PDA

View Full Version : Time to Panic?

Kakaroach
03-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Is it time for the Phoenix Suns to panic? After all, they have lost four in a row and are now 4 games back of Dallas for the final playoff spot in the West. They have lost Amare Stoudemaire for the rest of the season. Is that enough to rule them out or not?

Spurred1
03-08-2009, 07:14 PM
No, not yet. Dallas also has a tough schedule, so it'll probably go down to the wire. Then the lucky team gets to face the Lakers. Oh joy...

carter15
03-08-2009, 07:18 PM
imo there done..which is too bad cuz there a very good team.

MilfHunter07
03-08-2009, 07:19 PM
sucks that they are in such a deep conference but good, i hate shaq. they are done. shaq will quit any day now

superkegger
03-08-2009, 07:20 PM
They should have been panicking a couple weeks ago.

GoatMilk
03-08-2009, 07:38 PM
they've been in panic mode since like December

unwantedplayer
03-08-2009, 07:38 PM
They were in panic mode since Amare went down.

IDB Josh M
03-08-2009, 08:09 PM
sucks that they are in such a deep conference but good, i hate shaq. they are done. shaq will quit any day now

Did Shaq really leave Miami on such bad terms?

dee279
03-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Yeah suns are out in my eyes

superkegger
03-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Did Shaq really leave Miami on such bad terms?

Probably not much different than how le left LA. A lot of Laker fans despised Shaq for a few years there.

rapswin98
03-08-2009, 08:35 PM
jus give up like the raps did:)

The Answer3
03-08-2009, 08:38 PM
The Suns were done ever since last season. Trade for Shaq NEVER really worked out and now Amare's out. They aren't likely to make the playoffs this year and even if they do its gonna be a first round exit. They need to rebuild ASAP. Get rid of Shaq since it won't be long till he wants out of Phoenix. Maybe for some young players/draft picks and expirers. Depend what FAs the organization is looking at.

mrblisterdundee
03-08-2009, 09:06 PM
I think they would have had more luck with Jason Richardson and Shawn Marion instead of Shaquille O''neal. Without the Amare injury, I think a line-up of Nash, Amare, Marion, Richardson, and Hill would be too much offense for another team to overcome. It has so many different options.

superkegger
03-08-2009, 09:09 PM
I think they would have had more luck with Jason Richardson and Shawn Marion instead of Shaquille O''neal. Without the Amare injury, I think a line-up of Nash, Amare, Marion, Richardson, and Hill would be too much offense for another team to overcome. It has so many different options.

What could have been. Of course that lineup would also be contingent on the suns retaining D'Antoni.

Kakaroach
03-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Lol overwhelmingly yes. I'm not surprised, guess they should have been panicking when Amare went down like many of you said. But even then they still had a shot...

lorenz00
03-08-2009, 09:41 PM
yyea time to panic lol...

Sportfan
03-08-2009, 09:42 PM
they shoulda started panicking already

Duncan = Donkey
03-08-2009, 10:42 PM
panic aint the right word, our seasn is over.

panic from what?? make the playoffs and get knocked out 1st round.

id rather just have a lottery pick. we were never going to the championship anyway.

Kakaroach
03-09-2009, 12:09 AM
panic aint the right word, our seasn is over.

panic from what?? make the playoffs and get knocked out 1st round.

id rather just have a lottery pick. we were never going to the championship anyway. Way to be a true fan lol. But I guess their season is actually over...

Duncan = Donkey
03-09-2009, 01:33 AM
^^ nah, i had hope after beating the lakers, but now they have lost four in a row and they have a pretty tough schedule towards the end of the season, and then theres the fact that they are 4 games back from dallas. ive already accepted that the suns wont make the playoffs. ill still be hoping though.

JordansBulls
03-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Is it time for the Phoenix Suns to panic? After all, they have lost four in a row and are now 4 games back of Dallas for the final playoff spot in the West. They have lost Amare Stoudemaire for the rest of the season. Is that enough to rule them out or not?

Well the Suns need to just rebuild this offseason. They should trade Nash, Shaq and Amare and start over with young talent. Any team that is close to contending would trade for any of those guys. Suns could trade Shaq to New Orleans for Chandler. Amare to the Bulls for Tyrus and Deng. Nash to the Knicks for Nate Robinson.

Kakaroach
03-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Well the Suns need to just rebuild this offseason. They should trade Nash, Shaq and Amare and start over with young talent. Any team that is close to contending would trade for any of those guys. Suns could trade Shaq to New Orleans for Chandler. Amare to the Bulls for Tyrus and Deng. Nash to the Knicks for Nate Robinson. That's a good idea except for trading Amare. Isn't he a young talent as well? And have all the Suns fans really given up?!

Fire&Ice2&33
03-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Lol damn suns!!! SORRY!!!!

