PDA

View Full Version : Best Young Teams in NBA

RISE ABOVE
03-09-2009, 05:01 AM
1. Portland - Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, Rudy Fernandez, Jarryd Bayless, Greg Oden, Travis Outlaw... Ranked Youngest Team - Average Age 24.07

2. Atlanta - Age 25.51- Age Rank 4th - Acie Law, Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams,
Josh Smith, Al Horford.

3. Memphis - Age 25.87 - Age Rank 8th - Mike Conley Jr, O.J. Mayo, Rudy Gay, Darrell Arthur, Marc Gasol.

4.Lakers - Age 25.90 - Age Rank 9th - Andrew Bynum, Jordan Farmar, Trevor Ariza, Sasha Vujacic, Adam Morrison. (scary that they are this good & in the top 10 youngest teams.)

5. Nets, Chicago. Both have young rising stars.

Others: Oklahoma, GS, and Philly.

Your List? Which of the non-playoff teams (if any) will be in next year?

RISE UP
03-09-2009, 05:12 AM
Portland is going to get even better, Atlanta, Indiana are going to get better. The west is tough, Memphis is going to have to get a lot better to make it next year. I thought GS would be better this year. The Lakers have young guys & Vets. The are the team to beat for awhile.
Magic have a good balance & Cavs. Lebron could make any team better. Let's see where he ends up.
The Spurs, Suns, Celtics, are all getting old.

I'd say the teams to beat in the next 5 yrs: Lakers, Portland, Magic, Where Ever Lebron ends up, Celtics/NO/Utah

dandman1021
03-09-2009, 05:30 AM
potland wil Be good for awhile....most of the players have the potential to be future superstars

bostncelts34
03-09-2009, 09:25 AM
A little misleading IMO. Lakers have a young average age, but that includes guys like morrison who dont even play. Lowering their total age lol. Should do some sort of stat for players who play 10 MPG's average age. I think that would show more of how long a teams core/players might keep this team good

pujolsdabomb5
03-09-2009, 09:54 AM
how about the thunder.

durant, jeff green, and russ westbrook

WSU Tony
03-09-2009, 10:01 AM
T-Wolves? Love, Foye, Jefferson + 4 first round picks this year. ;)

Mc Uncle Cola
03-09-2009, 10:01 AM
The NJ Nets is a great young time and will be a contender in the up comming years .. with people like Devon Harris, Brook Lopez, Ryan Anderson, Sean Williams, Josh Boone, Yi then along with the vetern leadership like Vince Carter, Bobby Simmons, and Keyon Dooling....Teams goin to be a conder by 2011

AWC713
03-09-2009, 10:15 AM
why hasnt anyone mentioned the grizzlies?

gasol is becoming a beast downlow, and add rudy gay and oj mayo? that'll be solid for years...

AWC713
03-09-2009, 10:15 AM
^^^my bad, didnt see them ranked 3

prodigy
03-09-2009, 10:24 AM
1. thunder

2. portland

JJ81
03-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Memphis.

Lakers are young but I'm not counting them :p

Testaverde16
03-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Clippers... Gordon, Thornton, Jordan.... they'll never be competitive, but I like those 3.

Testaverde16
03-09-2009, 10:47 AM

4? Whose picks do they have?

Sox Appeal
03-09-2009, 11:18 AM
potland wil Be good for awhile....most of the players have the potential to be future superstars

Outside of Brandon Roy, and maybe Greg Oden, I don't see another 'future superstar' on the Blazers roster. Granted though, they do have some incredibly talented young players (Aldridge, Bayless, Batum, Rudy, etc), but none of them have the potential to be a superstar.

As for the best young teams in the league, #1 is obviously the Portland Trailblazers. Like I just said, they already have a superstar in Brandon Roy and a solid young center with all of the upside in the world in Greg Oden, and they also have some other talented young guys surrounding them. If they keep the core of this team together, there's no question they'll be competing for championships for years to come.

