a flagurant yes..suspension maybe a game just bc it was to the back of Rudys head

DrDEADalready
03-10-2009, 10:27 AM
hahaha pathetic

he was going for the ball...should it be a flagurant yes..suspension maybe a game just bc it was to the back of Rudys head

How is that pathetic? it's true. Odom did the same thing to Brandon roy the last game they played. and the Bynums elbow to the rib's And that's just all this year. Dirty team right thurr :speechless:

nd4T.O.
03-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Get your facts right bro Odom on Roy was last year

LakerzDQ
03-10-2009, 10:38 AM
it was an unintentional, but stupid and dangerous play.

it's just that Ariza believed that he could actually get a clean block.

it wasn't one of those fouls just to keep the player from getting an easy dunk.

Ariza has been able to get some blocks off of these, but unfortunately, Ariza hit rudy in the head and the hand, and it made Rudy fall in a nasty position.

The Lakers aren't dirty. I'm not justifying this foul, but I watch them play. I wish they were a bit dirty like Bowen and Bell, but they don't have that kind of a mentality.

theimortalone
03-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Wow so the Lakers could have Ariza, and Odom suspended for at lease a game. If Odom isn't suspended then the NBA is ****ing fixed. That would be the biggest pile of :bs: ever! Yes I am referring back to the playoffs in 2007 when Diaw and Amare were both suspended for leaving the bench. If you Laker fans don't think that Odom should be suspended, then that is sad! Ariza needs to be suspended, and Odom MUST be suspended!

nd4T.O.
03-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Wow so the Lakers could have Ariza, and Odom suspended for at lease a game. If Odom isn't suspended then the NBA is ****ing fixed. That would be the biggest pile of :bs: ever! Yes I am referring back to the playoffs in 2007 when Diaw and Amare were both suspended for leaving the bench. If you Laker fans don't think that Odom should be suspended, then that is sad! Ariza needs to be suspended, and Odom MUST be suspended!

Amare and Diaw also walked on the court, Odom didnt but i do think he will get suspended

theimortalone
03-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Amare and Diaw also walked on the court, Odom didnt but i do think he will get suspended

Yes, tha is true, but same difference, Odom still left the bench. No player should ever leave the bench when they are not supposed to. We will have to just wait and see what the NBA decides.

nd4T.O.
03-10-2009, 11:01 AM
yeah i say he gets a game off lol

robdesign13
03-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Im sorry, but that wasn't even a foul. He had 100% all ball.

Frrrrank!!!
03-10-2009, 11:06 AM

:speechless: I hope that was sarcasm.

theimortalone
03-10-2009, 11:07 AM

What? :confused: How the **** was that not a foul? Rudy left to court on a ****ing strecher! How is that not a foul? :eyebrow: Please sir do explain!

Hawkeye15
03-10-2009, 11:08 AM
This is coming from a non Laker fan, that was not a flagrant foul. He was going for the ball. Look at his eyes. It is unfortunate, but Ariza should not be suspended for this. Rudy just got clipped a little, but was moving so fast, velocity took over. Big Baby's hit had nothing but the intent to foul hard. Way different

DrDEADalready
03-10-2009, 11:10 AM

Lol this guy must be legally blind if that wasn't a foul.

theimortalone
03-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Lol this guy must be legally blind if that wasn't a foul.

:laugh2:

The Ooh Child
03-10-2009, 11:12 AM
It didn't look like a dirty play, but I guess if you accidentally club someone in the back of the head with your forearm while they are in mid-air and cause them to take a nasty spill, then you probably deserve to get ejected. I like Ariza, and I do think it was an innocent shot block attempt.

And I really hate Odom's attitude. I hope he gets suspended for leaving the bench, and I'm hoping Roy makes him his ***** for the rest of the season.

bman2380
03-10-2009, 11:27 AM
It dont matter what you were going for it matters what you got....that will be a flagrant 2. Odom will be suspended as well. The injury plays a role as well being that this is reviewed by league offices.

Mr.Chi-Town
03-10-2009, 11:48 AM

this from a lakers fan lmao.u guys should have homers pic as ur sigs.

mrblisterdundee
03-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Although it mostly looked like an accident, Ariza should have realized he had little chance of getting the ball. His team was being blown out. There was no reason for him to take a chance just to show some hustle in bad times.

