PDA

View Full Version : MELO= Rodney Dangerfield

baller1532
03-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Why does melo get no respect, like Rodney Dangerfield:mad:. Whenever LBJ or kobe gets touched, the refs call a foul:eyebrow:. melo has to be sent to the ground to get a foul :injury:. Anybody know why?

The Panch
03-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Because Kobe and Lebron are the face of the NBA, it sucks but it's true. I notice this alot to many people, its just some players get the calls because they suck up to the NBA, and other players don't suck up, so they get no calls.

superkegger
03-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Well, I think you may be exaggerating a bit.

Melo is fouled on 14% (LeBron is at 19%, Wade 17% and Kobe 12%) of his shots, he's taken 342 FT attempts this season, and he only takes 17.5 FGA per game. (Compared to Kobe Wade and LeBron who all take over 20 FGA per game, and while Wade(576), Kobe(462) and LeBron(577) all have taken more FT's, I feel like Melo's game isn't as based on getting to the rim like Wade and LeBron, and him taking less shots than all 3 also plays a role in him shooting less FT's.

Melo has always had a good midrange game, and a nice high post game as well. Because of this, I don't think he gets the same amount of inside shots in the same way that LeBron and Wade do. In no way is this a detriment to his game, it's just that refs are less apt to call a foul on Melo's defender because he's not taking that same kind of contact drawing shot the other's are.

Fair or not, I think Melo still get's plenty of respect.

madiaz3
03-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Well, I think you may be exaggerating a bit.

Melo is fouled on 14% (LeBron is at 19%, Wade 17% and Kobe 12%) of his shots, he's taken 342 FT attempts this season, and he only takes 17.5 FGA per game. (Compared to Kobe Wade and LeBron who all take over 20 FGA per game, and while Wade(576), Kobe(462) and LeBron(577) all have taken more FT's, I feel like Melo's game isn't as based on getting to the rim like Wade and LeBron, and him taking less shots than all 3 also plays a role in him shooting less FT's.

Melo has always had a good midrange game, and a nice high post game as well. Because of this, I don't think he gets the same amount of inside shots in the same way that LeBron and Wade do. In no way is this a detriment to his game, it's just that refs are less apt to call a foul on Melo's defender because he's not taking that same kind of contact drawing shot the other's are.

Fair or not, I think Melo still get's plenty of respect.
:clap:

Well, this thread is over. Time to pack up boys.

td0tsfinest
03-08-2009, 10:37 PM
"Life is just a bowl of pits."
-Rodney Dangerfield

Nirvanaskurdt
03-08-2009, 10:44 PM
I think he falls into the Duncan category as in hes a bit boring to watch.. never dunks..?

bbcmillionaire
03-08-2009, 10:47 PM
I think he falls into the Duncan category as in hes a bit boring to watch.. never dunks..?

what who can forget him dunking on yao ming his rookie year. hilarious