#2 has to be the OKC Thunder. They have a serious ROY candidate in Russell Westbrook, a solid young player in Jeff Green at SG, and one of the best young scorers the game has ever seen in Kevin Durant. If they're able to land a low-post player in the draft this year, all the pieces will be in place for them to be making a serious playoff run sometime soon.

prodigy
03-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Lakers are young but I'm not counting them :p

They have a young talented injury prone center. that it. wow great young talent.

leftymo
03-09-2009, 11:24 AM
A little misleading IMO. Lakers have a young average age, but that includes guys like morrison who dont even play. Lowering their total age lol. Should do some sort of stat for players who play 10 MPG's average age. I think that would show more of how long a teams core/players might keep this team good

Well, not really. Misleading because the Lakers are also contenders for a championship. So their young guys aren't allowed to play as much. Drew isn't a #1 option, and Farmar will replace Fisher as the starting PG. Morrison has to learn the system, he'll get more PT next year. The other young teams are throwing their guys into the fire b/c they aren't contending for a title. Even the core starters for the Lakers, only Kobe & Fish are 30 & older, and Kobe is 30. So they have a bunch of guys in their prime, and youth following up behind that.

stealth33
03-09-2009, 11:47 AM
The best way to gauge this is to figure out the average age of the CORE not the entire team. For example the core of the thunder is VERY young, the core for the grizzles is also very young. Both very talented as well. Blazers are presently a good team and will continue to be very good however I think the scariest team for the future has to be the thunder.

The blazers almost have too many young guys. Too many guys who will need minutes to develop. They need more vets that are low maintenance and would just be able to step in and give solid production. However if one more of those young guys (Bayless) develops then they will be scary.

mrblisterdundee
03-09-2009, 11:49 AM
The Thunder and the Grizzlies have two of the best young cores.

The Panch
03-09-2009, 11:50 AM
The Grizzlies look like they will be beastly in about 2 years.

stealth33
03-09-2009, 11:56 AM
The Grizzlies look like they will be beastly in about 2 years.
What worries me about them is that their two scorers have developed very bad habits. Gay is probably a better second option that first but is taking crazy shots and making bad decisions a lot. Mayo has potential but is in dire need of a veteran presence to help him find his way(which there is a lack of in Memphis) Who knows if Conley develops. He might be a solid underrated pg in the future, like Jameer Nelson, but I don't really see star on him. Gasol is a beast and if he continues his development will be very solid.

However with the thunder I just have a lot more faith that Durant is a truly special player and develop into that veteran guy for the other guys rather than needing one himself. Almost like Lebron did for the Cavs, but even then it always helps to have veterans.

KKell2507
03-09-2009, 12:09 PM
So no one thinks the sixers young talent deserves to be on this list?
Iguodala - 25
Thaddeus Young - 20
Lou Williams - 22
Speights - 21
Jason Smith - 23
Even Dalembert is only 27

Andre Miller will be replaced by a younger PG once he leaves in free agency, say a Ty Lawson, Eric Maynor, or Darren Collison.

Basically the main core of the sixers is all very young there average age for the team is just weighted down cause of Donyell Marshall and Theo ratliff racking up the years. Other than Brand the core is still very young with plenty of room for more improvement of a team that is already making the playoffs now.

JordansBulls
03-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Portland is probably the best out of the group.

LTS
03-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Portland then OKC

scarletknight12
03-09-2009, 12:54 PM
76ers

Lou Williams, Speights, Iggy, Thad Young (all-star in the making)

what54!?
03-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Portland. But I doubt they can keep all those players

Thunder
Memphis
Sixers.

op12
03-09-2009, 01:16 PM
portland, atl, okc, then the t-wolves. each of these teams have an all star caliber player already and just need to add some pieces. memphis could be great if mayo and gay learn to play together and gasol continues to develop. the nets with harris, lopez and maybe yi could add some pieces and contend. the lakers could have potential if bynum could get healthy and morrison finally comes around. farmar will be decent so that could be 3 future pieces. but kobe will probably be around a while, so im sure things will change.

charlsdq7
03-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Sixers gotta be in the mix as well

superkegger
03-09-2009, 01:30 PM
While the average age of the Grizz might be higher, for awhile the average age of their starting lineup was like just at 21. The Memphis Tigers fielded an older average for their starting lineup last year.