28+24+5=3champs
03-10-2009, 12:09 PM
great flop. he probably learned that move from all the soccer players in spain. he hurt himself with the way he contorted his body and landed to make it look worse than it was

Free Throw
03-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Not a great play on Ariza's part, he was behind and wasn't even able to get to the ball, plus it's not like it would have been a game changing play if he did block it, seeing the score was what is was. Funny thing about it is that about a minute or so before this happened Ariza went for a steal on a pass and fell backwards, then Rudy made a three while he was down.

I think everyone agrees he was going for the block, still, you have to believe there was some frustration he wanted to let out, with them being down that much.

Odom should defiantly be suspended for doing what he did, it was funny how Roy went and got in his face, then Gasol comes over and nudges Roy away.

Nothing more than a flagrant 1 though, the fall is the only reason it looked bad, Rudy was just unlucky he lost his balance in the air, and the fall made the players think it was a lot dirtier than it was.

jayl1377
03-10-2009, 12:29 PM
great flop. he probably learned that move from all the soccer players in spain. he hurt himself with the way he contorted his body and landed to make it look worse than it was

definition of homer

theimortalone
03-10-2009, 12:40 PM

Homer much? :eyebrow: For hells sakes you have ariza as your avatar! :pity: This is the dumbest post i have ever heard! :pity:

DrDEADalready
03-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Homer much? :eyebrow: For hells sakes you have ariza as your avatar! :pity: This is the dumbest post i have ever heard! :pity:

You can hear posts?? what kind of superhuman are you? I can only read posts :(

ATX
03-10-2009, 12:43 PM

Are you freaking kidding me???? Just embarrasing...

theimortalone
03-10-2009, 12:45 PM
You can hear posts?? what kind of superhuman are you? I can only read posts :(

Haha I meant read! :D

fairandbalanced
03-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Just In : Nba won't suspend Ariza.

ATX
03-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Just In : Nba won't suspend Ariza.

That's horrible...

nd4T.O.
03-10-2009, 12:58 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/29607186/

GOOD

BTownTeamsRKing
03-10-2009, 12:59 PM
hard hit at high speed. def flagrant 2. suspension worthy, maybe 1 game because we cant have shots like that being dealt in blow out games. thats just dangerous. i know he was maken a hard play, but somethin tells me that if they werent gettin blown out, he wouldnt have even bothered. i think he had a lil extra motivation to end the humiliation.

ATX
03-10-2009, 01:01 PM
hard hit at high speed. def flagrant 2. suspension worthy, maybe 1 game because we cant have shots like that being dealt in blow out games. thats just dangerous. i know he was maken a hard play, but somethin tells me that if they werent gettin blown out, he wouldnt have even bothered. i think he had a lil extra motivation to end the humiliation.

Definately

nd4T.O.
this coming from a Boston fan haha

Super.

kind of a dumb rule, players should only get suspended for going onto the court during an altercation

ATX
03-10-2009, 01:05 PM
this coming from a Boston fan haha

It's coming from all fans. We all saw it, and it warranred a one game suspension. Of course Lakerfan doesn't think so, but pretty much the rest of us do.

LA412
03-10-2009, 01:06 PM
i just now watched the incident...........and that was absolutely a bunch of bull ****......the nba doesnt allow as much contact as girls rec leagues now days.....def. not a bad foul at all.........so every time a guy lands akwardly the other person was trying to take their head off?

theimortalone
03-10-2009, 01:08 PM
“I stood up but I stood right there — I didn’t go nowhere,” he said.

Ariza was ejected and the Blazers were assessed a pair of technical fouls in the aftermath. Roy balked at Ariza’s reaction to the foul.

“I wasn’t as mad until I saw Trevor’s reaction to the foul, that’s what sparked everybody,” Roy said. “Don’t start acting tough after you do a hard foul like that.”

I can understand where Roy was coming from. He is 100% right. Ariza acted as if he did nothing wrong! :pity:

nd4T.O.
It's coming from all fans. We all saw it, and it warranred a one game suspension. Of course Lakerfan doesn't think so, but pretty much the rest of us do.

oh well NBA already said hes not getting one...i think it deserved a flagurant and that be it

Super.
i just now watched the incident...........and that was absolutely a bunch of bull ****......the nba doesnt allow as much contact as girls rec leagues now days.....def. not a bad foul at all.........so every time a guy lands akwardly the other person was trying to take their head off?

do you know what the NBA rule on non-pick contact is? NOTHING, no contact WHATSOEVER

thats why it seems like girls rec league >_<

DRUNKCHIKSDIGME
03-10-2009, 01:33 PM

That's what I saw too. Seems if though after making contact with Rudy he didn't pay any attention to Rudy's his well being. Another Laker player tried to assist Rudy while Ariza was (I don't know) arguing? Ariza's body language shortly after the play didn't indicate that he any concern for Rudy in terms of his play being an accident.