They shoulda gave us Amare and they coulda got Ron Artest and Luis Scola,he woulda never got pocked in the eye!

Off-season we can take Amare off of your hands....Steve Kerr lets make a trade^...and we will give yall some draft picks

IndyRealist
03-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Well the Suns need to just rebuild this offseason. They should trade Nash, Shaq and Amare and start over with young talent. Any team that is close to contending would trade for any of those guys. Suns could trade Shaq to New Orleans for Chandler. Amare to the Bulls for Tyrus and Deng. Nash to the Knicks for Nate Robinson.

I don't know that they trade Nash and Amar'e. I still see Stoudamire resigning come 2010, and right now it's a buyer's market, so they wouldn't get value for him. With all of the free agents on the market in two summers, Stoudamire may not get the kind of offers he's looking for. Let Amar'e know that -he- is the core of the new team. If Nash will resign for less I'd take him for three more years so you can build the rest of the team and then groom a replacement. Trade Shaq to a contender, and then package Barnes and Barbosa to someone else. Get some shooters who can space the floor, and draft picks. Over the next three years you can transition from playing 7-second offense to inside-out with Amar'e or pick n' roll, and surround him with 3pt shooters and rebounders. Then you go find your next PG.

kEviN21
03-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Should've started the panic when Amar'e went down.

dgreat5000
03-09-2009, 04:00 PM
yea ya'll should have given us amare when u had the chance...mm mm mm

chicagowhitesox
03-09-2009, 05:52 PM
yeah. they're done.

Kakaroach
03-10-2009, 08:09 PM
I don't know that they trade Nash and Amar'e. I still see Stoudamire resigning come 2010, and right now it's a buyer's market, so they wouldn't get value for him. With all of the free agents on the market in two summers, Stoudamire may not get the kind of offers he's looking for. Let Amar'e know that -he- is the core of the new team. If Nash will resign for less I'd take him for three more years so you can build the rest of the team and then groom a replacement. Trade Shaq to a contender, and then package Barnes and Barbosa to someone else. Get some shooters who can space the floor, and draft picks. Over the next three years you can transition from playing 7-second offense to inside-out with Amar'e or pick n' roll, and surround him with 3pt shooters and rebounders. Then you go find your next PG. I think Shaq is the only one who should be traded. Remember, Leandro was the 6th man of the year, I dunno if the Suns would want to trade him. Of course Amare should be their franchise player, and Nash still has a few good years left in him.

Lowstrings
03-10-2009, 08:18 PM
I think Shaq is the only one who should be traded. Remember, Leandro was the 6th man of the year, I dunno if the Suns would want to trade him. Of course Amare should be their franchise player, and Nash still has a few good years left in him.

I agree. The Shaq trade, coaching changes, and the change of playing style ruined it for the suns. I say get rid of Shaq and go back to running and gunning again.

king4day
03-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Suns are 4 back of Dallas with 2 games remaining against them.
We have a slightly easier schedule.
The last four losses coulda have been wins, so as bad as it looks like we played, it wasn't horrible ball.
Not likely but it's possible

Duncan = Donkey
03-10-2009, 08:54 PM
yea ya'll should have given us amare when u had the chance...mm mm mm

ahh no

hockeypro68
03-10-2009, 09:02 PM
I was SO bummed when Amare went out for the season. With him in the lineup they were championship contenders.

JJ_JKidd
03-11-2009, 12:36 AM
Well game over Dallas wins. They are now 5 games bact. They would have to go 13-5 and Dallas to win half of their remaining teams if they would overtake Dallas in the 8th. But who cares. The 8th seed team will automatically be beaten by the Lake Show.

Nash needs to go to maybe Portland. Not to the Celtics please. Dont coatail Stevie. 2-time MVP coatailer, no way. Same as true with Kidd.

greatest37
03-11-2009, 12:39 AM
too bad. I had really thought the Suns had what it took to steal that 8th spot. i guess not.

dodie53
03-11-2009, 12:59 AM
suns with their rotten luck,
after the trade deadline,
amare gets injured.

sheesh.

major changes in the off season for sure.

JordansBulls
03-11-2009, 01:02 AM
Suns are done now.

Kakaroach
03-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Suns are done now. Lol, yeah they are now that they are 5 GB. I thought they still had a chance if they won last night.

king4day
03-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Lol damn suns!!! SORRY!!!!

They shoulda gave us Amare and they coulda got Ron Artest and Luis Scola,he woulda never got pocked in the eye!

Off-season we can take Amare off of your hands....Steve Kerr lets make a trade^...and we will give yall some draft picks

Barnes' pass that hit Amare in the head is what did it.
According to the doc, he already had minor tears. This just made it worse and visible.

