PDA

View Full Version : how good will Anthony Randolph be?

montazingmvp
03-09-2009, 03:40 PM
lamar odom called him a potential hall of famer. i think thats a bit of a stretch, but he played against him. he's has tons of potential on both sides of the court, here's a clip that shows around 4min of court play in which he was....beastin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgyybTWnyaY

SteveNash
03-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Possibly the best player in his draft class.

Loved his game in college, the only thing I was worried about was mental, and Don Nelson certainly hasn't helped.

Watching the game against Detroit was just terrible, Nelson put the entire team in a position to fail, doing stuff like having Randolph running the point, sitting good players, and playing Randolph almost the entire game.

IndyRealist
03-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Better than I expected, but I don't think he makes an All-Star game in his career. I see limited defensive skills and an over-reliance on athleticism, which goes away over time. He does seem to have good offensive instincts, but there's just no way to know if his production is a product of Nellieball or if it will translate into other systems. If he's not going to be a franchise player, then you can't build your entire offense to suit his abilities.

superkegger
03-09-2009, 04:03 PM
If he stays in Golden State, average.

montazingmvp
03-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Better than I expected, but I don't think he makes an All-Star game in his career. I see limited defensive skills and an over-reliance on athleticism, which goes away over time. He does seem to have good offensive instincts, but there's just no way to know if his production is a product of Nellieball or if it will translate into other systems. If he's not going to be a franchise player, then you can't build your entire offense to suit his abilities.

actually his defense is pretty good. he's a good help defender and stays in front of his man. he's also a good defensive rebounder. right now he can get out muscled a little bit, that is his only real flaw defensively.

montazingmvp
03-09-2009, 04:25 PM
If he stays in Golden State, average.

that makes no sense whatsoever

superkegger
03-09-2009, 04:28 PM
that makes no sense whatsoever

It makes perfect sense. If he stays in GS, under a floundering organization, under a coach who nobody can figure out exactly what he's doing, he'll probably never get the kind of time or role he needs/deserves.

montazingmvp
03-09-2009, 04:34 PM
It makes perfect sense. If he stays in GS, under a floundering organization, under a coach who nobody can figure out exactly what he's doing, he'll probably never get the kind of time or role he needs/deserves.

when randolph is 21 or 22 don nelson will no longer be the coach. the warriors have just come off a 48 win season and a second round playoff visit. this year they've been injury burdened, more than any other team.

and what does the organization have to do with individual play...nothing.

you lose

JJ81
03-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Odom only said that because he felt bad about making him cry.

montazingmvp
03-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Odom only said that because he felt bad about making him cry.

first off, randolph wasn't crying, he always looks like that. second of all, do you really think odom could give two sh,,,its how randolph feels, i doubt it.

is there some sort of rule, to be a laker fan you must be a ******. is it a prerequisite

superkegger
03-09-2009, 04:40 PM
when randolph is 21 or 22 don nelson will no longer be the coach. the warriors have just come off a 48 win season and a second round playoff visit. this year they've been injury burdened, more than any other team.

and what does the organization have to do with individual play...nothing.

you lose

The warriors have been perenially bad. They haven't even had an all star since the early 90's.

If randolph stays in GS, his best hope is to be what al jefferson has been the past few years.

superkegger
03-09-2009, 04:41 PM
first off, randolph wasn't crying, he always looks like that. second of all, do you really think odom could give two sh,,,its how randolph feels, i doubt it.

is there some sort of rule, to be a laker fan you must be a laker fan. is it a prerequisite

yes i do believe in order to be a laker fan, you need to be a laker fan.

:laugh:

montazingmvp
03-09-2009, 04:45 PM
yes i do believe in order to be a laker fan, you need to be a laker fan.

:laugh:

fixed lol

montazingmvp
03-09-2009, 04:46 PM
The warriors have been perenially bad. They haven't even had an all star since the early 90's.

If randolph stays in GS, his best hope is to be what al jefferson has been the past few years.

well last year baron davis should of been an allstar but he was completely snubbed by brandon roy. but again, the past has nothing to do with the future

FortyDubs
03-09-2009, 04:51 PM
If Nellie keeps giving the kid the minutes he deserves, he's going to be a stud. Hall of fame is highly unlikely, but he'll be an all-star someday.

superkegger
03-09-2009, 04:57 PM
well last year baron davis should of been an allstar but he was completely snubbed by brandon roy. but again, the past has nothing to do with the future

no, the past doesn't have anything to do with the future, but it's a good indicator. And it seems like the Dubs are trying to reconstruct the past wing brining Nellie back.

I think Randolph is talented, I just don't see much of a future for him in GS.

montazingmvp
03-09-2009, 04:59 PM
no, the past doesn't have anything to do with the future, but it's a good indicator. And it seems like the Dubs are trying to reconstruct the past wing brining Nellie back.

I think Randolph is talented, I just don't see much of a future for him in GS.

well when nelly has been the coach, the warriors have actually been good, up until this year (due to injuries)

chicagowhitesox
03-09-2009, 05:51 PM
definitely not a hof'er. he's too weak to be an absolute stud. i think he'll be poor man's version of bosh. prolly like 16 & 7 in his best years.

montazingmvp
03-09-2009, 06:00 PM
definitely not a hof'er. he's too weak to be an absolute stud. i think he'll be poor man's version of bosh. prolly like 16 & 7 in his best years.

naw he's a much better rebounder than that...he already avg's 5rpg and he only plays 15 minutes a night