Question Laker fans, If that happend to Kobe would you still justify that that was a good hard foul. I tend to believe Laker fans would be up in arms over it.

I know some of you made commemts about how rudy akwardly landed but really, if clobbered like that is there a safe way to fall? And when was the last time anyone was knocked out safely?

Great topic guys.

$ NyC $
03-10-2009, 01:34 PM
See, for those of you seeing it wasn't a flagrant its obvious it was at the end just because of the end. At first i agree, it appeared as if he was just going for the block, but when you kinda hold the other guys hand in the air like that the smallest push can knock a dude off balance. Even if it wasn't there was no way in hell Ariza had 2 act like a dum@$z and try 2 act tough and pick a fight with the Blazers. The LEAST he could have done was something his teammate did, which was check on the guy. It's not even your home-court if they we're getting blown out by 30 at home it would be easier 2 understand.

As for Odom, wow. That guy is just funny. One of the dumbest players ever seriously. No need at all 2 act like that.

DRUNKCHIKSDIGME
03-10-2009, 01:40 PM

Wow, I'm galad you're objective minded about this.

Although this could work against you either in the next meeting against Portland or in the playoffs we'll have wait and see how Portland responds in the next several games

Tblaze
03-10-2009, 01:42 PM
This is my point of view: It wasn't on purpose but he did make contact right when rudy had taken off, and that's the most dangerous time to have contact, but the faul itself deserved a flagrant-1 for SURE. just the speed they were going it makes it so much more risky to make such a play. The foul wasn't necessary at all, especially at that point in the game.. the game was already played. But it shouldn't have been an ejection from a purely theoretical point of view. But with all the emotions going at it, I would've ejected him myself too. Just from a referee's perspective.

Ariza's reaction wasn't as picture perfect as some of you picture it ;) and I'm glad Roy, Outlaw and Aldridge went after him. After a hard foul like that, show some dignity. Now Odom is probably the most dumb player on the lakers squad cause all he seems to care about is trying to intimidate the blazers (not just this game) he deserves a suspension.

The foul was blown a bit out of proportion because of the awkward fall by rudy, but if you're going to whine about the reffing, you might want to check kobe's cheapshots on batum in the 4th ;) they just wouldn't give him the 6th foul. There was one beautiful frame of him just straight out elbowing him in the chest.

I'm glad we dominated them like this, they deserved it. Just small sign of what's to come. :)

lakerboy
03-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Ariza won't be suspended.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3967289

FortyDubs
03-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Flagrant 2's are given out like nothing now-a-days. Is it Ariza's fault Rudy doesn't know how to land?

Is it Rudy's fault Ariza doesn't know how to block? Do you understand how stupid that sounds?

fresh prince
03-10-2009, 02:00 PM
The foul was blown a bit out of proportion because of the awkward fall by rudy, but if you're going to whine about the reffing, you might want to check kobe's cheapshots on batum in the 4th ;) they just wouldn't give him the 6th foul. There was one beautiful frame of him just straight out elbowing him in the chest.

I'm glad we dominated them like this, they deserved it. Just small sign of what's to come. :)

Hahaha really? You want it like that? I went to OSU so obviously have many boys that are Blazer fans..I've Never heard this level of cockiness after 1 W on your home floor.

After all the eliminations and butt whoopins we've given you over the years you should respect the Lakers by now..You'll learn

Tblaze
03-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Hahaha really? You want it like that? I went to OSU so obviously have many boys that are Blazer fans..I've Never heard this level of cockiness after 1 W on your home floor.

After all the eliminations and butt whoopins we've given you over the years you should respect the Lakers by now..You'll learn

It's a simple response to some idiotic lakerfan comments I've read on this topic and others about the matter :)

It's not cockiness, it's just backing up my team if there's people talking smack about us. Just like you're doing right now. The lakers are the ones not showing respect to us, and it's nice to have the rivalry going again. Cause that meens we'll be in position to have our payback :)

Mets333
03-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Who was on the mound?

ottograham14
03-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Arvydis Sabonas would have been taking Lakers out if he was there.

theimortalone
03-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Who was on the mound?