JakeDelbreezy
03-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Not necessarily saying they're the "best" young core but one to keep an eye on is the Bobcats..

DJ Augustin - 21 yrs old
Boris Diaw - 26 yrs old
Raymon Felton - 24 yrs old
Emeka Okafor - 26 yrs old
Vlade Radmonovic - 28 yrs old
Gerald Wallace - 26 yrs old

Then their is the project in Alexis Ajinca who is only 20.

There are only 3 players on the Bobcats Roster over 30 yrs old. Juwan Howard -36 ,Raja Bell-32 and Nazr Mohammed-31. And neither Howard or Mohammed play significant roles.

montazingmvp
03-09-2009, 05:05 PM
warriors have a good young core

monta ellis 23
andris biedrins 22
azubuike 22
brandan wright 21
anthony randolph 19
rony turiaf 25
bellinelli 22
morrow 22

montazingmvp
03-09-2009, 05:10 PM
lakers young talent, is pretty average... here are their players 25 and under

sun yue 23
vujacic 25
adam morrison 24
farmar 22
bynum 21
brown 23
ariza 23

thats pretty average young talent as far as this league goes. the only good young player you have is bynum, who has injury problems. the rest are slightly above avg to bad

baller1532
03-09-2009, 05:21 PM
what about nugs? they have jr, nene, and melo. sonny weems could also be good

Catfish1314
03-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Portland is easily on top of this.

Joakim Noah is steadily improving and Tyrus Thomas is looking much better this year as well. Deng (injured and crappy this year but still very young) with Rose to set the aforementioned three up for a while is enough for a mention.

The Kings, depending on the draft this year, with Martin, Thompson, Hawes, and Greene, also look good for the future.

The Thunder are definitely top 3 with Green, Durant, and Westbrook.

BALLER71
03-09-2009, 05:36 PM
1. Portland
2. Wolves
3. Heat
4. Atlanta
5. Memphis
6. Thunder

Not in order.

jrodmesche
03-09-2009, 05:38 PM
the heat have the best young team howd your forget them?

alexander_37
03-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Houston has

Aaron Brooks 24
Lowry 22
Wafer 23
Landry 25
Yao 27
James White 26

Chateamsfan
03-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Thats right keep forgeting about my team!

BroadStBullies
03-09-2009, 05:46 PM
i'd say blazers, nets, bulls, hawks, and sixers.

GodsSon
03-09-2009, 05:50 PM
the raptors have 2 good young pieces, and 1 mid 20's piece...Bargnani, Bosh and Calderon.

KobeIs
03-09-2009, 06:15 PM

holy smokes, 4 picks?!

and we gotta mention memphis in here

they have gasol, gay, and mayo

and i kno im missing someone else.

Baller1
03-09-2009, 06:21 PM
1-2: OKC and Portland.

Should be a revival of the I-5 rivalry... unfortunately Seattle was robbed.

But, I honestly see these teams dominating the West in about 2-4 years. Roy and Durant are incredible players...

Darkhorse: People are forgetting about the Heat. Wade is incredible, and if Beasley can get it going and get the minutes, this could be a dangerous 1-2 punch in the future.

RISE ABOVE
03-11-2009, 02:49 AM
So no one thinks the sixers young talent deserves to be on this list?
Iguodala - 25
Thaddeus Young - 20
Lou Williams - 22
Speights - 21
Jason Smith - 23
Even Dalembert is only 27

Good young team for sure. They are going to make the playoffs this year, which a lot of other young teams won't.

oracle650
03-11-2009, 03:25 AM
Thats right keep forgeting about my team!

and mine. too bad that lottery is rigged, with our sorry injury stricken record we could use that pick.:cry:

Rique
03-11-2009, 07:09 AM
Outside of Brandon Roy, and maybe Greg Oden, I don't see another 'future superstar' on the Blazers roster. Granted though, they do have some incredibly talented young players (Aldridge, Bayless, Batum, Rudy, etc), but none of them have the potential to be a superstar.

As for the best young teams in the league, #1 is obviously the Portland Trailblazers. Like I just said, they already have a superstar in Brandon Roy and a solid young center with all of the upside in the world in Greg Oden, and they also have some other talented young guys surrounding them. If they keep the core of this team together, there's no question they'll be competing for championships for years to come.