Amare is untradeable in the offseason due to his eye. His career is at risk right now and it's possible the Doc won't give him a clean bill to ever play again.

DrDEADalready
03-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Yesterday was a must win for them to beat dallas and start to get on a winning streak to get back in it. but with a loss yesterday to dallas. I think they are done for the season. Sad to see a talented team not make the playoffs. but would have been in the playoffs if they were in the EAST. :pity:

Steely McBeam
03-11-2009, 10:16 AM
i thought they were done when amare went down

hotdogbun
03-11-2009, 10:23 AM
they already panicked when they got shaq. then traded for jrich

Kakaroach
03-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Barnes' pass that hit Amare in the head is what did it.
According to the doc, he already had minor tears. This just made it worse and visible.

Amare is untradeable in the offseason due to his eye. His career is at risk right now and it's possible the Doc won't give him a clean bill to ever play again. Wow thats pretty sad news. I didn't think Amare was going have a career-ending injury from his eye.

Kakaroach
03-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Its pretty much over now that they are 6 GB. Lottery pick anyone?

King Cole
03-14-2009, 12:42 AM
It seems like it's panic time for them. They seem lost now w/o Amare besides
relying on old Shaq and hobbled Nash. They needa prepare for the future. Give Barbosa more minutes and someone needa fire Steve Kerr as GM asap.

Kakaroach
03-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Could the Suns be back in it? They have a easy schedule and are catching up. Now 4 GB of 8th. :speechless:

Chronz
03-17-2009, 10:38 PM
It was getting close but they still got a cupcake schedule left

Kakaroach
04-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Here they go with a big game today. With a win over the Mavs, they will be two games back.

Kohaku
04-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Suns..most likely aren't gonna win this one. They're down 119-87..unless they can go on a 33-0 run.

Kakaroach
04-05-2009, 05:41 PM
^^Lol. Yep its over for the Suns. No time left to panic, just time to figure out who they will take with the 14th pick.

Young2Kinsler
04-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Suns after today are done, and so are the Mavs. Mavs will be swept by the Lakers in first round, wish we wouldn't make the playoffs.

Spurred1
04-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Suns after today are done, and so are the Mavs. Mavs will be swept by the Lakers in first round, wish we wouldn't make the playoffs.

Why the hell do you follow the Mavs,again?

Hawkize31
04-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Yeah, its a little late to start panicking. They basically have to win out and hope for Dallas to stumble.

JordansBulls
04-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Amazing that the Suns won't make the playoffs this year.

Kakaroach
04-05-2009, 06:00 PM
^^Yep. One of the best teams this decade will not make the playoffs. Strange to not see the Suns in that playoff bracket this season.

GHOSTSNIPER
04-05-2009, 06:01 PM
imo there done..which is too bad cuz there a very good team.
So they're a very good team yet they can't even get the eighth seed?Wow,just wow...

LakersKB24
04-05-2009, 06:23 PM
They are lost without Amare offensively. He's a big part of their Run'n'Gun and Shaq isn't that much of a running big man.
It's always one very good team that doesn't make the cut in the West. There are more teams above .500 than playoff seeds, so it's always very close and small things decide whether you are in the playoffs or not and losing one of your star players is something that makes it very hard to compete in a Conference full of contenders.
In addition to that the Suns are getting older and the younger teams like Portland are stepping up.

Kakaroach
04-05-2009, 07:34 PM
They are lost without Amare offensively. He's a big part of their Run'n'Gun and Shaq isn't that much of a running big man.
It's always one very good team that doesn't make the cut in the West. There are more teams above .500 than playoff seeds, so it's always very close and small things decide whether you are in the playoffs or not and losing one of your star players is something that makes it very hard to compete in a Conference full of contenders.
In addition to that the Suns are getting older and the younger teams like Portland are stepping up. x2 Maybe next year there will be more than 9 teams with the Warriors healthy and if the Thunder or the T-Wolves make some off-season moves. Who knows, maybe the Clippers can even get it together with the talent they have.

harris2carter
04-05-2009, 07:38 PM
no the time 2 panic was when dan tony left 4 NY

TopsyTurvy
04-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Team struggled and their coach at the time wanted them to adopt a new identity with the same personnel. Identity crisis ensued along with an open revolt against the new coaches ideologies...

Time to panic, no. Time to make changes, yes! Phoenix will have an interesting off season.

YankeeFan89
04-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Suns playoff hopes are over =/ Will the Suns buy Nash out?

Kakaroach
04-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Team struggled and their coach at the time wanted them to adopt a new identity with the same personnel. Identity crisis ensued along with an open revolt against the new coaches ideologies...

Time to panic, no. Time to make changes, yes! Phoenix will have an interesting off season. Yea, it should be an interesting off-season. I'm think Jason Richardson will be traded and maybe Shaq as well.