Wrong forum? :eyebrow:

nbafan244
03-10-2009, 02:41 PM
That seems like a pretty dangerous foul, the dude was taken out in stretchers. Rudy may have complicated things the way he fell awkwardly towards on the floor.

ummmm you really think rudy TRIED to fall like that?

GspLAL
03-10-2009, 02:41 PM
This is my point of view: It wasn't on purpose but he did make contact right when rudy had taken off, and that's the most dangerous time to have contact, but the faul itself deserved a flagrant-1 for SURE. just the speed they were going it makes it so much more risky to make such a play. The foul wasn't necessary at all, especially at that point in the game.. the game was already played. But it shouldn't have been an ejection from a purely theoretical point of view. But with all the emotions going at it, I would've ejected him myself too. Just from a referee's perspective.

Ariza's reaction wasn't as picture perfect as some of you picture it ;) and I'm glad Roy, Outlaw and Aldridge went after him. After a hard foul like that, show some dignity. Now Odom is probably the most dumb player on the lakers squad cause all he seems to care about is trying to intimidate the blazers (not just this game) he deserves a suspension.

Oh so they should let them to keep running up the score? **** that, it was obviously out of frustration, that doesn't justify it, but it wasn't malicious and he didn't purposely go for his head (which he grazed).

lakerboy
03-10-2009, 02:46 PM
It's a simple response to some idiotic lakerfan comments I've read on this topic and others about the matter :)

It's not cockiness, it's just backing up my team if there's people talking smack about us. Just like you're doing right now. The lakers are the ones not showing respect to us, and it's nice to have the rivalry going again. Cause that meens we'll be in position to have our payback :)

What rivalry?

There is no rivalry, just complete ownage.

fresh prince
03-10-2009, 02:48 PM

Cool you have to back up your squad.. No worries..

Dont judge Laker fans by what you see on the boards..Most cats revel in using the forums to bait and act childish

The core Laker Fan knows that you guys wax our Boom Booms in P town.. And respects the Blazers

We just own you in the Playoffs

But with the Young core of both teams, the Blazers and Lakers will be battling for Western Conference supremacy for years to come.. If the rivalry wasn't back prior to yesterdays game it sure is now.

The Cast:

Kobe vs. Roy
Bynum vs. Oden *maybe
Trevor vs. Rudy
Pau vs. Lamarcus
Fish/Farmar vs. Blake/Bayless
Odom vs. Outlaw
MBENGA vs. Prizbilla
Sasha/Luke vs. Batum/Sergio

Should be nice

GspLAL
03-10-2009, 02:58 PM
What rivalry?

why do you have a 10 year old in your sig dude? lol

brevinknight
03-10-2009, 03:03 PM
What rivalry?

Yeah now that i think about it, beating the lakers by 30 is complete ownage for the lakers. your a genius.

RodmansBulls
03-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Oh i can't wait for the playoffs, so these srubs get knocked out the first round.

Tblaze
03-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Cool you have to back up your squad.. No worries..

Dont judge Laker fans by what you see on the boards..Most cats revel in using the forums to bait and act childish

The core Laker Fan knows that you guys wax our Boom Booms in P town.. And respects the Blazers

We just own you in the Playoffs

But with the Young core of both teams, the Blazers and Lakers will be battling for Western Conference supremacy for years to come.. If the rivalry wasn't back prior to yesterdays game it sure is now.

The Cast:

Kobe vs. Roy
Bynum vs. Oden *maybe
Trevor vs. Rudy
Pau vs. Lamarcus
Fish/Farmar vs. Blake/Bayless
Odom vs. Outlaw
MBENGA vs. Prizbilla
Sasha/Luke vs. Batum/Sergio

Should be nice

Yeah I think it will be fun too, I hope the West will become a bit more stable again, cause right now it's just crazy that there's 1 game between the 3th and 8th place or smth... And hopefully both bynam and oden can overcome their knee problems to make it even a tougher matchup.

Yeah now that i think about it, beating the lakers by 30 is complete ownage for the lakers. your a genius.

At first I thought about saying that, but I think just plain ignoring him is the better option...