#2 has to be the OKC Thunder. They have a serious ROY candidate in Russell Westbrook, a solid young player in Jeff Green at SG, and one of the best young scorers the game has ever seen in Kevin Durant. If they're able to land a low-post player in the draft this year, all the pieces will be in place for them to be making a serious playoff run sometime soon.

Thunder need a SG. Jeff Green Plays PF I don't know why people say he's a SG. Nenad Krstic is ballin this season and he's only 25.

Westbrook
Draft James Harden
Kevin Durant
Jeff Green
Nenad Krstic/Collison

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-11-2009, 07:59 AM
I think the T-wolves should be up there.

Bucsfan
03-11-2009, 12:26 PM
the Thunder imo, the jazz are pretty young also, dont really have any players over the age of 30, except maybe one or two but they really dont count in a way

thrilla11
03-12-2009, 08:38 PM
The Clips have three very good rookies starting with Eric Gordon,Mike Taylor and DeAndre Jordan.

daleja424
03-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Miami is up there with Beasley, Cook, Chalmers all in the rotation (+ moon who is in his second year in the league). They have a bright future...

twoearl
03-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Portland by far is the best young team. They have three potential hall of fame players on thier team.

shonk688
03-12-2009, 08:53 PM
I dont think the pacers are the best but I think you could group them in with some of these other teams mentioned. To me its Portland as the best right now.

HiphopRelated
03-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Portland by far is the best young team. They have three potential hall of fame players on thier team.

slowdown Chief

Chateamsfan
03-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Timberwolves suck, so do Thunder! The key word is best young teams. The ones in playoff contention!

mavwar53
03-12-2009, 10:35 PM
G.S. Ellis Biedrins, Randolph is gonna be something special, belinelli, azabuike, all have proven they can play very well in this league, just getting rid of the guys blocking their PT is the problem.

mavwar53
03-12-2009, 10:38 PM

Roy and who else aldrige is good but nothing near the hall, oden has proven nothing so who it the 3rd.

bballer89
03-12-2009, 10:41 PM
1. Portland - Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, Rudy Fernandez, Jarryd Bayless, Greg Oden, Travis Outlaw... Ranked Youngest Team - Average Age 24.07

2. Atlanta - Age 25.51- Age Rank 4th - Acie Law, Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams,
Josh Smith, Al Horford.

3. Memphis - Age 25.87 - Age Rank 8th - Mike Conley Jr, O.J. Mayo, Rudy Gay, Darrell Arthur, Marc Gasol.

4.Lakers - Age 25.90 - Age Rank 9th - Andrew Bynum, Jordan Farmar, Trevor Ariza, Sasha Vujacic, Adam Morrison. (scary that they are this good & in the top 10 youngest teams.)

5. Nets, Chicago. Both have young rising stars.

Others: Oklahoma, GS, and Philly.

Your List? Which of the non-playoff teams (if any) will be in next year?

What site did you get this from? (by posting the site it would help to see what teams are young and what teams are going to be considered either top 5 or top 10)

Baller1
03-12-2009, 10:51 PM
G.S. Ellis Biedrins, Randolph is gonna be something special, belinelli, azabuike, all have proven they can play very well in this league, just getting rid of the guys blocking their PT is the problem.

Portland vs. Golden State
Roy >> Ellis
Oden < Biedrins (Could easily change)
Aldridge > Randolph

Thunder vs. Golden State
Westbrook > Ellis
Green = Biedrens (I know they're different positions)
Durant >> Randolph

My point is... Golden State is not even close to one of the best young teams in the league.

SeoulBeatz
03-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Sixers got

Andre Iguodala 24
Thaddeus Young 20
Marreese Speights 21
Lou Williams 21
Jason Smith 21

i like our youth, thats a solid young team right there.

Drtino
03-13-2009, 12:48 AM
The Nets ... after we get another coach.:cool:

Drtino
03-13-2009, 12:49 AM
What site did you get this from? (by posting the site it would help to see what teams are young and what teams are going to be considered either top 5 or top 10)

Good point...