DRUNKCHIKSDIGME
03-10-2009, 03:22 PM
What rivalry?

I think the Blazers record against L.A. is pretty good at home in the Rose garden.

NYMetros
03-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Odom should get a suspension for coming off the bench. And the play wasn't that dirty by Ariza. He was going for the ball and happened to hit his head. He deserved to get the flagrant 2, but intent to injure was not there.

PHX-SOXFAN
03-10-2009, 03:59 PM
typical, reminds me of odom's cheap shot against ray allen last year in a blowout. there is such a pattern of odom making stupid fouls, technicals, and cheap shots, now he's going to get a suspension for coming off the bench. this guy might be the dumbest player in the nba. the laundry list is getting pretty long. add all this to dribbling the ball inbounds and all the missed free throws late in games.

awr0430
03-10-2009, 04:07 PM
I think it was best to call it a flagrant 2 foul because of the potential injury that could have occurred. If he would have immediately checked on Rudy like Farmar did it wouldn't have been.

Havoc Wreaker
03-10-2009, 04:15 PM
I dont know...He just swatted....in a "If I get the ball nice...but Im going to foul" way...And yes rudy fell awkwardly...did his head bounce of the floor?

Vinny642
03-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Defintely should be at least a 1 game suspension

DRUNKCHIKSDIGME
03-10-2009, 04:47 PM
the foul was hard enough and the momentum was fast enough for Rudy to fall awkwardly. Give an example of someone falling safely at that momentum.

Beno7500
03-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Good, Rudy is a *****

astrosmaniac
03-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Odom should get a suspension for coming off the bench. And the play wasn't that dirty by Ariza. He was going for the ball and happened to hit his head. He deserved to get the flagrant 2, but intent to injure was not there.

:clap:

DRUNKCHIKSDIGME
03-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Good, Rudy is a *****

Make me understand how that is so.

DRUNKCHIKSDIGME
03-10-2009, 06:22 PM
I think what's missing here is the lack of sportsmanship Ariza showed immediately after the play accident or not.

S.J.Basketball
03-10-2009, 06:28 PM
This is coming from a non Laker fan, that was not a flagrant foul. He was going for the ball. Look at his eyes. It is unfortunate, but Ariza should not be suspended for this. Rudy just got clipped a little, but was moving so fast, velocity took over. Big Baby's hit had nothing but the intent to foul hard. Way different

Agree 100%. It wasn't a hard foul. He just happened to fall awkwardly and painfully.

Lowstrings
03-10-2009, 07:11 PM
It was not intentional at all. Flagrant foul, but it should not be a suspension.
Lamar left the bench and rules are rules.
If the NBA goes on a gives both of these guys suspensions, then so be it.
It's one game, I'm not worried at all. The lakers might even win that game.
I'm not being cocky, I'm just tired of everyone making this a bigger deal than what it really is.

Ariza was going for the ball, he was trying to make a defensive stop like he has always done, but he UNINTENTIONALLY hit Rudy's head which resulted in Rudy's awkward fall.

We all hope that Rudy is okay.

End of story.

theimortalone
03-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Good, Rudy is a *****

:pity: Why the hell is he a *****?

Squad13
03-11-2009, 12:59 AM
lol, seriously people getting mad about Ariza's reaction? Watch the replay he isn't even looking at Rudy, then Roy gets in his face. What is he supposed to do, they all did what the other would do. Flagrant 1 sure, and in the heat of the moment, and the injury from landing awkwardly I can see them tossing him (don't agree with it but it happens) But to say he should be suspended is funny. Don't listen to the idiot Laker fans that say no foul occurred, but stop the outrageous claims just because it's the lakers.

greatest38
03-11-2009, 01:10 AM
lol, seriously people getting mad about Ariza's reaction? Watch the replay he isn't even looking at Rudy, then Roy gets in his face. What is he supposed to do, they all did what the other would do. Flagrant 1 sure, and in the heat of the moment, and the injury from landing awkwardly I can see them tossing him (don't agree with it but it happens) But to say he should be suspended is funny. Don't listen to the idiot Laker fans that say no foul occurred, but stop the outrageous claims just because it's the lakers.

finally, a lakers fan that makes sense. the tossing of Ariza dint hav as much to do with the foul as it did with keeping control. had the refs not ejected him, the fans and players would have been in an uproar.

oracle650
03-11-2009, 01:16 AM
when flopping goes wrong.